rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RIP Phil Collins, I hope they serve cheeseburgers in heaven

Stop panicking Genesis fans, your boy didn't die, it was the other world famous Phil Collins, AKA "Philadelphia Phil", AKA "The Mustard Tiger", of the Trailer Park Boys.

[img][Image: 2vsn8g3.jpg][/img]

According to the Huffington Post, "Canadian actor Richard Collins, who played cheeseburger-loving Philadelphia "Phil" Collins on the popular television series "Trailer Park Boys," has died. News of Collins' death first broke on social news site Reddit on April 15. His passing has been confirmed by "Trailer Park Boys" creator Mike Clattenburg, who expressed his condolences and requested privacy for Collins' family via Twitter.

For a better understanding of Phil Collin's role that made him famous, you can find a detailed description on Trailer Park Wiki, from the site, "In some of the early episodes of the show, Phil was positioned as a huge cock gobbling onlooker of events that were taking place in the foreground, but eventually his role became more involved. Phil's first major appearance was as the hotel manager from whom the boys were stealing furniture. The events mainly centered around the size of Phil's gut and the fact that people couldn't stop looking at it, even though they were in the middle of a heist and trying to hide it. ("Rub N Tiz'zug") Later, Phil appeared to get a job as a taxi driver. ("Give Peace A Chance") On one occasion he found himself him in the position of human shield when Ricky used him as a barricade against Sam Losco's gun wielding. ("Gimme My Fuckin' Money Or Randy's Dead")

At the beginning of Season 7, Phil has a solo operation selling mackerel and blueberries in the parking lot of a local plaza. ("I Fuckin' Miss Cory And Trevor") Phil then moved his camper into Sunnyvale with his son, which turns out to be Jacob (who had previously appeared in the show many times, although no prior familial connection to Phil was made). ("I Banged Lucy And Knocked Her Up... No Big Deal") Shortly thereafter, he partnered up with Randy to transform the camper into the Dirty Burger and open it for business. ("The Mustard Tiger")

Phil also has one other son, Thomas, who showed up at the park when Jacob went missing/went to work for Julian during the Swayzie Express operation. ("The Mustard Tiger")

With all of these sons, there is no mention of a wife for Phil.

The first thing you notice about Phil is his large belly. We are then soon introduced to his ability to belch with some measure of forcefulness and length. This seems to be one of his trademarks, as he does it several times in the show's run. Those around him complain that his belches smell like mackerel and that particles of food tend to expel from him while belching. ("Jim Lahey Is A Fuckin' Drunk And He Always Will Be", "Three Good Men Are Dead")

Phil is basically seen to be a good man, who is opposed to drugs -- he constantly berates Randy for being high ("We Can't Call People Without Wings Angels So We Call Them Friends") -- and who says his boys (and his burgers) are all he has.

It's clear that he feels a kinship with Randy due to their mutual love of burgers. ("Jump The Cheeseburger") However, he's not opposed to a little physical confrontation or swearing as much as anyone else in the park ("The Mustard Tiger"). However, he doesn't involve himself in any of the criminal activity that is going on around him, and instead just goes about his business.

The character's name is a source of humour itself, as it's the same as the popular singer when shortened to Phil. Sam Losco calls him both 'Sussudio' and 'Easy Lover' (two Phil Collins hits) while holding him hostage for rent money on the camper. ("Jump The Cheeseburger") Similarly, his son Thomas, when shortened to Tom Collins, is the same name as a popular mixed drink made from carbonated water, sugar, lemon juice and gin, made famous in the late 1800s.
"

Rest in Peace big fella.

Fuck. I've got to admit that I thought Phil Collins, as in Genesis, was dead for a second there. That would have ruined my day.

I don't know whether this confession should go in the "Was this Beta?" thread.

^ Yes i was about to cry

Stupid thread.

As lame as it is, I was freaked out for a second

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

BBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

GREEN EGGS AND HAAAAAAMMMMMMM!!!!

RIP mustard tiger

Oh wow, this was embarrassing to stumble on. I think a few forum members may have unintentionally came out of the closet. Well, then, I'll just off this thread slowly and pretend I didn't see anything. Usually better that way. [Image: confused.gif]

Well damn... [Image: sad.gif]

RIP man, thanks for all the laughs.

So I wake up this morning to your awesome Mystery thread and it's shut down before I can comment..I bet Soup and Westcoast hit the report button 100 times.

Anyway if you're a little bored in the Phils why don't you go find that dude with the same name as me??? Take an A/C cab and give him 100 dollars. I'll pay for your cab drinks and meals for the day and the 100 bucks western union today!!!

Quote: (04-18-2013 08:52 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

So I wake up this morning to your awesome Mystery thread and it's shut down before I can comment..I bet Soup and Westcoast hit the report button 100 times.

Anyway if you're a little bored in the Phils why don't you go find that dude with the same name as me??? Take an A/C cab and give him 100 dollars. I'll pay for your cab drinks and meals for the day and the 100 bucks western union today!!!

Fuck I forgot all about him, send me his facebook info and I will track him down!