rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Beard Poll

The Beard Poll

Since our host is a hairy guy enjoying a lot of success with the opposite sex and since a girl recently admired my unshaven face while saying "I wish I could put a beard on every man" I wonder how many of us here are shaving and how many are not.

To keep it simple there's only one facial hair answer, and it includes everything from Sikh elder beard to slight moustache.

The Beard Poll

It crazy that the beard has came back. I am trying to think when and I think Hangover created that look. Basketball players are rocking it and now even R&B singers (Usher and Miguel). I was doing the goatee from 05-10 then started rockin what little hair I can grow. I have to shave everday now and kinda feelin the clean shaven look. Can't wait to get off this deployment tho.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

The Beard Poll

i dont know how people wear them its just a pain to keep it trimmed and when its hot you feel it. plus its ichy as shit. that said i think guys would have best luck with beards in asia.(not india) as it makes you all that more exotic cause most of those guys in asia are practically hairless.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

The Beard Poll

I have been told I look fairly menacing by the lizards so the beard would take it too far over the top.

I keep my shyt trimmed.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

The Beard Poll

I can't grow a beard for shit. I look good with 24 hours of growth but if I grow it look something like this. If you can grow a full beard go for it, but shitty facial hair doesn't make a guy look masculine, it just makes him look a bum.

The Beard Poll

I found it's a niche, and I like to be a niche player. Maybe half or more women don't like it but those who do have a very strong opinion about it. And since most guys don't sport a beard where I live, I get a point boost just for showing up. It goes without saying one has to trim it regularly and take a good care of it overall (finally I am buying a shampoo again after all those years).

The Beard Poll

Quote: (09-06-2012 04:48 PM)TexasMade Wrote:  

It crazy that the beard has came back. I am trying to think when and I think Hangover created that look.

Incorrect, it was the hipsters.

[Image: z31.jpg]

The Beard Poll

^ Haha

But yea it is a "trendy" thing now. I have always wanted a bear, I can't grow a full one so I have a chin strap beard going on and so far the ladies like it. This girl I was fooling around with last night keeps playing with it and I have never had an issue approaching or being approached with it on. It does not suit the clean cut look I would wear out to the club but for more casual lounges and bars it works great because it projects that I don't care *too much*. My beard is kept but I don't trim it all nice and fancy, I just keep it neat. I kept it all summer so now that its fall I will continue to grow it out.

The Beard Poll

My facial hair grows in red/blonde it makes me feel like a Viking (emech the terrible). I always have a beard on my chin and sometimes I'll grow out some Joe dirt sideburns because I like the movie.

The Beard Poll

Quote: (09-07-2012 08:47 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

My facial hair grow in red/blonde it makes me feel like a Viking (emech the terrible). I always have a beard on my chin and sometimes I'll grow out some Joe dirt sideburns because I like the movie.

Im the same. An Italian friend of mine gave me the nickname Super Vikingo...this vid inspired him...

The Beard Poll

I college I had a full beard, but after I got out I went strictly with the goatee for many years. Once grey started coming in, I've kept the moustache (I think I've only shaved it off to go completely clean shaven a handful of times in my life). I rarely grow the beard in all the way now. I'll go a couple of weeks sometimes without shaving, but as one of you stated, it itches really bad when it's coming in. Even though I have grey in my head and moustache, women still say I look much younger than I am. I think full beards are hit or miss with the ladies. If you've got a goatee or a thin, trimmed style beard it may not be much of a factor with them.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

The Beard Poll

It crazy that the beard has came back. I am trying to think when and I think Hangover created that look.
It's the economic situation that brought the look back. Men who don't work aren't going to go through the effort of shaving. Dudes who are working see this and get jealous of an awesome beard, so they stop shaving too. Hollywood sees the trend, then they start growing beards.

I didn't answer the poll because there is no answer I feel is appropriate for me. I'm not sexless, but I wouldn't say that I'm having a lot of success with women right now (other things hurting my inner game). I don't get reactions to my beard. Then again, I've had it so long that it's just a part of who I am.

The one thing I will say is that it makes my face more masculine. There is a website that analyzes a facial picture, guesses the age, and gives a percentage on a masculine/feminine scale. Without facial hair, it guesses my age at 24, ranges from 18-34, and 60% masculine. With facial hair, it guesses my age at 24, ranges from 19-29, and 90% masculine. I'm 29, and most girls guess my age at 23-25.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

The Beard Poll

this is my current look these days

yes it weeds out some women, but those are into it are reallllly into it.

[Image: tumblr_lphgjhOEl61qzmnm4o1_250.jpg]

The Beard Poll

Quote: (09-07-2012 12:19 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

There is a website that analyzes a facial picture, guesses the age, and gives a percentage on a masculine/feminine scale. Without facial hair, it guesses my age at 24, ranges from 18-34, and 60% masculine. With facial hair, it guesses my age at 24, ranges from 19-29, and 90% masculine. I'm 29, and most girls guess my age at 23-25.

Link?

The Beard Poll

Scruff or a thin beard get me better results than clean shaven. A full beard gets me worse results.

This is as full of a beard as I'll grow:

[Image: 6_Eric+Bana.jpg]

The Beard Poll

Quote: (09-07-2012 12:49 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Quote: (09-07-2012 12:19 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

There is a website that analyzes a facial picture, guesses the age, and gives a percentage on a masculine/feminine scale. Without facial hair, it guesses my age at 24, ranges from 18-34, and 60% masculine. With facial hair, it guesses my age at 24, ranges from 19-29, and 90% masculine. I'm 29, and most girls guess my age at 23-25.

Link?
http://developers.face.com/tools/#faces/detect

Edit: Another thing that it detects is your mood. I tried to keep the same facial expression for both pictues. Without a beard, I look angry. With the beard, my mood is detected as neutral.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

The Beard Poll

Civil war era Peacocking? I think so:
[Image: ambrose-burnside.jpg]

But really, I have a goatee and it hasn't hurt me at all. if i didn't grow something I'd look like a twelve year old, so I actually think it helps my game.

The only downside to having a goatee (and same goes for beards and mustaches) is that everyone has some type of facial hair, so it isn't very unique.

The Beard Poll

A short trimmed beard looks good on my face. With the beard most girls think I'm 23-25, without it I look 20-23. I've had a few girls tell me they don't usually like guys with beards, but only after I've already smashed. Ultimately, rock what looks good on you and makes you feel most confident.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

The Beard Poll

Quote: (09-07-2012 12:53 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Scruff or a thin beard get me better results than clean shaven. A full beard gets me worse results.

This is as full of a beard as I'll grow:

[Image: 6_Eric+Bana.jpg]

That's about my length. Scruff is tough. I look younger clean shaven but have a Kirk Gouglas chin, so it looks a bit better covered. Plus the beard complinents my big bush hair.

Im surprised so many on the forum are rocking the style. Kudos.

The Beard Poll

I keep a trim beard similar to Bana. It helps balance my face out a lot. I think it is often overlooked as a simple way to improve your look. I have the same facial structure as Ryan Gosling, so beards will make us look more balanced in the face due to an almost upside down triangle appearance.

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

The Beard Poll

It's hard for me not to groan when a guy tells me I "have" to shave before stepping into a certain country. Yeah not every girl has that preference, but so what. I've lost count how many times a girl has told me "I don't usually get with guys who have beards" or "You're the first guy with a beard." Etc.

The Beard Poll

If women are going to complain that men aren't "manly" anymore, they shouldn't complain about beards and scruff. At some point, I'd love to grow out a full beard again just because. I just hate the itching in the early stages...HA HA!

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

The Beard Poll

I'd like a real beard but it just doesn't get dense enough to give an impression of a beard. Wonder if it will ever get fixed.

The Beard Poll

i have alright beard-growing genetics but i choose not to keep one, because i feel that a beard doesn't look good on me

The Beard Poll

Unfortunately my stuff just isn't quite full enough to pull off the beard so I haven't been able to try, plus some of it is blonde so not sure how it would look.

That being said I do very well with the scruffy look and the ladies love it. I shave it once a week with beard trimmers because I look to boyish with a clean cut.