rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Warning Fat Acceptance movement! CNN article stating that being fat is "Healthy"

Warning Fat Acceptance movement! CNN article stating that being fat is "Healthy"

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/03/opinion/wa...?hpt=hp_c3
This is a good example of twisting real science to further your agenda. If you read the study, it says that being slightly overweight is healthy, and the category for overweight is the ancient BMI scale which makes sense, since most nonathletic fit people do carry a bit of fat. I can't even read the full article, blag.

Quote:Quote:

Editor's note: Marilyn Wann is author of "FAT!SO?" and a weight diversity speaker internationally. She is the creator of Yay! Scales, which give compliments instead of numbers.
I simply can not believe it, the author of the article is completely batshit insane. First image of her on google is a typical myspace angel black and white tactic and old picture
[Image: wann-9903.jpg]
This is her without the touchups
[Image: Marilyn%20Wann-credit%20L.%20Garber.jpg]

Here's an actual quote from her's

being fat [is] just like [...] being short or tall, or black or brown. These are facts of identity that cannot and should not be changed. They are birthright.
[Image: fattitude.gif]
And this bitch declares herself a fit and fat person, she isn't fat at 285lbs & 5'4 she's fucking OBESE! Yet she still complains that the majority of health problems are caused by health equipment not catering to fat people. [Image: catlady.gif]
[Image: mindblown.gif]

This is another level...

Good someone brought this up....I was planning to post it myself. We have to keep countering the fat acceptance movement...obesity is spreading like a plague throughout the world....even in Russia it's starting to appear. Sad thing is that it seems guys are less susceptible, so the competition remains constant but the prize becomes scarcer.

The problem with obesity is that IT IS contagious.

Look at all the obese parents feeding junk to their kids making them obese.

As John F. Kennedy said

Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual

Next thing you know acting criminal or being inconsiderate need to be classified as birthrights. Better be nice to assholes, they were innocently born that way... Poor, precious assholes.

Quote: (01-04-2013 04:29 AM)Emancipator Wrote:  

[Image: Marilyn%20Wann-credit%20L.%20Garber.jpg]

No wonder she wrote such an article. If I looked like this, I'd be having trouble accepting reality too. I guess its easier for some to make up their own reality than to confront themselves in the mirror.

Wow

This version of the Yay! Scale offers compliments that are more suited to kids/teens (adults too). The dial displays Plush Size compliments.
[Image: MWYPS2-1_MED.jpg]

Quote: (01-05-2013 04:56 AM)shiznit Wrote:  

No wonder she wrote such an article. If I looked like this, I'd be having trouble accepting reality too. I guess its easier for some to make up their own reality than to confront themselves in the mirror.

[Image: 8UuPv.gif]