rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tips On Gaming Summer Intern

So I just started a new job a couple months ago and its going well. A couple hotties (unfortunately not in my department) that I've been trying to lay the groundwork for. Nothing panning out thusfar.

Two weeks ago however, our summer intern started. Cute, redhead, innocent, nervous about having a "real" job. She's still a junior in college, so probably 20 or 21. Perfect target.

I don't always have time during the day to talk to her (client meetings, deliverables, etc.) but every other day or so I walk by her desk and stop for a minute. Trying not to make it too obvious my intentions. She came out with me to lunch one day last week, and I was doing most of the talking, but she was asking me a few questions about the job and other things.

What's my next plan of attack? I'm assuming the best thing is to set up a work happy hour, get a few drinks in her and see how loosened up she gets. One potential issue is that she might always be on a time constraint because she takes the train to work and its about a 45 minute ride. I could always try and offer her a lift home since we're going in the same direction (I drive) but she's even further away than I am.

Whats your guys' plan of attack on this one?

Maniero,

I've been in this exact same situation before. The odds are against you and I'll tell you why:

"She came out with me to lunch one day last week, and I was doing most of the talking, but she was asking me a few questions about the job and other things."

Now, this girl might be crushing on you and she's genuinely nervous. However, without knowing any more background than your initial post, I think that your odds are slim. A girl who's a junior in college knows damn well how to play the game and, from what you wrote, it doesn't seem like she was feeling you too much (you doing most of the talking, her " mostly job related" questions).

The bit about the logistics won't matter if she digs you.

My example was:

1. Interviewed the intern

2. After she was hired I invited her up to my town (about an hour away) as she'd mentioned how "boring" being back home is.

3. SNL which continued throughout the summer.

Other members can check me on this but I think a happy hour (preferably organized by someone else) would be your best chance. Just understand that your odds of hitting it are likely on the low side.

As you probably know, there's a little more at play here if you fail to bone (or if you do bone) this girl. My company was small, I was doing well in sales, and (most importantly) the girl never complained - so nobody cared. Looking back I was kinda beta and very lucky to have that go as well as it did.

Lastly, the best thing you can do is crunch a ton of numbers and have a couple other prospects going, so, when the happy hour does happen, you genuinely won't care either way if you get with this girl or not. The genuine, mild indifference to the outcome will, in and of itself, boost your odds of getting with this girl (and any other girl, for that matter).