rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Odessa, Ukraine Datasheet

It's been on my mind for a while now that I need to drop a datasheet. I'm not good at concise writing though but I'll give it a shot. So here's a sheet for one of my favorite cities in the FSU.

FYI, Odessa is a decent sized city (1 mil+) on Ukraine's Black Sea coast. It is a relatively diverse city year-round, likely due to it's status as a historical port city. In the summer though there are tons of tourists coming from former Soviet countries, Europe, and the Middle East. There were even tourists from East Asia and Nigeria.

When to go: Depends on what kind of experience you're looking for, but probably the best times are late April-early May; mid-June to August; or September. If you get there in late April all the college girls will still be in town and their exams don't start until the middle of May (according to the girls I met).

The girls who aren't from Odessa will usually go back home for at least a week or so after the school year so that's why early June can be bare with the tourists not in heavy yet and girls back with their families. The good thing is all the uni girls I knew really liked Odessa and spent their summers there.

I don't know if the locals empty out in August, but as I said tons of Russian and Ukrainians tourists travel there so you should be good.

Language: Having some Russian definitely helps. The less Russian you speak, the more you should pipeline on Mamba, CS, and Vkontakte. I haven't really played with VK, Deb might have some tips on that game.

There are definitely girls here who speak English, don't get me wrong. I've been in a couple shit-holes, so Odessa relatively has a decent amount of speakers. Less than Kiev.

The younger girls speak more English. I would say 60% of girls 18-25 know some English and probably 25% know enough to have a regular conversation with.

Don't worry about Ukrainian, 95% of conversation I heard was in Russian. If you understand Russian you'll be good..sometimes they use a few Ukrainian words and it sounds a little different when they talk fast but its pretty insignificant.

The girls: The talent in Odessa is at a high level. I thought better than Kiev. Tons of leggy, slim girls with long hair tanned skin and light eyes. Girls with blonde hair, dark hair, green eyes, brown eyes. The tits here are on average bigger than I remember in other FSU cities. Tanned slavic girls are great.

Odessa absolutely passes the busted dudes test. I regularly would see guys 3 inches shorter than their girl with shitty haircuts and weak style with a 5'8'' leggy hottie. At the club most guys are pretty well-dressed though, not suited up but decent.

Where to stay: Well I would say there are two basic choices. You want to either be by Direbasovskaya Street which is in the center or by Arkadia which is a beach/boardwalk/club scene. If you want to be hitting the beach a lot and clubbing every night stay in Arkadia. If you're not into the club scene and want to be close to restaurants/bars/cafes stay near Dierbasovskaya street. Or try some of both. I would recommend a private apartment, don't know about hostels. Prices go up in June-August.

Day game: In the center the best places are on Direbasovskaya street, up a couple blocks near the great steps of Odessa, the mall, and the beaches.

On Direbasovskaya street you will see lots of younger girls walking around...some of them are here on vacation with parents, it can be hit or miss. At and around the McDonalds there are lot of young girls (crazy right?) Ask them for directions and go from there.

Near the great steps of Odessa there is a nice Opera House and another building where lots of tourists and locals walk around and chill. There's a nice promenade with benches, street musicians, ice cream so you'll see a solid amount of girls here. For me it was less fruitful since they were more often with other guys or family.

Near Direbasovskaya there is a 6-story mall. This was my favorite spot for daygame. Unlike a lot of malls in the FSU I wasn't hunting in the food court, since there hardly is one, but with the shop-girls.

There are floors and floors of clothes shops that are almost exactly the same as each other with usually one or two girls working. The way the mall is situated it is difficult if not impossible for someone to see you in a shop from a shop on another floor.

So I would roll in, ask the girls some questions, then pretend to not understand something and bust out some English. This is often followed by giggles and вы сами откуда? (where are you from). Hopefully one of them speaks English and I'll get the number of the one's that more receptive, or both if the situation is right. Hit the escalator, scope out another shop (pick a shop where you are the only customer and you don't see an older manager), and repeat.

Beach game...I don't know really. I hate sand, I'm out of shape, and I often sleep till 3 p.m. There are several different beaches, Arkadia being the biggest most commercial one. There's also Otrada which supposedly has a private beach club thats nice, I never bothered to check it out.

Night game: The reigning club is Ibiza. I have to say...I have become accustomed to seeing hotties everywhere in the FSU but my first time in Ibiza was overwhelming. Its unreal. Ukrainian girls, Russian girls, and even a couple French girls. It has 3 levels and a large patio area with a deck and apparently it has a beach you can go to during the day which I haven't tried. On the weekends they usually have some performers. Its about a $20 cover charge. Definitely pregame. Heineken about $5.50, Long Island about $12.

I would go there before 12 if solo, when I went alone I went after 1 and there were still tons of smoking girls but my reception wasn't very good. Managed a make-out with a 7 blonde but her friend came up and simultaneously grinded on me while completely blowing me out. I had a semi-boner going from hooking up and she just got in between us started grinding me while telling her friend they had to leave. Fucking bizarre cockblock.

Went there twice with girls I met from the mall after that and it worked better, banged one of them that night and the second time got a number that led to a bang. They had friends there so its good to have a group you can blend in with from time-to-time. You can approach girls either on the outside dancefloor, outside patio, or at any of the bars, otherwise its more difficult.

All that said I don't like clubbing that much so my experience is limited to Ibiza.

I also hit a bar a few times on Direbasovskaya, its an Irish style pub, I don't remember the name, some expats meet there if you're fiendin for English. Got an SNL there. Not a great place for game though, I think I was just lucky.

Odessa parties real late. Sometimes to a fault. A lot of places don't stop serving while there are still people so before you know it its 5 a.m. and the window has closed for the bang. Around 2:30-3 the girls start thinning out, so thats why I said if you're solo come a little earlier.

Race factor, safety, etc: I saw Nigerian and Asian tourist groups. There are some African and Middle Eastern students here. From the girls I talked to it seemed that Odessa has a much more relaxed vibe than Kiev when it comes to thugs beating foreigners. Some girls said they thought the Turks were annoying, but I also saw a few solid chicks with Turks/Arabs. I didn't go clubbing enough to tell you if minorities are hooking up at night. I really can't say what your experience will be like if you come alone and are a minority. It is a tourist city though so I think its probably better than Kiev.

I never had a run-in with the cops, but I never look at them and I never speak English in earshot of them either. Because of this I didn't bother carrying my passport.

Results: 3 bangs/2.5 weeks. Only one was a true SNL. One girl I met there was really cool and I spent a lot of time with her. The girls here are flaky even by EE standards. Something to do with the beach atmosphere. Definitely double-book when possible.

Awesome, thanks man. Great sheet.

Great sheet.

Did you find much difference attitude and DTF wise between the girls in Kiev and Odessa?

Damn you Soma, i'm very jealous!. I need to get my ass out of Germany and to Odessa sharpish.

Managed a make-out with a 7 blonde but her friend came up and simultaneously grinded on me while completely blowing me out. I had a semi-boner going from hooking up and she just got in between us started grinding me while telling her friend they had to leave. Fucking bizarre cockblock.

Even the cockblocks sound awesome.

I have to go to Odessa.

I would love to see some beach photos [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (06-27-2012 05:08 PM)Blunt Wrote:  

Where to stay: Well I would say there are two basic choices. You want to either be by Direbasovskaya Street which is in the center or by Arkadia which is a beach/boardwalk/club scene. If you want to be hitting the beach a lot and clubbing every night stay in Arkadia. If you're not into the club scene and want to be close to restaurants/bars/cafes stay near Dierbasovskaya street. Or try some of both. I would recommend a private apartment, don't know about hostels. Prices go up in June-August.

How did you find your apartment?

Quote: (06-28-2012 01:36 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Great sheet.

Did you find much difference attitude and DTF wise between the girls in Kiev and Odessa?

I think Odessa girls are just flakier. I didn't experience flaking with Kiev girls when we agreed to meet on a time and date.

DTFwise...basically the same. Kiev seemed to follow more closely to the 2-3 date rule but then again girls there would go a lot farther on the first date then what I experienced in other FSU cities. I wasn't in either place long enough to have a conclusive answer on this but I would say go for the kill harder in Odessa, if only because it might be a week or more before you see her again.

Quote: (06-28-2012 05:12 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Damn you Soma, i'm very jealous!. I need to get my ass out of Germany and to Odessa sharpish.

Soma?

Quote: (06-28-2012 05:54 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

How did you find your apartment?

AirBnB. Make sure to contact at least 4 or 5 people because some of the companies on there are shady. One company would put up an ad for $35/night, then you message them and they say oh sorry friend that apartment is now busy but I have this one for $55, and then you say alright well send me the details, and then that one is also busy..they see how far they can take you up.

If I did it again I would hollar at a girl on CS not even to try and fuck but just that wanted to be friends and get her to find a place for me. Every time I've gone to an FSU city I end up meeting a girl who says 'you are paying how much a night?!...next time you come call me and I'll find you a much better place for the local price'

It gets pretty booked up in the summer. If you have trouble on AirBnB just search 'одесса сутки' and you can find some independent agencies.

Quote: (06-28-2012 08:51 PM)Blunt Wrote:  

Quote: (06-28-2012 05:12 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Soma?

Haha I have no idea why I called you Soma, maybe he has a pic of a girl with big tits too.

Do you mind me asking approximately how much you paid for that apartment?

Yes that's a usual AirBnB trick, they don't have an apartment at all, but if they get the interest they will look for one.

It was $35/night with a discount for paying in cash.

Quote: (06-30-2012 12:09 AM)Blunt Wrote:  

It was $35/night with a discount for paying in cash.

Nice price

I used dobovo.com for apartment when I was there. reliable and honest prices.
Another site with cheaper options is:
http://vlasne.ua/
Only Russian though via email they do respond in English.
CS was quite a waste of time, dated 4-5 girls from there and maximum was a make out with a 6.5 or so, Mamba is better.
I was in early winter so stayed in the center and the Arkadia was all closed at that time. Sounds it is worth to come in summer and stay there.
Another good tip- rent a car and be independent , good to roam around smaller towns in the area which foreigners less visit.

The reigning club is Ibiza. I have to say...I have become accustomed to seeing hotties everywhere in the FSU but my first time in Ibiza was overwhelming. Its unreal.

My exacts thoughts and feelings the first night I entered that club as well. Out of this world.

The beach area in the day time is very pleasant too. The same is the club next to it. For a more relaxed and/or less expensive swim, you can walk another few minutes along the shore.

Personally I did most of my swimming at Otrada beack. Its much more laid back.