rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just read the Roosh Program

I'll start by saying that I'm brand new to Game and am a virgin. I've never even been on a date or kissed a girl before (although, at age 19 I don't think that's TOO unusual). In the past week I've been doing a lot of reading on the Manosphere and am really interested in starting to learn Game.

But then, I looked at the Roosh Program, and saw this nugget of information that has left me very discouraged. "This is going to be a rough period for you because chances are you won’t get laid from your first 100, but realize that all players have gone through this stage. "

I just have trouble believing this. Most guys have gotten laid, even guys who aren't blessed with great looks or great social skills. I'm willing to bet that most guys haven't approached anywhere near 100 girls. So my question to you guys is this, how many girls did you have to approach before getting laid? How much variance is there from person to person in this regard?

I'm not trying to be rude, but it honestly sounds ridiculous to me that your average Joe, with average looks, average social skills, and little knowledge of game, who has gotten laid a few times, has approached hundreds of girls.

Quote:Quote:

just have trouble believing this. Most guys have gotten laid, even guys who aren't blessed with great looks or great social skills. I'm willing to bet that most guys haven't approached anywhere near 100 girls. So my question to you guys is this, how many girls did you have to approach before getting laid? How much variance is there from person to person in this regard?

I'm not trying to be rude, but it honestly sounds ridiculous to me that your average Joe, with average looks, average social skills, and little knowledge of game, who has gotten laid a few times, has approached hundreds of girls.

Most guys do not cold approach, which is what Roosh asks you to do here. They get laid through social circle or by incredible strokes of luck.

Notice that the talk is about all players. One hundred is not a bad number.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

[Image: troll.gif]

Quote: (03-01-2013 02:00 AM)storm Wrote:  

just have trouble believing this. Most guys have gotten laid, even guys who aren't blessed with great looks or great social skills. I'm willing to bet that most guys haven't approached anywhere near 100 girls. So my question to you guys is this, how many girls did you have to approach before getting laid? How much variance is there from person to person in this regard?

Most guys do not cold approach, which is what Roosh asks you to do here. They get laid through social circle or by incredible strokes of luck.

Notice that the talk is about all players. One hundred is not a bad number.

This is nail on head, you are trying not to be most guys here, most guys suck.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (03-01-2013 01:19 AM)zeuhl Wrote:  

I just have trouble believing this. Most guys have gotten laid, even guys who aren't blessed with great looks or great social skills. I'm willing to bet that most guys haven't approached anywhere near 100 girls.

Most guys have gotten laid? Maybe, but how many times? Average guy gets laid 8 times during his lifetime which is a ridiculously low number. Your average guy doesn't cold approach; he gets laid very intermittently, either by sheer luck or through a social circle.

If you would describe yourself as an average dude, I can guarantee that by doing some night game you will get laid sooner than you think, just out of pure luck. For consistent lays you actually need game.

So my question to you guys is this, how many girls did you have to approach before getting laid?

Irrelevant and I wouldn't know the answer.

How much variance is there from person to person in this regard?

A lot. People have different social backgrounds. In school I was never part of a social circle that had girls in it. I didn't know how to relate to women until I taught myself through cold approach pickup.

The best advice I can give you right now: Stop thinking about pickup in terms of number of girls approached. Instead of being results-oriented, be process-oriented. Learn to take pleasure in the act of going out and expanding your comfort zone. This is super important so that you don't burn out because it could take you weeks/months to get your first solid number and a year to get the first lay.

So my question to you guys is this, how many girls did you have to approach before getting laid? How much variance is there from person to person in this regard?

Answer: none

I learned proper pickup in college times and applied it in my social circles first.. friends / school / work. First year I did total of zero cold approaches and had epic sexy times nonetheless.

Why social circles first?

I was scared of going cold haha so I figured why not trying it with people I already know first. Best decision ever. I small chunked it and baby stepped not to fuck up my relationships with people. Looking back the biggest advantage was that I developed super duper social intuition very fast aka what's appropriate and when and how and with who etc. And when I started to cold approach about year later I already had impressive social intuition so when I talked to strangers or flirted with girls I didn't make it weird for them. Even direct game is fine tuned cause you're used to tactfully expressing interest to girls surrounded by her/your friends. So when you cold approach random solo stranger girl you do the same thing and she's cool with that [even if she's unavailable].

Some might say it was piece of cake cause social circles are the easiest way to get laid. Well, yes and no. It easy to get some IF you're cool enough, true, but it's also hard as fuck to stay in tune with social dynamics without getting carried away, being labeled as creep, getting bad rep and fucking yourself over.

From my experience it's good idea to start slow with social circles and move to cold approach later. If you can game in social circles then cold approach is the same thing as meeting new person in your classes [hi, talk talk talk, flirt flirt flirt, let's meet again] just without the peer pressure.

Most people get laid their first time through sheer luck.

That's pretty much what happened to me.

The reason why game works is because only a small proportion of men overall will cold approach to get laid.

Don't get too hung up about being a virgin, everyone was one once.

edit: Not trying to be a dick or anything, but the OP reads like a chick wrote it. It popped into my head for some reason with the caps lock rhetoric, the constant description of "most guys" in the third person, and the terms like average joe. Maybe I'm just seeing shit.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Just by approaching, without any game, you set yourself much higher chances than 99% of men. Especially in the day.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Thanks for the responses. I think I might opt for a sort of compromise between social circle and cold approaches. I don't have a lot of friends so my social circle is pretty limited, but I do go to a community college so if I see any girls around the campus that I recognize from my classes, I might have a very simple opener that's less awkward that a cold approach of a stranger.

Quote: (03-01-2013 08:00 AM)Hannibal Wrote:  

edit: Not trying to be a dick or anything, but the OP reads like a chick wrote it. It popped into my head for some reason with the caps lock rhetoric, the constant description of "most guys" in the third person, and the terms like average joe. Maybe I'm just seeing shit.

Now that you mention it, I see what you're saying. I never thought much about my typing style. That makes me wonder if my typing style somehow leaks into my in-person speaking style. Maybe I should try and avoid talking in a way that's too feminine.

I think it's been mentioned before but one that that really helped with cold approaches was to start talking to everybody I interact with during my day. Every cashier, every server, every bar tender. Doesn't matter if they're young or old, male or female, hot or hideous. I just say, "Hey, how's your day going?" in a sincere tone then I'd listen and try to care about what they said. What I noticed was when I first started doing it 90% of the replies I got were superficial, then slowly my vibe changed and now I'd say it's flipped. Nine times out of ten the person opens up and tells me something about themselves. People can tell when you're not present and they wont open up if they feel like you're in your head.

Try it. It's a quick hack that'll make your day more interesting and teach you how to interact with strangers.

The average man might not do 100 approaches to get laid, but he also has sex with seven girls in his lifetime. That's one girl per decade, I'll also bet that half those girls aren't much to write home about.

Do you really want to be average?