rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Latest Ultra-Beta, Emasculating Commercial: Ruffles Edition

So much bullshit is crammed into this this stupid-ass, 30-second piece of beta that it deserves its own thread. This might be worse than the recent Stride "epic" variation of this theme. Start with the white-guy-with-yellow-fever trope and work your way down:

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

They're just getting real blantant with this grrlpower stuff now. By guy's posture and tone, she wouldn't have had to have eaten a chip to make him fetch a beer.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

I'm beginning to realize that tv/advertising only exists to keep hamsters spinning and female wallets (or their boyfriends') opening and thus males in their 'place'

I thought the girl was a lot better looking when she was Asian.

Aloha!

It encourages girls to gain power by eating foods that will make them fat.

Guys are supposed to be attracted to and will submit to bad-ass biker chicks with attitude.

Tuth, I didn't see this ad as misandric. I saw it as endorsing domestic abuse of annoying uppity Asian divas. They had to cut the part where the black dude pimp slaps her back to China. That part didn't go down well with their friends at the SPLC. Pretty devious if you ask me.

I actually feel bad for Asian guys. Hollywood constantly, shamelessly stereotypes them as lame, and it makes them seem more beta than they are.

Quote: (06-30-2012 08:40 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I'm beginning to realize that tv/advertising only exists to keep hamsters spinning and female wallets (or their boyfriends') opening and thus males in their 'place'

I did a class project once involving going to jewelry stores and pretending to buy a gift for a girlfriend. The whole concept of buying expensive baubles as a means of showing affection sickened me. My response was "Wait, millions of dudes actually fall for this crap?"

I've always thought that even from a young age basilransom. I just don't understand where all of the other guys my age learned that. Its like somewhere along the line they were just completely castrated and enslaved

Yeah, I didn't find this advertisement that bad. The "get me a beer honey" thing is a bit groanworthy, but it's not like those commercials where dads/boyfriends are actively portrayed as idiots or incompetents.

Quote: (07-02-2012 12:55 AM)Andy_B Wrote:  

Yeah, I didn't find this advertisement that bad. The "get me a beer honey" thing is a bit groanworthy, but it's not like those commercials where dads/boyfriends are actively portrayed as idiots or incompetents.

Glamorizing women acting like douchey men - betas love that.

This shit is epidemic. I was with some people watching Captain America, and I knew the movie would suck when some bitchy female officer stepped on the scene. The movie was so silly, plus Captain America was white knighting this chick constantly. I walked out.

I see this commercial as pandering to betas. What more does a beta want than a woman who is into his hobbies? Most betas spend their whole lives trying to find that one that fits into their world. We have no issue finding many women, so we want sanctuaries away from the women so we can let it hang low so to speak.

I'd be interested in finding out how many "regular" dudes watch these commercials, laugh to themselves, and say "good thing I'm not like that", while they sit on the couch in their underwear covered in Cheetos dust.

Edit: Notice how as the commercial presses on, her clothing is scaling up while her boyfriend's stays the same. It's a shame women suck at gambling because we really can't assume the outrage that would occur if the man spent all his winnings on beer and strippers (which his friends would have been invited to as a "thanks for giving me your money guys!").

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

I would call for a boycott, but I don't eat that garbage.

I don't eat McDonald's. I don't eat any shit you see commercials for.

Until broccoli, kale, cabbage, onions, and grass-fed beef starts advertising, none of my dollars will support the Food-Advertising Complex.

You guys wanna truly "swallow the red pill"? Stop eating shit like Ruffles and McDonald's.

Quote: (07-02-2012 01:25 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Until broccoli, kale, cabbage, onions, and grass-fed beef starts advertising, none of my dollars will support the Food-Advertising Complex.

You guys wanna truly "swallow the red pill"? Stop eating shit like Ruffles and McDonald's.

Arugula too.

This advert was actually funny. It was so utterly divorced from reality, there is nothing to hold contempt for.

Real life: Loser guy brings his girlfriend, everyone looks at him like 'Why the FUCK did you bring your girlfriend?' Then, she goes on and on about shit, and none of them listen to her. She tries to play poker, but is, by virtue of being female, completely shit at it, so sits and pouts in silence until the loser guy takes her away, embarrassed. Then the rest of the guys drink beer and have fun and watch 80's action movies until the Sun comes up.

Quote: (07-02-2012 01:25 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Don't forget micro-greens from the farmers market down the street.

And Foie Gras.