rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Halle Berry pregnant at age 46

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/04/20...-your-40s/

I predict this will be the future. Women getting pregnant in their mid-40s. They will spend their 20s on their education and casual sex. Their 30s working on their career and will use fertility doctors to pop out a kid just before menopause. And like Halle, most likely to a man they aren't even married to.

I posted on a related thread regarding middle-aged pregnancies.

Really I was just relaying an excellent quote from Information Processing, by a commenter describing how late pregnancies are a prudent gambit for but a minority of women:

Quote:Quote:

The simple solution is obviously to do things like not "frittering away my 20s with a man I didn't want to have children with, and for wasting more years in my 30s with a man who wasn't sure he even wanted children".

How does freezing eggs solve this problem?

The main problem isn't the eggs, the main problem is finding a man to raise them with.

40 something women aren't a catch for much greater reasons then their eggs.

If freezing your eggs gives women the feeling that it's no longer important to secure a man while young then it's definitely going to be a net negative for most women.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (05-11-2013 01:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I predict this will be the future. Women getting pregnant in their mid-40s. They will spend their 20s on their education and casual sex. Their 30s working on their career and will use fertility doctors to pop out a kid just before menopause. And like Halle, most likely to a man they aren't even married to.

It will be the future for rich, powerful women only.

I can guarantee you that this pregnancy took a tremendous effort on the part of some highly compensated fertility doctors. There is also a very good chance that the eggs used to get the pregnancy going weren't even hers. The article just confirms this:

What are my odds of getting pregnant at 46 naturally?

Not good, said Klein. "Natural pregnancies—when a woman is trying to get pregnant with her own egg—do occur in women in their mid 40s, but it would be nearly miraculous," he said. Even in women using the assistance of IVF (in vitro fertilization), there has never been a clearly documented case of a baby being born from an IVF pregnancy in a woman older than age 45 using her own eggs. Klein estimated that the chance of having a baby at age 46 without intervention is probably about 0.01 percent or less.

So to make this work, Halle Berry likely had to pay for several rounds of fertility treatment. She has probably been at that for years, and on top of that she probably had to purchase eggs as well.

This is doable for an A-List celebrity or any other woman with very deep pockets, a miniscule percentage of the female population. The vast majority of women (even those well compensated lawyers and doctors of the increasingly female populated upper-middle class) will never be able to do this reliably, and usually those few who can won't even be able to use their own eggs. This is to say nothing of failure rates (Halle Berry is just one success story-these types of operations don't always end in successful pregnancy).

This isn't indicative of any future trend-Halle Berry is just the exception to the rule, and even then she isn't very exceptional. No need to worry.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

old ladies = rolling the dice on autism

[Image: _59440004_bricks_spl304.jpg]

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Quote: (05-11-2013 01:37 AM)bacon Wrote:  

And Down's Syndrome.

An abomination.

[Image: attachment.jpg12011]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Don't worry, the hamster has invented studies showing that, "other than for young mothers, the paternal age also has a slight effect on the incidence of autism."

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (05-11-2013 04:22 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Don't worry, the hamster has invented studies showing that, "other than for young mothers, the paternal age also has a slight effect on the incidence of autism."

Right but the hamster forgets that most women breed with men 2-3 years older. So even if autism is caused by the age of the father, it's women's delaying childbirth and choosing these older men that's prompting the problem to begin with. If you're with a guy 2-3 years older, his age doesn't matter when you have a kid at 25. It does at 35, though.

The other option is that these fortysomething can have babies with men who are 18-21. Let's see if that takes off as a trend.

Let's put this into perspective and assume this kid isn't born fucked up or retarded. She'll be pushing close to 70 by the time the kid gets out of college. She'll be 60 when the kid enters high school.

And, Magic Johnson has been living for decades with AIDS while many other have died. Money walks, if you don't have it... you walk.

it won't be a future for just rich women, the envy and entitlement that drives women will ensure this type of program will become part of medicine offered by the government.

'To give equal opportunity to all women!'

Quote: (05-11-2013 01:35 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

I can guarantee you that this pregnancy took a tremendous effort on the part of some highly compensated fertility doctors. There is also a very good chance that the eggs used to get the pregnancy going weren't even hers. The article just confirms this:

What are my odds of getting pregnant at 46 naturally?

Not good, said Klein. "Natural pregnancies—when a woman is trying to get pregnant with her own egg—do occur in women in their mid 40s, but it would be nearly miraculous," he said. Even in women using the assistance of IVF (in vitro fertilization), there has never been a clearly documented case of a baby being born from an IVF pregnancy in a woman older than age 45 using her own eggs. Klein estimated that the chance of having a baby at age 46 without intervention is probably about 0.01 percent or less.

So to make this work, Halle Berry likely had to pay for several rounds of fertility treatment. She has probably been at that for years, and on top of that she probably had to purchase eggs as well.

This is doable for an A-List celebrity or any other woman with very deep pockets, a miniscule percentage of the female population. The vast majority of women (even those well compensated lawyers and doctors of the increasingly female populated upper-middle class) will never be able to do this reliably, and usually those few who can won't even be able to use their own eggs. This is to say nothing of failure rates (Halle Berry is just one success story-these types of operations don't always end in successful pregnancy).

This isn't indicative of any future trend-Halle Berry is just the exception to the rule, and even then she isn't very exceptional. No need to worry.

Jesus, what's the point then? Why have a kid then? You're not passing down your genetic legacy, you might as well blow your brains out.

Quote: (05-11-2013 06:15 AM)porscheguy Wrote:  

Let's put this into perspective and assume this kid isn't born fucked up or retarded. She'll be pushing close to 70 by the time the kid gets out of college. She'll be 60 when the kid enters high school.

Western civilization... why give a fuck at this point?

What's the chance of this being some kind of malformed tard baby?

Quote: (05-11-2013 08:35 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

According to Wiki

A woman's risk of having a baby with chromosomal abnormalities increases with her age. Down syndrome is the most common chromosomal birth defect, and a woman's risk of having a baby with Down syndrome is:
At age 25, 1 in 1,250
At age 30, 1 in 1,000
At age 35, 1 in 400
At age 40, 1 in 100
At age 45, 1 in 30
At age 49, 1 in 10

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

Jesus fucking Christ.

Quote: (05-11-2013 09:29 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

Jesus fucking Christ.

The West is the best
Get over here and we'll do the...

Jim Morrison must have had it good in his time.

My cousin, who's 40, and his wife just had their second kid this past week. He's in his early 40s, and I think the missus is 40. Their first is around 5 now. They did it naturally, but I know another couple that had to go the invitro route, because she had fibroids or something. They both worked like dogs (he's in banking, she was a real estate agent) to put away cash for the treatments. After a few rounds, they got their first daughter. After several more, they got twin daughters. I think they want to try for more. They started when they were in their early 30s. So no, invitro doesn't guarantee a child either. It's several thousand dollars per treatment, and there's no refund if it doesn't take. In older mothers, they'll try to find the most viable among her own eggs and try with those. But as stated in the above threads, doctors can't find too many documented cases of women that age conceived with their own eggs, which I didn't know. I always assumed they found the best eggs from the woman and tried with those. Also, the father, Olivier Martinez, is around Halle's age. It will be interesting to see who this kid looks like as she gets older. She's engaged to Olivier, and maybe just wanted to give him a kid, even if it doesn't share HER DNA.

The older mother trend really isn't new, and often it's women that age going solo with donor sperm and/or eggs. Those that can't conceive adopt, but in both cases it's women of means. You read almost every day about some celeb woman that adopted a foreign kid from somewhere. It's almost like an accessory, no different than a new handbag. Horseface Sarah Jessica Parker's twins were carried by a surrogate, which is the other way celeb broads have kids after 40. She had the first kid herself, but I'm wondering if those were her eggs...

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (05-11-2013 10:59 AM)Timoteo Wrote:  

My cousin, who's 40, and his wife just had their second kid this past week. He's in his early 40s, and I think the missus is 40. Their first is around 5 now. They did it naturally, but I know another couple that had to go the invitro route, because she had fibroids or something. They both worked like dogs (he's in banking, she was a real estate agent) to put away cash for the treatments. After a few rounds, they got their first daughter. After several more, they got twin daughters. I think they want to try for more. They started when they were in their early 30s. So no, invitro doesn't guarantee a child either. It's several thousand dollars per treatment, and there's no refund if it doesn't take. In older mothers, they'll try to find the most viable among her own eggs and try with those. But as stated in the above threads, doctors can't find too many documented cases of women that age conceived with their own eggs, which I didn't know. I always assumed they found the best eggs from the woman and tried with those. Also, the father, Olivier Martinez, is around Halle's age. It will be interesting to see who this kid looks like as she gets older. She's engaged to Olivier, and maybe just wanted to give him a kid, even if it doesn't share HER DNA.

The older mother trend really isn't new, and often it's women that age going solo with donor sperm and/or eggs. Those that can't conceive adopt, but in both cases it's women of means. You read almost every day about some celeb woman that adopted a foreign kid from somewhere. It's almost like an accessory, no different than a new handbag. Horseface Sarah Jessica Parker's twins were carried by a surrogate, which is the other way celeb broads have kids after 40. She had the first kid herself, but I'm wondering if those were her eggs...

See this shit will continue as long as there are betas like your lame cousin wifeing up old ass women.

That kid is going to be downsy as fuck.

I'd pay big on the child support to have my semen in Halle Berry. Jus' Sayin'. Genetic proof goes a long ways.

Quote: (05-11-2013 01:35 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

I can guarantee you that this pregnancy took a tremendous effort on the part of some highly compensated fertility doctors.

The first heart transplant also took a tremendous effort. The procedure is probably a lot easier today.

I know you've argued against this before, and as much as I want to agree with you, I just don't see how different kinds of fertility treatments will be just about the only medical treatments in history not to become cheaper and more available with time. Especially with impending breakthroughs in biology and genetic engineering.

Quote: (05-11-2013 09:18 AM)Sailor Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2013 08:35 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

According to Wiki

A woman's risk of having a baby with chromosomal abnormalities increases with her age. Down syndrome is the most common chromosomal birth defect, and a woman's risk of having a baby with Down syndrome is:
At age 25, 1 in 1,250
At age 30, 1 in 1,000
At age 35, 1 in 400
At age 40, 1 in 100
At age 45, 1 in 30
At age 49, 1 in 10

Arrogant women thinking they can trick nature at the expense of their children's health.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

So are we hating on ALL women on the forum now?

Quote: (05-11-2013 09:36 AM)brk9912 Wrote:  

Quote: (05-11-2013 09:29 AM)A War You Cannot Win Wrote:  

Jesus fucking Christ.

The West is the best
Get over here and we'll do the...

Jim Morrison must have had it good in his time.

I'm guessing he was referring to the Western United States. I don't know if he ever went to Asia.