rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ultra Music Festival 2013

I've always wanted to check out Miami and I've been told to go to Ultra at least once in my life, so I am. I bought a couple of weekend #1 three-day passes with hopes of doing one of the following (most to least desirable):

1. Finding someone cool from the DC-area (or anywhere, really) who would want to come with me,
2. Giving someone the ticket in return for a reliable place to crash,
3. Selling the ticket to a random for some jacked up price in a few months and rolling solo.

Anyone planning on going or have some good info on the event? The only thing I know for sure is that I'm going to blow alot of cash.

I bought my ticket as well. Should be a great time.

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

i need to go to this, this year..or not at all. my friend has a condo there basically across the street from Bayfront Park or whatever....and is moving out of Miami in June. i'll probably wait until they release the lineups though and buy them off the black market/stubhub/whatever.

I would probably find a place to crash before you go. During march and especially during ultra Miami Beach its nut house. you cant find a hotel or anything unless you book a few months in advance and the shittiest place will still cost you 250+ not to mention what normally would take 5 min to drive across the bay now takes 45min to an hour to go all of about 2 miles. Ultra is crazy fun tho and lots of people are on molly and do stupid shit. I remember last year everyone was talking about this girl who was so high she started hooking up with a tree hhahaha

Swedish House Mafia going to play their last shows ever this year at the Ultra Fest. Line-up probably couldn't have started off better.

Quote:Quote:

ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL MAKES FIRST TALENT LINE-UP ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2013 WITH SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA’S FINAL PERFORMANCES OF THEIR CAREER

WITH OPENING AND CLOSING PERFORMANCES SET FOR MARCH 15 & 24
AT BOTH FESTIVAL WEEKENDS:
MARCH 15, 16 & 17 AND MARCH 22, 23 & 24, 2013 IN MIAMI, FL

One Last Tour…The Final Curtain…It had to be….Ultra Music Festival

For the international juggernaut known as SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA, it will end where it all began. The trio will wrap their final One Last Tour at both weekends of the 15th annual ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL, set for March 15, 16 and 17 and March 22, 23 and 24, 2013 at Bayfront Park in Miami, FL. They will bookend the festival with sets on the opening and closing nights of Friday, March 15 and Sunday, March 24, respectively. This marks a significant milestone in their incredible career together as ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL was where Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso made their SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA North American debut in March 2010.

”Ultra was the first place we really built a show for a main stage,” says SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA. “We filmed the whole thing and we played ‘ONE’ for the first time on that stage. It was a moment we would never forget and became the closing scene in our film, ‘Take One.’ The energy of the crowd was unbelievable and the fact that it’s part of Miami Music Week where so much new music is born made it even more special. It just felt right that we finished where so much was started and we’re honored to open and close the festival.”

This final stop of SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA’s One Last Tour will be highly emotional as the group bids farewell to their followers across the world and promises to create unrivalled memories for fans and them alike. After exploding on to the North American scene in 2010 at ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL with a main stage performance, the Swedes followed up their huge genre-defining club track “One” with the worldwide platinum-selling single “Miami 2 Ibiza” featuring Tinie Tempah, their first single to hit #1 on the Billboard club chart. Both tracks appeared on their 2010 compilation album Until One, which is still in the U.K. top 50 chart nearly two years after its release. The boys followed this with their second Billboard club chart topper and Grammy-nominated “Save The World” last summer, also a huge hit around the globe. They ended 2011 playing to 20,000 people at New York’s Madison Square Garden which sold out in a staggering nine minutes. This year has seen the release of the incendiary “Greyhound” and “Antidote” (a collaboration with Knife Party that reached #3 on the Billboard club chart) and in October SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA released their latest compilation album Until Now on Astralwerks. It rose to #4 on the iTunes album chart and debuted at #14 on the Billboard 200, marking the highest chart position and highest first week sales for a DJ-mixed album ever. The album debuted at #1 in the U.K. and top 10 in seven other countries. Until Now features the Swede’s third #1 Billboard club chart topper “Don’t You Worry Child” featuring John Martin, which is currently storming up the Top 40 charts. It recently hit #1 in the U.K., beating Adele’s “Skyfall.”

Limited tickets still remain for both weekends of ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL, exclusively at http://www.ULTRAmusicfestival.com.

http://www.ultramusicfestival.com/ultra-...ir-career/

ooooohhhh man

this looks like trouble!!!!!!!!!

[Image: icon_evil.gif]

I never made it inside the festival, but I did hang out on Biscayne Blvd. for the three days it was going on. It's a good time, but you need to be careful. The locals are looking for people to rip off, there are party goers looking to rip you off, the clubs jack their prices up to rip you off. Then there's the cops, don't even get me started on the cops.

Here are a few tips:

1) Hydrate as much as you can before you even get into the park. IIRC, they didn't allow people to bring water in and they charge out the ass for water inside. Even though it takes place in early April, it gets fucking hot. Since it's outside, the sun will take it out of you really fast if your insides aren't wet

2) Wait until the late afternoon to get your high on. It's a long fucking day, that turns into a long fucking night, which turns into a long fucking weekend. If you don't regulate yourself, you will fuck yourself. I saw one kid get talked out of his ticket on Friday night because he couldn't handle his acid.

3) Take as little as possible with you to the event. While most people that go are cool as fuck, there are people there that go to hustle and steal. There are thousands upon thousands of people there jammed ass to groin. Having a minimalist mentality will make it easier to get through security, and mitigate the risk of someone jacking your shit.

4) Bring a case of rubbers. There are a lot of hot, tight, and scantily clad young ladies that are getting fucked up and having a good time. A lot of them are veterans and have taken many dicks. Better safe than sorry.

5) Plan in advance. The earlier you get everything straight, the cheaper it will be. HOtel rooms fill up fast and get really expensive. There were a ton of kids sleeping under bridges. Don't be one of those people.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Who actually plans to go this year?

God I went last year...these girls dress so effing slutty and act the part. It was amazing last year and will be the same for any playa this year...

I am trying to go but cant find anyone to go with [Image: sad.gif]

Quote: (11-27-2012 07:50 PM)G Trooper Wrote:  

God I went last year...these girls dress so effing slutty and act the part. It was amazing last year and will be the same for any playa this year...

How was the guy /girl ratio? how was the after party hotel/club scene?

Quote: (11-28-2012 12:15 AM)Tornado Wrote:  

I am trying to go but cant find anyone to go with [Image: sad.gif]

Just roll dolo playa...the girls are surprisingly friendly at this event.

Quote: (11-30-2012 04:33 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

Quote: (11-27-2012 07:50 PM)G Trooper Wrote:  

How was the guy /girl ratio? how was the after party hotel/club scene?

I would say 60/40 girls to guys. I may be biased because I tend to block guys out of my RAS, plus many of the chicas are in bikinis/ other amazing skanky outfits.

I know that SoBe does several clubs events around this time, although my experience was strictly at the festival itself...

Many of the girls are drunk or in drugs, so make outs are very easy, maybe some ballers here can get even further. If you are a local or spending a couple weeks here, this event is prime for swooping girls numbers then going for a date later in the week.

really a great festival but cant go thistime...
music fest 2013

IRT? ^

Someone just posted at the Tommorowland festival just posted a meet-up thread...should we not do the same for Ultra? Imagine 10-12 RVF guys rolling through Miami int he middle of the day hitting up scantily clad rave girls...I think it'd be epic.

Who is actually going this year? I've got my tickets and I'm booking travel soon.

'Buni

You should have a good time. It's not really my scene and I always had to work during it. The people walking on South Beach that weekend are an interesting bunch. You see lots of people with "binkys" and eyes basically rolling in the back of their heads. One year at my work, someone was throwing money off the roof top into the pool, a guy who was rolling his face off jumped in to grab the money and started going into a seassure. His brother was there, who I also assume was rolling, and he started freaking out, yelling out, "Save my brother, save my brother!" The cops proceeded to taze the the poor man while he was watching his brother die. Pretty messed up stuff. Pretty sure the guy didn't make it.

On that note, like a couple others have stated, that week is MAD expensive. Minimum price you're gonna pay is around $250 for the most basic, shitty place. I'm sure they jack up prices at the festival and everywhere else too. I would honestly recommend WMC, but that's just more my style. Lots of cute and wasted girls in town that weekend.

This is all you need to see

I am the cock carousel

Ultra is alright. I wouldnt go expecting to swoop alot though. its craziness.

I am looking into going this year. Either that and/or Coachella. Will decide in the next month or so.

Tickets for Ultra weekend 2 is now sold out. Weekend one is still available.

Has anyone went to the VIP area? That place must be way easier to swoop and the caliber of women would be probably through the roof.

The only way I will be going (right now) is either if:
1) My buddy from Montreal who has a place in Miami confirms that he will be in town and that I can crash at his place

2) My buddy from Vancouver decides he wants to go and gets his Miami connection working for us

Fuck I am not paying $250 per night for some bullshit shithole hotel.

If anyone is down for meeting up, I would be interested.

"Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes and tricks"

I connected with a few miami locals I met this past summer in NYC and we are staying in a condo pretty close to the beach. I am flying out solo from NYC and plan on spending most of my time on my own - would definitely be down to meet up. Exploring solo at these events and wandering through the sea of people is one my favorite things to do. I have a ton of fun, make alot of friends, and definitely hit over .500.

I'm going the first weekend, PM me if you wanna meet up.

Does anyone remember this girl from ultra last year? lol

Who went this weekend? How was it?

I'm going to check it out today...

Quote: (03-17-2013 01:35 PM)G Trooper Wrote:  

Who went this weekend? How was it?

I'm going to check it out today...

Bring the Nutella.

I was waiting for him to say,"that'll be twenty bucks," instead of paying them.