rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Oktoberfest (Munich) Data Sheet

Alright, I'm a few days removed from Oktoberfest in Munich. Got there Monday night and left Thursday afternoon, so I spent 3 days/nights at Oktoberfest. Overall, it was a lot of fun and I would recommend this to someone as long as they like festival type atmospheres and of course beer. So let's get to it:

Lodging/Logistics:

My buddies and I (3 of us total) rented a one bedroom apartment about a 20 minute walk to the Oktoberfest entrance for 150/night. Very small apartment but it was nice and had a large balcony. I would however suggest trying to get as close as possible to the Oktoberfest tents for logistical pulling. The one bang I got, detailed below, would have been lost of the girl wasn't so horny because we got lost on the way out and it was too far to walk at that point. We used airbnb and booked in June and this was the best we could find that wasn't outrageously priced. So I would suggest doing whatever you can to be closer to the tents.

Airport/Metro:

From the airport, take the S1 or S8 towards the City and exit Hackerbrucke station. About 45 minutes or so to get in, you can buy your ticket at the info desk when leaving the airport. The machines to purchase tickets are annoying as hell to use. Once at that station, just follow the crowds to the Oktoberfest. Or go to your apartment if you are checking in first.

One tip: There is a Tmobile store right at the mall at the station where you can buy a SIM card for 9.95 Euro, with unlimited data, and about 15 euros worth of credit. I ran out just texting in 24 hours, so consider getting some more credit. However it was great popping this SIM into my iphone and having unlimited 3G data. I would be walking around and skyping people back in the US, checking emails, using the GPS, etc. Very helpful.

Tents:
All three days, we went to only one tent. Well two actually if you consider the "after hours" tent. The tent we went each day was the Schottenhamel tent. From talking to locals and young attractive girls, this tent along with the Hacker tent were the two party ones. This one in particular had a "slut" reputation to the extent there was one at Oktoberfest according to my friend who lives in Munich. It is massive, and it is hard to get any seating inside. So we sat outside mostly which is not bad as discussed below in the Strategy section.

The tents open sometime in the morning, and start getting packed by about 2-3pm, with making it very difficult to find a seat after 4pm. Lots of reservations too making it even more difficult. Finally, please realize I was there Mon-Wed, and I heard the weekends are exponentially more crowded.

Last call is at 10:30 at apparently most tents, and they kick you out by 11pm. This is when everyone goes to the Kaefer tent, which is the "after hours" tent if you will. I was pretty drunk by the time I got there every night, so it's hard to really remember what the crowd was like. I do know however that drunk ass girls show up there and are very friendly, so this is definitely worth a shot if you can't pull beforehand at the day tents.

Beers are 10 Euros each for a liter, pretty pricey. I forgot what the prices were at Kaefer tent but they have a full bar and it was still very pricey. I think 5 vodka tonics was 75 Euro or something outrageous like that.

Girls:

If you like breasts, you will love Oktoberfest. I am not a breast guy and I was simply yearning for tits the entire time I was there. The reason? These goddamn outfits are crazy. All the girls tits are pushed up so high and scrunched together they really look amazing. And you have young college girls showing the most amount of cleavage I've ever seen. I'll see if I can get a pic uploaded to show what I mean. In fact, my friend got yelled at by a girl when she asked him "why are you looking at my face, look at my tits I'm wearing this for a reason." Yes seriously that happened.

Demographics wise, there are people from all over and many different age ranges, which is why it is important to choose the right tent. The Schottenhamel tent had many German girls that seemed pretty young, I'd say 18-24 range. Mixed in however were lots of couples and older people. The Hacker tent apparently is all 18-26 but we got there too late to go on the last day as they closed it off already at 5pm.

German girls, at least in Bavaria range quite a bit from very very good to beastly. They do have great faces though. There were some stunner faces I saw throughout my stay. Most of them are very friendly and will speak with you, and were always impressed that I was from LA. They also smoke like chimneys, so it's a great way to break the ice by asking for a light. Lots of girls from surrounding countries too, like the Vienna girl I banged.

Very Important!! The girls tie their outfits bows either to the right or left of them. If it is on the left, they are single and down to party. If it's on the right, they are taken. A tip when you're drunk - extend out your right arm straight and you can grab the bow while facing her then she is single. How fucking great is that? Basically you know before you approach whether she is single or not. The funny thing was someone told me the opposite the first night so I was just hitting on the taken girls, oh well.

Finally, in terms of game Western style works perfectly fine. It did for me anyway. Lots of teasing, etc. Actually, one thing I will give credit to Roosh for and I forgot where he wrote about this, but I asked the girl I banged what guys were like in Vienna. She said they were very bad and had no self-confidence and were lame. So then I knew she liked foreign guys and also knew I should upcharge the confidence angle. Worked very well and is actually a great way to find out what turns girls off and if they are interesting in foreign guys.

Guys:

German guys are aggressive game wise (not fighting), good looking and seem to have some game, so you will be up against some competition - sort of - in that the girls there are probably going to like the fact that you are a tourist or not. But see below my buddy lost out to a german guy so you have to be weary.

People get obliterated at this place, so you will see a lot of guys literally being carried out. Get drunk but just not that drunk and you will see yourself best out some of the competition.

Strategy:

I heard varying stories from people banging in the tents to it being just a place to drink and forget about pulling. While I will say neither extreme was true, I do think it leans heavily towards the former - which is fantastic.

People were hooking up a lot from what I saw. From makeouts to leaving together. Here's what worked for us: Go sit at a bench somewhere outside, where people can smoke. Ideally, you want to find an empty bench but good luck with that. So you are left with two options. #1 - find a seat/seats next to girls you would like to fuck and sit down there. #2 - find any seats and hope the people next to you leave. What we did was once sit down in the middle of a group of girls that were already there, then second day sat down wherever we could find room. First night I banged the girl next to me, second night I could have done the same but she was not my style.

Once you are positioned next to a girl or girls you want to bang, just start chatting with them and realize you will be there for several hours next to these people. Drink, talk be friendly and run game like normal. My bang came from sitting next to some girls from Vienna, running game and touching here and there. Eventually our group left with these girls, and I took one back and my friend the other. On a quick side note, do we know anything about Vienna? These girls were cute to decent, very sexually forward and one even claimed the most ONS happen in Vienna. I'm seriously impressed.

One other thing you probably should do. German guys are quite aggressive, and so are most tourists after drinking so much. So it is a somewhat sly balance of being forward with your intentions with a girl. The one I banged an older dude was vying so hard for her, she had her arm around him, on his thigh, etc. I was kind of perplexed, she was calling him her husband and I couldn't believe this 50-60yo was going to outdo me for this 25yo cutie. So in a way to claim my territory, when she went to the bathroom I followed a few minutes later and just directly asked her what was up with the old dude, in a playful manner. Then I made out with her and she went back and kept milking the old dude for drinks while playing with my feet under the table. Eventually we left together she just thanked the old dude and we took off. Anyway, point is make your intentions known at some point, maybe at the 2-3 hour mark. It's a shit show as the day progresses and honestly I think girls go with the mindset of fucking someone so make your stake. Second night my buddy was working on a Swedish girl and she went home with the other german guy at our table because he was all over her and my buddy waited too long. I think a good tactic, because the girl will not likely just make out with you at the table, is to do what I did and follow her to the bathroom a few minutes after she leaves, pretend to run into her, then go for the makeout.

Finally, aside from the tables you can strike up conversations outside the tents or in our tent, I would go to the various entrances to the inside area where girls would come out and smoke. This was not as effective though because after the cigarette they would head back inside. I did get one number this way, very cute but as we know numbers are useless and never met up with her again. Do the table strategy if at all possible.

With respect to leaving the tents, this is where logistics are very important. The bang I got I almost lost, we went to the Kaefer tent and after some serious making out I told her let's go and she agreed. But we could not find our way out of the damn tents and it took 45 minutes to an hour to get back to my place. She actually told me we were going to have sex then after failing to exit the tent after 30 minutes she said let's just have sex tomorrow night. Obviously I said that's fine but still said let's go have a drink at my place then once here we banged. But make sure you know your way around, get it down pat how to exit quickly. I got lucky in a sense that she was so horny she still came over.

Sights/Things to Do:
Drink and bang. Save the sightseeing for another trip.

Conclusion:
This is my type of style. Beer, festivals, pre-screened girls who are single, not having to move, and persistence game. I really think it is relatively easy to pull from Oktoberfest, but as always your results may vary. But these girls come to get drunk, they are displaying their breasts to be looked at, and notify people of their singleness. That's a pretty good combination. It does take some luck/effort to get seated as required, but once that happens your are set pretty well at that point. Any questions, just ask. Oh, and fuck American girls. Once a year when I do this trip I remember how absurdly bad we have it back at home.

Good breakdown my fellow Angelino! The game seems pretty simple to run and I think the most valuable piece you dropped in there was that the smoking area is essentially useless since they will always go back inside and numbers do nothing in this environment.

Quote: (09-28-2012 10:48 AM)slubu Wrote:  

In fact, my friend got yelled at by a girl when she asked him "why are you looking at my face, look at my tits I'm wearing this for a reason."

I think a few RVF members have just changed their October 2013 plans after reading that.

Great report slubu. Man, I would've wanted to roll with you guys. I went solo last year and didn't enjoy it much; couldn't find the right group of guys (would've been random) with the right game mindset. And all the other reports almost unanimously show no love to southern Germany. Glad you had a great time and was able to take home that Vienna girl. If you're still around, there's always next week. Holla.

Nice report. I will be there for the last 2 days-- any thoughts on the prospect of rolling dolo?

Quote: (09-28-2012 12:05 PM)Qwest Wrote:  

Good breakdown my fellow Angelino! The game seems pretty simple to run and I think the most valuable piece you dropped in there was that the smoking area is essentially useless since they will always go back inside and numbers do nothing in this environment.

I did get a number, and not all go back inside so not sure if something can happen. I basically just approached 1 or 2 girls on my way to the bathroom each time. I don't normally have access to hot ass college girls so I just had to try to see if I could upgrade from what were at the tables already.

Quote: (09-28-2012 02:20 PM)NoShameAllGame Wrote:  

Great report slubu. Man, I would've wanted to roll with you guys. I went solo last year and didn't enjoy it much; couldn't find the right group of guys (would've been random) with the right game mindset. And all the other reports almost unanimously show no love to southern Germany. Glad you had a great time and was able to take home that Vienna girl. If you're still around, there's always next week. Holla.

Not around man, headed to other parts of Europe now.

Quote: (09-28-2012 08:08 PM)nmmoooreland20 Wrote:  

Nice report. I will be there for the last 2 days-- any thoughts on the prospect of rolling dolo?

I can't figure that out. It was a lot of fun having friends with me to drink with especially when you are doing a long stay it's easy to go back and forth with the girls and your friends in conversation. Although, this Australian guy met this French girl 10 minutes before they sat down at our table, kissed about 20 minutes after that and left in under an hour. So there's that...

Here's what I'm talking about with the tits. She had an overbite but seriously it was impossible not to stare at those gigantors.

[Image: YHNMT.jpg]

Then you had the super hot college girls who even when they are thin they push those out and it's just ridiculous.

Quote: (09-29-2012 12:02 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Here's what I'm talking about with the tits. She had an overbite but seriously it was impossible not to stare at those gigantors.

Then you had the super hot college girls who even when they are thin they push those out and it's just ridiculous.

Now picture that overbite on your dick while you fondle those titties...

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (09-30-2012 05:56 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Quote: (09-29-2012 12:02 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Now picture that overbite on your dick while you fondle those titties...

Yes she has a gentle face even with the overbite. She seems like she would a man happy for a night.

Gotta show some fanboy love for slubu-

He texted me a picture of the girl he banged and the older dude he mentioned competing with.

In the pic Slubu is off to the right smokin a cig looking cool. The girl has her arm wrapped around the older guy giving him 100% of her attention. Not even looking at Slubu. If you showed this pic to 100 people they'd all tell you she went home with the older guy.

Game. Recognized.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I spent 3 days over the weekend here to. I absolutely loved it, never had so much fun. Gaming is pretty easy here, everyone is drunk off their ass and there to have a great time. Your biggest enemy is going to be yourself and whether you can handle the booze, easier said then done especially if your with a bunch of rowdy mates and you start drinking at 10am. First day I got way too drunk too early, was falling asleep at the table. Second day I pulled a local girl from some club after Oktoberfest who spoke virtually no English. We were on our way back to mine when her fat friend appeared out of nowhere and wanted to go to maccas, mood was destroyed. At least they bought me some chicken mcnuggets.

I should point out too that it does get obsurdly packed over the weekend. Pretty much if your not inside a tent at a table by 11am then you dont have a chance in hell. Also I heard the ratio is much worse over the weekend (especially the middle weekend) because hoardes of Italian dudes drive up. The middle weekend is actually the unoffical Italian weekend. I think mid-week is a much better bet.

Pretty much if I'm in Europe I want to go to this every year if I can. This is one festival which is definetly NOT overrated in my opinion.

Great datasheet Slubu. I'm heading there myself with my boys this weekend. We are a huge group but will split into 2 groups of 4-5.
Is it possible to bang out in the woods behind the tents or something?

Quote: (10-01-2012 12:59 AM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Gotta show some fanboy love for slubu-

He texted me a picture of the girl he banged and the older dude he mentioned competing with.

In the pic Slubu is off to the right smokin a cig looking cool. The girl has her arm wrapped around the older guy giving him 100% of her attention. Not even looking at Slubu. If you showed this pic to 100 people they'd all tell you she went home with the older guy.

Game. Recognized.

Haha thanks man. That was before I marked my territory. After that I was relatively confident I had won.

Quote: (10-02-2012 05:19 AM)Nudge Wrote:  

I spent 3 days over the weekend here to. I absolutely loved it, never had so much fun. Gaming is pretty easy here, everyone is drunk off their ass and there to have a great time. Your biggest enemy is going to be yourself and whether you can handle the booze, easier said then done especially if your with a bunch of rowdy mates and you start drinking at 10am. First day I got way too drunk too early, was falling asleep at the table. Second day I pulled a local girl from some club after Oktoberfest who spoke virtually no English. We were on our way back to mine when her fat friend appeared out of nowhere and wanted to go to maccas, mood was destroyed. At least they bought me some chicken mcnuggets.

I should point out too that it does get obsurdly packed over the weekend. Pretty much if your not inside a tent at a table by 11am then you dont have a chance in hell. Also I heard the ratio is much worse over the weekend (especially the middle weekend) because hoardes of Italian dudes drive up. The middle weekend is actually the unoffical Italian weekend. I think mid-week is a much better bet.

Pretty much if I'm in Europe I want to go to this every year if I can. This is one festival which is definetly NOT overrated in my opinion.

Makes me even happier that I didn't go during the weekend. Very true about pacing yourself, I went overboard night 1 too and probably lost out on some opportunities. Girls just seem super horny there..have their tits out, are drunk, and so on.

Quote: (10-02-2012 07:45 AM)capote Wrote:  

Great datasheet Slubu. I'm heading there myself with my boys this weekend. We are a huge group but will split into 2 groups of 4-5.
Is it possible to bang out in the woods behind the tents or something?

Actually, I think so AFTER they close all the tents at night. It is a ghost town after 11:30 or so and you can probably sneak out behind somewhere and go at it. The girl that I bounced actually wanted to have a quickie somewhere but since I thought I'd be home in about 10 minutes I just said let's go.

Great post Slubu, +1. Think you really captured Oktoberfest, and gave great concrete advice.

The only thing that seemed strange was how aggressive you described the German guys. I've had numerous German girls complain to me how German guys are very passive, too politically correct, not aggressive enough. I've spent entire nights in clubs and bars in Berlin and Munich without seeing even one guy cold approach a girl.

Maybe it just takes a certain level of drunkenness to get them to that point.

Just got back after 3 days of just winging it, awesome time and I highly recommend it, especially during the middle of the week, much less of a crowded shit show then. I linked up with NoShameAllGame (I'll just abbreviate his screen name as NSAG)through the meetups section, really cool guy, an Asian approach machine. I would also recommend dressing up a bit too, you don't need to spend 100 Eur on the full lederhosen kit, but all the girls are dressed up and it helps you get more into the spirit of everything and makes you look more fun. I just had on one of those checkered shirts in bright blue, kind of form fitting to help show off my gym time and to encourage girls to feel up on me, haha. NSAG picked up one of those green felt hats and angled it like Sinatra.
If I remember correctly, we hit the Schottenhamel tent first but couldn't find anywhere to sit so we went next door to the Hacker tent, which seemed to have a more chill vibe to it. We found some space at a table with a large mixed group of Germans. (Pro Tip- in Germany, they can almost all speak English, but try to open groups with a couple words of German so they wont think you're a prick). I think there were 4 girls at the table, and it turned out only one was single, but it was a cool group and it would have been too much work to find a different table, so I plowed ahead and ended up at her apartment for the close. NSAG, if I remember correctly, had chased down something with blond hair and big titties, so we parted ways.
Day 2- I stumbled out of that last girls apartment and made my way to the U-Bahn (subway) and figured out where I was and how to get back to the tents (Pro Tip- if your traveling with no accommodations, you can kind of use the bag storage lockers as a base of operations to keep toiletries and fresh underwear, etc). I went back to the Hacker tent and met some South Africans and hung out with them and ended up going back to this massive party campsite full of Brits and Aussies etc, I was actually kind of exotic as an American, it was run by a company called Stoke Travel if anyone wants to look into it. It was kind of a raver/backpacker scene and I'm pretty sure I was there a year earlier in the exact same scenario and hooked up with an Aussie girl, but no real luck this time. I had fun but froze my ass off!
Day 3- Went with the South Africans to the Hofbrau tent and got a seat inside and had a good time (again), I did that thing where you stand on the table and slam a whole mass (1L beer) while everyone in the whole tent cheers you on, pretty proud of myself for that one! Lots of girls everywhere in that tent, but a lot of Americans too. I got split up from that group because I let this cute Aussie girl drag me around for a bit, but I started noticing a little bit of that US style bitchy sense of entitlement that's so prevalent in the Anglosphere, and she wanted to walk around holding my hand and shit all day which I was not having, so I bounced. Later in the train station I saw a set of 3 cute girls and one guy all dressed up, so I went with them to get drunk. The night was kind of a blur but we went to a couple different clubs and I ended up getting a bathroom bj from one of the girls, so that was fun. After that I took the train home at about sun up, as I was in bad need of a shower laundry and sleep.

Upgrayedd. Which he spells thusly, with two D's, as he says, "for a double dose of this pimping".

Quote: (10-06-2012 07:21 AM)Kafka Wrote:  

Just got back after 3 days of just winging it, awesome time and I highly recommend it, especially during the middle of the week, much less of a crowded shit show then. I linked up with NoShameAllGame (I'll just abbreviate his screen name as NSAG)through the meetups section, really cool guy, an Asian approach machine. I would also recommend dressing up a bit too, you don't need to spend 100 Eur on the full lederhosen kit, but all the girls are dressed up and it helps you get more into the spirit of everything and makes you look more fun. I just had on one of those checkered shirts in bright blue, kind of form fitting to help show off my gym time and to encourage girls to feel up on me, haha. NSAG picked up one of those green felt hats and angled it like Sinatra.
If I remember correctly, we hit the Schottenhamel tent first but couldn't find anywhere to sit so we went next door to the Hacker tent, which seemed to have a more chill vibe to it. We found some space at a table with a large mixed group of Germans. (Pro Tip- in Germany, they can almost all speak English, but try to open groups with a couple words of German so they wont think you're a prick). I think there were 4 girls at the table, and it turned out only one was single, but it was a cool group and it would have been too much work to find a different table, so I plowed ahead and ended up at her apartment for the close. NSAG, if I remember correctly, had chased down something with blond hair and big titties, so we parted ways.
Day 2- I stumbled out of that last girls apartment and made my way to the U-Bahn (subway) and figured out where I was and how to get back to the tents (Pro Tip- if your traveling with no accommodations, you can kind of use the bag storage lockers as a base of operations to keep toiletries and fresh underwear, etc). I went back to the Hacker tent and met some South Africans and hung out with them and ended up going back to this massive party campsite full of Brits and Aussies etc, I was actually kind of exotic as an American, it was run by a company called Stoke Travel if anyone wants to look into it. It was kind of a raver/backpacker scene and I'm pretty sure I was there a year earlier in the exact same scenario and hooked up with an Aussie girl, but no real luck this time. I had fun but froze my ass off!
Day 3- Went with the South Africans to the Hofbrau tent and got a seat inside and had a good time (again), I did that thing where you stand on the table and slam a whole mass (1L beer) while everyone in the whole tent cheers you on, pretty proud of myself for that one! Lots of girls everywhere in that tent, but a lot of Americans too. I got split up from that group because I let this cute Aussie girl drag me around for a bit, but I started noticing a little bit of that US style bitchy sense of entitlement that's so prevalent in the Anglosphere, and she wanted to walk around holding my hand and shit all day which I was not having, so I bounced. Later in the train station I saw a set of 3 cute girls and one guy all dressed up, so I went with them to get drunk. The night was kind of a blur but we went to a couple different clubs and I ended up getting a bathroom bj from one of the girls, so that was fun. After that I took the train home at about sun up, as I was in bad need of a shower laundry and sleep.

I'm at the fest right now. Wheres this campsite rave??

I was in Oktoberfest for Wednesday from about 3 pm until the evening. It was great to hang out with Kafka - I can open, but I'm no good at closing. I listen to a lot of what former PUA David DeAngelo said about hanging around guys that you want to emulate and learn from than just reading about it. Like hanging around with professionals that could surf than just reading about surfing on the internet, if you wanted to surf.

I can't stress enough about pacing yourself on Wiesn, even if you're that thirsty for that sip of beer. I checked my iPod today and I have a dozen numbers/emails/FB, half from girls, but I can't even remember enough to put a face to a name, let alone a number.

In any situation, it's all on you to turn the situation in your favor. That blonde chic Kafka mentioned at the end of Day 1 ended up having a bf and German dudes cockblock hard when they feel threatened that you're 1-uppin' them (in my experience). Went to some after-hour tent but by about 11:30 pm - 12:00 am, those tents close too. Everyone's headed to the club and I was walking out with this group of German girls that I opened up (everyone's wasted) and we got to the taxi van but the 2 dudes they were with were like, there's no room in the van. I was on my own by that time and didn't want to cause trouble (been in a street fight and to the hospital once too many). Walked back to the train station and took the train back. Clubs were packed along the way.

Again, Oktoberfest, I'm neutral about it, because it's more on me to learn to make that strong connection and close. Looking forward to learning and hanging out with Kafka and others from the community in the future.

Oh yeah, Oktoberfest is expensive. 10 euros a Mass, you're not going to drink just 1.

Some German girl on Facebook just sent me a FB message saying she has my green felt hat and she's digging it and she'll definitely give it back. Bavarian girls - they want to have fun and still be the paragon of responsibility.

I'd definitely say Oktoberfest is more suited to closers than openers, just because in the environment you are in opening is a natural occurrence.

Im taking a side trip for food and beers at hofbrauhaus right now. Gameplan is to roll back to the Wiesse for some end game action

Ended up bringing a cute blondie soccer chick from dortmund back from hofbrauhaus. She had to leave after to meet back with her friends from her "camp" to drive, which worked out well as I then ventures out to Pacha for some late night game. Some good interactions but in the end double trouble was not in the cards tonigt. Shame cause tomorrow i switch from a single hotel room to like a 10 bed hostel or something. Oh well, im hyped for what a full day of oktoberfest brings, esp since i can get there early enough for tent action. If anyone is planning to roll thru, tommorrow, let me know.
Ill be there early.

Great post Slubu. Wishing I could teleport to Octoberfest. My buddy showed me some pics of a Bavarian girl he recently hooked up with. Gorgeous. Brown hair + blue eyes + pretty face is a good look.

Here's a giant gallery of boob and party pics.

http://gigapica.geenstijl.nl/2012/10/okt...2012.html/

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (10-08-2012 01:04 PM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Here's a giant gallery of boob and party pics.

http://gigapica.geenstijl.nl/2012/10/okt...2012.html/

Nice pics.

And how come when German girls say the name of the Oktoberfest outfit (dirndl), it always sounds like 'dildo'?

OKTOBERFEST 2018

Would it be too late now to arrange for accommodation for the festival at this point? Came across the post below.

Quote: (06-21-2015 10:46 AM)Deluge Wrote:  

So JWLZG and I were looking at going to this years Oktoberfest, but the prices are so exorbitant that we're not going to bother. I'm talking $400+ a night for a place on airbnb, $150+ a night for a bed in a 12 person hostel dorm, not necessarily even close to the Wiesn. We really should've booked something 6 months ago but we didn't even know either of us would be in Europe, so such is life.

We're keen on the idea of going to a similar German beer festival/fair though, I guess the idea of busty babes in dirndl's is too appealing. We've done some Google'ing and the biggest two seem to be Stuttgart Cannstatter Volksfest and the Bremen Freimarkt, both of which are convenient for us to fly to and would actually be majority German. Unfortunately there is no info on either of these on RVF even though they seem to be massive events. Does anybody know which would be funner and better gamewise, or know of any better Oktoberfest alternatives on in Autumn/Winter?

Needless to say there's beer in it for you.

It looks like even visiting the city for the after party experience and seeing the sights would not be worth it. Any thoughts on how other southern cities like Stuttgart and Nuremberg might fare during this period for the foreigner?

As an aside, there have been comments that if you are into meeting German girls, being more latin or having that tanned Meditteranean look does not confer any advantages in Germany? Has that been your experience in Southern Germany during this festive period?

Do feel free to add other related info on this year's oktoberfest or organize meetups here. Cheers.

This year will be my 8th Oktoberfest in 11 years.

Best advice= can't stress this enough. Do not go on a Friday through Sunday. Just don't. I can write 3 paragraphs on the reasons why not. Go on a Monday or Wednesday, and have the best Monday of your life. Be in some other awesome city on the weekend, and enjoy that city.

Now, to answer your question. It's not too late to book accommodations. On 2 previous trips I've stayed longer then my plans and gotten very reasonable hotel prices only days before. Stay near the main train station, and you'll be fine.