rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lengths of posts

Lengths of posts

Hi,

Firstly, I am new to this forum. That said, I've noticed some posts go on for pages—most folks simply don't have enough time to read a page long document to extract something useful form it. I feel like a there should be a cap on the size of an individual post, even if that means ruining the prose of the post. If you want to write something lengthy, use a blog.

Lengths of posts

[Image: troll.gif]

Lengths of posts

[Image: Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif]

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Lengths of posts

Reading is hard. Books are long.

Lengths of posts

Way to introduce yourself. You are new and already trying to criticize in depth posts? There is a lot of good info on a lot of these long posts. To write up an in depth data sheet can be a rigorous task. And if someone is willing to spend an hour or two writing it, you better believe we who are interested in this region are going to take 5-10 minutes to read it.

[Image: troll.gif]

Lengths of posts

Ya lets also limit words to 6 letters or less. Big words can be hard to read and I dont have time for that either.

Maybe just use pictures instead?

Lengths of posts

[Image: K6bkCfW.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Lengths of posts

Dear Mr. Melville,

I was intrigued by the first page of your novel and I would like to follow the further adventures of Ishmael.

However, the book is heavy and takes up space. I think it may take me several years to finish reading it. By then I'll have forgotten all the like stuff at the beginning.

Can you send me a short (less than 2 page) summary?

Thanks,
Non-Reader

Lengths of posts

8 minutes later BANNED.

Girls should be an ornament to the eye, not an ache in the ear.

Lengths of posts

You are getting tons of free value and you want less?

You do realize that you are not obligated to read anything do you? If its too long for you to get anything out of it, dont read it.

Lengths of posts

Even worse ....people who quote long posts for a one-liner reply [Image: dodgy.gif]

Team Nachos

Lengths of posts

Download summly. It's an app that summarizes articles into 400 words. Yahoo just paid the kid millions for it. Must have a good algorithm, right?

Lengths of posts

reading long ass posts is as big of a hassle as signing checks
both require a little investment and tend to pay off

Lengths of posts

Banner got banned. Who knew?

Lengths of posts

god what a douche

Lengths of posts

I'm thrilled to see that the moderation here is serious. I used to post at MABTW, but the trolls more or less killed the forum.

A low tolerance for stupidity is a good thing in my books.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Lengths of posts

Quote: (03-26-2013 06:12 PM)brucebanner Wrote:  

Hi,

Firstly, I am new to this forum. That said, I've noticed some posts go on for pages—most folks simply don't have enough time to read a page long document to extract something useful form it. I feel like a there should be a cap on the size of an individual post, even if that means ruining the prose of the post. If you want to write something lengthy, use a blog.

tl;dr

This must be the "I don't have time to read for info" Troll?

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.