rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Southern California, women there truly as picky as the reputation suggests?

By women I generally mean the 7s and ups. I have heard from plenty of guys that unless you have some serious status, you won't be getting much play there at all. I plan on going to Santa Monica and I would like to know how hard it is there for a guy who isn't a 9/10 and doesn't have a huge salary.

Input appreciated.

wasn't being specific but any word on Santa Monica?

any places to go there or what is there to do? visiting a friend out there

I lived in SoCal, and I do not think that money matters that much there. There are plenty of rich, spoiled girls in SoCal, and they do not need a provider; they want to have fun. Looks trump everything else over there, IMHO.

A good idea is to go to Santa Barbara in the last weekend of September, since it's the first weekend of the Fall quarter at UCSB and there will be drunk college hotties all over downtown Santa Barbara.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

there's several threads on this.

There are plenty of 7s to go around here, and you don't need status or money. They're not "picky" either. And an L.A. 7 just might be an 8 where you're from.

Santa Monica is okay, for me it's very yuppified. If you're on that side of town you're best off hitting up the Brig on Abbot Kinney in Venice or any other bar on AK. Venice girls are slutty as hell and there's some real cuties around, though the scene there tends to be very white (I'm more into asians) If you're willing to drive another 15 minutes east you can hit up Culver City which has a very solid nightlife and lots of cuties that aren't inundated with the Hollywood B.S. I'd say they're more down to earth and approachable.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

you guys say good looks matter, does that mean having a good body or is it just something you can't change?

Quote: (06-30-2012 10:23 PM)Edmunds Wrote:  

By women I generally mean the 7s and ups. I have heard from plenty of guys that unless you have some serious status, you won't be getting much play there at all. I plan on going to Santa Monica and I would like to know how hard it is there for a guy who isn't a 9/10 and doesn't have a huge salary.

Input appreciated.

Guys that do fine in other places on the globe get zero in Southern California.

One of the most unforgiving places in the world.

If you need more specifics, I can break it down.

okay,

what makes it such a hard place for guys that do fine in other places?

what kind of guys do the best there then?

Quote: (07-01-2012 10:21 AM)Edmunds Wrote:  

you guys say good looks matter, does that mean having a good body or is it just something you can't change?

[Image: troll.gif]

Quote: (07-01-2012 12:26 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

[Image: troll.gif]

Second time too.

Edmunds,

You do not have to have serious status in LA to get play, which of course is really the case the world over, if your game is right.

Taking time to get your game right is one of the most important investments of effort you can make in your life. That said, to answer your thread title, I do think LA is tougher on average than other places before adjustment.

I agree with thedude regarding Santa Monica becoming yuppified, but for me its not necessarily a negative. SM has tons of attractive girls. There are many physically active people in SM as you see ppl running/biking/rollerblading constantly therefore getting on meetup.com to join a bike ride, or beach volleyball game could be a good way to meet people. Also, the twighlight concert series at the Santa MOnica pier gets tons of ppl out on thursdays during the summer, and is completely free

http://www.santamonicapier.org/fun/

If you have to ask this question, there are other issues at hand here...

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

The OP has been asking trollish questions in the game forum as well. Not saying he is necessarily a troll, but the "looks vs game" issue has been debated to death on this forum.

Quote: (07-01-2012 11:16 AM)Edmunds Wrote:  

okay,

A few reasons:

1. There are lot more guys than girls.

2. Nightlife sucks.

3. Heavy competition.

4. Early last call.

5. Logistics and travel time.

6. Very "tribal". If you don't have the right "style" for the type of girl, she won't give you play no matter how dope you are.

7. Gentleman's Clubs suck.

8. Restaurants close early.

9. Smoking laws.

10. Police State. http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2012/06/the...s-ban.html

Granted, I have swooped massive amounts of girls in Southern California.

You really have to have a "niche" there.

I can put in way less effort and get way flyer girls in Las Vegas, Miami Beach, NYC, New Orleans, Chicago etc.

Quote: (07-01-2012 01:42 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

G,

Do you have a Restaurant guide on your blog? When is the best time to swoop high end Restaurants solo?

ah heavy competition

now THAT is what I want to know more about, please elaborate?

my issue isn't looks vs game, it is just me asking if you can be THAT GUY (good looks), but I will save that for another site maybe

okay,

A few reasons:

2. Nightlife sucks.

3. Heavy competition.

4. Early last call.

6. Very "tribal". If you don't have the right "style" for the type of girl, she won't give you play no matter how dope you are.

9. Smoking laws.

I can put in way less effort and get way flyer girls in Las Vegas, Miami Beach, NYC, New Orleans, Chicago etc.

nailed it 10/10.

For restaurants to pull hotties I wouldn't actually recommend "good" restaurants. Those attract foodies with an extra 15 lb of spare tire (or asian food bloggers, my bread and butter)

I recommend power player spots like high end steakhouses or any of the IDG restaurants (BOA and Sushi Roku come to mind)

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (07-01-2012 02:44 PM)Edmunds Wrote:  

ah heavy competition

my issue isn't looks vs game, it is just me asking if you can be THAT GUY (good looks), but I will save that for another site maybe

What city/state are you in?

I need to know a little more about your situation for a reference point so I can elaborate.

Also, are you thinking of moving to Southern California? Going for a weekend?

Why the interest?

Quote: (07-01-2012 03:49 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

ah heavy competition

I need to know a little more about your situation for a reference point so I can elaborate.

Why the interest?

Would prefer not to mention but okay fine, I am currently in North Carolina (looking to leave soon).

I used to live in San Diego when I was little, lived there for 3 years and loved it. Went to Los Angeles and loved it there too. Although I have practiced game and such, I have heard that the place is the ultimate test for a guy who wants to score high quality girls and know where he is at right now.

Would love to move there (who wouldn't) but for now I am just visiting for a week.

okay,

A few reasons:

2. Nightlife sucks.

3. Heavy competition.

4. Early last call.

9. Smoking laws.

Nailed it with the bolded portions. Girls would be more forgiving of bad logistics if the competition/numbers weren't so heavy.

As for them being 'tribal,' I agree, but the selectiveness puts tribe over style. You can be on her wavelength style-wise, and it won't make a difference. But if you're keyed into her circle, your odds are way better.

Quote: (07-01-2012 08:10 PM)Edmunds Wrote:  

Quote: (07-01-2012 03:49 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

ah heavy competition

Why the interest?

Would prefer not to mention but okay fine, I am currently in North Carolina (looking to leave soon).

I used to live in San Diego when I was little, lived there for 3 years and loved it. Went to Los Angeles and loved it there too. Although I have practiced game and such, I have heard that the place is the ultimate test for a guy who wants to score high quality girls and know where he is at right now.

Would love to move there (who wouldn't) but for now I am just visiting for a week.

Ok.

Now I know where you are coming from.

You want to know about the competition?

Most probably, the coolest guys in America come from Southern California. People may want to argue this, but guys in Southern California dominate guys from other places in an overall perspective.

On top of that, you have people with insane amounts of money.

You have pro surfers, pro skateboarders, Hoods galore, musicians, actors, models etc etc etc

People on this forum are constantly jocking celebrities.

Well guess what? If you want the best of the best in Southern California, you will have to dispatch celebrities along the way.

I would mention more of these stories, but most people on here wouldn't believe them. I will save them for when and if I ever write a book.

The other thing is that if you are not from California, you are going to have a hard time with California girls.

You said you were from North Carolina? Do you have an accent? That will make it an uphill battle.

I hope that give you and idea of the high level of competition.

All these things you probably won't run into on a day to day basis in a place like North Carolina.

Edmunds is an Appearance Troll.