rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Text game advice, what should I do next

Here is a transcript from a local hottie I met. Got her number Saturday after a few decent interactions with her. I realize she is keeping her options open, and no matter what I say, she will probably flake out, but I just wanted to throw this out there for some advice.

___
Me:Hello pretty Austrian girl, this is **** from Saturday. How are u?

Her: Im fine [Image: smile.gif] and you??

Me: Good good...just doing some ironing...fun [Image: wink.gif] Do u want to hang out later this week?

Her: Hahahaha ok [Image: smile.gif] and when??

Me: Im pretty busy all week,,but how about Friday around 8pm?

Her: Ok yeah I look that I have time for you..But I cant promise you..

Me: Ok, no worries, I'll write you on Thursday to see if you have the time [Image: wink.gif]

Her: Ok perfect [Image: smile.gif]
_________

So I kind of realize whats going on. Chances are high this will go nowhere.....so my question is do I:

a. go ahead with the plan, text her on Thursday?
b. don't text on Thursday, and hit her up again on Sunday night?
c. wait two weeks, hit her up again

NEXT.

I used to do it with my mates too who would say "I can do Saturday but I don't know, I may be doing something with [girlfriend]" so I would fuck them off.

Nothing in this world pisses me off more than agreeing a day with someone who has it free and them saying "I'm not sure what I'm doing" when they're holding out for a better deal from someone else.

Stop using smilies.

Look at the length of your texts versus hers!

Quote:Quote:

If I got a reply like this I'd be inclined to IOD her in some way, i.e. a subtle punishment her for lack of willingness to invest.

a) a curt reply after 1d "Friday 8pm?"
b) call her the next day to see what's up
c) ditch the plans and call her next week, showing that you see no reason to chase her if she can't give a yes/no answer.

Me: Ok, no worries, I'll write you on Thursday to see if you have the time [Image: wink.gif]

In this reply you're essentially letting her know that it's OK for her to behave like she did.

"if you have the time" Meet on your terms, not hers.

I would think she'd forget you by Friday. I would have pushed for something on Tuesday or Wednesday since you didn't kiss her or do anything. I also wouldn't set myself up to confirm anything a day before. Just set it up and stick with it. If she wants to drop out after agreeing, she might let you know.

Quote: (03-26-2013 06:02 AM)klosck Wrote:  

Here is a transcript from a local hottie I met. Got her number Saturday after a few decent interactions with her. I realize she is keeping her options open, and no matter what I say, she will probably flake out, but I just wanted to throw this out there for some advice.

___
Me:Hello pretty Austrian girl, this is **** from Saturday. How are u?

*Better: Hey (whatever her name is) this is Klosk from Sat, save my number with care. What trouble are you getting into today?

Always subcommunicate confidence and authority.

Her: Im fine [Image: smile.gif] and you??
*She probably would have lol'd or told you what she was doing.

Me: Good good...just doing some ironing...fun [Image: wink.gif] Do u want to hang out later this week?

*Better: Having game night with some friends over at the house, anyways lets get together this week, but only on one condition.

Tell her you're hanging out, never ask to hangout.

Her: Hahahaha ok [Image: smile.gif] and when??
*Her: hahahaha ok Smilewhen and what's the condition?

Me: Im pretty busy all week,,but how about Friday around 8pm?

*Don't tell her you're busy, sub communicate it through your texts
*You: The condition is that you promise that you're a fun, outgoing, spontaneous person. What's a good day for you Wed or Friday?

By using that kind of line you can make her more fun, outgoing etc.. And by giving her 2 days, it forces her to choose one which probably would be Friday depending on her options.

She probably wouldn't have said this shit had you been more interesting and a little cocky/funny. But if she did say that anyways ignore it. She's running reverse game on you which worked, because you said (Your next line)

To see if she has time? You lost, forget it. What you can still do to gain some type of upper hand or a little bit of your dignity is to text her the following now "Hey we can't get together Friday, let's reschedule" and DELETE her number.

Her: Ok perfect [Image: smile.gif]
_________

So I kind of realize whats going on. Chances are high this will go nowhere.....so my question is do I:

a. go ahead with the plan, text her on Thursday?
b. don't text on Thursday, and hit her up again on Sunday night?
c. wait two weeks, hit her up again

Text her on Th, but with something more fun (see post above mine).

Usually I'm a more positive guy on this forum.

Straight to newbie forum

With that said I'll still help.

1. You should have typos in your messages
2. You should lock her up by makin her day when she's free something ambiguous like "Yeah weshld meet up some time ths wk"
3. Second the length of text issue, you're more invested in her than she is
4. Also agree no smiley faces (these are okay post sex after she uses them, 3:1 ratio is good)

Now in terms of a restart text, I would send a photo of a cool place you've been, NYC/Paris whatever, randomly make it seem like you were just there since you've lost a lot of sexual attraction with the texts already. Most likely dead but your Hail Mary is simply the high level experience you have.

TBH have made the mistakes you've made before, the Hail Mary worked maybe 2-3 times in my life.

A couple of observations...

8PM is too early for a Friday. She may indeed hang out with you, but since this is at 8 she will ditch you by 11 and still have her fun. If you're dating on the weekends, push it as late as possible.

Second, you're telling the girl what your next move will be throughout the text. No reason to tell her when or even if you'll confirm with her. It comes off as very...weak, for lack of a better way to put it.

Call her, or dick pic her if you actually want to go out with this girl.

"Text game advice, what should I do next"

Pick up the phone and call.

Here is a transcript from a local hottie I met. Got her number Saturday after a few decent interactions with her.

Let me take a wild guess: you met her on the internet right?

Never say this again for the rest of your life.

Slapp yourself 50 times in the face as hard as you can.

Come back and thank me in 6 months.
---

And no more smiley faces for God's sake.

Quote: (03-26-2013 08:47 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Usually I'm a more positive guy on this forum.

Straight to newbie forum

I think by default, any guy asking for text message advice should be immediately shot over to the newbie forum.

Is this serious or a joke?

Basically everything you said was off.

- pretty girl (complimenting her and not teasing or playing aloof like you should have)
- you were ironing (domesticated male, are we? yes everyone has to do it but don't talk about cleaning, ironing, etc.)
- saying you're busy (giving her prime time, Friday at 8)
- no worries and you'll see if she has time (never say "no worries", it shows a passive, accepting tendency on your part, and it was game set match when you said you'd wait to see if she had time)

Agree that Hail Mary after days of radio silence is the only hope now.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Austrian girl where? On Miami beach or some small town in Europe. When you guys need help you're going to have to give a backstory, did you meet her online? Cold approach at 4am drunk?

First you get her to say she wants to hang out. Then you ask her what her schedule is like.

You: What's up Miss Australia? this is **** from Saturday. How are u?
Her: Im fine and you??
You: I'm good babe. Just finished working out. Bout to cook dinner.
Her: (Some mindless girly reply)
You(5 minutes later): What's your schedule like this week? I'd like to see you.

You're forcing her to commit to a day that she's free.

Set the date and stop texting. Hit her up the day of to confirm. If she cancels
without offer to reschedule ....she's done. Next her.

This is her trap below... She gets you to pick a day just so she can shoot you down. She would have gave the same answer no matter which day you said. She wants you to chase her. ...aka Attention Whore.

Me: Good good...just doing some ironing...fun Do u want to hang out later this week?

Her: Hahahaha ok and when??

Team Nachos

Yeah was a serious comment, also TBH I rarely text now, if they can't talk on the phone they are usually too into their Facebook and twitter accounts editing photos on instaSham and pin-teresting the tail on the donkey

Text = girl is under 21 and extremely shy.

It's inefficient at times, but sometimes you do need to text, ESP if I also don't have time to talk during meetings/presentations etc. not about to start spitting game to some bar slut in front of a client going to a meeting.

Parlay is also spot on the sequence of the set up was incorrect. I will usually do the reverse and get them to soft commit fast.

If you met her online = get off the Internet and meet people in real life, your bank account and health will benefit from it unless you're seriously churning 100hr weeks.

I know Roosh wrote it in his text messaging guide but I think that's a load of shite, to be honest. If you're purposefully putting typos into your text messages you're thinking way too much about something that doesn't matter at all.

Type a text message out with proper grammar as if you're writing on the forum. Most girls actually prefer a guy to be able to type.

Quote: (03-26-2013 09:31 AM)MattC Wrote:  

I know Roosh wrote it in his text messaging guide but I think that's a load of shite, to be honest. If you're purposefully putting typos into your text messages you're thinking way too much about something that doesn't matter at all.

Type a text message out with proper grammar as if you're writing on the forum. Most girls actually prefer a guy to be able to type.

I will clarify, depends on her age and her perception of your age.

If I picked her up suited up = perfect grammar with periods.

If I met her at a cabo atmosphere I will just rapidly type and let the natural typos go through.

That's my experience, if she thinks you're 40 and mature yeah not gonna fly, stay congruent.

As a note I have not read his text guide, read day bang and used that as a guide to switch to direct game.

Quote: (03-26-2013 09:33 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Quote: (03-26-2013 09:31 AM)MattC Wrote:  

I will clarify, depends on her age and her perception of your age.

If I picked her up suited up = perfect grammar with periods.

If I met her at a cabo atmosphere I will just rapidly type and let the natural typos go through.

That's my experience, if she thinks you're 40 and mature yeah not gonna fly, stay congruent.

That's the one. If guys are purposefully reviewing their texts and putting in typos then I don't know what to say. That's a bit textbook. [Image: lol.gif]

^^ people misinterpret congruency. If you wear a hoodie and wife beater and look 8 years old (myself) you can get away with "d-bag game" and just be loud and boisterous. Of you are in a suit wih salt and pepper that shit isn't going to work you're going to look like a immature old man.

read day bang and used that as a guide to switch to direct game.

do you mean that indirect just didnt suit you?

Quote: (03-26-2013 09:37 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

^^ people misinterpret congruency. If you wear a hoodie and wife beater and look 8 years old (myself) you can get away with "d-bag game" and just be loud and boisterous. Of you are in a suit wih salt and pepper that shit isn't going to work you're going to look like a immature old man.

Can't argue with that. Case in point, however, is that the OP is not texting the girl well at all and if he's going to be a "beta" about it in the way he comes across as he was in that exchange, using shitty grammar is only going to make it harder for him.

"Hey pretty Austrian girl....how are u?"

Doesn't build a strong case for himself in that text, in my opinion. If you've got character then it needs to show through your text messages, and as you say, stay congruent.

So if you're dressed like you describe with the hoody and wife beater you can get away with saying something like "yo its [ ] how u doin?" whereas a "normal" every day guy wouldn't be able to say "hi its [ ] how u doin?" because he doesn't come across as the type to have that character. He probably just looks like the stupid kid in school.

Me, I dress well if I go out in the night in a blazer or shirt, and I dress pretty standard/preppy if I go out in the day. I get a bit of character in my texts - "how you doing missy?" but use proper grammar as it's my persona, with some light hearted words like "missy" and "silly girl".

Using proper grammar to say a command always helps you too. What do you subconsciously think straight away when you see the two examples:

hey lets go out on thursday

Hey, let's go out on Thursday.

The second one commands more respect, in my opinion. It gives you frame control too because when you're using correct grammar, you're putting yourself in a position subconsciously of higher power.

Try it out for yourself, and you'll see the difference in responses from the two. Guarantee the second will get you a better response.

That said, depends on the persona you show. I don't think the OP has the persona to get away with the exchange above.

^^ agree we're on the same page I believe.

@genjx yeah I don't ramble

Thanks for all the advice guys. This is all some solid advice..

A little about me, I've been studying game off and on for awhile now. I don't really consider myself a newbie (although perhaps my skill level is close). I have been consistently nailing mediocre girls, (high 6's maybe). I'm starting to realize that while this was all great for the ego, it didn't really improve my skills because it didn't matter what I did with these girls. They were into me regardless of what I did. I guess my poor text game is a result of this. Haha..

Anyway, so recently I've decided to up my standards and go only for 7's+ (such as this Austrian girl). I realize now , that its a whole different ball game. It feels like I'm starting all over again...[/align]

Anyway, this is all great. For this situation, Most likely I'll blow it off Friday, try a restart after a week, and see what happens. I'll post the results of what happiness. I've probably already lost it, but we'll see. I've learned a lot from this.

ps, Lord Dobes, thats some good stuff. I will try some of it out for the next one

Quote: (03-26-2013 09:51 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

^^ agree we're on the same page I believe.

@genjx yeah I don't ramble

Yep, I'd say so.

Quote: (03-26-2013 09:18 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Pick up the phone and call.

I realize that calling is more alpha, however I've had girls not answer their phone only to text me in response. These days, girls just don't seem comfortable with real phone calls from guys they don't know. G, I know you are more old school and your game is tighter, so maybe all girls answer your calls. But surely in this day and age, you have to acknowledge that having solid text game is important?

Let me take a wild guess: you met her on the internet right?

Nope...at a club.

Never say this again for the rest of your life.

Slapp yourself 50 times in the face as hard as you can.

Done. ..and I'll never use a smiley face again!!

Quote: (03-26-2013 09:19 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Austrian girl where? On Miami beach or some small town in Europe. When you guys need help you're going to have to give a backstory, did you meet her online? Cold approach at 4am drunk?

I live in a small resort town on the border of Austria and Germany...so there are quite a few Austrian girls that come into town and party actually.

I approached first her around midnight and ran into her several times again throughout the night. Had some good interactions with her each time..but she was constantly on the move with her friends... The last time I ran into her, I number closed her as she was leaving. I know it wasn't a strong number close...but they all can't be. I'm sure lots of us have worked ourselves up to getting laid after a weak number close...