rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

'Broke' Brendan Fraser fights to reduce alimony and child support payments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...-wife.html

900k annually goes to his ex-wife.

Picture tells the whole story

[Image: article-2279244-001E8D5900000258-582_634x899.jpg]

Yep. She'll be quick to tell you she's "entitled" to it. It's the ol' "I must be supported in the manner in which I have become accustomed" spiel. She could live very well on considerably less, as could the children, and never know the difference. But chicks that have ridden the gravy train for years want to keep that train rolling. Just like average joes, he's got to keep slaving just so this bitch can run through money without regard to what anything costs.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

He's on the verge of tears.

Even Forrest Gump knows "Stupid is as stupid does".

New saying on RVF:

"Beta is as Beta does"

Fraser is kind of famous. His ex-wife should be hotter.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Encino Man my ninja I hate it had to be him...

[Image: encino_man.jpg]

He looks teary eyed, but if I was subsidizing all the future dick she was going to ingest I would cry too.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Just goes to show there is no amount of good fortune that can't be ruined by a woman. Oh, you were a big Hollywood celebrity for a few years and accumulated a lot of cash? A woman can within a few years make it all disappear and turn you into her slave.

He needs to go into "Cowards!!!!!!" mode like he did in School Ties...

Pathetic justice system this is..goes to show show beta courtship and chivalry doesn't pay dividends.

Read the comments on the paper and you can always tell which one is written by a woman.......

Brendan Fraser has being dating that girl since 1993. This is what you getting for staying loyal to a chick after you hit the big time.

Quote: (02-19-2013 05:44 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Brendan Fraser has being dating that girl since 1993. This is what you getting for staying loyal to a chick after you hit the big time.

Yep, they'll be quick to say that they were with you when you were nothing, as if they actually HELPED you achieve what you did, thus feeling entitled to what you worked for.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

[Image: Airheads-1994.jpg]

"You're not getting my money bitch!"

How the hell is she entitled to it? She didn't act in those movies..

And, his new girlfriend isn't all that. I hope he didn't part with that money just to "be" with her.

Quote: (02-19-2013 06:18 PM)soup Wrote:  

And, his new girlfriend isn't all that. I hope he didn't part with that money just to "be" with her.

Reminds me of a conversation I overheard at a cafe in San Francisco. Picture a bunch of Asian 5s sitting around cackling about negotiating pre-nups. One said she wanted the pre-nup to give her 1/2 of her fiance's business. Her justification was "I was with him when he was building the business. That was a lot of stress for me because he was working so hard". So basically she contributes nothing in the way of ideas, time, effort, etc. (and I'm sure she was milking him financially the entire time as well) nor does she say she was making things easier for him by taking care of things at home (laugh) but she wants 1/2 of the results of his efforts because she experienced some secondhand stress. Never underestimate a woman's sense of entitlement.

Let this be a lesson:

Guys, don't get married!

It's been said around these parts time and again, and with good reason. Heed this advice or you are a fool.

Quote: (02-19-2013 07:30 PM)Lemmo Wrote:  

Reminds me of a conversation I overheard at a cafe in San Francisco. Picture a bunch of Asian 5s sitting around cackling about negotiating pre-nup. One said she wanted the pre-nup to give her 1/2 of her fiance's business. Her justification was "I was with him when he was building the business. That was a lot of stress for me because he was working so hard". So basically she contributes nothing in the way of ideas, time, effort, etc. (and I'm sure she was milking him financially the entire time as well) nor does she say she was making things easier for him by taking care of things at home (laugh) but she wants 1/2 of the results of his efforts because she experienced some secondhand stress. Never underestimate a woman's sense of entitlement.

In her eyes, she "sacrificed" the attention she should have been getting, that he was instead devoting to building his business, that she shared in the fruits of.

That's why you stay single while you're on the way up, trying to build something. Don't even think about LTRing or marrying a chick until you're well established, and can salt away something that no one can get at. Then pre-nup her a SET amount, along with the splitting of certain other assets. If she says no, walk away. She's usually only with you because of your resources anyway, and she didn't help, nor will she BE helping you continue to make and build. If she won't accept what you're offering, she can't share your life. She needs to know that her presence in your life is contingent upon how she treats you. If she treats you well, she gets to continue to enjoy life with you and the resources that come with that.

Quote: (02-19-2013 07:46 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

That's why you stay single while you're on the way up, trying to build something. Don't even think about LTRing or marrying a chick until you're well established, and can salt away something that no one can get at. Then pre-nup her a SET amount, along with the splitting of certain other assets. If she says no, walk away. She's usually only with you because of your resources anyway, and she didn't help, nor will she BE helping you continue to make and build. If she won't accept what you're offering, she can't share your life. She needs to know that her presence in your life is contingent upon how she treats you. If she treats you well, she gets to continue to enjoy life with you and the resources that come with that.

I can't think of a single justification for going through the formalities of getting married unless the woman has money. If you crunch the numbers, the chances are that any man who gets married is committing financial suicide. If you marry outside the West in a place where society still values and expects marriage, and you can hide money offshore, maybe it makes sense. Otherwise, I don't understand it. The death of marriage is one of the great fruits of feminism and men just unthinkingly throw it away.

And as you point out, once a woman is married, there is much less incentive for her to behave.

Quote: (02-19-2013 07:41 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Reminds me of a conversation I overheard at a cafe in San Francisco. Picture a bunch of Asian 5s sitting around cackling about negotiating pre-nup. One said she wanted the pre-nup to give her 1/2 of her fiance's business. Her justification was "I was with him when he was building the business. That was a lot of stress for me because he was working so hard". So basically she contributes nothing in the way of ideas, time, effort, etc. (and I'm sure she was milking him financially the entire time as well) nor does she say she was making things easier for him by taking care of things at home (laugh) but she wants 1/2 of the results of his efforts because she experienced some secondhand stress. Never underestimate a woman's sense of entitlement.

In her eyes, she "sacrificed" the attention she should have been getting, that he was instead devoting to building his business, that she shared in the fruits of.

Actually, I think I recall her complaining that he would talk to her in the evening about the business and that caused her stress. So it wasn't even the absence of attention she objected to. It was the fact that the attention didn't center around amusing and pleasing her. And of course no objection was raised by any of the other crones. No matter how extreme and unreasonable a woman's sense of entitlement, she'll be supported by other women who also dream of eventually screwing a guy out of his assets and becoming a parasite on his income stream.

And keep in mind that this is how she was talking before the marriage, when she was supposedly still interested in the guy. Imagine her behavior when she has come to hate him and blame him for her every dissatisfaction.

Quote: (02-19-2013 07:41 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Yes, and there was a time where it was essential for women to seek attention from men so that they could find a provider.

Well, thanks to feminism, that girl can get a job to support herself.

So, being attractive is no longer intertwined with sustenance and survival.

What is she going tell the judge? "I gave my hottest years to him, and now I can't find a man to financially support me because I'm old."

That just doesn't make sense in our times.

Women are fundamentally selfish. I don't blame them for that since evolution has made them that way. Their children are more important to them than the rest of the world put together. I can't complain - I wouldn't want my mum any other way.

I guess some guys are like that as well. But many more can still get a grasp on principles that are more important to them than simply what benefits them the most. Hence the countless men who have sacrificed their lives for the greater good.

Now - there is something interesting about the increase in the number of people remarrying. For the first time - women are starting to give a shit about the bad deal men get in divorce cases. Why? Because their new husband is having to pay out alimony to his ex-wife.

And since this directly affects her ('why should my husband give my money to some bitch we both hate?') - she now has a selfish reason to start supporting reforms in this area.

So - I think change will come at some point (won't affect me - Elvis has more chance of getting married than me). But women won't be doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.

They will still be looking out for Numero Uno.

As always.

One last thing. I recently saw some kind of cheap public information commercial by an organisation trying to change alimony laws. It clearly demonstrates the new approach mentioned above:

Quote: (02-19-2013 04:33 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Yep. She'll be quick to tell you she's "entitled" to it. It's the ol' "I must be supported in the manner in which I have become accustomed" spiel. She could live very well on considerably less, as could the children, and never know the difference. But chicks that have ridden the gravy train for years want to keep that train rolling. Just like average joes, he's got to keep slaving just so this bitch can run through money without regard to what anything costs.

That's just the thing though, isn't it? She can live off 10k a year in payments from him and raise the kids. Even if she didn't have a job and relied solely on those payments, she can still get by. My mum raised me and my sister on a similar wage and many other families do it with less.

The funny thing is in the argument that they want to maintain the lifestyle they grew accustomed to or currently live is that it suggests they can't maintain the lifestyle without the husband. So, how is it fair then that she gets half of his estate or whatever else just because they were married when it's clear she contributed way less financially and will be fucked without him?

The idea of marriage and family is to support one another. Break the code or leave and then you're on your own. That's how it should be. If the husband is at fault for a marriage breaking down then fair enough, they feel owed. But this "falling out of love" with the husbands bollocks doesn't fly. Fuck off then. They're not owed anything in that case.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but good lord it winds me up seeing this stuff.

Here is the thing. I have zero sympathy for guys who get fucked over in divorce cases. I think only a fool would put their future security and happiness in the hands of another human being. Particularly with the divorce stats being what they are.

And particularly when you are dealing with a woman. That is like putting a loaded gun in the hands of a child.

I think the situation is fucked. But guys need to be reminded of their own stupidity as well. The message needs to be gotten out on both fronts.

Quote: (02-19-2013 08:27 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

Women are fundamentally selfish. I don't blame them for that since evolution has made them that way. Their children are more important to them than the rest of the world put together.

This is the blue pill belief that took me the longest to discard but ultimately I had to yield to reality. Of course there are good mothers. But generally, if it comes to conflict between a woman's own interests and those of her children, the hamster will kick in and she'll do what is best for herself but justify it as being best for everyone.