rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best Place to Meet Women

Best Place to Meet Women

I am wondering what places you guys do best at meeting women. I use the gym, coffee shops, grocery store, because it seems that women in those situations have their guard down more than at the club. Bookstores also.

I literally just discovered a new technique yesterday. I purposely bump into, or crash my basket into theirs, or better, get them to bump into you. It gives me a chance to show I am a nice guy by apologizing, and starts the conversation in what seems to be a totally random way, rather than walking up and spitting a line. Thoughts?

Best Place to Meet Women

I haven't yet found a place better than the bar. I'm not saying i don't use coffee shops and bookstores, but with a selection of women in a bar who are usually wanting to meet a man, you get good value for your time.

That said, I live next to a retirement community, so the only people in the nearby starbucks or grocery store is well over 60. A bit discouraging.

Best Place to Meet Women

You seem to be unsatisfied with the perils of the modern bar (waiting in line for drinks, paying a lot for them, loud and smelly atmosphere).

Of course house parties are the holy grail of places to meet a girl, but finding them and getting invited to or crashing them is such a task. If only this wasn't true, there would be a better option than bars, but there isn't.

Best Place to Meet Women

I suggest volunteering. When I would volunteer at worst it would be 75% women/25% guys. Some times I would be the only guy along with 8 or 9 girls. Usually a couple of them are openly interested in meeting guys and you look great because you are helping kids or senior citizens or whatever you choose to do. And as was mentioned earlier in the thread, their guard tends to be down.

Best Place to Meet Women

That cart idea seems pretty damn good.

The beach is a good place. My boys and I usually screw around in the water for a while to check the scene, and then we try to get together a game of beach football, volleyball, or something like that. The girls around here are always up for it, and you get to show off your athletic abilities. Of course, you have other guys that get into the mix, but survival of the fittest no?

[Image: RingSigcopy.jpg]

Best Place to Meet Women

Quote: (08-12-2008 10:54 PM)Ben Kenobi Wrote:  

I suggest volunteering. When I would volunteer at worst it would be 75% women/25% guys. Some times I would be the only guy along with 8 or 9 girls. Usually a couple of them are openly interested in meeting guys and you look great because you are helping kids or senior citizens or whatever you choose to do. And as was mentioned earlier in the thread, their guard tends to be down.

I was thinking that too. Also depends on the kind of girl you're looking for. If you want a quick lay, then a meat-market bar or club would be the best bet. I think if you're looking for a serious girlfriend, then meeting someone through a volunteer organization sounds like a place. I just imagine the type of girl who does volunteer work to be more of substance than a club girl.

Best Place to Meet Women

Everywhere! [Image: biggrin.gif]

Best Place to Meet Women

Quote: (08-13-2008 10:32 AM)Dman Wrote:  

Everywhere! [Image: biggrin.gif]

Cosign.

Women are everywhere.

But i'd say the highest concentration of attractive, tipsy, sexually charged women are @ 1) dance clubs, 2) Bars. Ideally it's not a mega club, but a smaller event with a good/vibrant dance floor.

I love House Parties too, but that "scene" is hard to break into, especially if you're out of college, and don't live in a small town. And if it's a house party with people you know (co-workers), you've got social circle issues.

If you're in DC (MD or VA) and you like day game, you've also got a lot of "open to the public" functions. Way more than most cities.
- art galleries
- museums
- embassies
- Screen on the Green, Jazz @ the Library, Stuff on the Mall (although I don't really know how to easily work a seated set)
- National festivals (I've seen Japan, Turkey, and a Pork BBQ in the past year)

An under-utilized strategy if you like MILF's, are the hotel bars nearby the convention centers. If I knew where the Hostels were, I would look for nearby watering holes. Chicks that travel often have a Las Vegas attitude

Best Place to Meet Women

I stick mostly to bars, Clarendon, Dupont, and Adams Morgan.

Best Place to Meet Women

adams morgan has become almost useless on weekend nights, as opposed to weeknights when it still shines for pickup. you're better off skipping admo and heading down to U st.

Best Place to Meet Women

What are the spots I should be checking out on U street, I don't go there so much.

And, any particular reason for the AdMo weekend hate, I usually do okay at Reef and Tom Toms.

Best Place to Meet Women

Quote: (08-13-2008 04:29 PM)Mason Wrote:  

What are the spots I should be checking out on U street, I don't go there so much.

And, any particular reason for the AdMo weekend hate, I usually do okay at Reef and Tom Toms.

I think roissy is referring to Local 16 and Marvin

As for the weekend, places like the reef and tomtom are big sausage fests and the quality of women are not very good.

Best Place to Meet Women

Quote: (08-13-2008 09:08 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (08-13-2008 04:29 PM)Mason Wrote:  

I think roissy is referring to Local 16 and Marvin

As for the weekend, places like the reef and tomtom are big sausage fests and the quality of women are not very good.

I think I'll check out those two this weekend. By the way, bought and read your book Roosh, good stuff.

Best Place to Meet Women

Some of the most beautiful women i've seen in the area hang out in Adam's Mo on Saturdays and Sundays during the day (really most all of NW DC). I've recently made the move to gaming during the day as i'm upset at the quality of women that head out at night. It's far but a cool place to grab a lunch or beer when the sun's still out.

I'm about to try something new: volunteering at a Co-op. I want fresher vegetables and fruits and have a feeling some cute hippie chicks do to. We shall see. Also a little more local to me and my 30 minute commute from DC.

Best Place to Meet Women

Quote:Quote:

I want fresher vegetables and fruits and have a feeling some cute hippie chicks do to.

"Hey how can you tell what's a good **vegetable name** or not? I always get the duds."

Best Place to Meet Women

Maybe it's just the gyms I've belonged to or the times I tend to go there, but I don't get the gym pickup thing...

1. Mostly guys
2. Most women are older, nasty, there with a guy, or all of the above
3. When I work out, I actually work out... which means by the end I'm all nasty and sweaty. (Then again, I seem to sweat *way* more than anyone else I know -- regardless of what shape I am in, I sweat like a mofo)

The only way I can see getting anywhere at the gym would be to sign up for one of the classes, or perhaps belong to a "trendier" (read: more expensive for the exact same machines) gym.

Best Place to Meet Women

As for volunteering, I asked a girl I'm dating how she'd meet guys after college (I'm there too), and she said through volunteering. Problem with volunteering is often the pool is too small.

Quote: (08-16-2008 06:19 PM)zorgon Wrote:  

Maybe it's just the gyms I've belonged to or the times I tend to go there, but I don't get the gym pickup thing...
Classes seem like an attractive option. I've walked out of my gym before and seen attractive girls sitting outside waiting after classes (and saw the guys next to them and thought, Christ, why aren't you talking bro?). But being bossed around by some bitch with a headset and techno playing is pretty damn emasculating.

Best Place to Meet Women

It annoys me that in around 80% of the places I go to, there seems to be around 30%-40% minimum more guys than girls. I had heard that there were actually more girls in the country but the majoirty of bars and clubs just seem to be sausage fests, its a total nightmare.

Maybe its a location / England thing but it sure does suck.

I'm sure there are about a million hotties at home on their own that just stay in on weekends and knit or something.

Best Place to Meet Women

Quote: (08-22-2008 08:18 AM)rdj Wrote:  

It annoys me that in around 80% of the places I go to, there seems to be around 30%-40% minimum more guys than girls. I had heard that there were actually more girls in the country but the majoirty of bars and clubs just seem to be sausage fests, its a total nightmare.

Maybe its a location / England thing but it sure does suck.

I'm sure there are about a million hotties at home on their own that just stay in on weekends and knit or something.

Most of those guys play the wall.

Every where you go, it's
- group of girls - all standing together
- group of guys - all standing together
- a mixed group - all standing together

And as a group they react to other groups or the environment, but the interaction *between* groups is very low.

So even in a sausage fest, the vast majority of the guys aren't approaching women.

Best Place to Meet Women

Quote: (08-22-2008 10:47 AM)broken Wrote:  

So even in a sausage fest, the vast majority of the guys aren't approaching women.

Which translates as more women for me and my ilk. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Best Place to Meet Women

im trying to think of my recent experiences in finding plentiful amounts of women... but its all in the dance scene.
Im on the latin/brazilian (salsa,bachata,chacha,zouk,kizomba etc) dance scene... and theres always plenty of women.

Best Place to Meet Women

shaun are you in the dc area? if so i'd love to exchange notes about brazilian hangouts in the area

Best Place to Meet Women

sorry, in Australia. [Image: smile.gif]

Best Place to Meet Women

Ok what about the Gym?

I have seen women give me a look when they are on the leg squeeze machine. Maybe its because I'm staring at them. jk.

But I feel like a total sleazebag going up a woman on a machine. Am I wrong?

It's not champagne. It's really ginger ale and ripple. I call it...champipple.

Best Place to Meet Women

If you're playing the numbers then there's nothing better than a bar or maybe a mall (store mall). Anywhere else like the grocery store, library, gym, bookstore, or coffee shop would be okay if you're only looking to collect a number or two.