rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Geoffrey Miller: No fatties allowed

http://jezebel.com/nyu-prof-to-obese-phd...-510982879

fatties are livid in the comments

Adenine0wlUViolet_Baudelaire1L
*Evolutionary* psychology, which in many cases is suspect as actual science. It may be my ignorance here, but most of what I've seen from the field has just been heavy conjecture reinforcing things like archaic gender stereotypes. Today 11:55am

fat women don't like evolutionary psychology either

Career suicide. Aspergers, coke, or MDMA. Booze wouldn't get you that stupid.

Is Jezebel capable of writing a factual dissertation or editorial piece not laced with sarcasm and hyperbole well suited to a high school lunch table?

How the fuck can people communicate like this? Mindblowing.

I think fatties feel a primal, baseline level of impending doom, knowing that civilization is temporary and that they would be among the first of the herd to be culled by predators should the lights go out and the water to stop running. That's why they hate things like evolutionary psychology and fit people; two things that would give you a distinct advantage in such a scenario.

Poignant, disquieting little reminders that their mass is a perversity of the human form. That they are no fit for reproduction and it was only by the intellect and sweat of greater individuals that the world was tamed so they could survive the next trip to Krispy Kreme. I hate fat people. Especially fat women.

What a hero. Doesn't surprise me that he's been shamed into apologizing and saying he doesn't really think that. I've put the quote on to my facebook, I can't wait to see the responses.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (06-03-2013 01:55 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

What a hero. Doesn't surprise me that he's been shamed into apologizing and saying he doesn't really think that. I've put the quote on to my facebook, I can't wait to see the responses.

Come on, that was a massive blunder by this guy. Although many may think it, if you are in a public job and you say shit like that you have to expect a MAJOR shitstorm.

What the truth is is a whole different issue.

Like I say above, screw loose or drugs; maybe he's independently wealthy or is already quitting academia for a much higher paid job...?

Fatties will dog him throughout his career, and if I was a dean I would shy away from hiring him because shit sprays everywhere.

Quote: (06-03-2013 01:59 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2013 01:55 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Come on, that was a massive blunder by this guy. Although many may think it, if you are in a public job and you say shit like that you have to expect a MAJOR shitstorm.

What the truth is is a whole different issue.

Like I say above, screw loose or drugs; maybe he's independently wealthy or is already quitting academia for a much higher paid job...?

Fatties will dog him throughout his career, and if I was a dean I would shy away from hiring him because shit sprays everywhere.

Oh of course, I know what you're saying is right. However, I applaud him for saying "fuck it" and just saying it. I wish I were as brave. I just wish it was someone like Richard Dawkins who had said it, people couldn't just write him off like they're doing here due to him having an excellent (see:famous) intellectual reputation etc.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

This guy is definitely red pill

Has anyone ever read Spent or Mating Mind? This guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to the psychology of mate choice.

Also, he had the leadoff essay in Edge.org's essay survey last year, really interesting stuff:

http://edge.org/response-detail/23838

I hope he is tenured. Why give a fuck then.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Evolutionary psychologists tend to be naturally "redpill," since their work debunks the delusions of fat-apologism, feminism, the so-called blank slate, etc. at every turn.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

IF he IS tenured already then he's kind of a pussy for apologizing.

I read mating mind back in the day. I don't think that sexual selection is everything, which seems to be his big thing.

I'm actually quite surprised by his statement all together because in Mating Mind he says he is a feminist, though he could just be bullshitting for public image purposes.

As soon as I saw that tweet of his, I knew he'd regret it. He publicly said he was 'red pill' a few days ago on his Twitter feed.

WOW! I did not expect that tweet.
[Image: clap2.gif]
Although he should have seen it coming.

It cracks me up how universally feminists oppose evolutionary psychology, but it doesn't surprise me. Anything that flies in the face of "gender as social construct" dogma is something feminists will oppose tooth and nail. If men and women are the same, after all, male dominance implies female oppression. If men and women are different, male dominance implies male superiority.

Feminists will never accept the latter, they'll fight furiously to support the former, even in the face of reason, logic, and facts, since their self esteem is on the line. Of course if you're a female, then defining your self esteem in terms of how well you compare to the male is kinda retarded, but that's never stopped feminists from trying. It's pretty hard to see feminism as anything other than a female inferiority complex at this point.

I say we award the man the first inaugural RVF tweet of the day.

[Image: 95431322630cfa27dbac8db79e9dc2c3.jpeg]

Quote: (06-03-2013 02:36 PM)ao85 Wrote:  

Has anyone ever read Spent or Mating Mind? This guy knows what he's talking about when it comes to the psychology of mate choice.

Also, he had the leadoff essay in Edge.org's essay survey last year, really interesting stuff:

I guess I have to grant you need some pioneers with real nerve to get in people's faces in order to spread unacceptable but true things, like being fat is bad for you and others.

If he's already famous as a pop psychology author and got a niche in academia, then maybe the "no such things as bad publicity" principle will be in effect, and his books will sell more, etc, leading to serious fame/money and him being able to tell universities FU.

Quote: (06-03-2013 05:18 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

I guess I have to grant you need some pioneers with real nerve to get in people's faces in order to spread unacceptable but true things, like being fat is bad for you and others.

If he's already famous as a pop psychology author and got a niche in academia, then maybe the "no such things as bad publicity" principle will be in effect, and his books will sell more, etc, leading to serious fame/money and him being able to tell universities FU.

Also, I think he has the prescription right, all of us sitting in front of computers all day and not pounding weights or the like need to NOT be eating hundreds of a grams of carbs every day, it seems like that is highly correlated to whale-ism.

Quote: (06-03-2013 05:20 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2013 05:18 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Also, I think he has the prescription right, all of us sitting in front of computers all day and not pounding weights or the like need to NOT be eating hundreds of a grams of carbs every day, it seems like that is highly correlated to whale-ism.

Haha, yeah I guess given the stranglehold on discussion that PC has these days, basic statements like being fat is bad is considered red pill - but I'm moreso referring to his book Spent - it makes fun of most people as being status posers, liberals and conservatives. I highly recommend it if you want your worldview challenged.

So little work goes into the Jezebel articles -- it's like they expect to live off the fat of the land.

I mean, how hard is it to distill a chunk of information and make a bigger point? But instead the writer just kept larding on the sarcasm till her article was just plump with idiocy.

Seriously, that article tipped the scales of stupidity. It was weighted down by its own lack of insight. Bloated with blather. If they think this stuff will be popular, they're wrong -- it'll never blow up. No one will swallow it.

if you stick to vegetables/fruit, wholegrain foods and steer clear of processed junk

and

engage in moderate exercise on a regular basis

it's pretty difficult to become obese.

i tend to consider obese people poorly educated or ill-disciplined. either they don't understand the calorific/nutritional content of what they are eating or they do understand but eat shit anyway, consequences be damned.

@DoBA:

Isn't the lack of insight and work the point? The snark and sarcasm are a way of papering over their real lack of intellect and writing ability. Even when they do pen something long and original, like Lindy West's piece about MRA's, it is long, poorly framed and reeks of a level of personal anger. I think all their blather about male privilege is that they think guys just come into being smart and perceptive. They don't realize how much work it takes.

My sister epitomizes this. She whines about how good men have in society and how that is reflected in my desire to read lots of nonfiction. They is coming from somebody who grew in the same house as me, had access to the same books and strongly encouraged to read. She thinks my desire to accumulate knowledge = male privilege.

Deep down, they know they aren't interested in developing their mind, and as such, it shuts many doors in their life because they will never have the sharp mind to develop good analysis of issues or take creative approaches to issues.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Quote: (06-03-2013 11:28 PM)2Wycked Wrote:  

@DoBA:

Isn't the lack of insight and work the point? The snark and sarcasm are a way of papering over their real lack of intellect and writing ability. Even when they do pen something long and original, like Lindy West's piece about MRA's, it is long, poorly framed and reeks of a level of personal anger. I think all their blather about male privilege is that they think guys just come into being smart and perceptive. They don't realize how much work it takes.

My sister epitomizes this. She whines about how good men have in society and how that is reflected in my desire to read lots of nonfiction. They is coming from somebody who grew in the same house as me, had access to the same books and strongly encouraged to read. She thinks my desire to accumulate knowledge = male privilege.

Deep down, they know they aren't interested in developing their mind, and as such, it shuts many doors in their life because they will never have the sharp mind to develop good analysis of issues or take creative approaches to issues.

My post was just an excuse to work variations of the word "fat" into various sentences for comedy's sake. It sort of didn't make much sense, but now that you mention it, yes, snark is a way to disguise stupidity.

Let's not make this a political issue, though, because next thing you know they'll call for pork-barrel spending.

Is it wrong that I wish all the fatties would just die off quickly and quietly? Of course that'd never happen, it would be the noisiest thing you'd ever heard.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee