rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Basel data sheet

Basel data sheet

Basel data sheet:

Basel is a town of approx. 180,000 people in the north west corner of Switzerland. It has a unique location on the tri country border with Germany and France. In fact, from my apartment, the French border is about 200 metres and the German border is around 1 km.

Basel is the third largest city in Switzerland after Zurich and Geneva and its a major hub for the pharmaceutical and chemical industries. Several world famous pharmaceutical and chemical companies are based here as also the Bank of International Settlements.

Language: Swiss German, which is a country dialect of high German. Dont even bother trying to learn it, as most of the young and middle aged folks speak English to varying degrees of fluency. Learning the language will not score you any brownie points with the women.

Currency: Swiss Franc (CHF)

1 Euro = 1.2 CHF
1 GBP = 1.4 CHF
1 CHF = 1.08 USD

The swiss franc is insanely strong right now and coupled with the traditionally high prices, it makes going out and partying a lot more expensive as compared to other Euro countries.

Typical prices:

Capuccino: 5.5 CHF
1 litre milk: 1.5 CHF
Eggs (half dozen): 3.5 CHF
Beer (by glass, big): 8.5 CHF
Beer (by brand, bottle): 8 CHF
Vodka shots: 6 CHF
Cocktail: 16 CHF for the common ones, upto 20 CHF for the special ones.
Whiskey shots: 14 CHF

Girls: Unfortunately, the local Swiss girls in Basel are nothing great to write home about. Like many western countries, McDonalds and Burger King have an established presence in Switzerland and this has contributed greatly to the fattening of the local population. Even though, by other western countries standards, talent level is average.. The best quality about Swiss girls is that they are usually slim from years of eating salads, skiing and smoking cigarettes. Facially they are closer to German girls. Dont let the slimness delude you tho. The attitude of swiss women is seriously fcuked up and I would go as far as to venture and say that they are mental. Ironically the friendliest girls you will see in Basel are the expats who come to work in big pharma companies or first generation immigrants who've grown up here.

Busted Dudes test: Fail. It is almost impossible to spot a hot girl with a busted dude. Hot girl with an equally hot or slightly hotter guy is more the norm. Swiss guys are in good shape (again thanks to years of skiing and bicycling) and fashion conscious. Some of them even have good game and clean up. But many swiss guys are generally meek and have no idea on how to talk to and escalate with girls. If not for their looks, a big bottle of lube at home would be their fate. Most of the couplings happen in high school or thru extended family network. Hookups are very rare.

Best time to visit:
The best time to visit Basel is May and June. In summer, the city empties out as the rich swiss take their annual vacations on the spanish or italian coast. There is also a world class exposition fair in March (Basel World), but most of the time, it is a horrendous cock fest.

Clubs:
Bar Rouge:

There is only 1 renowned club in Basel and that is Bar Rouge. It is located on the 31st floor of the tallest building in Switzerland (the Ramada Plaza hotel). The club is small and not good for making approaches. Forget about making an approach on the dance floor as it is small and everyone can see whats happening.

The ideal way to make an approach here is at the bar and then transition to the dance floor after building a connection. The music is passable and the drinks are expensive. Entrance is free on Fridays and 20 CHF on saturdays.

If you have mad salsa game, there is a salsa session every Friday evening on the 30th Floor which attracts some good talent.

Atlantis:
We call this the Swiss Club as you will run into big groups of tightly knit people dancing together in a circle. Bad music and worse attitudes. Everywhere you will run into aggressive swiss women and their beta swiss orbiters.

Entrance is free on Fridays, and 15 CHF on saturdays.

Nordstern: This is where all the hipster and alternative club chicks hang out. It is also quite popular among the local students as the drinks are cheap comparatively. Expect to see packs of girls and guys hanging out and making a nuisance of themselves.

Bars:

Acqua: This is one of the better places in town. Its hopping on Thursdays and is one of the few places where you will meet attractive non-swiss women. Most of them are expats lookin for some love and if you are a known face within the establishment, it shouldnt be too hard to get a couple of phone numbers.In summer, this turns into one of those daygame bars where everyone files onto the patio outside.

Noohn: The gold diggers bar in Basel. If you want to meet platinum blonde gold diggers, this is your favourite hang out. There are also MILFs doing the round over here. The logistics of this bar make approaching a bitch as it just has a long bar with seated tables all around, which means that you are doing approaches in full public view. However, this place is also a dope restaurant and if you have the sort of wallet to drop around 150 CHF on a meal (for two), try it out.

Pubs:
Paddy O'Reilly's Irish Pub: There is one Paddy O'Reillys in every swiss city and the one in Basel is probably the best one. THis is the place to come if you are looking to score for the night. The quality is not that great and on most nights, the pub is filled with 5's and 6's with the rare 7 thrown in. If you have strong pub game, you will do well here. Just avoid the swiss girls and the rest will follow.

Pickwicks English pub: This pub is where all the Anglo girls hang out, so if you fancy them (I dont) then this is the place for you. Typical english pub atmosphere and the logistics are actually not that bad. I have never pulled from here, but I have Irish and Australian friends who have. ALtho you will have to generally drink yourself to death.

Thats about it for Basel. It's an absolute shithole when it comes to women and getting laid. THe swiss girls think that they have golden pussies and thats one of the prime reasons why 25% of women over the age of 40 in this country are single and childless.

Would I recommend visiting Basel? Absolutely not! Do Not come here unless you already have a girl friend or a prospect lined up. There are quite a few places which are fun even tho they do not rank high on the girl front. Basel however is not one of them. Its a boring as fcuk place whose only redeeming quality is the fact that its on the tri country border which makes it accessible to France and Germany for weekend getways.

Basel data sheet

Thanks Sirob for the nice objective data sheet. Switzerland seems like the last place in Europe, forum members would want to go. When are you getting the hell out of there?

Basel data sheet

I think I can contribute a little here. Been to Basel a lot work-wise but that also means that I only had a slight taste of the nightlife. I have been to Atlantis once. I almost thought it was a gay club due to the horrible DC-like ratio. Not recommended (although only based on one night). With Paddy O'Reilly's, I think you are right.

One annoying thing about Basel is that many places are so called smokers clubs, meaning that you have to be member of that Basel smokers club. Costs an annual or monthly fee. If you are visiting, the monthly membership should be fine. If you are not a member, you will not be let in to many places, even if you are non-smoker. It's a perverse way to circumvent the general smoking ban in Basel.

Girl-wise, I am always pleasantly surprised by the quality in Basel. Sirob is spot on with the busted dudes test. They don't really exist and Swiss guys are generally not bad looking. Prices in Basel are insane.

Good tip about Acqua, I might try that one out some time.

Basel data sheet

switzerland = place for old people.

I suppose there is a difference betwene swiss-german, swiss-french and swiss-italian , isnt it?

Basel data sheet

Gavin1234, I concur with your experiences of CH
Swiss guys are (in general) tall, toned and fit, and for the most part, very photogenic
As for the women, there might not be many stunners to be found, but there's an abundance of healthy, attractive 6's (which is certainly better than my neck of the woods)
The thing is your standard bar and club game will not get you very far in Switz
Swiss women can smell a poon hound at fifty paces and are very very reputation conscious about not being seen as easy
They tend to be a bit friskier abroad, but on home territory, they're a conservative bunch and ONS's are rare
Social circle game is where it's at, seriously if you're not in with someone Swiss, you're killing your chances
Coffee shop game is your next best bet and perhaps some non-agressive day game
But if you're travelling to Switz, purely with the intention of getting laid, you need your head examined

Basel data sheet

Few observations which may concur or clash with your statements below:

Swiss women are very very reputation conscious about not being seen as easy: This is true, BUT only applicable for non-swiss guys.

If you are a swiss guy (or even a non-swiss guy on a short business trip) you will get a very different reception. I know swiss guys who pull ONSes on a regular basis. Dont put swiss women on a pedestal.

Social circle game is where it's at, seriously if you're not in with someone Swiss, you're killing your chances: Very true. The problem with running social circle game in switzerland is that its extremely frustrating. The locals will always perceive you as inferior and to be kept at arm's length. God knows I tried hard for almost 2 years to be accepted into my local swiss circles. Aperos, community events, fondue clubs, BBQs, you name it and I've done it. But after a certain point, you become cynical because of the lack of mutual reciprocation and tend to give up.

Even if you do penetrate into social circles and exhibit your high value, one small slip (innocuous comment, social gaffe) is enough for you to feel the cold wall again. It has happened to me when I made a comment on the ethnic segregation in swiss cities.

And dont even get me started on the passive aggressive behaviour.

Quote: (07-03-2012 07:56 AM)amity Wrote:  

Gavin1234, I concur with your experiences of CH
Swiss guys are (in general) tall, toned and fit, and for the most part, very photogenic
As for the women, there might not be many stunners to be found, but there's an abundance of healthy, attractive 6's (which is certainly better than my neck of the woods)
The thing is your standard bar and club game will not get you very far in Switz
Swiss women can smell a poon hound at fifty paces and are very very reputation conscious about not being seen as easy
They tend to be a bit friskier abroad, but on home territory, they're a conservative bunch and ONS's are rare
Social circle game is where it's at, seriously if you're not in with someone Swiss, you're killing your chances
Coffee shop game is your next best bet and perhaps some non-agressive day game
But if you're travelling to Switz, purely with the intention of getting laid, you need your head examined

Basel data sheet

As soon as I possibly can, but for now I'm plugged to the matrix (mortgage, etc.)

Quote: (07-02-2012 11:25 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Thanks Sirob for the nice objective data sheet. Switzerland seems like the last place in Europe, forum members would want to go. When are you getting the hell out of there?

Basel data sheet

From my small experience Swiss women have a bit of village mentality.They are in a way isolated in central European mountains and appear more provincial than German and Austrian women.They respond very well to Mediteranean Balkan game.Some degree of villageness may help.Balkan shepherd vs Alp shepherd sth like that.

Basel data sheet

hmm, bad news as I wanted to chase my Heidi soon....

Any difference in third tier cities on the french side, maybe Lausanne or freiburg?

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Basel data sheet

Quote: (07-03-2012 10:34 AM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

From my small experience Swiss women have a bit of village mentality.They are in a way isolated in central European mountains and appear more provincial than German and Austrian women.They respond very well to Mediteranean Balkan game.Some degree of villageness may help.Balkan shepherd vs Alp shepherd sth like that.

True, but applies to the whole country and not only their women. At least Swiss Germans are somewhat xenophobic. Just think how late Switzerland joined the United Nations: 2002!

I also agree with the statements concerning the behaviour of Swiss women abroad versus at home.

Btw talking about Basel, check out Basler Fastnacht. Really cool carnival event and very different from the German carnival and definitely also than the Brazilian one. It's usually some time in February or March. Not sure about the swooping potential during that time.

Basel data sheet

Quote: (07-03-2012 09:58 AM)Sirob Wrote:  

yadda yadda

This is all very very true. I've lived in Switzerland for a big part of my life and still have very strong ties to the country. If it wasn't for my obvious monetary success, I would still have to work against the 'we are better than you imigrant' behaviour. Honestly, it's gotten to the point where I come back to this horribly wrong country just to make some Swiss people feel that they are not gods gift to earth.

Stay away if you're not rich as fuck and have a huge social circle. Game won't even help since Swiss women will see you as a "abschlepper" and mark you as a no-go. All of my bangs here (pre-success and pre-game) have been from LTR's. And as soon as I had the chance to, I left the country.

From my feeling, they are even hard to get for Swiss guys. Hell, even some female friends of mine (barely 6's unfortunately) tell me how much they wanted some guy (easily 8+) but now he's being too needy (poor guy, lack of options, has to go below his level to get his dick wet)

Easily explained:

Everything (except fuel and income taxes, but that doesn't matter to you as a tourist) is almost as double as expensive anywhere here (including 2k bumblefuck towns in the middle of the alps) than 99.5% of elsewhere. Women suck too.

Basel data sheet

Quote: (07-04-2012 12:38 PM)trainwreck Wrote:  

yadda yadda

This is all very very true. I've lived in Switzerland for a big part of my life and still have very strong ties to the country. If it wasn't for my obvious monetary success, I would still have to work against the 'we are better than you imigrant' behaviour. Honestly, it's gotten to the point where I come back to this horribly wrong country just to make some Swiss people feel that they are not gods gift to earth.

Stay away if you're not rich as fuck and have a huge social circle. Game won't even help since Swiss women will see you as a "abschlepper" and mark you as a no-go. All of my bangs here (pre-success and pre-game) have been from LTR's. And as soon as I had the chance to, I left the country.

From my feeling, they are even hard to get for Swiss guys. Hell, even some female friends of mine (barely 6's unfortunately) tell me how much they wanted some guy (easily 8+) but now he's being too needy (poor guy, lack of options, has to go below his level to get his dick wet)

Easily explained:

Everything (except fuel and income taxes, but that doesn't matter to you as a tourist) is almost as double as expensive anywhere here (including 2k bumblefuck towns in the middle of the alps) than 99.5% of elsewhere. Women suck too.

Trainwreck...you have my sympathies as someone who lived in Cambridge ,UK which has the highest ratio of males to females in England. Typical inhabitant is a bearded ale drinking, rucksack wearing scientist and the men aren't much better either [Image: smile.gif]. if there was such a thing as a busted chic test Cambridge would pass with flying colours.

Basel data sheet

I've lived in Switzerland for four years.

I don't know how the Swiss procreate.

The only part of the country I could see myself in is the French speaking part where attitudes are a bit more bearable and the women look slightly better. The women in the German speaking part are mental nutjobs. To be fair though, the whole society is "strange" but you don't see it at first. Switzerland always looks good from the outside.

Basel data sheet

Yeah people are stuck up and often weird.

But one night stands are definitely possible. Just not as easy as in other countries.

Of course, if you have the choice, go somewhere else. But if you are here anyway, no excuses.

Basel data sheet

Sheesh, bface, Gavin, Amity, trainwreck

are any of you currently in schweiz?

if so, we should sync up.

Basel data sheet

Quote: (07-05-2012 04:55 AM)Sirob Wrote:  

ya currently in the country, need to finalize some business. won't stay for too long hopefully

Basel data sheet

Yes but only for a few more months.

Basel data sheet

Can you speak more on this? I'm curious. Swiss people sound like they hate anyone that's different and feel they're above everyone. Is it one of the worst countries for a tourist looking to get some ass or even enjoy a country with the locals?

Basel data sheet

I'm in Germany and too far away from Basel, sorry.

Basel data sheet

There's nothing much which hasnt already been on record under the sun.

Swiss people give off the impression that they are liberal and fair-minded, only (and only if) opinions on Switzerland are not in the picture.

Say a harsh word against the country (or god forbid, against the culture) and you can literally see the twitch of disapproval in their faces. This, even though the same opinion might have been voiced and validated by multiple persons earlier.

However their culture forbids blatant displays of aggressiveness or hostility, so they pathetically attempt to cloak their disdain behind a mask of rational debate (so to speak).

Thru this so called rational debate (there is nothing rational behind it btw) they will attempt to cajole you into backtracking on your statements. Failing which, they will flash their trumpcard and ask in the most innocent manner "Why are you staying for so long in Switzerland?"

I have been subjected to the above behaviour countless times in the last 4 years. Earlier I used to be polite and mention the good points about this country, not least in the hope that I would be accepted into their social circles.

But after 2 years of trying and rejection, I began to be forthright and bold in my opinions of the country. And now, when it comes to the inevitable question of "Why are you staying for so long in Switzerland?" I answer with a straight face "Money".

The look on their face when I give this answer is priceless. [Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (07-07-2012 06:08 AM)houston Wrote:  

Can you speak more on this? I'm curious. Swiss people sound like they hate anyone that's different and feel they're above everyone. Is it one of the worst countries for a tourist looking to get some ass or even enjoy a country with the locals?

Basel data sheet

Anybody read this Swiss watching book? Sounds like an interesting read...by Diccon Bewes, "an experienced travel writer who has lived in Switzerland for four years"...

http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Watching-Ins...1857885481

"Fart, and if you must, fart often. But always fart without apology. Fart for freedom, fart for liberty, and fart proudly" (Ben Franklin)

Basel data sheet

Passed through Zurich Airport a few years back, damn those prices are still crazy. I must say I thought that airport was special and people seemed unusually friendly.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Basel data sheet

Hi all

I'm in Basel as well, facing the same issues mentioned in this thread [Image: undecided.gif]

If someone wants to roll out and approach some girls feel free to drop me a line.

Cheers

Basel data sheet

Gonna be there soon. What's the current best club to roll as duo?