rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Experimental return of rep points

I think the Like system has been very successful in the past month, with over 3,000 likes given. In my search to find the best equilibrium for the forum, I have brought back the reputation system (with post reps disabled). I would like to see how things go with both a like and reputation function in place for the next month.

Feel free to catch up on reps by giving them to some of the newer members who have made solid contributions in the past 3 months when rep points were disabled.

The following two rules still apply:

1. Do not use the number of likes or reps you have to pimp slap another member who has less than you. These are not elitist tools, just something to help filter high quality posts and members.

2. Do not beg for likes and reps or privately try to exchange them with other members. Send me a PM if you suspect members are doing this.

Hells yeah. Just in time. Ya'll gonna see a pimp ass data sheet out of the DR. Or at least some stories to tell your grand kids. [Image: angel.gif]

Interesting/unexpected turn of events!

I think it only brought back certain rep points or truncated rep points beyond a certain age. Even Mixx is back below 100. Mechanico--who proudly displayed "Reputation 48" in his signature for at least a month--is below that. I can't remember my exact count (I mention it in a thread somewhere), but it was higher than it is now. Is this intentional?

http://www.rooshvforum.network/user-605.html
http://www.rooshvforum.network/user-2883.html

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Ruh roh, can we expect a return of the Mixxster?

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (05-09-2012 11:42 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

I think it only brought back certain rep points or truncated rep points beyond a certain age. Even Mixx is back below 100. Mechanico--who proudly displayed "Reputation 48" in his signature for at least a month--is below that. I can't remember my exact count (I mention it in a thread somewhere), but it was higher than it is now. Is this intentional?

It's probably because post rep points were removed because of the like system so it only shows general rep points now.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (05-09-2012 11:42 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Since post reps are disabled, they are no longer shown. Mixx had 15 post reps, so that's why he's now at 90 instead of 105. While Mixx is always welcome in the forum, I don't expect this change will encourage his return.

I think reps should be used for a member who you often hit Like for, as a greater appreciation for his posts.

Someone should threaten to leave until the rep system is disabled again. It can be like a revolving door thing.

[Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (05-09-2012 11:50 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Someone should threaten to leave until the rep system is disabled again. It can be like a revolving door thing.

[Image: lol.gif]

I'm leaving unless my hard earned 78 rep points are returned.

Quote: (05-09-2012 11:48 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I think reps should be used for a member who you often hit Like for, as a greater appreciation for his posts.

This.

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

The return of Mixx?

Ehh I'm over the rep point thing. Gives too much weight to people's opinions when it doesnt really correlate to any real world situation. I think there's a lot of keyboard cowboys around here just talking the talk.

I say if 10 people click like on a post it should equal 1 rep point. Greater than 10 means nothing.

Team Nachos

Great to see the Rep points brought back , I seriously think the level of quality posts went down in the last couple of months.....

I also think MiXX should return , He is a quality contributor and a solid Player as I have spent some time gaming with him......

I am going to hollar at yoda MiXX

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

[Image: tumblr_m2pl1ccZtB1r3zat8.gif]
[Image: tumblr_m2pis4GDY41r3zat8.gif]
[Image: tumblr_lxeopkwoAD1r3zat8.gif]
[Image: tumblr_lwfsvluq3S1r3zat8.gif]
[Image: tumblr_ls5l21cyoV1qafrh6.gif]
[Image: tumblr_lq0hdsT3lR1qafrh6.jpg]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

It would be great if Mixx were to come back. Before all this we talked about giving Neil an extra 20 points to keep him happy. Is this on the table still?

Sure enjoying the rep system. It's nice to see my old posts.

For every day that Mixx doesn't show up, one of his rep points should go to Neil.

Meh. There's Likes, there Stars, there's your number of post dependent title. (Game Denialist, Recovering Beta, Chubby Chaser, etc) The reputation system on top of this just seems to me superfluous, redundant, and unnecessary.

What you probably want to look at is the virtual economy models of other boards. Some boards have coins instead of rep points, and they're used to buy the ability to have an avatar pic, fancy text for your name, and little icon badges to put under it. There's a whole economy where the admins grant coins for doing things they want to encourage (like posting Travel Datasheets and creating icons), and users have the ability to gift coins to each other. Once experienced users have accumulated the 150-250 points needed to fully pimp out their avatar, they then tend to spend their coins rewarding others for good posts. bgg.cc is one model you could model.

The problem with this is Roosh could easily spend all his time managing a virtual economy rather than writing books and gaming girls. Which would be too high a cost.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (05-09-2012 10:45 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I think the Like system has been very successful in the past month, with over 3,000 likes given. In my search to find the best equilibrium for the forum, I have brought back the reputation system (with post reps disabled). I would like to see how things go with both a like and reputation function in place for the next month.

Feel free to catch up on reps by giving them to some of the newer members who have made solid contributions in the past 3 months when rep points were disabled.

The following two rules still apply:

1. Do not use the number of likes or reps you have to pimp slap another member who has less than you. These are not elitist tools, just something to help filter high quality posts and members.

2. Do not beg for likes and reps or privately try to exchange them with other members. Send me a PM if you suspect members are doing this.

This smellys....fishy. Roosh, did Mixx make you an offer you couldn't refuse?

Everyone keeps thinking this is going to lure Mixx back in. I guarantee you it won't.

Quote: (05-09-2012 01:47 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Everyone keeps thinking this is going to lure Mixx back in. I guarantee you it won't.

Then what would ? I would like to propose we all request the return of our favorite forum player MiXX, his posts were spot on and Fun.

Roosh welcomed him back, I want him back , I think if enough of us want him back on RVF, he will be back [Image: smile.gif] and he can put all this behind him. So all of us who want MiXX back let's hollar at him .............

Lets just start a bunch of junk Medellin threads with newbs claiming to bang models with no Spanish skills. We'll flush him out.

Quote: (05-09-2012 02:10 PM)Lothario Wrote:  

Quote: (05-09-2012 01:47 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Then what would ? I would like to propose we all request the return of our favorite forum player MiXX, his posts were spot on and Fun.

Roosh welcomed him back, I want him back , I think if enough of us want him back on RVF, he will be back [Image: smile.gif] and he can put all this behind him. So all of us who want MiXX back let's hollar at him .............

Mixx is one of the more innovative people on this forum. I would love to see him come back.

Roosh are you going to keep the 'like' system in place still? I like it as a way to spot individual funny or quality posts. The rep points are just for the members' overall contributions or something that cant just be liked. I think one of the major turning points is when we could give a +1 for posts. That kind of made things go downhill.

Quote: (05-09-2012 10:45 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

@ Western Cancer : Higlighted part answers your question.....

Good move for bringing this point system back Roosh. However, noticed that my points level went down...any reason for that?