rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Argentina Trip Report - Buenos Aires / Mendoza Datasheets

I just spent almost 3 weeks in Argentina. I have previously visited South America but I wanted to try my game out in what is often known as 'the litmus test.'

I spent most of my time in Buenos Aires and a week in Mendoza. Both are awesome cities that I would recommend going to, each has its own charm.

I will detail some of my observations, but the best data sheets that I had saved on my iPhone for reference while I was there can be found:

Buenos Aires - thanks Riker
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-9743.html

Mendoza - thanks Soma
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8510.html

Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires has some of the craziest parties known to man and you can pretty much go out any night of the week and find somewhere where there's lots of people.

In my first few days in Buenos Aires I cannot say I was blown away by the quality of the women and would have considered the average around a 6.

However, gradually as my time wore on and I knew where to go more stunners appeared and I can concur this city has more than its fair share of them.

I did quite a few approaches during the day, and I found it took me a day or two to adjust my style a little also to adapt. I tried to keep to a minimum of 5 approaches a day to ensure the flag, as Roosh recommends in his Argentina Compendium.

I felt the girls were overall keen, but it was hard to lock them down and my phone fucked up a few times. So ensure you've got your phone on lock and to be sure it's activated just your sim card (if you have an unlocked phone already) directly from a recognised store like Movistar.

I made the mistake of buying a sim card from a kiosko, the card was already registered to some other person. So I wasted like 2 precious days that I could have been cooking leads on waiting for a sim card to activate that eventually didn't.

Day Game
I stayed in Palermo for the majority of my stay and as such my day game was focused around there.

I would recommend the following spots for meeting women during the daytime: Plaza Serrano, Plaza Armenia and you can pretty much walk the length of Avenida Santa Fe and bump into cute girls. I used to walk up Santa Fe and if I saw a girl at the bus stop I would stop and pretend I was getting the bus so I could talk to her. One time this resulted in me catching the bus with a girl!

However by far and away my favourite spot to day game was Parque Palermo. Man that placed is jam packed with poon-tang. People are there to run, play street hockey, dance, walk around or simply watch the world go by. Plentiful targets.

I went on Riker's recommendations to Bulnes the shopping mall and can confirm the quality of women there is great. Also the girls working there seemed to be quite receptive.

I also found the subway and public transport in general if your public transport game is on point. My favourite opener is always:

"Perdona sabes cuanto tiempo dura hasta (insert Metro stop/ Bus stop here)"
- Do you know how long it takes to get to...

If you're used to using Roosh's Day Game model then you can ramble for a short while about the metro/bus etc then I would always drop a 'Where I'm from' or 'In my country we don't have metro's like this blah blah.' Even though it's a form of bait I found if you drop it fairly early it doesn't matter because you're foreign and it will pique her interest and she will inevitably say 'Where are you from?' Bingo.

I found with my Spanish accent most were more than keen to chat to me.

If I lived in Buenos Aires for an extended period of time I would definitely focus hard on day game as I think the opportunities are there you just have to know where to look. There are certainly some gems to be had.

Night Game
As mentioned the nightlife in Buenos Aires is pretty awesome, always something good.

Terrazas
Huge megaclub on the outskirts of town. Packed to the rafters with pussy on the weekends and plenty of girls who want to practice their English. I lost count how many girls told me it was their 'dream' to speak English and/or live in the UK/US. You had better be able to transition from English to Spanish. However as with most of my stay in Argentina, converting initial interest in you and your status is a foreigner into a notch are two different matters. I think it would be very difficult to pull of a SNL here.

The logistics are horrible, as it's quite out of town, be warned taxi's have a monopoly so you need to get your logistics locked down or get out the club a little earlier than everyone else to avoid paying extortionate taxi fares.

Nonetheless, I think it's more than a suitable venue to meet girls and get numbers in preparation for day 2's if you can play the long ball game.

Kika
I went on a Tuesday night as Riker suggested and it was 50/50 gringos and Argentines. I got my Argentine flag here so thanks Riker for the suggestion. It's a generic type club with decent house music. The drinks fairly expensive for Argentine standards. Possibilities here. I think there's something going on pretty much every night, but Tuesday is the known foreigner/Argie mix.

Crobar
Honestly these are the types of clubs I avoid. We got bottle service here one night which was kinda fund. I hooked up in here, but because girls go out in huge groups I also got severely cockblocked. Difficult to spit any type of game because it's so loud. Not ideal gaming country.

I ended up hitching a ride on the Buenos Aires Pub Crawl bus because a guy I know helps to run it. Needless to say, avoid at all costs! Huge cockfest with annoying gringos screaming and trying to sing.

Alamo
It's an expat bar but locals go there to practice their English and meet foreigners. I went mid-week and the girls seemed very receptive, I speak Spanish anyway but I think you'd have no problem meeting girls in here that speak English. It's easier to game and mingle because the layout and vibe is what you're used to at home. Good pre-club venue.

Opening
I originally opened girls in Spanish because I speak fluently. But my friends told me to open in English, and it worked a charm. Girls were really open to it and even got their friends over to 'help translate.' I would then transition to Spanish claiming tongue in cheek that 'I didn't think you would understand my accent' - they never called me out on in. Open in English.

Mendoza
Mendoza really is a beautiful city and is worth travelling all the way across Argentina for.

I was in awe of the amount of beautiful women concentrated in one place. This is because there are 3 Universities and lots of small colleges dotted around, there is simply beautiful women everywhere.

Be warned, whilst it's beautiful it can get boring very quickly so I would recommend doing some type of excursion or wine tour during the day.

I did Mr.Hugo's bike tours where you pay around 40 pesos - he gives you wine and a map to go to all the wineries. This is as opposed to paying something like 150 pesos at a hostel and you still don't get to try wine in some places.

Day Game
You can walk the length of Avenida Villanueva, which is the main street any time of day and always find girls. Best time is during class hours.

Plaza Independenzia and I would highly recommend Parque San Martin - it's not only a great sight but there are plenty of women there, just don't go after dark.

Night Game
I went up and down the main strip Avenida Vilanueva for the duration of my stay. I kept returning to the venue Por Aca just like Soma during his stay and I would recommend this venue for DTF chicks.

Dalmajuana hostel has a very nice bar inside which I would recommend for a day 2 or taking a chick to that you met at a hostel or another place.

PPTH has some awesome music and is really popping during the weekends.

In Mendoza it really is a case of walk down the strip look at a bar that has a good vibe and pick one. It kinda has the feel of a large holiday resort in Spain with a big strip, but in a good way (minus the drunk Brits, Germans and fat chicks).

My night intel in Mendoza is not overly strong because I did go back to a few venues a couple of times and my stay was limited. I hear that Gutierrez nightclub is a good place frequented by an older local crowd so more 'direct' as a local player told me.

Summary
Getting an Argentine flag is no cakewalk, it takes balls and persistence, but if you want to test your game then this is the place to go. You need to be patient and be willing to put in effort.

You can pick up some nice gringa flags in a hostel, however I found there was a ratio of almost a million thirsty dudes to every hot chick. If you game them make sure you go on a trip or excursion and work them during the day!

If you want to succeed you need to be conversational in Spanish at least. Many guys complain about the women, for me they're very hot and can be a pain, but if you had a long stay and put in the work then I think you could reap the rewards.

Great data sheet... thanks for this!

Great report and nice passing of the "test".

Argentina is like a scab to me. I'll have to return to it some day.

Great report, enjoyed reading it. I also loved the city of BA and I made a mental note to return but for a longer time as the city is just too beautiful and the lifestyle great, a top place to perfect my spanish and watch one of my fav teams, Boca live on a regular basis.

dk902,

How long did it take you to get your flag?

Great report, brought back some memories. Kika on Tuesdays specifically.

Good report. Makes me serious want to check out Buenos Aires

Has anyone else with good Spanish and game been to Argentina? I have herd on the forum that its the hardest country in South America to game. I'm just wondering if that information is coming from someone who is used to going to the D.R and having to fight off girls with a stick. To Argentina where you may have to try a little harder to get the bang.

Curious to know how some guys with game and conversational Spanish could do there.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I speak Spanish and ive been to Argentina twice. I had a great time and found the women more receptive than most latin american countries. I got laid in Cordoba, Buenos Aires, Gualeguaychu and mar del plata. If I go back I plan to hit Mendoza and Rosario or Santa fe.

I also do well with Argentinas in the states so I guess they like my look and game.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Por Aca is definitively the best place here in mendoza, packed mostly with pretty girls.

Gutierrez is full of cougars and guys in their 40s with expensive clothing.

I´ve never been to any other.

I was in BA recently for a conference; in Mendoza now. Qualifier - I'm an older guy (40s) so much of the aforementioned situations with college women may not apply as easily. But a few observations so far:

Buenos Aries, generally:

Crime: It's out there and people get mugged (sometimes at gunpoint), but for the most part it's pickpockets, snatch and grabs, and the occasional "oops- let me rub that bird shit off of your coat while my buddy grabs your wallet" kind of cons. Be confident, smart and keep your wits about you and you'll be fine. And yes, you should probably avoid the parks at night.

Money: Everyone goes to the guys near the mall saying "cambio" all day, on the street selling pesos at a much better rate than the bank. You can still use your credit cards and the ATMs, but you will get the crappy government rate plus transaction fees (9 pesos to the dollar as opposed to 12.5). If you use the street vendors, just check your purchased pesos closely - they will occasionally slip in a fake 100 peso note (printed at home) in with the rest you just bought. Lots of the bars prefer pesos versus plastic, or even USD, so plan accordingly.

Getting around: Typical Latin America - Uber does not exist here, at least not yet. Taxis are your only option and a roll of the dice given the way they drive; you can rent cars or motorcycles but you'd better have good insurance. Try to be walking distance from your action (Palermo in BA is a good base).

Both BA and Mendoza (so far):

Women: Easily the hottest in SA, but not everyone under 25 is a 7+. I'd say they look much more European on average, and what Roosh said in his book about the darker ones being slightly easier is true. One of them grabbed my junk at a speakeasy bar without me even trying (BTW, speakeasy bars are a new trend Google for a few good ones in BA). Not sure if she was a pro, but I don't think so. And his observation about eye contact is also true. I've been getting a lot of it on the streets and elsewhere but indeed, forget all you ever learned about what it's supposed to mean.

Mendoza has noticeably more younger people, probably because of the college population, than does BA. I counted five hostels in Mendoza in the first day, but even so it isn't obviously saturated with UK/Aussie/Eurotrash types to the same level as SEA. Their presence or absence should not affect your game. But yes, it helps tremendously to speak fluent Spanish (I do not. Yet.)

It is so refreshing to see the majority of the population is not obese, does not wear flip flops and shorts, and for the most part goes through the day without looking like a bum. That said, I did see a smattering of tattooed women, purple/turquoise hair and gym equipment in the face in both BA and Mendoza. The cultural rot has not slipped this far south, at least not yet. There are of course smart phones, but not everyone is buried 24-7 in them, perhaps because of the cost of minutes, or perhaps out of personal safety concerns (can't look around for purse snatchers when you're posting Instagram pics).

I think for a younger guy with fluent Spanish skills and tight game, this country would still be a challenge, but a very worthwhile one. Roosh wrote about a native who said you need to join a Church to find the hotties, and I agree, the country is still isolated enough to be religiously conservative in many ways. If that means finding an 8 to crank out babies & live happily ever after, maybe that isn't such a bad thing - enjoy it while you can.

Regardless, your appearance as well as your approach will make a difference here more than other SA countries. Roosh could easily pass for a SA native, so he may have had a tougher time than would a guy who looks like Thor. For an older white guy like me, I need to play up the expensive clothes, wine knowledge and financial status game a lot more. I probably won't be here long enough to push it to the limit, but the preview is worthwhile - I would definitely consider a long term stay here, work permitting.

Happy Hunting,
Slickyboy