rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Some help on not creeping the girl out and pick up lines

Hey everyone names Vin people call me Swift(y). I am just looking for some help on not creeping the girl out, some how I keep creeping them out I don't know what I am doing wrong. I assumed it is because i don't have any pick up lines and i don't know how to talk to girls i don't know at parties since i am basically what Roosh Valizadehhas mentioned in his beginning years before his party years in "Bang" but anyway aside from that anyone have any tips i can use for future parties? It'd help a lot.

-Vin (Swifty)

How about going situational?

If you are at a house party ask her about how she knows the host, music that's blasting or the general vibe of the place.

Chances are if you're being viewed as creepy you're not well dressed or groomed, your body language and self-confidence is terrible and you make moves too suddenly. I know that when I was viewed as 'creepy' (or some variation, creepy really means just one thing but chicks fail at using adjectives) that these were my problems.

Talk to girls for a few minutes, make them laugh a little, have fun, socialize with everyone and not just the girls. At parties definitely ask them who they're with or who they know (chicks love talking about people they know).

Tips? Since you're here, you might want to start by reading every post Roosh has ever written.

It seems to me that girls are throwing around the term "creepy" very liberally these days.

Girls throw around adjectives without any thinking anyways. Never listen to what they say, 90% of the time they dont even know what they are saying, and they are just trying to fill in the gaps. Unless a chick is like an english major, ive found that they speak in body language and actions, not verbally. They just dont think fast enough to express how they are feeling, and with american chicks, they dont want to.

Creepy as i see it would be guys who look off to a chick. Girls love to judge others, and often times is the most tiny of things that put them off. I was once told by a chick that my eyes were too pretty? Wtf is that kinda crap. Guys who act creep cant build rapport in the first 5 min of conversation before steping up the game.

Yeah, Ive heard guys use the term "creepy" to describe other guys more than I've heard girls use it. I think they do it as a way to improve their own position with the girl, through denigrating other guys. A pretty weak form of game.

But it also can be effective because most girls rarely ever want to be seen as being associated with the socially 'weird' guy. I think that girls will often then pick up the term and use it, once they hear other social leaders (guys) use it.

Just don't pay attention to it. Most girls won't think in those terms, as long as your not demonstrating overt but passive sexual behavior to girls in their group. If your going to give them a sexual vibe, just do it in an upfront way, and you should be able to avoid the creepy label.

Actions defined under creepy could be : going through her underwear drawer when your at her house for a social gathering, getting caught gawking at her lady bits when your not otherwise gaming her actively, sending obvious signals that you like her without following through with competent conversation (game), and pretty much anything else that includes sending a sexual signal without any real follow-up.

Oh, and pickup lines are a bit of a misnomer. Its hard to pickup girls just using lines. You can get her attention, maybe, but then you've got to have some game to back it up. Without knowing anything about you, just giving you 'lines' would be worthless... Also, there are different ways to approach a girls depending on where you are and if you know already her or not. Every situation is different...

I stopped using the term "pick-up line" and started using "attention grabber". The latter puts me in the state of mind to start a conversation instead of putting psychological pressure to "pick her up".

So, next time you see a girl you like, think of an "attention grabber/starter" and NEVER say I need a pick-up line. Your state of mind will relax, and it will yield positive results, like "not being creepy".

Mixx

The easiest way to stop being the "creepy guy" at a party is to smile. Smile when you get a beer. Smile after you do a shot. Smile when you really need to go to the bathroom and the line is taking forever because some bitch is inside re-doing her tacky makeup. In other words, even if you haven't developed the confidence to talk to hot girls yet it's important to first learn how to feel comfortable just hanging out around chicks and having a good time at a party.

Quote: (06-10-2010 03:27 PM)Johnny Dakota Wrote:  

The easiest way to stop being the "creepy guy" at a party is to smile. Smile when you get a beer. Smile after you do a shot. Smile when you really need to go to the bathroom and the line is taking forever because some bitch is inside re-doing her tacky makeup.

Great advice.

Sometimes all you gotta do is SMILE.

I'm gonna start calling this kind of thing "Organic Game". No additives or preservatives, just pure and natural.

The 'creepy' vibe comes from appearing too invested too soon. I've been there and I believe the fix lies in correcting one's body language during early interaction.

Next time you walk up to a chick, remind yourself to 'slow-down' and lean back a little. Face her at an angle if needed. Right now, this is just another indirect approach. When she responds, listen well, but appear a bit 'distracted.' This lets you read the situation' yet appear aloof. Then smile and follow-up.

When it 'feels' that she's happy to continue the interaction, turn more towards her. Start with less, increase gradually. And don't let anyone's Reckless words affect you. The 'experience' of several interactions over time makes us calm and inviting.

As always, folks with more experience - feel free to correct me where necessary.

Swifty, what you need is not some help but a thorough knowledge of game theory (I think it is especially useful for people who are socially awkward) and a lots of practice. There is no quick fix. Download mystery method and read it, then read it again, read what roosh has written (especially Bang), read roissy then read Bang again. As for practice, doing your first cold approaches with people in or connected to your social circle is going to be hard (I didn't do it and I don't regret it). I don't know what your situation is but a gap year of backpacking and some voluntary work with girls (lots of them) might do you some good, do fuck ugly ones too if you get a chance. If you creep people out at parties I assume your not the coolest guy in your social circle, there is no reason to accept that status quo. Leave. The great thing with leaving (if not geographically then at least in terms of who you hang out with) is that you become free to fake it till you make it, wich is hard if people know you and faster than turning in to the kind of guy girls will want more the more they learn about. It's five in the morning here and I'm rambling ... my point is, there is no quick fix. Read the game analyze what made the change of Neill Strauss possible. Emulate it. Don't give up. Good luck.