rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

International playboys - end of an era

I know the times are different, and I know that these guys played in an entirely higher social class than most of us, but nevertheless it is interesting to note how almost effortlessly they did it with style and panache - something that can't be bought today.

Luckily it can still be taught today.

Hence, I am joining some of you who in your posts advise those entering the game to broaden their sociocultural horizons and work on becoming truly well-rounded players, perhaps to some degree of similarity to the guys described in the linked article.

At the same time I recognize that such task is almost unnecessary since idiocracy is very much today's American reality (but also near-universal trend). Not only is any cultural awareness/reflection usually seen as "faggoty" among average American men themselves, but try talking to an average dumb American bitch about anything that her little mind can't comprehend (that is, anything beyond shoes, shopping, and reality shows), and you are almost assured to eventually be hit with the "eww, creepy" line somewhere in her conversation. To be sure, in the past the women were still stupid, but at least they were in their places, they were quiet, and obedient, and listened to you intently, and batted their eyelashes like the dolls they were.

I wish I could have played in the era when these guys did:

"Those international jet setters who once roamed the polo fields, ski slopes and azure harbors of the world—always landing the girls of everyone's dreams—are gone. .."

Death of a Playboy

Great article.

Quote: (09-22-2012 07:52 AM)Gaston Wrote:  

I know the times are different, and I know that these guys played in an entirely higher social class than most of us, but nevertheless it is interesting to note how almost effortlessly they did it with style and panache - something that can't be bought today.

Luckily it can still be taught today.

Hence, I am joining some of you who in your posts advise those entering the game to broaden their sociocultural horizons and work on becoming truly well-rounded players, perhaps to some degree of similarity to the guys described in the linked article.

At the same time I recognize that such task is almost unnecessary since idiocracy is very much today's American reality (but also near-universal trend). Not only is any cultural awareness/reflection usually seen as "faggoty" among average American men themselves, but try talking to an average dumb American bitch about anything that her little mind can't comprehend (that is, anything beyond shoes, shopping, and reality shows), and you are almost assured to eventually be hit with the "eww, creepy" line somewhere in her conversation. To be sure, in the past the women were still stupid, but at least they were in their places, they were quiet, and obedient, and listened to you intently, and batted their eyelashes like the dolls they were.

I wish I could have played in the era when these guys did:

"Those international jet setters who once roamed the polo fields, ski slopes and azure harbors of the world—always landing the girls of everyone's dreams—are gone. .."

Death of a Playboy

I swear this is a dupe too.

Hah, really? Anyway, the Forbes site has a list of suggestions on how still to become one.

It starts with getting off the Internet, and losing them six packs (as in abs!)

How You Can Bring Back the International Playboy

Quote: (09-22-2012 09:53 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

I swear this is a dupe too.

Yup. Please use the search feature before posting (especially older) articles.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-11456.html

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter