rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

1300 USD a month, stay where?
300 USD a month, stay where?
A low budget..
Where would you recommend spending it?
Quote: (05-24-2012 02:10 PM)freshcream Wrote:  

A low budget..
Where would you recommend spending it?
As far away from that flag next to your handle as possible!!

Check out ALI's DR thread. He's having fun there and I think he found an apartment.
I was just talking with my cousin in Macedonia. She told me that you could easily live there for $5000 a year.
Apartments in the city are under $100 a month. Average worker makes $5-$7 a day.

I'm trying to see if I can pull off a working from home(my laptop) gig and maybe hang out there for a year or more.
It's a beautiful country with beautiful women. Just really poor.

Team Nachos
Parlay you could probably be the king of that place if the cost of living is that low!
Quote: (05-24-2012 02:44 PM)at350zguyy Wrote:  

Parlay you could probably be the king of that place if the cost of living is that low!
I know right?

I'll let you know if ...sorry WHEN I get situated. You can come by and chill out for a month or two.

If I can swing a $50k-$80k outsourcing/freelancing gig I'll be golden. I'll bank up most of it.

You know its very common for Macedonian dudes to go back there and wife up some poor uncorrupted little farm girl and bring her back to the US.

That's what happened to my other female cousin. She lives up in Buffalo now.

Team Nachos
Quote: (05-24-2012 02:28 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

I was just talking with my cousin in Macedonia. She told me that you could easily live there for $5000 a year.
Apartments in the city are under $100 a month. Average worker makes $5-$7 a day.

I'm trying to see if I can pull off a working from home(my laptop) gig and maybe hang out there for a year or more.

Don't fuck with me right now man.
I can cop a plane ticket there for under 300.
If this rumor is true..I will move in 2 days.

I am the cock carousel
Quote: (05-24-2012 03:10 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Don't fuck with me right now man.
I can cop a plane ticket there for under 300.
If this rumor is true..I will move in 2 days.

Here's some more info for you...

She pays $11 a month for cable internet, 100GB a month. Cell phones are everywhere.
You can buy brand name clothes and electronics as well.

Her words ..."It's a modern country just very poor".

My mother got a bunch of dental work done there for $300. Would have cost $5000 easily in the US.

$2 cab rides from the mountains to the cities.

I didn't ask about the availability of weed or coke. I need to keep up my image with my family. [Image: wink.gif]
I'm sure it's around if you know who to ask.

Go check it out for a week or two. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Team Nachos

damn
I would like to see a picture of this $100 a month flat.. it may not be up par with your average westerner's expected creature comfort level.
Macedonia seems very promising [Image: biggrin.gif]

I am going to DR in september, very excited ^^
Keep us updated, would definitely book a flight if its true. What language do they speak over there?
Macedonian, which is apparently quite similar to Standard Bulgarian.
How does Macedonia compare to Ukraine? Macedonia has a GDP per capita of about $5k as opposed to Ukraine's $3.6k so I would extrapolate that it is a little bit more expensive on average (although UA as a much bigger country would naturally have bigger differences based on area).
What about quality of life, infrastructure, internet connection quality, crime, corruption, police harassment, etc.? Human Development Index for these 2 countries is about the same and Ukraine is quite a shithole in my opinion, Macedonia looks much more attractive, could be a good base for location independent lifestyle...
Wow this Macedonia information is fascinating! Maybe Roosh needs to pay this little country a visit. [Image: smile.gif]

Please post more information on the girls, culture, whatever information you can provide.

"Avoid success at all costs."
Quote: (05-24-2012 04:54 PM)Rurik Wrote:  

Macedonian, which is apparently quite similar to Standard Bulgarian.

Pretty much. If you have a background in any Slavic language you'll be able fumble through Macedonian pretty well. English is common though.

Team Nachos
Macedonia is really close to Albania.

It might be stereotypical..but Albanians don't have the best Rep in Europe.
And I've only met one Albanian that wasn't straight up racist towards me.

It's a legit question.
How are Macedonians in terms of tolerance of other races?

Im taken your word..looked up cost of living comparisons
hamburg v Skopje

Even if not for the women..Id go there just for some time off.
But im not trying to get jumped just looking different in the bar.
Not every country wants foreigners taking advantage of their resources

I am the cock carousel
Quote: (05-24-2012 07:41 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Macedonia is really close to Albania.

It might be stereotypical..but Albanians don't have the best Rep in Europe.
And I've only met one Albanian that wasn't straight up racist towards me.

It's a legit question.
How are Macedonians in terms of tolerance of other races?

Im taken your word..looked up cost of living comparisons
hamburg v Skopje

Even if not for the women..Id go there just for some time off.
But im not trying to get jumped just looking different in the bar.
Not every country wants foreigners taking advantage of their resources

I haven't been there since I was a kid. Probably 20 years ago or so. I keep in contact with some family though. So take what I say about the culture with a grain of salt.

The girls might be ok with dating other races. The guys tend to be kinda hot headed and irrational and constantly bitch about my least favorite subject ...politics. They might give you a hard time. I'm guessing your black?

If Albanians have a bad rep it's probably because they're Muslims. Muslims tend to have a bad rep anywhere in Europe. Same with Jews. It's nothing new though. Been that way for a 1000 years.

Team Nachos
Cool website Sourcecode. According to it the prices in Macedonia are very similar to Philippines:

Consumer Prices Including Rent in Philippines are 0.58% higher than in Macedonia
Quote: (05-24-2012 09:43 PM)SVK Wrote:  

Cool website Sourcecode. According to it the prices in Macedonia are very similar to Philippines:

Consumer Prices Including Rent in Philippines are 0.58% higher than in Macedonia

And we all know those islands are just about the gold standard for expats seeking low-cost of living.

Could we have found the perfect compromise to the great debate between the many who have dueled over the merits and demerits of SE Asia as a destination vs. E. Europe?
A Philippine cost of living blended with E. Euro women? Keep the absurdly low cost of everything, and the high quality Euro babes all at once? No need to pick one or the other? And I get to stay in close proximity to the rest of Europe the entire time?

This would be paradise for some here, so if anyone can get more recon on Macedonia I think it'd be welcomed.

Oh, and if you'd like to get more familiar with Macedonia, there are loads of photos here.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.
Rent Per Month Macedonia USD

Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre
225.19 $

Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre
166.14 $

Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre
445.77 $

Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre
316.82 $

Found this on http://www.numbeo.com

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin
Been a lot of shit happening in Macedonia recently, Macedonians killed by Albanians. Situation will only get worse.

You can live comfortably in Belgrade for that money, much cooler city, better nightlife, better girls.
There are a TON of places you can stay for that amount. Break it down for us a bit more. What type of environment do you want to live in? Preference for language spoken? Island or no island? Capital city? Smaller city? Beach city? Asian girls? Black girls? Latin girls? White girls?
What do Macedonian girls look like?
Quote: (05-25-2012 05:26 AM)Blunt Wrote:  

What do Macedonian girls look like?

[Image: 1431926725_l.jpg]

Team Nachos
Naughty Nomad wrote a Skopje City Guide which may be of interest.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?