rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why do people compare game to sales?

I'm fucking great at sales, I can't get laid to save my life.

Getting laid is something else entirely.

because picking up a girl is about buying not selling. the second she can tell she's the star of the movie (higher value person in that situation) you're done.

Because the men who get laid the most are the best at selling themselves. You would be surprised how much of general sales (approaching for quantity, assuming the sale, demonstrating value) is easily transferable to gaming girls.

Gaming, being a numbers game (as is sales), reminds me of when I was selling weed. What you don't do when you're selling weed is sped the day roving around, looking for the person that's gonna but a half ounce off of you; you try to move as many dimes and twenties as possible.

Quote: (07-23-2012 02:08 AM)Andy_B Wrote:  

Maybe you're just a hard sell?

Improve the product a bit more, and you'll have no problems finding customers.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

In sales you're selling a product and in game you're selling yourself.

I'm sure you must have heard the stereotype of a rich, successful, highly accomplished guy who can't get laid and some broke guy who gets laid like a rockstar - it is all about the art of sales.

Game is a necessary evil

You do not sell exactly yourself in game.In sales you sell the product and yourself.In game you are mostly the bidder.

Metaphors are often used to help describe game...

Sales - cold approaching, keep going until you make the sale
War - going to battle, dealing with hurdles
Athletics - training your mind/game

It's just to help explain game and shouldn't be taken too literally.

Because convincing desirable chicks to buy dick, specifically yours, is like selling ice to Eskimos.

And that takes skill.

Sometimes you have a product to offer that other salesmen (players/competition) have as well. Make your product (You) More desirable and Make sure it's Durable (Maintain your frame), because honestly, would you buy some shit that works differently every time? It is very possible that you will have potential buyers come to you (these are normally the easiest) but in order to reach a certain a certain sales quota for the month you must hit the pavement and let Potential Customers(bitches) know that product exist and is for sale, because until that point your either a non existant product, or a worthless product in abundance. MAKE THAT SALE and don't quit until you do. This is a sales job that you can't be fired from but if you don't go to work you will end up Broke , hungry and thirsty ( Dry Spell)

Quote: (07-23-2012 03:48 AM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

Because the men who get laid the most are the best at selling themselves. You would be surprised how much of general sales (approaching for quantity, assuming the sale, demonstrating value) is easily transferable to gaming girls.

Gaming, being a numbers game (as is sales), reminds me of when I was selling weed. What you don't do when you're selling weed is sped the day roving around, looking for the person that's gonna but a half ounce off of you; you try to move as many dimes and twenties as possible.

Yeah, I would go as far as to say that everything in sales is easily transferable to swooping girls.

Quote:Quote:

Posted by Andy_B - Today 03:08 AM

No offense, but I have heard a million guys say that "I'm fucking great at sales".

And you know what? They suck.

What are you selling?

There is a big difference between selling stock over the phone and Twizzlers in a 7-11.

Why would you say "I'm fucking great at sales"?

I have never sold anything, but I would think that getting used to and learning from endless 'cold approaches' and rejections in the sales world should be transferable to 'game'.

If anyone has ever read my legendary piece:

The Six Elements of Picking Up Girls (easily the best piece on the internet ever written about picking up girls).

You will notice that each of the 6 elements are easily transferable to sales.

There's a high correlation. I didn't really start getting good with women until I started dominating my field (sales). I've also noticed that, as a percentage, I'm selling myself more than the product (real estate). The trick is to pull that off without coming off like a salesman.

Quote: (07-23-2012 10:10 AM)Shamrock Wrote:  

There's a high correlation. I didn't really start getting good with women until I started dominating my field (sales). I've also noticed that, as a percentage, I'm selling myself more than the product (real estate). The trick is to pull that off without coming off like a salesman.

It is always about selling yourself in "real" sales.

Which is why it is the same as swooping.

Which is why I asked the poster what kind of sales he was doing. Selling Twizzlers in a 7-11, is not about selling yourself.

Selling lemonade on a scorching hot day is not really selling yourself.

Selling stock to someone you just met, is "selling yourself".

Pulling a girl out of a nightclub you just met is "selling yourself".

I was actually good with girls, before I realized I could do sales. But the other way around is probably more common.

Quote: (07-23-2012 05:43 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

You do not sell exactly yourself in game.In sales you sell the product and yourself.In game you are mostly the bidder.

Elaborate.

I was having an argument with a friend about this same topic not too long ago.

I hate to approach gaming as if i was a seller. Selling is business and in order to sell something you have to convince someone to buy your product. Although this approach works in business, game wise it can be a bad approach. Selling yourself to a chick can be a killer game. What are you going to tell her? That you have a huge dick? That you are so cool and that many girls want to be with you? (in sales think, many people bought my product because of this and that)

Without you know it, you will be bragging, pushing her to sleep with you (being desperate) and killing chances for fucking her.

I dislike the seller approach in gaming, i always think to myself, i am a player, not a seller.

Quote: (07-23-2012 01:13 PM)pitt Wrote:  

I hate to approach gaming as if i was a seller. Selling is business and in order to sell something you have to convince someone to buy your product. Although this approach works in business, game wise it can be a bad approach. Selling yourself to a chick can be a killer game. What are you going to tell her? That you have a huge dick? That you are so cool and that many girls want to be with you? (in sales think, many people bought my product because of this and that)

Without you know it, you will be bragging, pushing her to sleep with you (being desperate) and killing chances for fucking her.

I dislike the seller approach in gaming, i always think to myself, i am a player, not a seller.

You are saying this because you don't understand "selling".

Selling is not telling.

You don't sell a product. You sell yourself.

If sales didn't involve selling yourself, why can't everyone hack it in sales?

Any guy off the street could go into a place with his widgets. The widgets would sell themselves, right?

Yet that's not how sales works.

Game is sales because you are not selling a date. You are selling yourself.

Here's an illustration:

I'll give a guy 2 first-class tickets to Barcelona and a week at the Ritz.

How many guys could "sell" a woman on going to Barcelona with him?

It should be 100%, right?

But it would be far less.

With game, you are saying, "Do this experience with me." The "with me" is the most important aspect and the "experience" is less important.

A girl would rather have a picnic in the park with me than fly to Barcelona with most guys.

In sales, you are saying, "Buy this product from me." Again, the "from me" is most important.

This is undeniable truth.

You say you are great at sales. You link to your company's webpage.

So I clicked on it.

I'm not going to take a shit on you.

But guys can read your site and ask themselves, "Does this guy inspire me to hire him?"

If the answer isn't, "Hell yes, where do I sign," then you are not fucking great at sales.

I believe that being a buyer or seller depends upon your value system . I came to game as a reaction to having limited experience with women(only in-school), and my initial thing was that I wanted them to notice me. In order to do so, I spent my game-related time peacocking and trying to beat shit tests(qualifiers) in order to sell myself to women. After getting to a level where I was comfortable with women, I have a comfort-level around women to the extent that I am a buyer who qualifies women I meet.My thought is that the difference between being a buyer and seller has to do with confidence(inner game). Sellers put emphasis on external validation, and buyers put emphasis on internal validation.

There are many parallels between sales and game.

Game is a lot like sales/marketing. There's a concept called "funneling" and "prospecting" which is something that is seen a lot in the dating scene but many people seem to not recognise which leads to frustration.

The idea is to collect numbers in bulk, text them all and see who responds. The ones who convert are your customers

Eventually, you'll have so many customers that you will develop an abundance mindset and not worry about the ones that don't convert.

There's also a concept called "customer retention" which is essentially "relationship management."

We're a bit like marketers scamming clients into believing that our shit doesn't stink, when in reality, we're scamming them for their pussies.

There's a ton of similarities between sales and pickup. I used to do door to door sales. In sales, it's all about having a great attitude when you're out there and staying positive while use your personality. Game is no different. It's all a numbers game in the end and great salesmen/players have better success rate that's all.

I watch this Alec Baldwin sales speech for inspiration every night before I go out.

ABC - Always Be Closing

Quote: (07-23-2012 01:13 PM)pitt Wrote:  

I was having an argument with a friend about this same topic not too long ago.

yeah same with me. this selling thing is some kind of bad joke. i always always always go in to screen and establish buyer/seller dynamic in the first seconds.

being the seller: you go in, you're already sold on her looks and that's all, her bad breath or lack of feminity doesn't bother you, so you try to hook the set, you try try try, sell sell sell, until she complies or denies.

being the buyer: you go in, you know what type of a girls you like, so you're not sold on her looks as that's only the reason to approach her, you screen for qualities you like, if you both click then you escalate and from now on it progresses with ease to the end.

btw, i don't know if anyone noticed it when you work volume there's no other way than screening actually. when i know 3 hot girls who are very happy to meet with me that day and i go out that night i must screen super hard. it's honest. why would i want to hook a random set since i can leave at any point and just go back to the cutie who i hang out with? it makes no sense. just by the fact that i decide to go out instead of meeting one of the cuties i know, it's given that i want to meet at least as cool/hot girl as those who i know. so when i interact it's always like 'who the fuck are you?', like i'm browsing a mall to find something good enough to buy.

As far as Approach and Rejection goes, I think of this way.

You approach a customer like one of those sales people at Costco. they simply reject your offer and you move on to next one.
there is no need to have hard feelings. (it's funny if you get mad by thinking 'fuck you don't want to buy my product?')
There always will be those ones that will act snobby and rude. how would you react to those customers? I would say 'there are plenty of customers out there, why should I give a fuck about this one?'

Quote: (07-23-2012 01:29 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

You say you are great at sales. You link to your company's webpage.

So I clicked on it.

I'm not going to take a shit on you.

But guys can read your site and ask themselves, "Does this guy inspire me to hire him?"

If the answer isn't, "Hell yes, where do I sign," then you are not fucking great at sales.

replied in pm

Quote: (07-24-2012 02:53 AM)XXL Wrote:  

yeah same with me. this selling thing is some kind of bad joke. i always always always go in to screen and establish buyer/seller dynamic in the first seconds.

being the seller: you go in, you're already sold on her looks and that's all, her bad breath or lack of feminity doesn't bother you, so you try to hook the set, you try try try, sell sell sell, until she complies or denies.

That is not really high end selling.