rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Barcelona and Sevilla Data Sheets

I am going to post my updates here. So far, off to a strong start. I think this will be invaluable as there is beyond minimal data sheets on these cities here.

Nightlife Generalship and Nightlife Princesses in Barcelona http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2010/05/nig...elona.html

Check that one for starters. Great Game technique in there as well.

Feel free to bust out any questions.

G,

Check out a place called Opium Mar, down near the Port Olimpic. I was there on either a Thursday or Friday last May and it was packed. It's a club with loud music though so I don't know if that's your thing, but the earlier you go the more chill it is. Has a nice little outdoor area too.

Other Barca spots I heard were hot are Sutton and Elephant, both in La Zona Alta. I didn't make it to either, but they're supposedly quite loungy/trendy places.

I got nothin' on Sevilla, but can't wait to hear all about it as it's one on my radar.

-LS

lilseezie,

Yeah, I haven't been down to Port Olimpic at night yet. I probably will at some point, but I think it is kind of touristy.

I got Sutton on my radar screen.

I am going to go some day Game the next few days and maybe hit up some more mellow spots before the weekend.

G and anyone visiting beautiful Barcelona, make sure you go watch a Barça game at the Camp Nou, even if you're not a football/soccer fan, it'll blow your mind. It's not everyday that you get to see the best team in the world playing the most attractive football on the planet.

Quote: (05-11-2010 06:19 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

G and anyone visiting beautiful Barcelona, make sure you go watch a Barça game at the Camp Nou, even if you're not a football/soccer fan, it'll blow your mind. It's not everyday that you get to see the best team in the world playing the most attractive football on the planet.

Maybe most atractive football, but the best football team ever is: Real Madrid. Hala Madrid!

G might wanna check this site:

http://www.finestclubs.com/

Only been in Silk Lisbon.

Update:

I remember a while back someone on here claiming that young girls in Barcelona (that 18 year old girls in the peak of their beauty line) don't smoke here any more.

I can absolutely say that is false.

I haven't seen one pretty girl over the age of 16 without a cigarette in her mouth.

Quote: (05-12-2010 09:35 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I haven't seen one pretty girl over the age of 16 without a cigarette in her mouth.

Damn, that's disappointing! [Image: confused.gif]

Europeans smoke like chimneys. Especially in Eastern Europe.

A bit off topic but has anyone done the running of the bulls in Pampalona. First of all is it worth going? Any advice? I'm looking into it now and it seems the cheapest option is $100/night private room in a hostel. Any ideas for less expensive options?

jmb,

I have been twice when I was younger. Its pretty off the hook. Blows away any party in our great country 10X. No joke.

Both times I was staying in Biarritz and took the train in, raged all night, watched the bulls in the morning and trained back to the beaches that aft.

"$100/night private room in a hostel" I would say that sounds like about as cheap as you could find. I am surprised you found that.

Side note:

Most of the little Basque villages have week long festivals during that time. Many are better than San Fermines. Zero amerikooks.

Alright, here are the Data Sheets on the nightclubs in Barcelona.

This was the kind of info I was looking for before going.

If you go, I do accept thank you cards.

Barcelona Nightclub Data Sheets http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2010/05/bar...heets.html

Good info, G. I send you my thank you card even before going.

How welcoming are the Catalan girls on a scale from 1-10? (lets say that argentina is a 1 and an ordinary american girl is a 10, just for dramatic effect)

Btw, I was wondering how you are related to that 007 e-book on your blog? Something you wrote yourself?

"How welcoming are the Catalan girls on a scale from 1-10? (lets say that argentina is a 1 and an ordinary american girl is a 10, just for dramatic effect)"

Way further skewed toward Argentinian.

Quote: (05-17-2010 01:54 PM)jmb Wrote:  

A bit off topic but has anyone done the running of the bulls in Pampalona. First of all is it worth going? Any advice? I'm looking into it now and it seems the cheapest option is $100/night private room in a hostel. Any ideas for less expensive options?

Is it worth going?

That depends on how well you like mass events.

I went once years ago, and have zero interest going again.

Hundreds of thousands of drunk idiots, and big waits/overcharging for everything.

On another note, I just realized that G make cash by pushing book buying referrals to Amazon. Either he is FOS about his lifestyle, or he has his fingers in many pots.

lavinci,

Interesting comparison which is kind of hard to make especially in regards to nightlife.

South Beach, everything is so close and kind of similar in a way.

Barcelona is a pretty big city with many different options.

Similarities: Both are super late. Eating at 10-11, going out at 12 to 6 am.

Girl quality is kind of hard to compare as well. Both have super fly girls. Again, South Beach is so condensed so it might seem like more fly girls per block, although Barcelona holds its own as well.

I think the area of Barcelona that could be compared to South Beach is the Port Olimpic area, which I didn't roll (partially because I had a feeling it would be like South Beach).

I went for more the local Catalan Scene VS the International scene.

I hope this helps, feel free for follow up questions.

So just thought I'd update the Barcelona thread with some more club info.

Enfants: very classic catalunyan college-kinda hang out near La Rambla. Is not gonna blow your mind, but overall a good night can be had in there.

Razzmatazz: Biggest club in Barcelona, and very recommended. The DJs were spinning cool music when I was there. Giant dance hall. Disclaimer: this place is probably funniest if you're fucked up on drugs and booze.

City Hall: was extremely packed, when I went, but seemed like an easy place to chat up girls. The vibe in there was a bit more douchebaggy than the other places I went. But on the good side, it seemed there were a lot of south americans in there. Got free entrance and a free cocktail by presenting a flyer from a promoter.

Ovella Negra: Giant - I am not underestimating, might be the world's biggest, beer hall, with loads of pool and fussball tables. Good for pregame. Btw there are two of them - the one near la rambla is the small one.

The girls: At first I was disappointed by what I saw during the days. For some reason the hot girls only come out at night. Luckily it seems there are enough of them, when they finally come out.
In my opinion barcelona-girls are both friendly and talkative. We met groups of girls on the streets that would bring us to bars, several times.

The vibe: Barcelona is awesome. Nice temperature all year around, history and architecture - and inhabitants that just live to party! This might be the city with the best nightlife in Europe!

The stats: I hooked up with a couple of girls and then captured my Spanish flag on my final night out, and so did my friend. Decent for a week, but I think serious damage could be done if one were to know the venues better and play the social circle game more. Girls often gave me the look or commented on how 'guapa' they found me. As I am scandinavian I imagine other guys with that look could benefit as well, cause it is the only 'rare' look in Barcelona (there are loads of Asian, North Africans, Black guys and latinos around)

TIPS: You can get on the guest list for most clubs. Just find the webpage for a promoter called Shaz online. It is an easy system. Also it is a good idea to keep the flyers you'd be offered from promoters on the street, since you might get some good deal, skip lines etc.

To avoid queues it is a good idea to show up early - typically the clubs have their prime hour around 1.30-2.30, so come before.

Good luck

beebopaloo,

Good Data Sheet. Those are a bunch of spots I have never hit up (except for Ovella Negra when I was a young cub).

Did you go to any of the spots I mentioned?

G,

We were actually on the guestlist for both Bikini and Sutton, but as we happened to run in to some friendly girls on the street, we just ended up going with them. I'll definitely check them out next time I am in BCN.

A little side note: If you are in Barcelona on a monday, there is one club that rules them all, and that is Apolo. Even for new years eve, the line outside would be considered huge. The club is called Nasty Mondays. We didn't make it in, but judging from the queue it is the shit.

beebopaloo,

Ha. Yeah, I know exactly where that spot is. A girl had me meet her there one night and we went somewhere else after.

I always wanted to step in.

Just wrote up another update:

Barcelona, Spain: Custom Moves

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/02/bar...moves.html

If you had to choose 3 cities anywhere in the world that would match up to Barcelona then which cities would you choose? I am asking this question because you seem to be a die hard Barcelona fan just like I am but you have traveled more than I have.

I would like to go there again but I also want to check out other cities in the world and it would be great if they are as fun as Barca.

Quote: (02-05-2011 04:43 AM)Mystik Wrote:  

If you had to choose 3 cities anywhere in the world that would match up to Barcelona then which cities would you choose? I am asking this question because you seem to be a die hard Barcelona fan just like I am but you have traveled more than I have.

I would like to go there again but I also want to check out other cities in the world and it would be great if they are as fun as Barca.

Great question. I am trying to find out the answer myself. Barcelona definitely ticks all or most of the boxes for me.

Sydney is pretty sick as well.

I would love to hear others opinions on this.

I have been for a couple of short trips to Barcelona, here is my impression:

Don’t go for the local chicks (they seem to be a bit overfed with tourists), go for the tourists, they are plenty Smile It’s a party city. I kissed two girls in the razzmatazz (the club is huge, 5 floors, alternative style). Second night, again razzmatazz, I got nothing. Next year, I went to visit a friend, we went to a bit more elaborate places, namely to Elephant (nice, a bit outside of the center) and Shoko + Opium (these two clubs are nicely located next to the sea). I also tried Jamboree (close to Rambla); there are some more small clubs in the same square. While looking back I wasn’t actually particularly successful there, the city has potential. Barcelona is full of nightlife, full of live, I feel great there.

I just posted in the forum my experiences in most of the cities I have been to!

I'm going to be in Barcelona in August. Anyone got any hooks are know where I can find some ganja?

Quote: (07-10-2012 06:28 AM)Laser Wrote:  

I'm going to be in Barcelona in August. Anyone got any hooks are know where I can find some ganja?

It will probably be more shish.

Try the parks.

Plaza del Sol for one.

At night it is full of people.