rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Transiberian railway video series

I've posted links to this guy's videos before. He just started one where he is traveling across Russia by train. He seems like a cool dude and I like the way he produces them. I'll be following this:

Nice.

I read an article on that a while ago and am going to take that trip, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Quote: (05-09-2013 06:29 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Nice.

I read an article on that a while ago and am going to take that trip, hopefully sooner rather than later.
I like as well. There's something about Russian dudes I like, they're always partying and fucking around. I have a feeling I'd fit right in over there

Ok guys, here are the only highlights from the first video:

3:13 - Hot Redhead sitting by herself, opportunity missed by host due to lack of Russian knowledge/approach anxiety

5:34 - Cavemen game by a drunk Russian guy on cute blonde chick

Hopefully episode 2 will show more.

I would only do this if I had tons of time to travel, otherwise it seems kind of dreary. No way would I go to Russia just to take the train like this.

This VICE video might make you think otherwise...

The rest of the series this came from is pretty good too but off topic from the OP.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBA9D6F13DEBC3D9E

Quote: (05-09-2013 08:49 PM)Menace Wrote:  

I would only do this if I had tons of time to travel, otherwise it seems kind of dreary. No way would I go to Russia just to take the train like this.

I think with the right company and if you meet some interesting characters it could be a good experience.

I wouldn't do the whole journey at once though, 7 days I think it is?

I love Russia. Я очень хочу там путешествовать!

Episode 2 is up. My liver would never make it in Russia.

Thanks for posting episode 2. Can't wait for 3. They show some previews of episode 3. Nice (Borat Style).

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I like this so far, cheers for sharing.

I was just about to post episode 2. Did you guys see that hottie at 0:58? You really get the sense of everything guys on RVF have been saying about Russia. It looks like an absolute shithole. People getting wasted at 9am. The dudes hit every branch on the ugly tree. Yet that last snippet previewed some good-looking girls coming up in episode 3.

My fav line:

Peter: We're not allowed to drink in the car in America...

Russian guy: Why?

[Image: lol.gif]

Transiberian in a train? Sounds good, but not crazy enough for me yet.
My goal is to buy and prepare an Impreza STI and make it there and back. My goal is to have it ready for 2016.

PD: Russia is beautiful, shhh [Image: biggrin.gif] It's just a special kind of beauty.

Quote:Quote:

My fav line:

The guy looked genuinely puzzled about why you would not be allowed to drink beer in a car. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (05-16-2013 07:21 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

My fav line:

[Image: lol.gif]

To be fair any Brit ( and I expect any European ) would ask the same question. We can drink in our cars, even the driver can drink a can of beer whilst driving just as long as he stays under the limit.

This journey is one of my dreams, although I've been getting most of the required information from this railway-focused site:

http://www.seat61.com/

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (05-17-2013 11:15 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

To be fair any Brit ( and I expect any European ) would ask the same question. We can drink in our cars, even the driver can drink a can of beer whilst driving just as long as he stays under the limit.

Are you sure about that? You aren't even allowed to drive whilst using a mobile phone as it's considered you're not taking enough care and people have been fined for eating apples and drinking bottles of water whilst driving...so seems unlikely you'd be allowed to drink beer and drive.

I was under the impression it was illegal for anyone in a car to have an open bottle of alcohol in a car in the UK.

Fuck the drinking, those girls were ridiculous.

Quote: (05-18-2013 08:44 PM)ThailandRockstar Wrote:  

Are you sure about that? You aren't even allowed to drive whilst using a mobile phone as it's considered you're not taking enough care and people have been fined for eating apples and drinking bottles of water whilst driving...so seems unlikely you'd be allowed to drink beer and drive.

I was under the impression it was illegal for anyone in a car to have an open bottle of alcohol in a car in the UK.

Yes I'm pretty sure. You can't be arrested for drink driving if under the limit.

You are right to say that if a policeman thought you were not concentrating on the road then they could stop you but that is an entirely different point than the one about alcohol. You can have a handful of open bottles of whiskey next to you on the seat and as long as you are not over the limit there is nothing they can do.

I have never understood the American rule tbh. Surely if my passenger wants to slurp on a can of Stella whilst I drive responsibly then that is not a problem? So yeah I'm with the Russian dudes on this.

The only way to do this trip is with some good friends. I just did 40 hours from Moscow to Vorkuta and it was mind numbingly dull. No chicks on the train, shitty overpriced restaurant car, full of drunk Russian dudes brawling. Doing that for 7 days?! I think you would have to do multiple stop overs: Ekaterinburg-Novosibirsk-Krasnoyarsk-Irkutsk-Chita-Khabarovsk and then on to Vladivostok. That would be an awesome trip if done like that but the straight 7 days, not for me.

Quote: (05-19-2013 12:50 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

The only way to do this trip is with some good friends. I just did 40 hours from Moscow to Vorkuta and it was mind numbingly dull. No chicks on the train, shitty overpriced restaurant car, full of drunk Russian dudes brawling. Doing that for 7 days?! I think you would have to do multiple stop overs: Ekaterinburg-Novosibirsk-Krasnoyarsk-Irkutsk-Chita-Khabarovsk and then on to Vladivostok. That would be an awesome trip if done like that but the straight 7 days, not for me.

What is the actual Vorkuta town like to visit?

Cold and full of rough types. I liked Vorgashor more which is a gulag town a half hour out on the tundra.

Quote: (05-19-2013 03:30 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Cold and full of rough types. I liked Vorgashor more which is a gulag town a half hour out on the tundra.

Must have been quite an experience to game, and explore places like those! Different world, so removed from the russians i meet, who are pulling their iphones out every 5 secs, and espousing westernized outlook..

Till recently in AUS where allowed to drink IN YOUR OWN car, [a drink is called a roadie] but alas the FUCKING FUN POLICE put a end to it [Image: huh.gif]

LONG LIVE RUSSIA!![Image: banana.gif]

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

I hitched up the east coast of Aus a few years back and it seemed like nearly everyone who picked me up was drinking beer as they drove. Didn't realise it was legal thought that the sort of people who stopped to pick up hitchikers were the crazy sorts who didn't give a shit.

It's definitely a good thing it's not allowed anymore.