rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Beetlejuice: A Review, Our Mindless Bureaucracy & The Death Of America

[Image: poster-jpg_235348.jpg]

NOTE: This was my favorite movie from my childhood. I have flash-bulb memories of watching it obsessively as a five year-old. I curiously thought about how I have't watched it in years - I remember why. I had such a shitty childhood - this movie spoke to me. I only rewatched a couple scenes, but they hit it on a primal level. I will have to re-watch and do an analysis of why it was therapy for me - something that deep is probably RoK material, not forum material.

Synopsis Of Movie

Beetlejuice was a popular movie released in 1988. It features of couple who die and have to come to terms with their ghosthood. It is a brilliant, dark comedy that really is a movie that is amenable to multiple viewings.

Let’s step through an overview of the movie. Alec Baldwin & Geena Davis were a newlywed couple - the Maitlands - who had a house in the New England countryside. One day, they go to the small town nearby - where Baldwin owned a hardware store. On their way back, going through a covered bridge, they serve to avoid hitting a dog and their car careers into the river, drowning them both.

[Image: HandbookForTheRecentlyDeceased.jpg]

They get back to their house, but they have no idea of getting there, as they remember falling into the river last. They start noticing small things and find a fateful book, “A Handbook For The Recently Deceased.” They come to terms with the fact they are dead.

The next day, an obnoxious couple - the Deetzes - portrayed by Jeffery Jones & Catherine O'Hara - move in, with a goth daughter portrayed by a young Winona Ryder. The wife has an annoying, effeminate friend, Otho, portrayed by Glenn Shadix. They are rich and very pretentious. At first, the Maitlands make fools of themselves in a vain effort to kick out the annoying Deetzes.

They follow the advice in the book, and enter into the world of the dead. It is absolutely hilarious, as it is a world drowning in mindless bureaucracy and red-tape. They get assigned a case worker, Juno, who gives them advice and also tells them they have been assigned to haunt the house for 125 years.

More missteps happen, but Winona Ryder is able to see the Maitlands. They develop a friendship. However, Michael Keaton makes his entrance around this time as Beetlejuice. Beetlejuice is a rogue "bio-exorcist" who is reviled in the afterlife community.

Since the Maitlands are unable to scare the Deetzes away by themselves, they reluctantly hire Beetlejuice to scare the Deetzes away - but they back off at the last minute. Right before this, Otho finds the deceased handbook and finds out Winona Ryder is friends with the ghosts. Glenn Shadix convinces the Deetzes about the ghost's existence and they get Jeffery Jones' character to bring his boss & his wife down to convince them there are ghosts in the house - in an effort to turn the house into a tourist attraction.

Glenn Shadix is fairly dumb and, in an effort to show off the ghosts, he unwittingly performs an exorcism. This scene is important, as he gather Davis' wedding gown & Baldwin's tuxedo. Their bodies fill the clothes, much to the amazed surprise of the guests. They are human again, with their fleshed bodies floating in the air. However, their bodies begin to age rapidly. When questioned vigorously by Jeffrey Jones, Glenn Shadix hurriedly begins to thumb through the handbook while sweating and looking very worried, then remarking:

Quote:Quote:

It's too late Charles [Jeffrey Jones], I'm sorry.

Winona Ryder goes to another room, where she finds Beetlejuice waiting to be summoned. In order to summon Beetlejuice, you have to call his name three times in succession. He says he will save the Deetzes from the exorcism if she agrees to be his wife. She agrees and Beetlejuice saves them, only to hatch an impromptu wedding.

In the end, the wedding is prevented and everybody is safe. The movie ends with the Deetzes and the Maitlands living in harmony.

Analysis Of The Afterlife Bureaucracy

[Image: beetlejuice+reception.png]

Quite possibly the funniest and most brilliant aspect of the movie is the afterlife bureaucracy. It is an absolute mess of swirling papers, constellations of cubicle jockies and insane waiting lines. They are told, at one point, they will have to wait around for several years before they are seen by a bureaucrat.

This is a parody of bureaucracy in America. Everybody on this forum has had awful experiences at a courthouse, DMV or just any branch of government. The explosion of bureaucracy in America - which coincides with the rapid growth of administrative law - hasn't been a net positive for America.

I could break down some of my critiques of administrative law in America, but understand it is a needlessly complicated set of laws. It is made worse by poor planning and a lack of defined roles for offices. I don't know how many times I have tried to track something down, only to find nobody knows what the fuck they are doing. Especially at a university - it can seem you are chasing your own tail finding something out. What the hell do these people do that fill out the voluminous amounts of offices?

Part of this is women's desire for paid employment. They desire cush jobs with flexible hours and great benefits. Why bust your ass and become somebody with real skills when you can sit around and gossip and cat-fight with fellow females. This reinforces female desire for superficiality while simultaneously desiring to be taken as seriously as hard-working males.

In America, this started out as women demanding their domestic sphere be taken as serious as men's work outside the home. This lead to the creation of the "domestic goddess" social construct. Women were dissatisfied with this arrangement and waited for the creation of fiat money, expansive government and the birth control pill to demand a new paradigm - where men & women are "equals." Really, they just wanted financial independence in order to chase alphas and spend their money & time being frivolous.

The other part of this is the insufficiency of the public sphere. I have no doubt that the invasion of females into leadership roles in the public sphere has made it much worse, but also consider the lack of incentive to work hard - especially in a narcissistic society such as ours. FDR rejected unionizing federal workers - probably because he knew that for his new expansive government to work, he needed to know they had to work hard to keep their jobs. Also, consider the fact that the government doesn't face the same markets forces like a business does. While it is bad long-term, governments can raise taxes, print money, etc. to paper over ineffective agencies. Businesses either get taken over or fold.

However, let's get to the meat of this writeup.

It's Too Late Charles, I'm Sorry.

[Image: 500px-OthoFenlockbio.png]

Let's talk about his quote and the leadup to his situation and how it relates to feminism & hypergamy.

Glenn Shadix scores a copy of "The Handbook For Recently Deceased" and clearly only thumbs through it. He does find a way to summon the ghosts, but doesn't read the fine print that it is an exorcism - that is the last thing you want if you desire to show off a house as haunted - especially if you want market the house as a tourist trap.

He gathers the wedding gowns, gets the group together and performs the exorcism perfectly. The problem is the fact he didn't realize he was performing exorcism. When confronted with his error, he tries to pretend it isn't happening - then says it is just simply too late and apologizes.

That is the arc of feminism. Catching glimpses of reality without fully wrapping their mind around it, they burn down socially fatal paths. They see some men enjoying their jobs, they see a few other women achieving career success - they see rich women getting away with being single & childless. They read some superficial analyses of why women should do the same things men do. Just like Glenn Shadix's character, they being to steam down untoward paths without fulling comprehending the nature of their behaviors.

Women & feminists didn't bother to look inside themselves to fully understand themselves - they certainly didn't comprehend men's lives at all. It reminds of me Willie Loman in "The Death Of A Salesman" - one of the best plays in American history - a man who commits suicide because his life doesn't match up with his dreams of what it could be. Burdened by a failing career and joblessness, he kills himself with the delusional thought his son would use the life insurance money to become a businessman - so much for male privilege.

The play represents many things, but what is relevant here is female delusions of a man's life and misunderstanding the long-term arc of their decisions. Women don't understand the sacrifices a man makes being a boyfriend, husband or a provider. They can't be completely honest with her about their emotions; they have to work jobs they hate in order to provide for a family. Heaven forbid they admit they hate their job - their wife will feel guilty, but take out that guilt on her husband. Men are often trapped in awful relationships with women. Women bitch and moan about not being sexually attracted to their husbands. Shit, many men have that plus knowing they will get assfucked in divorce court, denied the right to see their kids - all the while getting blamed socially for his inability to please his self-absorbed wife.

Let's talk about long-term arc of decisions. In "The Death Of The Saleman," when Willie talked to his boss about getting a local job - he got very angry and that caused him to get fired. This is where hypergamy comes in. Glenn Shadix thought he was doing well when he summoned the Maitlands, only to find out he pissed away the ultimate goal - the use of the house as a tourist destination.

Hypergamy fits in here because this fits the two former profiles - they did what they wanted in the short-term, only to piss away the long-term. Shadix was about to piss away the ghost house, Willie pissed away his job. Women, in order to slake their hypergamic thirst, ordered the Sexual Revolution, only to find out following their sexual impulses will result in the collapse of society.

Women as a class will probably never reach that level of consciousness, but the cracks are emerging. Take red-pill females in the manosphere. Many women, such as sunshinemary, are chopping up serious game about why patriarchy and gender roles are important. Just like when Glenn Shadix was sweating, realizing he fucked up, some part of him had to be stepping through why he messed up. Part of him had to be thinking he should have read the book cover-to-cover before doing anything - so he could wrap his mind around the whole issue he was taking on.

Many women have to be thinking about why society is so fucked up right now. Sure, most of it is hamster BS, but some women are very slowly coming around to red-pill. Yes, those idiots at Jezebel, the Atlantic & NY Times are going down hamster-swinging, but those women will also be collateral damage - or women who won't skip a beat switching allegiances when a new social order comes around.

[Image: dark%20knight.PNG]

Let me end me with a word about Beetlejuice as a character. The ending to "The Dark Knight" feeds into this a bit. At the end, Batman was pegged as a villian because that is what Gotham needed at the time. In "Beetlejuice," the Beetlejuice character is what is needed to save the Maitlands at the end. In both movies, neither options are desirable but they are necessary.

Like in "Beetlejuice," sometimes you need untoward characters or events to clean a mess up. As for dealing with feminism & hypergamy, I think our Dark Knight Beetlejuice is social collapse.

It never sounds good - sounds like something you would read on ZeroHedge - but it is probably true. How else will we cure the delusions women have about themselves or reality? Sure, some red-pill alpha could start a social movement and change some women, but most women still pine away for moving to a big city, fucking alphas on the regular and then dreadfully settle for a beta, only to divorce once the kids reach school age.

You know, when I was younger I used to believe wholeheartedly in this country. I never wondered about the social issues facing America. I started to pick around a little bit and found great resistance. I was voted to play the opposition to birth control in a political science class. I blurted out my first red-pill thought when I impulsively said in the debate, "If women aren't having kids, then who will? You just said yourself the demographics of your country will collapse without appropriate birth levels. Instead of kvetching for immigration how about you use your naturally given womb and do right by your country?"

It was met with horrified stares. The woman I was debating was offended I suggested women have to breed. I was beta at the time so I changed the arc of the discourse, but understand that is how deep the delusion goes with American women.

I began to pick more & more and suddenly the whole house of cards comes down. The media & the school system hate the internet because it allows opinions like mine to get through to an audience without their hateful approval.

I think our society will collapse and that will be our Dark Knight or Beetlejuice. However, let me finish with a discussion I had with my thesis adviser - the thesis I abandoned. I drew up an initial approach - which was vaguely red-pill and he told me it would never fly because your conclusions would not go over well. I told him what mattered is whether it is true or not.

He leaned into me and told me, face to face, that the truth is irrelevant if the powers that be don't want that information getting out.

"Well," I said, leaning away from him, "I'm sorry."

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Do your thesis and publish it online. It will be out in the ethereal cloud and immune to the dictates of the PC filth that runs US universities. People can read it and judge it by merit instead of its usefulness to cultural Marxist ideology.

Word.

@JimNortonFan: It really wasn't that good and was teetering on the edge of true red-pill thought. I was drawing on my realization that Italy is collapsing demographically and women were blaming "man-children" for not growing up and wifing them up. I was aware of game at the time but fairly blue-pill. I think part of the reason I abandoned it was because I wasn't ready to come to terms with the red-pill & didn't have any way to conceptualize it.

It is true - Italy will be collapsing because of a severe children shortage. Women think it is problem that doesn't involve them at all - ironic considering they have the fucking wombs. Watch Japan, Italy & Sweden (maybe Greece or Spain) as harbingers for our future.

why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

GREAT write up. I wish your writings could hit the main stream. The men in the west need to wake up ASAP or the entire west will collapse. Maybe those in power want western society to collapse, IDK. But it appears the only society growing and spreading is Islamic in nature (and that is simply because they keep their women in their proper place).

It does appear that western society will have to collapse to get this thing fixed though. The men don't want to wake up and the women sure as hell don't seem to be able to think past 5 minutes into the future. And if it does collapse, I hope the realization that women's equality can never work in reality is the lesson learned in the future about the collapse of the once great west.

Do you compose and type really fast, or how long does it take you to make your posts and threads?

Quote: (08-14-2013 08:50 AM)soup Wrote:  

Do you compose and type really fast, or how long does it take you to make your posts and threads?

Did this post off the top of my head. Reference point: put the movie in and was done with the writeup before the movie was over. Then spent some time looking over it for errors.

I am a quick writer, but this post just flowed. I don't force my writing - either it flows naturally or I set aside an idea to chill.