rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Psychology

Psychology

A few years ago I started really studying MBTI, a method of accessing personality types. I've gotten pretty good at quickly reading what personality type someone is. I won't bother with a break down of what the various types are, you can find that all out with a google search. I've noticed that I tend to have the best luck with girls that have specific personality types, and they tend to not be quick or easy lays. The type of girls that are the easiest lays tend to be of the personality types that I don't mesh well with in the first place. When you know how to read people's personality types based off a few clues, you have instant insight into their values and what makes them click. Game doesn't work equally well with all personality types. Certain types such as NF types(you can look up what that means specifically), are looking for deep connection and they tend to see through games and BS quicker than most other types of girls. Being cocky/funny, teasing, acting very sexually forward, indifferent, insensitive and shit like that doesn't work as well with them. You have to put in the most work with these type of girls. They tend to be looking for interesting guys they can have fascinating and meaningful conversation with they are usually looking for some kind of soul connection. And once you get past that point, you can move into the sexual realm. ES type girls are more the type that lives for the moment, likes to have fun, is very sensual and into sensual experiences, tends to not be much into heavy conversation topics. To them they are probably looking for playmates more than soulmates. I already know that if I want a serious girlfriend, she has to come from the NF type, because that's who I best enjoy being around when it comes to personality. But if I want sex, I have to avoid NFs and try for ES types because they're so much quicker.

There's 16 specifically types they've laid out. When I found mine, it was pretty incredible how accurate it is.

Psychology

are there online tests?

Psychology

I like the Meyers Briggs personality type stuff, I'm ENTJ, which according to wikipedia makes me like Margaret Thatcher and Richard Nixon, which I'm not sure is a good thing [Image: tongue.gif]

Then again, I see a little bit of myself in all of the people listed on the page, at least of the ones I recognize.

Pretty cool you brought this up. I later found this as well, which I'm sure can be configured to your personality type:
http://www.lovetype.com/entjtips.html

Psychology

Quote: (11-23-2009 03:44 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

I like the Meyers Briggs personality type stuff, I'm ENTJ, which according to wikipedia makes me like Margaret Thatcher and Richard Nixon, which I'm not sure is a good thing [Image: tongue.gif]

Then again, I see a little bit of myself in all of the people listed on the page, at least of the ones I recognize.

Pretty cool you brought this up. I later found this as well, which I'm sure can be configured to your personality type:
http://www.lovetype.com/entjtips.html

I did this test:

http://www.passionprofit.com/itest.html

with this result:

Quote:Quote:

Exciter Personality Type
Results:
Personality type: "Exciter"
Purpose: "CREATOR"
(Comparable Enneagram Types 6 and 7.)
(see information about "Entrepreneurophobia" at end)

What It Means to be an Exciter:
According to the test results, you have a high degree of "Exciter" in your personality/behavior type. Here are some insights into the patterns and personality of The Exciter.

The Exciter's Prime Directive
Recognizing the Exciter
What moves the Exciter to action
How the Exciter Inspires others
How to be a better Exciter
Where Exciter Find Passion
Can An Exciter Turn Passion Into Profit?
Exciters in Love

The Exciter's Prime Directive:
Exciters are inspired by fun, enthusiasm, happiness and energy! Exciters gravitate towards activities that are fun, and exciting.

Recognizing the Exciter
Exciters tend to dress in loud bright colors which reflect their own bright, sunny disposition. They are outgoing and spontaneous and are inspired by the pursuit of a good time.

What Moves The Exciter To Action
To inspire an exciter, use words like "fun", "party", "enjoyment", and "freedom." If you're speaking to an exciter, you've got to be animated, expressive and enthusiastic to grab their attention. Notice them and things they do and they'll be your friend forever!

To get an Exciter to take action in the face of fear, reframe the necessary action as one that will be fun, and/or lead to enjoyment.

How Exciters Inspire Others
Exciters are the life of the party and inspire the same level of enjoyment of life in others. Exciters are people-oriented and make people feel welcome with their winning smiles and group-oriented behavior.

How to Be A Better Exciter
Exciters, however, can tend to be too "flighty." They may have a short attention span and tend to be a bit too impulsive in their behavior. To be a better Exciter, therefore, they should work on balancing fun with work. They should work on creating their long-term good rather than simply instant gratification. They should also work on controlling their emotions when things don't go their way.

Where Exciters Find Passion
Exciters do better in professions and positions which allow them freedom, interaction with others, travel, a changing environment, wealth and status. Exciters make great salespeople, stockbrokers bankers, investors. They tend not to do well in jobs that are repetitious, factual, or laden with paperwork, charts, graphs and numbers. However, because anything one does can be improved by imposing order in one's life, Exciters can succeed in any profession if they develop their Informer nature. Exciters think in terms of fun, people and socializing. The spontaneity, humor and popularity that are natural expressions of who they are can be of value to those who seek the same in their lives. Providing people with ways to experience joy in their lives can be a very profitable passion.

Can Exciters Turn Passion Into Profit?
If you are aware of your strengths and weaknesses, and willing to do what it takes to achieve a balance in your life, it is ultimately possible for any of the personality types to turn passion into profit.

While their desire to be everywhere at once favors the consumer side of our society, the Exciter must go against their normal grain to achieve their dreams. Because they are usually focusing on everything else but the task at hand, Exciters may miss the success that comes from patience, order and the ability to commit to tasks until their dreams come true. The key to real success for you as an Exciter while on the journey from passion to profit will be to "commit, focus, have patience and wait for your good to take shape." (Take a tip from Walt's Friday Inspiration Life Rhyme #177": Can You Wait That Far?)

Exciters in Love
Not wanting to stand still for too long, Exciters may have many partners during their life and leave a few broken hearts along life's journey. They tend to be attracted to Informers who have the organization, order and control that they lack. Exciters get along well with Competitors since they both take life at a fast pace.

Creator, Savior, Guru or Guide?
There's a good chance you might be a CREATOR.See the "Purpose" chapter for more details. If you scored highly in another Passion-Seeker type, find out more about that type below.

Competitor
Supporter
Exciter
Informer

Psychology

If you want realness then don't put yourself and others in boxes.

Psychology

Ok, first of all, do you think Freud's theories are real? And does the 'transferance' techniques actually work? My psychology teacher at school told me that if a psychologist wants to flirt with a client he has to send the client to another psychologist. Sometimes they also tend to send femal clients to female psychologists and with males also because there have been multiple strange stalker clients situations. One guy lost his job for 5 years because of a false rape accusation from a client who fell in love (literally) with him.

Psychology

Quote: (01-24-2012 11:53 AM)Andreas Wrote:  

Ok, first of all, do you think Freud's theories are real? And does the 'transferance' techniques actually work? My psychology teacher at school told me that if a psychologist wants to flirt with a client he has to send the client to another psychologist. Sometimes they also tend to send femal clients to female psychologists and with males also because there have been multiple strange stalker clients situations. One guy lost his job for 5 years because of a false rape accusation from a client who fell in love (literally) with him.

Flirting is unacceptable in my opinion in a psychologist-patient situation.

Psychology

Actually I am not looking for realness. I am looking for practical solutions.

Psychology

Quote: (01-24-2012 12:41 PM)Bill Wrote:  

Actually I am not looking for realness. I am looking for practical solutions.

Yeah, in that case go ahead.

Psychology

Quote: (01-24-2012 11:53 AM)Andreas Wrote:  

Transference: Freud said that transference is usually 'I think that the other one knows', 'I don't know but the other one knows , like a child looking at his parents and saying 'They know'. Freud believed that transference ends ( and this is one of the goals of therapy ) when the patient looks at the therapist and says 'Hmm, now I also know.'.

The 'French Freud', called Jacques Lacan said that Freud was wrong because therapy really ends when the patient looks at the therapist and realizes that nobody knows. Not even the therapist.

Psychology

MBTI holds the seductive power of being able to tell you exactly what you told the test, except phrased slightly differently so that you think it's some insight into your personality. It preys on the same human vulnerability that allows psychics to exist in a society that can scan the inside of the moon by keeping a pair of orbiting gravity measuring probes at a distance from each other accurate to within the width of a red blood cell.

If you're using it to "read" girls, stop and think about whether or not you'd have come to the same basic conclusions about her personality without the MBTI terminology. If I meet a girl at a coffee shop that's dressed in a subdued manner and has had her nose in a book the whole time without looking up, I'm going to have a base assumption that she's an "I". If she's dressed flashy and checking her phone every five seconds, I'm going to go with "E". But that's just replacing "shy" and "not shy" with letters. Even knowing nothing about MBTI you would have come to that conclusion, and hopefully adjusted your approach to either get the attention of the social butterfly, or not scare off the wall flower.

I fell for this thing back in college when I was trying to figure out a career. The result was similar to this: