rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Most competitive gaming cities

I've noticed there's a lot of information on cities regarding the women. I'm trying to ascertain the level of competition though, I think it's important and gets overlooked.

Naturally, one would assume NYC & LA have the most competition. NYC, in the financial sector with all the hedge fund/Wall St guys, and LA having lots of guys who are attractive & in shape who go there for acting and whatnot.

I've lived in Chicago, and while it's a major city, the competition wasn't at the same level of NYC or LA. Lots of guys with beer guts, conservative style (or not caring at all) like they're still peewees, and a lot of Chicago Bears gear in the bars outside of fancy River North. There definitely are some wiseguys with game though.

If anyone can break it down...

NYC
LA
Miami

Wildcard cities: Have some interest in these as well.
Dallas
Atlanta
SF
Seattle

Which is the most competitive? I know they all have great looking women.

Add any other cities you would like

Big cities are THE LEAST competitive gaming cities. People MOVE INTO big cities in order to meet new people, mates, etc.

Go to a small town or small city (<300,000) where everyone's grown up there and never left and there are well-entrenched social circles since Kindergarten. That's where you'll find competition.

I see what you mean, but a lot of those smaller cities have less impressive guys though as well. Places where the "good guys" marry right out of college, and all the women complain about that.

No, that's not true. You're right in saying you're not going to get cockblocked by Leonardo DiCaprio but the bottomline is that cold approach is accepted at the meat markets in big cities. Small cities is all about social circle and you will have to fight against all a shitton of resistance from girls afraid of negative gossip, and guys who have had crushes on girls for the last 3 years and will do anything - lie to the girl, fight you - to prevent you from getting with her.

Either way, for big cities it's hard to generalize to say that one is more competitive than another. A quality about big cities is that they're comprised of many different neighborhoods with their own characters. So in NYC, if you're trying to game at high status places like the Waverly Inn and you don't belong to that class of wealthy people, you'll be fucked. But then go to LES to one of those dive bars & if that's your people, you'll do well.

Is the question a) where is the hardest to game in cold or b) what cities have the most high status dudes as competition?

a) small cities will be a problem

b) definitely more rich high status dudes with game in LA than in random small town x

What cities have the most across-the-board "total package" guys to compete with?

Looks, game, money

I'd say it comes down to LA vs NYC.

Putting LA and NYC in the same sentence is nuts. LA has actual problems, bad logistics, lots of rich dudes and pretentious personalities.

NYC... Show up... drink, don't dress like crap, live in manhattan. It's something like 3:1 single girls to guys.

Miami is much more comparable to LA

Basically for a city to "suck" for game, it needs bad logistics and ground zero feminism.

So no matter who you are, pack your bags and move to a large city where owning a car is not common. NYC would win.

With that said, Small towns are also terrible, because you're not going to be able to game much in a suburb... Then again why would you live in a suburb, just leave to a big city ASAP, life is too short for that.

What, no Toronto? Or is this US Cities only?

DC has gotten pretty bad in that you to bars now and there are simply no open sets, or the open sets are so fat and ugly you just don't feel like bothering. I'm focusing this year on activities (taking dancing and acting lessons). It's just not worth the money going to bars and clubs anymore.

Quote: (01-03-2013 10:55 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

Putting LA and NYC in the same sentence is nuts. LA has actual problems, bad logistics, lots of rich dudes and pretentious personalities.

NYC... Show up... drink, don't dress like crap, live in manhattan. It's something like 3:1 single girls to guys.

Yeah, most competition?

Los Angeles
San Diego
Orange County

The rest of the world is a joke on the competition front.

Why is LA more competitive than NYC? Is it because there are more in-shape guys?

I thought they would be about equal.

Quote: (01-03-2013 05:07 PM)stylishplayboy Wrote:  

Why is LA more competitive than NYC? Is it because there are more in-shape guys?

I thought they would be about equal.

NYC (manhattan specifically) has the best ratio of women to men of any major city in the country. So even though there are ultra rich guys there aren't nearly enough of them to go around for the abundance of women.

Only in Manhattan though (great if you can afford it), not entirely NYC.

http://nycedc.tumblr.com/post/1617565243...in-nyc-new

I've been to lots of major cities for long weekends so somebody who has lived in more places might have better perspective. That being daid DC or more specifically Arlington is thr highest competition IMO.

Sure there is more high end competition in markets like NYC or Miami but there are a slew of hot women. You can t leave out the supply end of the supply and demand.

If youre a believe in height, for some reason there are lots of tall cats in Arlington also. Im six one in a pair of boots and id feel short in the Arlington sausagefests. Dudes are 95% white and most have the same boring jobs (I know I was one of them). In the end though it come down to every bar having zero to two attractive girls if youre picky.

Quote: (01-03-2013 06:33 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

I've been to lots of major cities for long weekends so somebody who has lived in more places might have better perspective. That being daid DC or more specifically Arlington is thr highest competition IMO.

Sure there is more high end competition in markets like NYC or Miami but there are a slew of hot women. You can t leave out the supply end of the supply and demand.

If youre a believe in height, for some reason there are lots of tall cats in Arlington also. Im six one in a pair of boots and id feel short in the Arlington sausagefests. Dudes are 95% white and most have the same boring jobs (I know I was one of them). In the end though it come down to every bar having zero to two attractive girls if youre picky.

I wouldn't consider DC necessarily competitive, I just think it sucks ie low quality girl, bad ratios.

The guys there are dorks though. So they don't really give you "competition" per se.

The thing with LA, SD, OC is everyone had "something" going for them ie guys with CASH, Surfers, Pro Skaters, Actors, Models, Drug Dealers, Gangsters, Hoods, Rappers, R&B singers, Celebs, Brother of Celebs, Reality Star Dorks and 20 million types of "cool" cats.

Every guy from every sh*thole town in America voted "Best looking" in their High School moves there to become an actor.

You just don't get this type of stuff thrown at you on a day to day basis anywhere else.

And yes, if you are going for the Gold, you will compete with these guys on a day and night basis.

NYC of course has guys with money, but the sheer amount of girls overwhelms them. NYC is easy compared to Southern California.

LA & SoCal in general...because the guys are that much cooler than NYC?

It's being implied the NYC guys typically only have money going for them, and the LA guys have looks, social skills, game in general - things money cannot buy.

Quote: (01-03-2013 06:54 PM)stylishplayboy Wrote:  

LA & SoCal in general...because the guys are that much cooler than NYC?

It's being implied the NYC guys typically only have money going for them, and the LA guys have looks, social skills, game in general - things money cannot buy.

Sure.

Read what I wrote above.

You see a lot of the same people in NYC that you see in LA. NYC has a lot of everything too.

But NYC has way better ratios. The sheer volume of girls makes it easier.

Ask anyone on here that lives in LA, they will never tell you that the girls outnumber the guys.

I don't think Miami is really all that competitive.

It's easy to go to a club and be one of the only guys approaching, mostly because there tends to be more girls than dudes at the clubs.

It's even easier when you go to Broward because those dudes would rather watch women than talk to them.

I thought the LA gay population would be somewhat offsetting, especially given proximity of West Hollywood to Hollywood.

Quote: (01-03-2013 07:28 PM)jariel Wrote:  

It's easy to go to a club and be one of the only guys approaching, mostly because there tends to be more girls than dudes at the clubs.

It's even easier when you go to Broward because those dudes would rather watch women than talk to them.

Agreed.

Miami isn't too bad. The white cats in Miami are dorks. Some of the brothers, Euros and Latin cats can be smooth though.

You can get off "clean shots" in Miami for sure.

The trick to Miami is many times there are Mixed groups (Latin thing) so you have to infiltrate. Sometimes guys "lock down" girls in Miami.

Also, you get a little of the "Las Vegas Effect" in Miami, meaning that you get tourist guys coming in strong for a few days to blow all their CASH and go back to where ever they came from. But these guys are kind of chumps and hold little threat. Plus, Miami is a city where you have to know the rhythms of the streets, and these tourist guys rarely do. They are usually hesitant and tentative when the (Miami) Heat gets turned up in the kitchen.

But all in all, the sheer amount of fly girls negates any competitive factor.

It's a 100 times better than LA, OC or SD.

The toughness of Miami is location dependent.

Don't get me wrong if you don't know how things run down here you'll be a chum in a shark tank.

That being said, living down here has sharpened my game to the point where if I'm in another city, it seems much easier.

Throwing out logistics...

LA is bad, because the dudes generally have game & look better?

Where the other major visited cities, the guys are one standard deviation away from Revenge of the Nerds?

Pretty interesting assessment - if accurate.

Quote: (01-03-2013 03:06 AM)stylishplayboy Wrote:  

What cities have the most across-the-board "total package" guys to compete with?

Looks, game, money

I'd say it comes down to LA vs NYC.

Very few men have all 3 of these. The variable is GAME. If you have GAME you don't need to worry about competition - you will always get yours.

Logistics and quantity / quality of women aside

I have lived in the following 3 cities and I think you will be competing most against:

LA guys - looks and game
MIA guys - money and game
DC guys - money and looks

I don't know anything about Dallas, Seattle, Chicago etc...

Quote: (01-03-2013 07:44 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (01-03-2013 07:28 PM)jariel Wrote:  

Agreed.

Miami isn't too bad. The white cats in Miami are dorks. Some of the brothers, Euros and Latin cats can be smooth though.

You can get off "clean shots" in Miami for sure.

The trick to Miami is many times there are Mixed groups (Latin thing) so you have to infiltrate. Sometimes guys "lock down" girls in Miami.

Also, you get a little of the "Las Vegas Effect" in Miami, meaning that you get tourist guys coming in strong for a few days to blow all their CASH and go back to where ever they came from. But these guys are kind of chumps and hold little threat. Plus, Miami is a city where you have to know the rhythms of the streets, and these tourist guys rarely do. They are usually hesitant and tentative when the (Miami) Heat gets turned up in the kitchen.

But all in all, the sheer amount of fly girls negates any competitive factor.

It's a 100 times better than LA, OC or SD.

That was pretty much my point G. Ive never spent any serious time in SoCal so I cant speak for it. As for DC, if there are two attractive girls in the bar, its 100 dudes after two girls. Even if most guys are dorks, you'll be butting heads with the other top dudes in the entire bar. In Miami or NYC the dudes are overall no doubt higher quality, but this ceases to matter when nobody is fighting over the same quality girls, as there is plenty to go around.

You said you're making Sobe your homebase soon right?

Quote: (01-03-2013 09:34 PM)_DC_ Wrote:  

In Miami or NYC the dudes are overall no doubt higher quality, but this ceases to matter when nobody is fighting over the same quality girls, as there is plenty to go around.

Don't compare Miami guys to NYC guys.

New York guys are way more educated, so there's some actual paper, academic and fiat, behind them that Miami guys just don't have.

Miami is very is to understand once you understand that what you can see and what it actually is are two different things.

A lot of under 30 Miamians are still living with parents/family. Thus, its possible to have a little gig, like working at Publix, and with no rent to pay, you can blow your paychecks on a car note (328i-ish), insurance, and a little go out money once or twice a month (around paycheck time).

That is the illusion of having money.

What Miami dudes have over most is the physical aspect, but most of your gymrats are unemployed, so again we're back to the facade of Miami.

Consensus seems to be LA has the "highest game across-the-board" guys. Miami, I thought would have a lot too. Cold cities generally have more fatboys, NYC included.