rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Happy New Year to all the players, Gs and the fellas.

Due to a job offer in another city, I will be moving in 4-6 weeks, so I need some advice. I'll admit that I am not exactly the rolling dolo type but I feel like I have to do this before I leave Boston. In many ways I think its cowardly because I waited until the end to make this move.

My plan is to hit up a few spots on weeknights, thats Monday through Wednesdays and see what kind of action I can get. I feel like I can get the bartender/staff to talk to me and maybe even just be cool with me, but they are also doing their job which means a lot of downtime. What should I be doing during those times?

- In a sports bar I can always check the game on the tube.
- I can check my blackberry for a possible venue change later at night
- Scope out the ladies at/around the bar, tough to do without looking lame

These are some of the options that I see. Also, I think I need to fine tune my social skills because I rarely see girls at bars alone and when I do, they seem to checking their phones for their friends/boyfriends to arrive. I am nowhere even close to a G, who can swoop ladies with a time constraint, so I need to be able to work around that.

Other things to consider:

- I will not be driving to these venues. Taxis and the Train all the way.
- Definitely planning on suiting up. I have 1 custom suit (Navy blue) and 1 of the rack one (Black) that I plan on wearing. I'm thinking some real wild color shirts, bold ties and pocket squares.
- I think I want to hit some bars in the Downtown of the city, a college bar, and a place near the crib just to mix it up a bit. Will use some suggestions from yelp and folks here.

I am not really apprehensive about the act of going out alone, but rather looking weird or pervy. I have been able to get comfortable at a spot with the bar tenders buying me drinks and pretty waitresses chilling with me for a bit ("Miss, I know your working and I am not hitting on you" disarms them and resume normal conversation). The key is to parlay that success to swooping good looking girls.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Hey, just to give you my two cents...

Don't forget about day game! When I moved to a new city, that was my savior. Night game works when I'm with a solid group of people, or at least have one good wing man, because, as you brought up, girls are never out alone at night. It's still doable, but it's a lot harder. It's worth learning to ride alone anyway, because when you start being able to support yourself, and not having to rely on a crutch, you become a stronger man.

In other words, keep this mentality: Game is lifestyle. It's not something you can really turn off or on. Once you commit you better give it your 100%!

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Quote: (01-14-2010 10:09 PM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

I am not really apprehensive about the act of going out alone, but rather looking weird or pervy.

I would say that step numero uno would be to get comfortable with the fact that you are going out TO MEET CHICKS!!! There's nothing fucking weird or "pervey" about that man. This whole mindset of trying to figure out if other people approve of you being out alone with the purpose of meeting chicks is weird and pervy. When I think back to my college psych class, I can't help but to think that Freud was right about sexual repression in our society. It's gotten to the point where a guy can't even go into the few sanctioned places in our society (bars, clubs) where it is a known fact that people are out to meet one another, and/or bang without feeling like he's doing something wrong. SMH.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

I'm working on a Solo guide for the blog. Should be up in a week or two.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

When you approach girls, you're doing it alone. So as soon as you walk into the bar, order a drink and strike up a conversation. When I used to go solo, I definitely took Mystery's rules for the approach a little more seriously.

It becomes really fun after the first couple of nights, but logistics are definitely more difficult going out solo. A wing helps tremendously in that aspect.

If this is your first stretch of going out alone, you will definitely have a couple of ah ha moments and break through some plateaus. Good luck.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

BostonBMW,

You are on the right track.

It takes a stronger Man to roll out Dolo. Many of the issues you have with it are easily overcome with mindset, just keep working on it.

"Miss, I know your working and I am not hitting on you"

This is not a bad line, (and can actually be pretty under the radar) but there is really no need to "apologize".

The interesting thing about rolling out Dolo is you can many times get more high quality girls. Fly Girls like that mysterious, well dressed, self-assured cat chilling at the bar Dolo.

You are unique, different and what girls that have seen it all are looking for.

And of course, re-read the most definitive guide available on the internet on the subject:

Going for Dolo: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2007/08/goi...-dolo.html

Looking forward to Roosh's take which I am sure will offer some fresh perspective.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

A good trick if you're at a place with an active bar: get a seat right next to where the drink-traffic will come in. Sometimes that's the spot where the bartender places drinks for the waitresses to pick up (though in some venues that will be in the corner), but you can also just subtly make sure that the space between your seat and the one next to you large enough so people just default to ordering drinks next to you. That way, your social proof/targets naturally come right to you.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

laowai,

Great tip. Often overlooked.

Every bar has a "vortex", "sweet spot" or "nexus point". The key is finding it.

I have been meaning to write on the subject, but it is kind of hard to explain on blog format.

Makes more sense in person.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread. You guys provided some excellent and unique insights.

I do have to give credit to Roosh and the MM of the G Manifesto, I am inspired by both blogs. I am looking forward to Roosh's entry on rolling out solo. Even though I know it might challenging to be out alone, I think you have a certain level of freedom for venue changes, approaches and things of that nature.

A few technicals:

- If you have a blackberry definitely download the yelp app. In case your spot is lame and want to switch it up.
- Save the Cab/Train money somewhere else (jacket pocket?), as you won't be relying on anyone to get you home (eventually).
-You can always adopt new personas and be that mysterious stranger.

Will let you guys know how it goes!
-

Advice on Rolling Dolo

have your story straight and don't hesitate..

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Quote: (01-16-2010 03:15 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

laowai,

Great tip. Often overlooked.

Every bar has a "vortex", "sweet spot" or "nexus point". The key is finding it.

I have been meaning to write on the subject, but it is kind of hard to explain on blog format.

Makes more sense in person.

Roosh inspired me with his last post to finally write something up on "Vortex Points" in Bars, Restaurants and Nightclubs:

http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2011/03/vor...clubs.html

Enjoy. Feel free to ask me any additional questions.

Some real next level sh*t for your dome.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Rolling dolo in a suit is fun as hell, one of my favorite places to hit up suited down is the grocery store...the nice thing about my neck of miami is that I have about 10 different ones closby to change things up.

I just went to my first pro tennis match at the Sony Ericson and it was first time the suit was a bad call. Even though it was a night game, my balls were soaking in that damn suit haha.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

You're over-thinking and over-planning all this, which is gonna weaken your game. Just go out, don't think too much, and have a good time.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Dolo is the ideal modus operandi for making major moves on women. It's also outstanding for networking and making power $$$ moves. Being well read helps to engage people in simple conversations. Read newspapers, pay particular attention to the articles on issues affecting people outside of the US. The average American cares very little for international issues. This is your opportunity to standout amongst Americans. You've also gained valuable insights into various country issues preparing you for those chance encounters with international models or global $$$ power players.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

I'm nervous to go to a bar or somewhere like that alone. How did y'all get over the first time? Most girls are going to be wondering why you're solo

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Quote: (04-01-2011 06:03 AM)houston Wrote:  

I'm nervous to go to a bar or somewhere like that alone. How did y'all get over the first time? Most girls are going to be wondering why you're solo

Never worry about anything that tumbles around inside a woman's head! NEVER!

Instead, try to predict what they are going to think or say about you and turn it around on them.

random group of chicks: Why are you here all by yourself?

you: Interesting question. (don't forget to smile while saying all of this) Can I ask you a question? Why are you here with a group of other girls who are just like you? Aren't you all competing against each other to meet guys?

BOOM! I guarantee that this will resonate with at least one of the chicks and she'll start to take over the conversation. You're in. You've now penetrated the group individualized each chick allowing them to think independently. If it doesn't work this first time, don't give up this simple technique.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

It doesn't matter why you're solo, you're too cool to need a crew remember? Women don't "know" you're alone -- they make assumptions... you can make up any story you want or reverse the frame on her (i.e. are you always this nosy?).

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Advice on Rolling Dolo

I like rolling solo. Just started doing it this month and it's easier than going out with friends. I don't own any custom suits but a nice pair of shoes and a regular button down shirt works fine.

I've had to perform a lot of reconnaissance for the best bars and vortex points, however.

and, despite the fact that I'm by myself, I've only been asked once if I was there with my friends or whatever.

it's so easy to answer those stupid questions anyhow.

her: "Where are your friends?"
you: "around." (one of your friends is at home, another is out at another bar, another is in a different state... etc. who says your friends need to be with you?)

her: "so are you here with friends?"
you: "sure." (everyone is your friend... they just don't know it yet)
her: "where are they?"
you: "around."
her: (asks you another question)
you: "you're really curious about me."

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

I read the GManifesto blog post about this and it is so correct. Other guys will jack you up way more than they help.

Better to roll solo. It might feel weird at first but after the first time or two it will start to feel normal. After that it will be more of a problem going out with other guys than solo, because you will have deal with them.

Save yourself the hassles, go solo.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

I went out dolo to the Dominican Republic and I don't speak Spanish worth pissing.

I also went out dolo on NYE and scored a dime.

It can be done, men are supposed to be able to rock a solo every now and then.

However, women can think you are strange as women are incapable of rolling outside of the pack.

If a woman rolls on you, tell her you are meeting some friends up.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Advice on Rolling Dolo

"Most girls" here in USA are too busy with themselves, and the last thing they'd be do is wondering about some random dude in a bar.

But do you really care what people around may think about you???

Advice on Rolling Dolo

when you guys say "suited up" that means actually rocking a suit?

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Only problem I have with rolling dolo is this: what do you do in between opening sets?

I find myself getting bored easily if I am rolling dolo, especially if the night is not going too well (i.e., the chicks aren't really digging me).

I think I am going to do what roosh suggests and try to make "friends" outside the venue and then ditch them once inside. Open some sets and then circle back to the "friends" as a rally point whenever things get slow.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

Easy E,

" what do you do in between opening sets?"

Easy one holmes.

Smoke cigarettes, post up, make friends with bartender, club owner, manager, waitresses etc.

Advice on Rolling Dolo

in my experience the key to rolling solo is finding places w/places to sit, preferably in a high traffic area like G recommends. if i can sit down i can chill, relax, get comfortable and strike up a conversation w/anyone around. standing around by myself sucks and makes me feel creepy, but i can sit and chill and listen to music all night. places that arent too loud/crowded with lots of bar sitting space work the best