rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

San Francisco

San Francisco

Will have to go there so I went ahead and virtually moved my okcupid profile to the place to scout whats in there.

Result: Either okcupid is broken or there is an endless stream of cute girls in that city. I dont remember seeing a single super obese girl on the site, even overweight girls were a small minority...

Whats going on?

San Francisco

Not sure, but I hate that city. It takes feminism to a whole new level.

San Francisco

If you go to SF, don't go for the women. Women in the bay area are b-team compared to other locales.

San Francisco

Lot's of girls on OKC in SF, I think it's probably one of the more online dating friendly cities in the U.S. I remember when I scouted OKC in Austin before I went there, and there was practically no talent online, while there was a bunch on the ground, I think some places online dating still has a bit of a stigma to it.

There are already a lot of SF threads on the forum, the general concensus is that most guys hate on it it, but I really like the city. Probably not the best city as far as sheer talent, but there are a lot of girls in the 6-7 range, and banging 7's is fine by me, and those are the caliber of girls I usually hook up with anyways.

Also, great diversity in SF if you are into that. Lot's of Asian girls, who normally aren't my cup of tea, but last time I was down there I saw a shit ton of hot ones, which got my juices flowing. I am sure Asian chicks down there are open to dating interracial, but it seemed like I pretty much all saw them with Asian dudes, and rolling in big packs of Asians. Which brings me to another issue, I have an Asian friend who lives down there who isn't into Asian chicks, and sweats the hell out of white girls. He has potential with cute Asian chicks, but keeps brushing them off, while he gets absolutely no love from white girls and barely ever gets laid. When I was down in SF last time, I saw the most chode-ish, beta dorky, weak looking Asian guys with hot Asian girls. It almost stimulated a caveman instinct to want to strong arm the guy, throw is hot girl over my shoulder and take off to a a cave some where.

San Francisco

San Francisco is politically correct hell. It is ground zero in America for the type of stuff I rail against - cultural marxism, political marxism, feminism. In terms of freedom of thought, it is one of the least free cities in the country. Good luck disagreeing with the politically correct consensus and voicing your opinion there.

In terms of women, I think it is among the worst in the country.

Here are two screenshots of a quick search I did on POF. 18-28 caucasian girls (my target demographic). The first pic are results from San Francisco. The second pic are results from west-side Los Angeles. I think the results speak for themselves.

San Francisco:

[Image: GSiZ0.png]

----------

West-side Los Angeles:

[Image: JuIVx.png]

Where would you rather be? Don't just look at the photos, but observe the attitudes.

But if you have to go to San Francisco...

San Francisco

Durangotang you ever spent any time in SF? If so, then I will give your opinion a little bit more credit and validity, but if not, than don't pull a Dash Global and talk about places you never been to. One thing is for sure, I'm much rather be kicking in in SF than Durango.

San Francisco

Quote: (01-11-2013 05:08 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Durangotang you ever spent any time in SF? If so, then I will give your opinion a little bit more credit and validity, but if not, than don't pull a Dash Global and talk about places you never been to. One thing is for sure, I'm much rather be kicking in in SF than Durango.

Yeah, I haven't been there for about 8 years, but I have spent a several weeks in San Francisco. I don't think non-politically correct views are well tolerated there. At all.

I'd like to take some time off and head down the coast from San Francisco to San Diego if I can manage it. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind, but I doubt it. As for Durango, it is a small mountain town. Unless that is your thing, then you'd probably like SF better, but hey weed is fully legal here OG.

San Francisco

The thing is that my search there showed nothing below 6, and included a many 7s and some 8s ...

Kinda of difficult to believe, so I had this theory that since my profile is new to that city okcupid biased the results to show nicer girls and get more clicks and pageviews, also the local sf girls who randomly visit my profile are all bangeable, something is going on...

San Francisco

Count me in the pro-SF minority.

I like that city.

It would probably be the first place I would go if I went back to California. Or LA but that would be because of The Wildcard Gym.

---

Giovanny, you are not going to defend your hometown?

What ever happened to "Protect The West"?

San Francisco

I'm pro-SF. I lived in SoCal 5 years but spent a lot of time up there. Dated a girl from OC that was attending UCSF so I ws constantly back and forth. I got my US Sailing Certification over at Club Nautique in Sausalito. Are the women the hottest? Probably not. But there are beautiful women to be found anywhere (even in DC!). The Bay Area has so much else going for it. If you can't find a niche and enjoy life there...I don't know what to tell you.

San Francisco

Quote: (01-11-2013 05:51 PM)pobreinvestidor Wrote:  

The thing is that my search there showed nothing below 6, and included a many 7s and some 8s ...

Kinda of difficult to believe, so I had this theory that since my profile is new to that city okcupid biased the results to show nicer girls and get more clicks and pageviews, also the local sf girls who randomly visit my profile are all bangeable, something is going on...

You'll be fine.

Shoot me a pm with some general info age bracket, type of girls who you dig/dig you, time you have to spend there and I'll hook you up. Times, places to stand, map of bar/club, opener and where to stay (if that's an issue for you).

Only person I disappointed was slubu, and apologize to him for that, bad scheduling as well.

Day game talk to Gio, getting decent at it now though with a new canned opener. Lots of tourists. Lots.

San Francisco

I would have loved to have lived there in the 1950's or in the 1900's before the quake.
That place was pretty rocking when my dad lived there when he was my age.

San Francisco

I have been kicked out of the bubble, now my searches are at the same level as the other guy posted up there, lots of fatties, sigle moms and random uninteresting girls. Long time without using that site and I was very surprised to see that they implement an algorithm to sort users into tiers

WestCoast
Ty for the offer but I am not much of a club person, especially now that I a little older, I will only have 1 free night in sf, theres not much to plan for.

San Francisco

In that case go to a wine bar that will be your best bet.

You can also troll north beach - "hey why are there no Starbucks in this area?" Let them go on and on about how "anti corporate" the area is. If they have no real answers or you can't get them to talk about it, next they are not from SF and you would be hard to close anyway.

Yeah a day is rough good luck.

San Francisco

Quote: (01-13-2013 03:27 PM)pobreinvestidor Wrote:  

Ty for the offer but I am not much of a club person, especially now that I a little older,

SF is a pretty friendly city to the "older Playboy".

Hit up some of the hotel bars, and dope restaurant bars. You will feel right at home.

San Francisco

I'm in Sf now and the city is great. Then again I was in the Marina after the niners games last night...love the balboa cafe....watched the game at the parlor near fisherman's wharf and there were tons of young white girls in the spot. City has good logistics if you are in the city which is better in that regards than LA. I was in a few different areas and there is a huge difference in crowds versus the neighborhoods so you really have to know what you like and go in that area

San Francisco

Parlor can be great on Fridays/Saturday. Lots of drunk young girls going buck-wild. One of my pick-up spots.... for sexy asian girls.

Some other favorites- Slide (small but packed) and oddly enough temple (has a bit of a ghetto element, pulled a fine black girl from east-bay here).

Temple has some decent looking girls. Two floors up-stairs house/ downstairs hip-hop. You do get a group of bridge and tunnelers from berkley, east-bay who have to wait till 5am to take BART home. They end up either grabbing food/kicking it till that time.
Perfect place to swoop a girl from the cold weather. =)

If you want to see a new definition of yellow fever, check out synergySF promoter. The line is 100% asian. One event, they rented out Ana-mandara. My boys went- me, a giant Nigerian dude, and my playboy white friend (looks like a stereotypical frat boy)- and had a blast considering we stood out like a sore thumb.

Overall, its a tad cold now in SF, so nightlife will be a little worse.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

San Francisco

I'm surprised so many guys dislike San Fran. I was young when I was there so I can't say much about picking up. But I thought the city overall was awesome, and at the time (I was 13) I thought it was the coolest looking city in terms of archetechter I had been to. The city its self is very cool. The two big downfalls I saw though were a lot of gays and a lot of homeless. I would at first think that having lots of gays would open up the opprotunity for men, but then realized that in MIA there are lots of gays as well, and it didn't do shit to help me, cause the dudes with ferraris definitely make that gap close real fast. A friend of mine moved to san fran recently and invited me out with a free place to stay. To tell you the truth I was pretty interested to go back and check it out.

Sidenote and totally unrelated, Durango, my cousin owns Lost Dog bar. Durango is pretty cool for a small mountain town. The mountain isn't all that though, I preffer Telluride if you are in the San Juan mountains.

San Francisco

Quote: (01-11-2013 06:18 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Giovanny, you are not going to defend your hometown?

From foreign invaders? Yes!

From on-line critics who have never been here?

No thanks.

Guys,

San Francisco sucks. Do not come here. We have no cute girls, no good food, and nothing to do. Go to LA, NYC, or Miami. You will have more fun and get laid more. SF sucks for guys. It's all gays, feminists, and hippies. Stay away! Seriously!

Quote: (01-11-2013 05:36 PM)durangotang Wrote:  

I don't think non-politically correct views are well tolerated there. At all.

This is false. We love the politically incorrect. We were founded on being counter-culture. We might be the freest city in America. You can do or say almost anything you want and no one will care.

When you say this, I know you haven't spent much time here.

San Francisco

hey what's the deal with Pacific Heights. Ate at a sushi restaurant out there and I really liked the vibe.

San Francisco

Quote: (01-15-2013 06:30 PM)PartyonBro Wrote:  

hey what's the deal with Pacific Heights. Ate at a sushi restaurant out there and I really liked the vibe.

PAC height is more low key and there is definitely some talent in that area. The moneyed up people usually live in PAC/marina.

North beach: little Italy, bar scene (some hood clubs on broadway)
Nob Hill: more residential but some bars, if you meld nob hill and north beach then I guess you can call that Polk street which is a mass bar scene to pick up.
Union square: major clubs here (ruby Skye, slide, etc)
SOMA: moneyed up engineers, lots of Asians/Indians and clubs.
Mission: hippie/hipster area (looks grimey but is safe)
Marina: White as rice. (Triangle bars, chestnut and then bar none are your best bets)
Tenderloin: grimey area, dangerous, there are some spots in the "outskirts" tender-nob etc. which are being "gentrified" whatever the hell hat means.
Civic center/vanness: some seedy clubs/bars.
Hayes valley: hit and miss on college aged people from the area... Also more lounge setting and bar setting.

Basically, if you go downtown expect to see people not from SF in clubs (bad idea be prepared for higher than average cock blocking). Venture away from Skye/slide and you're in good shape for the most part.

No where am I saying those clubs are bad just showing you what type of crowd to expect, the city is so packed all the time on nice weekends you can pretty much hit 3-4 areas of town and find your place and stop.

San Francisco

WestCoast -

Which hood do you think is best to live in or spend 1-3 months?

San Francisco

For everyone, the best time is July-Sept. SF generally has a weird summer and there is a month usually one of those 3 that is the best, roll of the dice. Dec-Feb is the worst and the rest is just fine.

In terms of where to stay... Put a gun to my head and for you the choice would be Pac Heights/Marina. Now, again specific to you, the dark horse would be SOMA/Rincon Center.

The reason why is that area has some nice restaurants and wine bars with open seating where the people who work there are definitely 8+ range, need to do serious work to get in with the crowd and of course it's not really cheap. Spots like Ozumo come to mind. In addition there is definitely talent running up and down the streets from the Embarcadero all the way up the path to the Rincon center.

Now for everyone else... It will entirely depend on your age bracket, looks, style and game. Overall this is the "general idea"

Marina/Pac Heights/Wine Bars and Restaurants = "Look" at least 29 years old, have decent game and be decent looking or at least dress sharp (IE: you need to have at least most of your life together). There are always exceptions, but basically do not go to those areas if you have no idea what you are doing and do not know how to dress, you will be eaten alive.

North Beach/Polk Street/Nob hill = "Bar game", this is much more low key you're going to run "most interesting person in the world game". Get ready to bring out a sniper because the bars are small, even the wine bars, if you're the type that walks around talking to people you will be crushed. Instead if you plan on visiting those areas ask someone who knows what they are doing. You stand at the "choke" points and open so you can get at least 2-4 approaches before moving on. No worries all 3 of these areas have at least 15 bars within half blacked out walking distance.

Mission/Hayes Valley = More hipster crowd, would call this area "work on my conversation skills". If you get turned down with a "hey what does that mean (gesturing at a painting)" opener you are homeless, a negative 3 in looks and are stabbing her in the eye with a broomstick at the same time. This area gets a bad rap for being "dirty/dangerous" there is nothing dangerous about this area unless you are scared of a few stray cats, its just not well kept. There are many places with decent looking girls on the right nights. If you are talking to a girl and she calls this area "dangerous/dirty" in a conversation, the over under is that she's a Marina girl and you are standing in a bar in Northbeach or Polk Street. Adjust accordingly.

"Downtown on specific nights" = You must know when you are showing up to the mega clubs. If you come for a month or so, there better be a major event (Mega DJ, Huge Rave, etc etc.). If a club "just opened up" be sure that club is going to suck for a minimum of 6 months filled with visiting people taking photos to load on Instagram and tag 45 times in table service with grey goose and cranberry juice. Likely Russian dudes.

Finally, North Beach/Union Square/Delores Park are all fine for day game. In fact if you are not out drinking on a sunny day in SF on a weekend you don't deserve to say SF sucks "all the time". There was one ridiculous day where myself and a friend from the night before were tipsy walking around Washington park in North Beach, guys are walking around selling weed ice cream for $5. Within 1 hour we met two girls laying around drinking in public. and left before the clock struck 2pm.

One trick for very young guys that you can do (if you just moved there and are 21-23 y/o). Run up and down to every single seedy bar in "Civic/Downtown/Vaness" in the summer. Why? If you're there during the summer that is where all the hostels are. Just don't be surprised if you're jumping over crack heads and walking into some real sketch places. It's like playing Marco Polo all over again and you know the tourists chose one of those crap bars to "hang out in". Of course once you find them you're competing against unemployed guys with the latest iPad for discount travel guides. So you'll be fine.

That's pretty much the summary of SF.

San Francisco

I'm very familiar with SF as I used to live there and continue to visit at least a couple times a year. I'm actually going there in early February to throw a surprise party for a good friend. As for G's question, it's tough. Even though SF is small there's tons of hoods, many of which are dope and have their own character. I would consider SOMA because it has a sense of growth. Lots of new lofts but still close to the grit of sixth street off Market and Tenderloin on the other side of Market. You're also not far from the ballpark. Lots of bars and independent venues in SOMA as well.

I would also consider Polk St/Civic Center. Polk St has a ton of bars and is good for weeknights. You also have good logistics to attack other areas of SF from there (Union Square, Hayes Valley, Marina).

Marina is like the Georgetown of SF. MatrixLounge is one spot I consistently mess with there. It's good on Sunday nights.

Union Square is the day game mecca of the city. Lots of chicks out shopping. There's a spot in the cut around there called Vessel. I used to check that out on Wednesdays.

North Beach is good for restaurants. Lots of Italian establishments and next to the financial district. Lots of venues that cater to the after work crowd around there so you get a diverse set.

I could go on and on. Lots of hoods in SF that are worth a mention. Really depends on what you're looking for. The spots I mentioned are urban as opposed to residential.

San Francisco

Quote: (01-15-2013 10:11 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

In fact if you are not out drinking on a sunny day in SF on a weekend you don't deserve to say SF sucks "all the time". There was one ridiculous day where myself and a friend from the night before were tipsy walking around Washington park in North Beach, guys are walking around selling weed ice cream for $5. Within 1 hour we met two girls laying around drinking in public. and left before the clock struck 2pm.

Beautiful narrative.

Quote: (01-15-2013 10:11 PM)WestCoast Wrote:  

One trick for very young guys that you can do (if you just moved there and are 21-23 y/o). Run up and down to every single seedy bar in "Civic/Downtown/Vaness" in the summer. Why? If you're there during the summer that is where all the hostels are.

You are becoming the Guru of The City!

I think G should stay one week in The Marina, one week in Pacific Heights, and one week in Soma just to get a feel for the city. It's tough to go wrong as the city is so small you can cab around easily.

I'd like to see G day game in Union Square at the high end shops.