rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Percentage of income spent on rent Uk?

Evenin' Gents,

I am about to move house and in order to not live in a hovel I will have to spend about 40% of my income in rent. It's still 35% to live in said hovel.

Not ideal but that's the way it is.

After paying alI bills will have about 26% for clothes, non essentials etc.

Just wondering what the rest of the uk members are paying?

Less than 20% I.e £500

Decent place in Oxforshire.

Keep overheads low [Image: wink.gif]

I have a room I usually rent when I am living there for 400gbp a month, London is expensive to live otherwise.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

JBL you are making twice as much as me.

I need to start man hoein'.

im renting a room for £400 a month, plus around £150 other costs associated with being here.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

£550 a month for me..... it is about 15% of net income.

I'd expect to pay around ~£800+ for your own place in London, or ~£1300+ for something central.

Expect to pay no less than £1000pcm for your own place for a one bed in a non ghetto area of london

yes.....I am in a "cheaper" part of the country!

As an example: In NYC rental agents take your annual pre-tax income and divide it by 40-60 to determine the maximum rent you can afford. Seems like a good idea to try to stay within these parameters even if a landlord will let it slide. This is in a market were people typically don't own a car so if you own a car you may want to deduct the fixed annual costs of ownership before doing the calculation. Variable costs like fuel will likely come out as similar to what someone without a car would pay for cabs and transport pass so can be ignored.

I live with 2 house mates in a 4 bedroom house and only spend £150 a month on rent with money to spare on essentials such as whiskey.