rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Father's Day is Sunday, June 17, 2012

Don't forget it!

I got my gift already.

Quote: (06-15-2012 05:45 PM)Menace Wrote:  

I got my gift already.

What did you get?

If any of you are in Hawaii, or Haleiwa specifically, we're having a major barbeque at my house this Sunday. I got at least 40 lobsters crawling around a kiddie pool, and 200 steaks easy. We got a chef with some credentials cooking. I probably got enough booze to get 300 people loaded.

Yes there will be women.

Please rsvp.

Aloha!

Quote: (06-15-2012 05:56 PM)Kona Wrote:  

If any of you are in Hawaii, or Haleiwa specifically, we're having a major barbeque at my house this Sunday. I got at least 40 lobsters crawling around a kiddie pool, and 200 steaks easy. We got a chef with some credentials cooking. I probably got enough booze to get 300 people loaded.

Yes there will be women.

Please rsvp.

Aloha!

Damn Kona, that sounds LEGIT.

That is some real Island hospitality.

You got any Spam musubi and Kalua Pig up in there? (I just made myself mad hungry).

You are The G.

Quote: (06-15-2012 06:03 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

You got any Spam musubi and Kalua Pig up in there? (I just made myself mad hungry).

No musubi's, but I might need to put a pig in the ground because we keep "practicing" cooking the lobsters.

This is the way to go:
[Image: attachment.jpg6516]   

Booze might run out by then too.

aloha!!

Can us forum members use your local surf spots without hassle on fathers day after the cookout Mr. Ambassador?

Quote: (06-15-2012 05:51 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (06-15-2012 05:45 PM)Menace Wrote:  

I got my gift already.

What did you get?

Handmade card and a pen holder my daughter decorated made from a can of fruit.

Quote: (06-15-2012 05:56 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Yes there will be women.

Please rsvp.

Aloha!

I would seriously like to take you up on your Hawaiian hospitality some day.

got my pops some nike freeruns and "the tao of jeet kune do."

Going golfing with the old man. Should be fun.

Lets give some props to some pops whom know whats up and set thier sons on that good path:

Alan Thicke & Robin Thicke
[Image: alan-thicke-440.jpg]

Taught son game...

[Image: patton4.jpg]
[Image: robin-thicke-paula-patton-270x400.jpg]

Old man still got it. Bags 35 year old when he's 65.
[Image: Alan+Thicke+and+Tanya+Callau-ALO-027880.jpg]

I tend to consistently forget this holiday. I've never actually seen my father, so there has never really been anything to celebrate.

"Boo-hoo, sad story...black-American dad story..."

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

I'm taking my old man for beers and to a cricket match, very English right? [Image: lol.gif]

I'm cooking my Dad and Grandfather a French Laundry/Bouchon/Ad Hoc (Thomas Keller) meal at my parent's house.

Quote: (06-16-2012 03:40 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

I tend to consistently forget this holiday. I've never actually seen my father, so there has never really been anything to celebrate.

Do you actually know where he is?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

i never know what to get/do for fathers day. suggestions?

Quote: (06-16-2012 04:45 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

A nice tie or some cologne.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Try this.

I am getting my Dad that and setting up his Kindle and buying three books (of his choice) for him.

Wald

Quote: (06-16-2012 04:47 PM)Moma Wrote:  

A nice tie or some cologne.

Thanks for the good suggestion, but he doesn't wear either. Maybe I'll get him a book on paleo eating or something.

[Image: glenmorangie-lasanta.jpg]

Pretty excited to give this to my old man in a few hours.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (06-16-2012 03:26 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Yeah, know the address and all. Have pictures, and we've spoken a few times via phone.
I used to be more torn up about the whole absence as a boy, but I'm less bothered by the distance now (hence the sarcastic Drake quote). My goal now is just to see him at least once before he goes. He's in his late 60's, so that'll have to be within the next few years I guess. We'll see.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

A copy of Day Bang

Quote: (06-17-2012 01:34 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Quote: (06-16-2012 03:26 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Yeah, know the address and all. Have pictures, and we've spoken a few times via phone.
I used to be more torn up about the whole absence as a boy, but I'm less bothered by the distance now (hence the sarcastic Drake quote). My goal now is just to see him at least once before he goes. He's in his late 60's, so that'll have to be within the next few years I guess. We'll see.

From man to man, I think you should do it. Swallow your emotions and feelings of resentment. This is for you, not for him. And it is for you, not for him. You learn a lot about yourself by seeing your father.

I did this recently on my own dime. I hadn't seen him in a very looong time. He was very surprised and I didn't let him know I was even showing up.

It resolved quite a few things for me.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (06-17-2012 08:17 AM)Moma Wrote:  

From man to man, I think you should do it. Swallow your emotions and feelings of resentment. This is for you, not for him. And it is for you, not for him. You learn a lot about yourself by seeing your father.

I did this recently on my own dime. I hadn't seen him in a very looong time. He was very surprised and I didn't let him know I was even showing up.

It is definitely planned, though I'm not sure exactly when it will happen. I do not resent him anymore (that was more of a childhood/teen thing), which will make it possible for me to go do the meet without too much issue.

I'm sure you're right about the importance, so I won't forget.

Quote: (06-17-2012 09:05 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Quote: (06-17-2012 08:17 AM)Moma Wrote:  

It is definitely planned, though I'm not sure exactly when it will happen. I do not resent him anymore (that was more of a childhood/teen thing), which will make it possible for me to go do the meet without too much issue.

I'm sure you're right about the importance, so I won't forget.

This is a common thing for a strong male. No fatherly figure, you end up extremely pussified or extremely strong.

My dad, dead at gun point (age 12) blood on my shirt 4 days later I am stealing food and living under a bridge doing homework to find a way to go to college only to be denigrated by my peers as a kid who will never make it. Clown shoes.

My brother? Broke. Can't get laid. Can't be helped, I have tried.

This is why I always laugh when people consider fighting as "strong men", joke. I agree it's stronger than the pussification of men. But you want to really man up stare down a barrel.