rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where is your confidence on scale 0- 10?

Where is your confidence on scale 0- 10? When 0 is having panic attack just asking a female assistant for sugar in grocery store and 10 is totally fearless like being able to approach girls in groups, with parents, in front of other people with zero anxiety.

Mine is usually 6, there are days it’s like 5, other day I can be like 8.
6 is an average.

Quote: (09-19-2012 03:01 AM)starmaze Wrote:  

Where is your confidence on scale 0- 10? When 0 is having panic attack just asking a female assistant for sugar in grocery store and 10 is totally fearless like being able to approach girls in groups, with parents, in front of other people with zero anxiety.

6 is an average.

Depends on the context. I'm a 9-10 when speaking to crowds, even very large ones (I've done a couple speeches to groups of 500+) but that come from 4 years of practice from debating competitions where I mainly did off the cuff rebuttals in my role. With daygame I'm more like a 6 until I get into the zone, but once I'm in it, 8-9. The switch between those two states can happen almost instantly once it all "clicks" for me. House party game is very different because I'll already know 90% of the girls there, but with new girls it's 8-9 if I've had a couple shots which I usually do pretty early on. Though I'm convinced the confidence boost from alcohol is actually a placebo effect at such low levels. Or maybe I'm just a lightweight [Image: dodgy.gif]

Quote: (09-19-2012 04:46 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Quote: (09-19-2012 03:01 AM)starmaze Wrote:  

6 is an average.

Depends on the context. I'm a 9-10 when speaking to crowds, even very large ones (I've done a couple speeches to groups of 500+) but that come from 4 years of practice from debating competitions where I mainly did off the cuff rebuttals in my role. With daygame I'm more like a 6 until I get into the zone, but once I'm in it, 8-9. The switch between those two states can happen almost instantly once it all "clicks" for me. House party game is very different because I'll already know 90% of the girls there, but with new girls it's 8-9 if I've had a couple shots which I usually do pretty early on. Though I'm convinced the confidence boost from alcohol is actually a placebo effect at such low levels. Or maybe I'm just a lightweight [Image: dodgy.gif]

yes, it depends on context, anyway question was related to daygame mainly.

i have similar experience with sudden state shift; i can be 5 in 2th set and 8 in 3th 5 minutes later.

I think I average somewhere around a 7-7.5

I'll approach sober, and solo, but I don't tend to go for girls in huge mixed groups or girls who are obviously with guys. I'll do it, but I get a little apprehensive and it probably shows, which is something I need to work on. I don't escalate quite soon enough, and I don't sack up with reality destroyers often enough.

This time last year I think I was probably a 5.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

it varies. when i'm not familliar with or i'm new to some situation i feel less competent therefore less confident.

Mine is generally at 8 or 9. Being overconfident, however, can be very dangerous.

Quote: (09-19-2012 08:44 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Mine is generally at 8 or 9. Being overconfident, however, can be very dangerous.
How so?

Quote: (09-19-2012 08:44 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

How so?

Well I suppose you probably wouldn't have much of a problem, but I had a friend once try to take on an MMA fighter at a bar, and he got sent to the ICU for two weeks.

Quote: (09-19-2012 09:07 AM)Hades Wrote:  

How so?

Well I suppose you probably wouldn't have much of a problem, but I had a friend once try to take on an MMA fighter at a bar, and he got sent to the ICU for two weeks.
Whole story?

I don't know. I don't give a fuck how a woman responds to my approaches. I've been rejected so many times it doesn't matter. Rejection is the norm...acceptance is the exception

My confidence was never a problem, even for the few years I was an obese fuck.

My problem was charisma, at least during my 20s.

Charisma > confidence.

Confidence, probably a 9; charisma a 6 because of high IQ and lack of filter. Need to work on it as I get older, my dad (at 72) is a charisma natural (a 10, easily).

My confidence level is 2/10. WNB!

Quote: (09-19-2012 09:31 AM)tenderman100 Wrote:  

I don't know. I don't give a fuck how a woman responds to my approaches. I've been rejected so many times it doesn't matter. Rejection is the norm...acceptance is the exception

So do you expect her to reject you when you are approaching her? I think this is the reason I get so poor responses. I think that on some subconscious level we project our expectations on people.

(Spinal Tap reference because I'm older than you punks)

Quote: (09-19-2012 11:09 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

My confidence level is 2/10. WNB!

Your hair is too pretty. Would bang.

I would say I am in the 2-3 range.

I tend to take rejection too personal. I need the work on this.

Quote: (09-19-2012 10:27 AM)ABDada Wrote:  

My confidence was never a problem, even for the few years I was an obese fuck.

My problem was charisma, at least during my 20s.

Charisma > confidence.

Confidence, probably a 9; charisma a 6 because of high IQ and lack of filter. Need to work on it as I get older, my dad (at 72) is a charisma natural (a 10, easily).

Same thing with me. I would rate my confidence at 7 while Charisma at a 4 and 5 maybe on a good day.

One of the main things that I'm working on right now is learning how to be more compelling to not only women, but to people in general. Push myself to the forefront and become noticeable.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.

Quote: (09-19-2012 11:36 AM)jdelisi Wrote:  

I would say I am in the 2-3 range.

I tend to take rejection too personal. I need the work on this.

in 2-3 i wouldn't be able to cold approach sober. And if i did, i would get heart attack.

Over 9000.

What, no poll?

Cold approach in unfamiliar environment.

Working on it though.

Quote: (09-19-2012 09:10 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (09-19-2012 09:07 AM)Hades Wrote:  

How so?

Whole story?

My friend and this MMA guy (he's not professional but he's stacked) were already on bad terms over sending girls text messages. It had been going that way for a couple of months, they were basically chasing the same group of girls.

These two dudes accidentally met at the bar and the MMA guy said something like "How was my sloppy seconds, man?" So apparently my friend got really pissed off and shoved the MMA fighter into the bar and called him a "stupid f***** n*****r" in front of everybody, so the MMA guy literally grabs my friend and hurls him out into the street, then used his head like a speed bag against the asphalt until a couple of dudes pulled him off. My buddy said he didn't remember any of it. These days a lot of people think he survived a car accident, because you can still see road rash where his eyebrows should be.

I just figured that my friend was confident that the MMA guy wouldn't kick his ass, or that he stood a chance in the fight. I would have just politely left. Haven't seen either of them in a long time.

your friend didn't understand that keeping his ego in check is very often best way to win. but we all have this stupid urge to always have the last word

over 9000

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.