rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Iquitos, Peru?

Iquitos, Peru?

Does anyone have any data on this place? It seems very very off the beaten path. A search on the forum yielded next to nothing.

It's quoted as being the most isolated "city" in the Western world, as there are no roads leading to it. It's a city full of motorcycles and is known for a unique culinary culture, as well as an entry point to the Peruvian Amazon.

After a month in Rio this summer I'm looking to drop off the face of the planet for the second half of my South America excursion. Some info, any info would be very valuable to helping me plan this.

Iquitos, Peru?

Quote: (03-05-2013 08:03 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Does anyone have any data on this place? It seems very very off the beaten path. A search on the forum yielded next to nothing.

It's quoted as being the most isolated "city" in the Western world, as there are no roads leading to it. It's a city full of motorcycles and is known for a unique culinary culture, as well as an entry point to the Peruvian Amazon.

After a month in Rio this summer I'm looking to drop off the face of the planet for the second half of my South America excursion. Some info, any info would be very valuable to helping me plan this.

Yeah it is only accesible by boat. As for girls I can't comment as I've never been there. Probably a "selvatic" look. You will probably dislike it unless you like the indigenous look. What may change this is that Peruvian Jungle cities had some moderate german immigration in the early 20th century.

But if we talk tourism iquitos it's the motherfucking gateway to the Peruvian Amazon (and also a scam central). Be prepared to do a lot of shit you've never thought of doing like eating some kind of selvatic giant worms (suri), doing ayahuasca, getting into week long trips on boats roaming the Amazon while drinking beer all day (an activity rural peruvian men excel), etc.

Iquitos, Peru?

According to Wikipedia it's the largest city in the world inaccessible by car.

Poosy paradise? I'd never heard of this city of 500,000 until an hour ago.

Iquitos, Peru?

When I was in Peru my tour guide on the trek to Machu Picchu was from there. We really bonded and he hadn't been there in like 11 years. He was planning on returning for a couple months and spending like a month in the Amazon out there with nothing but a machete and lantern. He invited me to tag along and I seriously considered it. He was going to teach me how to live off the land. This guy was Maguyver when it came to the outdoors. The shit he was doing on our trek was insane. He was climbing trees like an animal, pointing out plants, giving me some to get high, and showed me how to eat termites. It was wild.

I decided not to go though because I was more interested in checking out other South American countries like Argentina. Had I made the decision to go Iquitos I probably wouldn't have had the time to see the places I ended up seeing because I would have backtracked too much.

Apparently, it's a unique city that's accessible by plane or boat. Largest city in the world with no roads.

Iquitos, Peru?

floating villages !!!

[Image: keanu-mind-blown.jpg]

Iquitos, Peru?

Are you set to go to Peru no matter what?

I've been recently to the Amazon, to Belém do Pará, and the locals warmly recommended going to Santarém.

The city is also not reachable by roads. Plus it has tens of kilometers of great river beaches surrounded by nearby forest. A UK newspaper, The Guardian, reported that the beaches of Santarém (Alter do Chão) were the best of Brazil. The season goes from august to january (low tides that reveal the white sands).

I'm not acquainted with Iquitos, nor Santarém for that matter. But my traveller's guess is that Alter do Chão-Santarém might be more lively and have somewhat prettier women.

Santarém is also located in the "heart" of the jungle (800km away from the Amazon river delta, further inland), but the difference is it might allow you to go wild in various different ways, so to speak.

I don't know your plans, but this is perhaps and idea worth researching.

Iquitos, Peru?

Quote: (03-06-2013 05:52 PM)Locksmith Wrote:  

Are you set to go to Peru no matter what?

I've been recently to the Amazon, to Belém do Pará, and the locals warmly recommended going to Santarém.

The city is also not reachable by roads. Plus it has tens of kilometers of great river beaches surrounded by nearby forest. A UK newspaper, The Guardian, pointed the beaches of Santarém (Alter do Chão) as the best of Brazil. The season goes from august to january (low tides that reveal the white sands).

I'm not acquainted with Iquitos, nor Santarém for that matter. But my traveller's guess is that Alter do Chão-Santarém might be more lively and have somewhat prettier women.

Santarém is also located in the "heart" of the jungle (800km away from the Amazon river delta, further inland), but the difference is it might allow you to go wild in various different ways, so to speak.

I don't know your plans, but this is perhaps and idea worth researching.

Yeah, Peru is locked in with tickets already booked. I've got strong connections in Peru so there is a reason beyond Macchu Picchu and Iquitos to go there.

Thanks for the info. I've never heard of that place either.

Iquitos, Peru?

Yes, here's a place I've been. I passed through there very briefly two years ago, while on the way to a week-long jungle retreat. The jungle retreat was nice, but there weren't any girls. I visited a few extremely tiny villages along a tributary river, and the young women there were very shy.

Iquitos seemed to be a different story. I was travelling with a tour group of Americans, so we arrived into the airport at night (the airport is on the very edge of the city). Then we took a motorcycle taxi (these taxis make the city seem like Thailand) to our hotel along the river. A very beautiful Peruvian girl was working at the hotel restaurant, but that's to be expected at a nice hotel. In general, most of the women weren't the best-looking (face-wise), but I did get a chance to talk to a few of them the next morning, and they were extremely easy to talk to.

A bit about me: White, brown hair, bluish-green eyes. I get complimented by women on my eyes EVERYtime I visit Latin America. So, I do get a lot of mileage in Latin America because of my physical features.

Our group had a couple hours to kill before getting on the boat for our jungle retreat, so we went to the nearby open-air market with armadillo butts covered in flies and that sort of thing. The whole time walking through the market the Peruvian female guide I was with kept pointing out the fact that ALL the local women were looking at me. It was actually quite unnerving, because I had never experienced anything like that before, and the guides also kept saying how seedy Iquitos is. My female guide kept telling me to keep my hands in my pockets so no one would rob me.

Despite the seediness, I would have liked to go out solo to some club. Based on the eye contact from the women during the day, I'm sure it would have been one of the easiest places in the world for me to get laid. Sexy women were pretty consistent. If you don't get hung up on the faces, many women there have great bodies. I can't say anything regarding names of places, and I was only awake there for a few hours total, but I got the sense that a guy who looks like me could have a blast.

After reading through the forums, I would say Iquitos is probably the Spanish-language equivalent of Manaus, Brazil.

Iquitos, Peru?

Iquitos, Peru is supposed to be one of the best places in the world to try ayahuasca as they have many lodges with shamans who prepare the brew and will guide you through your trip, I plan on visiting Peru and doing this sometime in the next 3-5 years.

Iquitos, Peru?

Great first contribution Rudder.

As of now, it seems like I will have a night or two to explore Iquitos proper before or after being out in the jungle. I am very much looking forward to uncovering this secret of a city.

Iquitos, Peru?

Any updates? Me and another forum member plan on going there an staying 10 days next month. Any one actually stayed there for a extended period or will we be the first?

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Iquitos, Peru?

^^ You guys will be the first looks like. I spent a day there before the shaman took me to the Amazon. I met a lima film maker doing a documentary on child sex tourism.

Apparently, its huge problem there mothers groom their daughters for sponsors at a early age. He said there are plenty of young chicas with older men in plain sight. The tiny city had a real hustle and bustle about it in a way similar to Bangkok.

Quote: (01-06-2015 04:37 AM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  
You can bring broads to logic but you can't force them to think.

Iquitos, Peru?

urbannomad, did you take ayahuasca? id like to but these fuckers with the lodges charge an insane amount. it really shouldnt cost more than a couple hundred soles in my opinion. And the internet is giving me problems buying plane tickets. apparently there are two seperate prices for gringos and peruvians.

Iquitos, Peru?

Yes, I did and feel the same you do. That's the reason I choose Iquitos over Cusco. I knew the better deal will come from the locals vs the gringos.My ayahuasca experience was about $100 a day in Amazon. You can get it cheaper in town but be careful

Quote: (01-06-2015 04:37 AM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  
You can bring broads to logic but you can't force them to think.

Iquitos, Peru?

I spent about a week in Iquitos and really enjoyed it. While the majority of the women are quite unattractive, there are quite a few stunners. I would say the most attractive women I have seen in Peru are either from Iquitos or in Iquitos. Below is a brief summary:

Nightlife: I didn't experience too much of the nightlife, but here is where I went:

Noa Noa: This is one of the more popular clubs in Iquitos. It is easy to talk to girls and dance with them. Most of the girls are 6's though. The only downside is that there can be lots of gringo backpackers here, but the times I went there were only a handful. I got a table here when I went, but it wasn't necessary.

Voce Bar: I went here one night and was surprised by the level of talent. It is mainly a bar, but there is also a lot of dancing going on. Again, it was really easy to talk to some girls.

La Rumba: I went here briefly one night. It seemed okay.

Be careful when walking around at night, it can be quite dangerous, especially near the river.

Day: I didn't try too much daygame, but one day I walked around Iquitos outside of the Plaza de Armas. I was able to get 2 or 3 phone numbers without much effort, but nothing really came of it. Most of the clothing shops will have some attractive employees. In fact, one store had a beer model outside that was one of the hottest women I have ever seen.

Sorry I don't have anymore details but I was focused more on going on the jungle tours at the time, but I would like to go back.

Iquitos, Peru?

When i read the name Iquitos i always remember a classical peruvian novel, by Mario Vargas Llosa, Pantaleon y las visitadoras, in that novel he talk about the hotness of the amazonean women and how the warm weather made of everybody who stop there to fall in berkserk horniness, the main charachter, a catholic married and disciplined millitar leader, is assigned a militar mission to hire whores to their men to avoid they go crazy.

Does anyone who go there can post some pictures of the local girls? i'm very curious.

Iquitos, Peru?

I don't have any pictures, but the hot girls look more Colombian than Peruvian for sure.

Iquitos, Peru?

How did it go? I spent a month there and we killed it. There are some hot chicks there for sure......School teachers, Hotel girls, they're all down for a foreign guy. By far this had to be the easiest city to pull.

I worked in the airport, (which brings up a great point) and they don't hire ugly girls there. That is the first place to start! Caution......... They get your name they will know where you're flying so watch out i.e. multiple chicks!

The River Front was good, lots of people, a few restaurants, and close to the main square. It is amazing how you can just go from store to store, place to place, and just day game. See a nice girl working at the farmacia......... Day game her. See one working at a hotel......... Day game her.

Make no mistake about it......... When you step off the plane in Iquitos.......... David Lee Roth just stepped off........ USE IT!

Iquitos, Peru?

^The easiest city to pull in comparison to where? Iquitos is a cool place to visit, but you wouldnt be going there for the pussy unless your into trannies and hookers.

Iquitos, Peru?

Compared to many of the places in Peru. Maybe it's changed, but the river front and the square were simply crushing. My partner was always into PFP, but I never was and still did well. I was connected in the airport and life was good.

Iquitos, Peru?

Quote: (02-24-2015 12:43 AM)Coveyleader Wrote:  

How did it go? I spent a month there and we killed it. There are some hot chicks there for sure......School teachers, Hotel girls, they're all down for a foreign guy. By far this had to be the easiest city to pull.

I worked in the airport, (which brings up a great point) and they don't hire ugly girls there. That is the first place to start! Caution......... They get your name they will know where you're flying so watch out i.e. multiple chicks!

The River Front was good, lots of people, a few restaurants, and close to the main square. It is amazing how you can just go from store to store, place to place, and just day game. See a nice girl working at the farmacia......... Day game her. See one working at a hotel......... Day game her.

Make no mistake about it......... When you step off the plane in Iquitos.......... David Lee Roth just stepped off........ USE IT!

Current David Lee Roth or are we talking 80s.[Image: tard.gif][Image: tard.gif][Image: tard.gif]

Iquitos, Peru?

I haven't been to Iquitos but I can imagine its pretty easy if your into some amazonian ladies based on everything I have seen and heard.

Iquitos, Peru?

It's good for nothing more than Ayahuasca. I'm sure there are some decent girls but I didn't see a decent looking human being in this dirty shithole.