rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

America is NOT the best country in the world.

The words are spot on and it is pretty much everything I want to explain to people.

I am not even close to being as articulate as this guy.

I don't know what movie this is from but it seems unwatchable. I love how they act like people at a university would be shocked if a speaker said America wasn't the greatest country on earth. The writer either hasn't set foot on a college campus in 50 years or is just creating a fantasy world. It is the usual left wing Hollywood nonsense. "Let's pretend we're living in the 1950s and we're the radical forward thinkers."

I agree that the US is a dump and has declined hugely over the last 50 years but the critique in the clip is so poorly done and unrealistic.

I think it's a show, I just saw the video on my news feed and found it compelling.

The points are valid and actually proven by solid facts. America is slowly going down the drain and it won't go back up till we hit rock bottom.

We are like Rome, in a way.

Hating on America is cool for young people. Students would be cheering and screaming. Cant be that bad when everyone copies us and cant shut up about the country [Image: icon_popcorn.gif]

While some of the points brought up in that clip are true, such as the fact that the US was great in the past and the things wrong seen today, I still think the country is still the greatest in the world. I still have a romanticized view of the states, but I think it's the greatest in the world due to its power, and the fact that almost anyone that has the right work ethic, determination and talent can become successful.

Pretty much, if America is not the greatest country in the world, who is?
No one on a grand scale, that's why even though it might seem that the country is going downhill or that it hasn't been as great as past generations, America is still the greatest in the world.

And Houston brings up a good point of many young people and pseudo intellectuals that like to hate on the country when a majority of the world looks up to America.

They look up to us for cultural reasons. America looks awesome outside of the country.

And well it's still pretty good financially. Still stands as the best place to make money. But the economy is deteriorating
and if you can't see that then you really need to do some research or think about things.

Either way, going to make some money here and try to go elsewhere for women. I've been seeing way too many fatties lately and it depresses me in a way I can't explain.

Quote: (03-03-2013 05:16 PM)houston Wrote:  

Hating on America is cool for young people. Students would be cheering and screaming. Cant be that bad when everyone copies us and cant shut up about the country [Image: icon_popcorn.gif]

Yeah, the look of shock on the students' faces was some of the worst acting I've seen. In reality they'd be nodding in agreement with their mouths propped open like good little reprogrammed drones.

That show fucking sucked, expected a lot more of Aaron Sorkin.

Personally, I really liked the show and that clip is straight up true, at least in terms of the monologue.

IRL, he'd be lambasted for saying "great men" and not "great persons"!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Do Americans really think it has the best quality of life in the world/ is particularly enjoyable

Places off top of my head which are better to live

France
All of Scandinavia
Iceland
Singapore
Hong Kong
Dubai
Australia
Canada
Rich parts of Caribbean such as Bermuda
Switzerland
Germany
Could probably find more

Love it or Leave it!

God Bless America!

American girls are the best!

They hate us for our freedom!

Quote: (03-03-2013 05:30 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Personally, I really liked the show and that clip is straight up true, at least in terms of the monologue.

meh. Standard far left wing talking points that don't even come close to touching on the real weaknesses of and causes of America's decline. That's what makes it all the more cringeworthy that some writer conjured up this dream world where agreeing with everyone in his echo chamber is a brave controversial stance.

Quote: (03-03-2013 05:36 PM)Kentucky Wrote:  

Do Americans really think it has the best quality of life in the world/ is particularly enjoyable

France
All of Scandinavia
Iceland
Singapore
Hong Kong
Dubai
Australia
Canada
Switzerland
Germany
Could probably find more

If you are talking about urban life, basically every country in the developed world belongs on that list (although I'm not sure about Hong Kong or Dubai if you are talking about the QOL for the average person rather than a US expat). To give America its due, I think if you are living in the Heartland, you probably have about the best quality of life in the world in material terms (a relatively big house, decent car, cheap food, cheap utilities, good free schools).

Quote: (03-03-2013 05:40 PM)Lemmo Wrote:  

Quote: (03-03-2013 05:30 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

meh. Standard far left wing talking points that don't even come close to touching on the real weaknesses of and causes of America's decline. That's what makes it all the more cringeworthy that some writer conjured up this dream world where agreeing with everyone in his echo chamber is a brave controversial stance.

Yeah it had a left bias, as to be expected. That said, I thought it was a fairly accurate portrayal of how news networks operate, that's what I meant.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

[Image: american.gif] You're hanging with the wrong crowds if you think America isn't the best.

As the old quip goes, "I'll tell you what morale is. It is when a soldier thinks his army is the best in the world, his regiment the best in the army, his company the best in the regiment, his squad the best in the company, and that he himself is the best damn soldier-man in the outfit."

The best country in the world is wherever I am.

In what other country can someone not born into wealth make his fortune?

So it all depends on what you mean by "best."

America is a great place to make your money. There are, however, many better places to spend it.

I was done when I saw Hanoi Jane Fonda.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I disagree with the guy. A lot of countries around the world like to use the "Oh theres Freedom here too, you arent the only ones" line. Although that might be true, but many seem to forget that America was the first country to lead the way in the ideals of democracy during a time of a dominated view of monarchy in the world. America was the first country to try out their democratic experiment from a dominated Monarch world which eventually the rest of the world followed suit like Latin America and eventually Europe like a dominoe effect which lead to all these sovereign states to begin with. Whenever a country wants to be sovereign America is their by their side. Which is why we use the term "Freedom" because we have always been the champions of democracy and thats what we represent. American corporatism and globalism dominates the world. Our music and culture is the envy of the world not to mention Hollywood. Sure were not perfect, nobody is but like a guy above me said. If we arent the best then who is? Everyone loves America and those who dont are just simply haters who probably still watch Disney movies like Kim Jong Un or Kim Jong IL in North Korea.

When it comes to women though, now thats debatable.

Quote: (03-03-2013 06:13 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

America is a great place to make your money. There are, however, many better places to spend it.

Regarding making your fortune, the answer is plenty of other countries.
Ever heard of the growing middle class in China, where millionaires are created faster than ever in a supposedly unfree country?
I'd say the best in that regard is Singapore, where the starting line is made as equal as possible for everybody. Not true in the U.S.

Good message, poorly done.

The US is better than most developed Western countries for me, but probably about equal to other non-UK Anglo countries, and definitely below Switzerland.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

America is still a good place to make money

It is probably the best place in the world to live if you are any of the following:female, gay, disabled.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

This.

Make your money in the US, live off your hard work in a place with beautiful women.

Money is harder to get worldwide, women are everywhere. Always choose to stash cash, you've got a very small window to make good coin. Take advantage of it.

Quote: (03-03-2013 06:46 PM)the_conductor Wrote:  

Regarding making your fortune, the answer is plenty of other countries.
Ever heard of the growing middle class in China, where millionaires are created faster than ever in a supposedly unfree country?
I'd say the best in that regard is Singapore, where the starting line is made as equal as possible for everybody. Not true in the U.S.
In Singapore there are many people who are rich due to both property values and the fact that the cost of living there makes it so that people are paid more. For example my friend's father and his mother are both separately millionaires on paper due to the fact that their Singaporean shoeboxes in the sky are both in the 2-3 million valuation range. Singapore is a great example of the laws of supply and demand though.

In regards to China, you have 1.3 Billion people and only 1,020,000 millionaires whereas America has 5.1 million millionaires with only 315 million people. Not to mention many Chinese millionaires embezzle and steal from the government coffers, for example here in Vancouver, a majority of the millionaire Chinese people here took money from China and entered Canada via the business citizenship class (having a significant amount of wealth).

The US is by far the best and most free place to start a business and build wealth, as there is a stable political climate, access to some of the world's best talent and tons of resources.

Quote: (03-03-2013 07:04 PM)bacon Wrote:  

America is still a good place to make money

It is probably the best place in the world to live if you are any of the following:female, gay, disabled.

Wouldn't the larger welfare states take that position? Scandinavian, etcetera.

Quote: (03-03-2013 05:36 PM)Kentucky Wrote:  

France
All of Scandinavia
Iceland
Singapore
Hong Kong
Dubai
Australia
Canada
Switzerland
Germany
Could probably find more

France - how is the job market there, good luck finding a job.
Scandinavia - great place to visit, expensive and long winters
Iceland - too cold, not many jobs as even locals are leaving.
Singapore - what is there do for fun, can't even spit on the sidewalk.
Hong Kong - do I really have to list the reasons.
Dubai - a "liberal" muslim country, can't even have sex on the beach.
Australia - too isolated and seems to have it's problems as well.
Canada - safer than USA but job market sucks.
Caribbean (Bermuda) - far too small and quite frankly it sucks.
Switzerland - how are the beaches?
Germany - bland, small minded and how easy is it to progress in the job market if you are not german?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com