rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Eating potato chips and cookies

The only time I eat these are when I'm on the go. I know both cookies and potato chips are to be avoided, but I am unable to find any snack that's cheaper, other than cashew nuts and peanuts (these two are obviously healthy). What do you people eat on the go?

Hard boiled eggs. Fruit. Almonds.
But I've found that eating paleo makes snacking less necessary. The quality of hunger changes from needing something NOW to a vague realization that some food might be necessary sometime.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

Quote: (09-25-2012 12:41 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

But I've found that eating paleo makes snacking less necessary. The quality of hunger changes from needing something NOW to a vague realization that some food might be necessary sometime.

I eat hard-boiled eggs at home, but I can't eat 'em when I am out, as they aren't sold anywhere. I can certainly eat fruits like banana or apple.

I eat roasted sunflower seeds as a snack. Whole, I dont take the trouble of peeling them.

Real food is always cheaper.

Sunflower seeds are dirt cheap.

Fruit is cheap at times.

Make your own granola with oats, nuts, honey, brown sugar and raisins.

Carrots are cheap. I eat them whole, skin and all. No need for fancy carrot sticks.

A Bell pepper is about 75 cents. I take a whole Red one and eat it like an apple. Toss it into my bag and don't have to worry about it.

I like to snack on Dates also.

You just need to re-organize your self. There's always time in a day to eat well and it always costs less. Those chips are full of air, your paying a premium for that stuff. Real food is always cheaper.

Sun flower seeds, yogurt, peanuts, fruit, cottage cheese (just throw some pineapple chunks in with it), and canned tuna.

Throughout the day I do mixed nuts (men's health blend - unsalted), bananas, grapes, dry granola cereal, yogurt (activia or greek). I'd mix in more juices and smoothies, but it's just a hassle to do that at work.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Trail mix of nuts, dried fruit and thin sliced biltong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biltong). Not ridiculously high in carbs if you are into paleo, but high enough to give you some energy when you're on the move. High in protein and fat.

You gotta put Doritos in the middle of a cream cheese bagel.
....and chase it down with a big ass coffee.
That's some good shit right there [Image: thumb.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (09-25-2012 10:19 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

There was a time when I'd regularly down a whole bag of Doritoes. Never got fat, but my digestive system hated me for it. I swear they're addictive.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Good suggestion. I suggest a protein shake made with coconut milk.

Anyways you should only gorge on cookies when you visit your mom/grandma because we all know that's what's up.

What about dry fruits?

Sometimes I eat a few handfulls of homemade granola. I'll post a recipe when I'm at work later, it really is the best fucking granola you've ever had...

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-3598-page-3.html

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I generally snack on nuts and fruit, but on occasion I have a jones for some chips. And I eat a huge bag of them. On rare occasions, I'll eat some chocolate chip cookies. I'll carry granola bars with me to snack on when I'm out and about also.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Lance Crackers, the whole grain ones are a decent fiber source. I like beef jerky but it's damn expensive.

Quote: (09-25-2012 12:44 AM)AlbertoDelMuerto Wrote:  

Quote: (09-25-2012 12:41 AM)RawGod Wrote:  

I eat hard-boiled eggs at home, but I can't eat 'em when I am out, as they aren't sold anywhere. I can certainly eat fruits like banana or apple.

I coach many friends and family on weight loss and eating healthfully through paleo. I' ve watched people transform from slobs with a host of medical problems, to badass people. Male and female. But, the moment they say they can't, i drop them.

You can boil some eggs at home and take them.

What you're saying is you won't.

Drop the excuses

Quote: (09-25-2012 10:22 AM)presidentcarter Wrote:  

Quote: (09-25-2012 10:19 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

There was a time when I'd regularly down a whole bag of Doritoes. Never got fat, but my digestive system hated me for it. I swear they're addictive.

Agreed. I am addicted to those damn things. Doritos Zesty cheese should be put on the list of banned substances. I think the longest I've gone without it has been a week. I always kill a bag in one sitting too. Pretty sure chips are the WORST snack you can have. Not good fuel for your system.

Anyway, as far as snacks go try peanut butter. Just a tea/table spoon. Don't go over board. It is high in protein and good fats which will keep you full, longer. Another recommendation would be fat free cottage cheese. If you can stomach it, that is. Shits gross but the nutritional value is great. I was told that the type protein in cottage cheese (called casein I think?) either takes longer to break down than regular protein or it expands when consumed. Something like that. Anyway, like peanut butter it will keep you full for longer.

Almonds, walnuts, strawberries, and blackberries

I don't snack at all, outside of the odd beer. Just try not snacking, you'll get accustomed to it in a week or two.

Quote: (09-25-2012 10:14 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Trail mix of nuts, dried fruit and thin sliced biltong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biltong). Not ridiculously high in carbs if you are into paleo, but high enough to give you some energy when you're on the move. High in protein and fat.

I ate almost half a kg of biltong today, along with a stick of Droewors. Having SA heritage definitely has its benefits in the tasty food dept.

try fruit like oranges or apples

when i worked in an office i kept disposable cups and spoons and would have protein shakes by just keeping a bag of whey protein in my drawer.

i also had chia seeds which are great for you(high in omega 3) also they dont go bad and need refrigeration like whey protein so with that i just add water mix and wait a min or two then eat it with a spoon

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Didn't you see Roosh's "feed bag" ?

Looks like alot of nuts and some berries and raisins..

http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com...0356_7.jpg

I was just schooling some cooks on how to cook a perfect hardboiled egg, thought I'd share the data:

Put some eggs in a pot, ideally in a single layer. Cover the eggs with approxiamately 1" of COLD water. This is crucially important as putting more water than this will fuck up the time/heat transfer and render this recipe useless.

Put the burner on high. Hopefully you have a pretty powerful burner, otherwise that too could fuck up this recipe. Once the water comes to a rolling boil (not a simmer, not a 'gentle bubble') set a 2 minute timer. Once the 2 minutes is up, turn the heat off, let the eggs sit in the water, and set a 7 minute timer. After 7 minutes, gently drain the eggs and run cold water over them. Once the eggs are cool enough to handle, remove from water.

Couple tips about peeling eggs:

1) Eggs are easier to peel if they're a few days old
2) Eggs are easier to peel if they're lukewarm, not ice cold. That's why if you want to eat some eggs right after you boil them, only run cold water over them until they're lukewarm, not cold. Once cooked, hardboiled eggs will keep well for up to 5 days in the fridge.

Different altitudes and burners can produce different outcomes. You might need to adjust the time by 30 seconds to a minute in either direction. You basically want a soft center, not dry and chalky, and DEFINITELY none of that grey sulfure layer.

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

I try never to snack. Your body gets used to it and you're not constantly bothered by your stomach to feed it at odd times.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.