rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I go to Kiev for a media appearance?

They want to put me on a talk show. They will pay for the flight, hotel, and some food costs. It would be three nights.

It is cool at first glance, but there is no real benefit to me except saying that I was on a Ukrainian talk show (this will not lead to an increase in book sales). I would have to spend a lot of travel time going from Lublin to Warsaw to Kiev then back again. This trip length is also not enough time to do serious game work that would lead to a bang. Three days is nothing.

Would you go?

And when the talk show does broadcast, they will dub my speech in Russian so my own readers won't be able to understand.

At what point do you hire a publicist? [Image: banana.gif]

What's the reputation or style of the talk show? Do you think they will bully you or make you look bad for the sake of appealing to their viewers? That would be my biggest concern. And exactly why do you think it wouldn't translate to more sales for you?

Also really surprised they need that long to tape it. I thought these sort of appearances you'd be in and out in a day or two at most.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

I think the talk show would be mostly critical, but I talked to these people on the phone and don't think I'd be raked over the coals, or at least nothing I've experienced beforehand. I don't mind tough questions.

I actually extended them from two days to three, since I don't like traveling fast. Their offer is nice, but it's a lot of work for no obvious sexual or monetary gain. Then again, when do I get the opportunity to go on a talk show? This is my 15 minutes of Ukrainian fame.

You better ask for security as well (no joke). I think I would do it if only because it is a new experience and fame can lead to more poosy. Also, I think you need to look really sharp on the show...well fitting suit, trimmed beard, hair style. Show them why America is #1! [Image: biggrin.gif]

Yeah ask for security and do it Roosh, tell them you want a video without russian dub as well.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

I think you're pretty much done with Ukraine, so why not make this the icing on the cake? I'd be disappointed if you didn't do it, but yeah security, possible negative exposure and resulting haters are all concerns. If you don't see yourself spending time there again any time soon, I say go do it, get out, and watch what happens (if anything). It'll be an interesting experience and a great story.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

A wise man once said.. "YOLO".
I'd do it.

I think Ali has some time on his hands, he can be the bodyguard.

You should definitely go. Do it for the manosphere.

Have you ever seen this talk show? Some of them have a group of dancers; this may lead to some phone numbers through backstage interaction.

I don't see how this wouldn't increase sales.

If anything your book Bang Ukraine would sell more for a couple of days.

Even if it is a big "f you" event, that still drives revenue as people will at least buy it even to hate on you.

IMHO this is a no brainer to go. Publicity is always good since your name and face is already out there, it's not like you're trading in your privacy.

Finally, why can't you do all your writing etc while in transit? This way practically nothing is lost in 3 days.

Congrats and hope to see you on the show.

(On a side note, how much does it cost to translate your book? Might be worth it if it's cheap. Sell a hundred or so post show, lose a couple hundred on translation fees?)

There has to be a way to parlay this into more Ukrainian groupies and more book sales, no?

Being on tv is one of the great aphrodisiacs.

Roosh -- the next Ukrainian soap opera star!

I'd take it. Might meet some interesting people there, maybe girls, and I would say the whole experience would be worth the time. Ps. Take a flight if you don't want to spend half a day on the boarder travelling with a car.. I did that once.

Quote: (02-11-2013 11:49 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

There has to be a way to parlay this into more Ukrainian groupies and more book sales, no?

Being on tv is one of the great aphrodisiacs.

Roosh -- the next Ukrainian soap opera star!

This is not a bad idea. Maybe you can talk to the tv people...your character can be Dr. Roosh Malamanian, a nefarious, but charming Turkish doctor and seducer.

Dr. Roosh: Простите, что хорошая книга?
Girl: Я хочу ваши дети сейчас!

Quote: (02-11-2013 11:55 AM)Menace Wrote:  

This is not a bad idea.

Not a bad idea!?!

Becoming a Ukrainian television personality is about the greatest thing Roosh can do to create his pussy paradise!!!

But, thats a long shot.

Any appearance on tv will lead to groupies. It's just a matter of getting girls to see the show. Maybe, Roosh can market and advertise the show somehow?

There is zero downside in publicity. If he's driving traffic to ROK with ugly feminists a TV appearance would be godsend.

Standard results you get more sex and more sales. Worst case is nothing happens.

Do it!

This could be a stepping stone into more TV interviews. Other talk shows/new shows will see that you can handle tough questions under composure while being witty. Who knows the talk show in Denmark that did a long segment about you might be willing to have you for an interview instead of just talking about you.

I think this is great opportunity. All publicity is good publicity.

It's something different for you. You should do it for the experience even though it won't increase book sales. You'll probably always regret if if you don't do it.

Then show the video to all your Polish and future womens. They won't be able to understand any of it, but it will add to your value and status... and makes for a good story. Make sure you look your best. You're going to get a lot of mileage out of that video. Maybe as they flash your name on tv, under it they can put up your FB fan page or whatever they use there... for potential groupies to contact you. Can also add the badge "As Seen on Ukrainian TV" for marketing. Every little bit helps.

Maybe you can ask them to show you the questions that would be asked before you go so you can see if you'll be walking into a full-on ambush.

Sounds like an invitation to write Bang Russia.
I'd say do it.

Team Nachos

You should go to Kiev because its the best place in Ukraine for pussy. Hit up the many clubs in town.

The talk show offer also sounds good.

Quote: (02-11-2013 12:01 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

There is zero downside in publicity. If he's driving traffic to ROK with ugly feminists a TV appearance would be godsend.

Standard results you get more sex and more sales. Worst case is nothing happens.

This right here.

Plus, it adds legitimacy. You're not some faceless schlub with a blog if you've been interviewed on tv.

Definitely go.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

It would increase your status, and increased status will likely lead to more sex.

No, just stay in Lublin and read a history book then masturbate.