rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going back to Uni as an older student...

Guys,

I'm currently living in a West European city renown for its good looking women and laid back attitude. In sept, I'll begin my Master's (will also be attending some Bachelor modules) and therefore will be a student once again .....but this time much older than before.

I think Roosh once said that the essence of game was all about being cool. Can anyone offer advice on how best to be cool amongst young students without coming across as a complete or partial tool?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated re whether or not to get involved in uni activities to complement my existing social and night life.

Cheers...AD

Depends on how old you are...

Quote: (07-28-2010 08:22 AM)Badstuber Wrote:  

Depends on how old you are...

I'm in my 40's..

Invest in some really cool clothes!! The older you are, the better you have to use your clothes to work for you. I trust you wont be going to school as you are dressed in this photo? right?

So, here's the fun part....get a hold of a mens magazine like "GQ" or any other trendy Mens fashion magazine. Go to the school cafe or anyplace on campus and pick a target, and open her with the exact truth..."hey, I'm going back to school for my masters, and would love your opinion on what fashion trends would look good on me this semester, especially some cool shoes, can you help me pick some things out?

If things go well, you can invite her to the mall later that day, and then some other venues for fun as you build comfort, trust and escalate kino.

She will enjoy many parts of this opener:

1. she'll find you interesting
2. she'll find you confident
3. She'll see you are fun

Feel free to use this opener anywhere, a starbucks, a local mall, another University nearby [Image: smile.gif]

I just got you your first school bang! (thank me later)

Mixx

Quote: (07-28-2010 08:50 AM)MiXXmaster27 Wrote:  

Mixx

Thanks MiXXmaster27!

Actually I'd like to think I already dress pretty cool (and yes, photo was taken on a recent beach holiday). I spend a fair bit on clothes and I'm in very good shape so most stuff fits me really well. I'd even go as far to say I already do ok getting attention with women in their twenties.

My question is not so much about trying to score with students; it's more about attitude and just getting about in the Uni environment in a way that your thought of as being a pretty ok guy. A bar a night with a mixed crowd I'm fine, no probs. A Uni is something that I'm out of touch with...

Maybe this should/could be moved to the 'Everything else' section?

Quote: (07-28-2010 09:12 AM)adrian_D Wrote:  

Quote: (07-28-2010 08:50 AM)MiXXmaster27 Wrote:  

Mixx

Thanks MiXXmaster27!

Actually I'd like to think I already dress pretty cool (and yes, photo was taken on a recent beach holiday). I spend a fair bit on clothes and I'm in very good shape so most stuff fits me really well. I'd even go as far to say I already do ok getting attention with women in their twenties.

My question is not so much about trying to score with students; it's more about attitude and just getting about in the Uni environment in a way that your thought of as being a pretty ok guy. A bar a night with a mixed crowd I'm fine, no probs. A Uni is something that I'm out of touch with...

Maybe this should/could be moved to the 'Everything else' section?

University gaming is a popularity contest. Do you play sports? If you did back in your younger days, make friends with the Athletic guys in your school ASAP! Make friends with guys who are DJ's that have local gigs - and finally, get in the know with who the latest hip-hop star is, (Itunes can help you here). Opening a girl with a song on your Iphone 4 and asking her what she thinks of that song is always a cool, non-threatening opener.

Young girls, as you know, have very little value to add to your life as they are very inexperienced at anything that is real in life, so don't expect too much intelligent conversation and mental stimulation from them.

University game is all about Moxy and attitude - act like a jock, and don't give a shit - notice I said jock, not jerk!

Mixx

And some still think that the Checklist is basic... hahaha

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

No way...dude your 40 years old...the smart thing to do is dress and act your age....be confident and mature...you will be stunned at the amount of women in their early 20's who are boning a late 30-40 something. Your maturity, experience, knowledge is your best asset..so why waste that acting like a college kid who don't know shit?

You definitely dont want to dress badly like a 20 years old (t shirt and jeans+sneakers) but you dont want to dress like a boring older man. the trick is to dress well and be smart, articulate and stylish in your dress like a young professional man in his late 20s early 30s i.e. be a sharp dressed man as the song goes! but that does not mean you want to go to school in a tuxedo either! so in conclusion just get any GQ magazine!

Btw I highly suggest that you start hitting the gym too, it will boost your confidence and will beef you up. You are a bit too skinny so put some muscles in there and improve your posture.

The reason why a lot of older men find it hard to sleep or date younger women is because of opportunities....being in a school environment will help you alot because there are some women ( a small percentage) who go for significantly older guys. so being in a Uni will help you find that niche due to the numbers game! Also as a poster said, there is a lot of fame game going in school. The trick is to befriend the jocks or the cool guys...they will see you as an "older brother type" and then get on Facebook and start getting invited to the student parties and this will give you access to the poon.
another thing, some women will try to test you and challenge you on your age, as roissy says, just ignore it or agree and amplify. dont let the age thing sweat you, young women who dont mind sleeping with men that are 20y older than them do exist but you have to look and act your best.

dont forget to focus on your studies though a masters is tough!

Thanks to all for advice...appreciated.

I'm your age and if I was to go back to school now I'd dress like Don Draper from Mad Men. I'd be a little more accessable personality-wise than him, but not much. I wouldn't try to play the young jock game, it looks foolish. Anytime I see a guy older than 20 in an Affliction t-shirt and Ed Hardy jeans I laugh my ass off.

The kind of girl that will sleep with a guy your age at a University, will do so PRECISELY because your different from the dumb-ass, poor, fratboy douche bag she's used to getting pumped and dumped by. Give off an air of confidence, experience, personal power, interesting background and come accross as discrete in your dealings with women.

also...color your hair...your not Dr Jerry Buss old where you look stupid with brown hair and the body of george burns....

At least he is in a good shape. [Image: confused.gif]

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Quote: (07-29-2010 03:40 PM)Caramel Communist Wrote:  

also...color your hair...

Thanks for the suggestion re hair color, Caramel Communist, but i'm pleased to say that I'm more than happy with the way I am right now (in fact, if I were to compare myself with some guys in their twenties, i feel i've got good reason to be). As hinted at above, I already have enough success with good looking women in their twenties to know that I must be hitting the mark in most respects - how I dress, how i act around women, how I look and my body shape (which is far more defined than the photo above might suggest). I believe keeping my hair the way it is shows confidence and that's what I have (besides, although no George Clooney, I don't see him dyeing his hair - sorry, but I think a guy changing his hair color is just seriously uncool - only insecure guys do that and that ain't me by a long chalk).

What I don't have much experience of - and the main reason for posting - is walking into a lecture hall with a bunch of students mostly aged 18/23 and knowing just how not to come off as a 'try too hard'. Being an outsider, which is self evident by way of the age difference, means that I have to adjust the way I act in the new environment. It's not like a bar scene with mixed ages (which I feel at home in) but one which is almost exclusively very young. I try to see it as a sort of balancing act between not talking too much or too little.

Anyway, there's a few good nuggets of info that have been suggested above which is appreciated. Cheers

Quote: (07-28-2010 08:20 AM)adrian_D Wrote:  

I'm currently living in a West European city renown for its good looking women and laid back attitude.

I think a lot of posters missed this first statement you posted.

He is not going back to some big mid western university in the middle of nowhere. I doubt this place is going to be over run with frat boy jocks and sorority chicks.

I think European women as a whole are more open to dating older mature men. Just give off an intellectual, more wordly vibe and you should be fine. You appear to be overthinking this.

"sorry, but I think a guy changing his hair color is just seriously uncool "

think again, that's called grooming!