rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bad Habbit - Avoidance of logistically difficult approaches

My Bad Habit
Sometimes I'll see a girl I find incredibly attractive but if she is engaged in conversation or interacting with her group I don't approach. I usually wait for a woman that is easier to approach. I wait for a moment when a woman is just standing and not talking or standing and temporarily away from her group.

The Result
I end up approaching the wrong women and don't get in as many approaches as I would like. I'll approach whatever girls become logistically easy to approach and if my preferred girl does not put herself in a position where she is logistically easy to approach I don't end up approaching her.

Question for the Guys Here
When you see your perfect woman deeply engaged in conversation or interacting with her group do you interrupt and approach? Or do you bide your time and wait for her logistics to improve?

I see a lot of pedestalising on your post, NoBalls. The first thing you have to do is get rid of the perfect woman mentality when it comes to approaches. Like it or not, no woman is perfect. That mentality just messes you up internally and as a result you will spit bad game. Disregard a woman's attraction level and focus more on whether she is receptive and has a favorable attitude towards you. This will become easier with experience.

Quote: (03-01-2013 08:08 PM)Alpha Hunter Zero Wrote:  

I see a lot of pedestalising on your post, NoBalls. The first thing you have to do is get rid of the perfect woman mentality when it comes to approaches.

The issue I'm more concerned with is logistics. If I see what I consider the perfect woman who is in a situation where it would be logistically easy to approach I have no problem approaching.

I'm interested in knowing how others on this forum approach in logistically difficult situations?

First of all, I think the term 'logistics' applies to transport and location of various venues of interest. Here is a question of approachability that you're addressing.
I face the same situation every night. Sadly, many times I resign to not approaching, especially if the group is forming a tight circle.
However, a few times I managed to approach the entire crowd of them and still get a nice conversation with the girl of my choice. Here's what you can do. First of all, approach somebody else and get in a really good social mood. When you're at an emotional high and feeling great, kiss the first girl goodbye and do your real target approach. Beware that you have to compete for her attention, so you wanna be the stand-up comedian soul-of-the-party kind of guy.

Another strategy is to get in the field of vision of your target girl and stare at her. Smile. Sooner or later either she notices you, or her friends do. As soon as she looks you back in the eyes, approach. I did this once and captured her attention while she was the only girl surrounded by 4 dudes.

Probably the easiest method is just wait till the group thins down, or at least they talk less vigorously among themselves.

You should be approaching logistically-convenient girls until your confidence is at a place where you can approach more difficult sets. The goal is to ultimately not give a fuck if you get blown out, if the set is difficult, etc, but you can't fake that confidence, you can only get it from opening a lot of sets, and opening sets consistently.

Quote: (03-01-2013 04:27 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

When you see your perfect woman deeply engaged in conversation or interacting with her group do you interrupt and approach? Or do you bide your time and wait for her logistics to improve?

To answer your question directly, in day game I really only approach one-sets who are by themselves. In night game that is impossible, so I just approach with whatever I got. Sometimes, I just say "what's up guys" and roll from there. Get out of the mindset that you are "interrupting" you're not - you are just being social.

An abundance mentality is crucial.

In economics, (for the most part) prices are driven by scarce resources.
If you put a high "price" on a woman then you will think that she is "scarce".
I believe that there are few women on this Earth that are scarce and, from my experience, I haven't met one.

There is always another chick whether you approach or wait for a better opportunity to approach. So, approach.

Quote: (03-01-2013 04:27 PM)NoBalls Wrote:  

My Bad Habit
Sometimes I'll see a girl I find incredibly attractive but if she is engaged in conversation or interacting with her group I don't approach. I usually wait for a woman that is easier to approach. I wait for a moment when a woman is just standing and not talking or standing and temporarily away from her group.

The Result
I end up approaching the wrong women and don't get in as many approaches as I would like. I'll approach whatever girls become logistically easy to approach and if my preferred girl does not put herself in a position where she is logistically easy to approach I don't end up approaching her.

I've started to adopt a mentality where I think about it before anything and say "Am I not doing this because I am scared to, or am I not doing this because I really don't want to." Then if it's the first one (which in your case it is) I say "This won't kill you. Go for it." and go for it.

A humble gentleman's blog about pussy, cigars, and game.

LATEST POST:
The Problem With Nightclubs

Also check out my blog for cigar discussion and reviews.

it's not a bad habit if you are approaching girls by themselves during the day. I thought that was a good habit. No cockblocking friends, no amogs, no drunks.

Just you, her, and your game.

i just approach girls who are by themselves. Approaching groups during the day isn't worth it for me, if you roll solo. If you live in a small area then maybe I would do it. But where I live there are enough hot girls walking around by themselves.

but if you see a girl that is you're type, she's that dime piece , she makes your heart stutter, then fuck it , go for it, fuck all those people talking with her.

Anyone else read the title as "bad Hobbit"?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before