rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Robbed in Bangkok

Robbed in Bangkok

Guys,

I want to give a quick warning to all of you here in bangkok especially if you are doing heavy drinking. Last night I was hooking up with a girl at RCA that seemed alright. We went to an after hours club where she bought everything, and she paid for all the cabs. Literally, she PAID for everything so I thought it would be fine. The next morning I wake up and she wakes me up saying she needs to go because her mom wants to talk to her. Next thing I know I looked around and my wallet and cell phone were no where to be found. I am 99% sure she jacked them. I tried to make her stay to help me find them, but since at the time I was not entirely sure they were not just lost in my apartment I let her go (big mistake).

So now I am down an almost brand new iphone 4s and 2k baht.

Be careful, even if they do not seem sketchy they may very well be. I am going to be going to rca every day for the rest of the month I am here and I need to find out which after hours place she took me (she knew the people working there). I will find this bitch and at the very least get her arrested.

So just be careful. From now on if I bring a girl back I am hiding EVERYTHING that is valuable from them

Robbed in Bangkok

Here is my move. When you get back to your hotel room, many times they will want to use the bathroom. At that point, put your valuables in the hotel safe.

Also, I personally don't get drunk like that in public. Then again, I am not a drinker. That said, about 80% of the stories I hear where foreign guys get robbed (99% where women were involved) the dudes were drunk at the time.

Robbed in Bangkok

Also, Bangkok veterans, do any of you remember a smaller after hours place that seemed kinda dingy where there is a lot of people smoking hookah? There are also a lot of people smoking hookah outside in patio seating.

Robbed in Bangkok

Errr this is the oldest trick in the book. Nothing specific ti BKK.

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote: (05-05-2012 03:21 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

Also, If I do see her again which I personally think is likely, what do I do? Take a picture of her thats higher quality (condo security has some), or just hope she does not see me, follow her around, and call the police?

Robbed in Bangkok

I'm not sure, but I doubt the police will do shit. For one, you can't prove it. And for two, you are a falang in Thailand. No one gives a fuck about you out here. Ask someone more knowledgeable about the police in BKK, but I don't see them doing anything or giving a shit.

I put my camera, wallet and passport in a drawer in my condo. Now that I think about it, I'm going to put it in an even better hiding spot.

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote: (05-05-2012 03:27 AM)NewToPUA Wrote:  

Also, If I do see her again which I personally think is likely, what do I do? Take a picture of her thats higher quality (condo security has some), or just hope she does not see me, follow her around, and call the police?

I don't wanna come down hard on you but you are a seriously naive guy for losing your expensive stuff this way and do you really think the cops are gonna do ANYTHING about it ?

Rule number one when bringing a unknown girl back to your room : hide your valuables and lock the door from the inside and hide the key too. You just learned a valuable lesson here.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote: (05-05-2012 03:34 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I don't wanna come down hard on you but you are a seriously naive guy for losing your expensive stuff this way and do you really think the cops are gonna do ANYTHING about it ?

Rule number one when bringing a unknown girl back to your room : hide your valuables and lock the door from the inside and hide the key too. You just learned a valuable lesson here.

Ya it was incredibly stupid and I am pretty naive. She seemed like she had money (nice watch, a lot of cash, paying for everything for me, etc.) so I was not worried. It will be INCREDIBLY awkward though to see her at the bars now. Ya I have about 10k extra baht that I have hidden in my room somewhere where they would never find it. But I don't usually hide my cell phone in my condo because I use it so much.

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote: (05-05-2012 03:48 AM)NewToPUA Wrote:  

Quote: (05-05-2012 03:34 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Ya it was incredibly stupid and I am pretty naive. She seemed like she had money (nice watch, a lot of cash, paying for everything for me, etc.) so I was not worried. It will be INCREDIBLY awkward though to see her at the bars now. Ya I have about 10k extra baht that I have hidden in my room somewhere where they would never find it. But I don't usually hide my cell phone in my condo because I use it so much.

Also, does anyone know what it takes to make a bank account in Thailand? Can a foreignor do it? Otherwise I would have to fly to singapore to get new bank cards.

Robbed in Bangkok

Well, there's a low chance that you'll get your stuff back and they probably won't give a shit. But with that said you can

File a police report at your local station. Now I don't know if they have English documents or whether they have a translation service available. If not, you might have to contact the Tourist Police at 1155. The girl might be a repeat offender and the police might have had cases involving her.

Aside from hiding your valuables, next time know the whereabouts or at least the name of the after hours place the girl is taking you to. She might have easily taken you to a place where you're set up for robbery at gunpoint.

For setting up a bank account as a foreigner, I heard that it varies branch to branch, bank to bank. First few links off google: http://bangkok.angloinfo.com/countries/t...anking.asp
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/2607...-thailand/

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote: (05-05-2012 03:12 AM)NewToPUA Wrote:  

Guys,

I want to give a quick warning to all of you here in bangkok especially if you are doing heavy drinking. Last night I was hooking up with a girl at RCA that seemed alright. We went to an after hours club where she bought everything, and she paid for all the cabs. Literally, she PAID for everything so I thought it would be fine. The next morning I wake up and she wakes me up saying she needs to go because her mom wants to talk to her. Next thing I know I looked around and my wallet and cell phone were no where to be found. I am 99% sure she jacked them. I tried to make her stay to help me find them, but since at the time I was not entirely sure they were not just lost in my apartment I let her go (big mistake).

I am guessing this is your first trip to Bangkok or anywhere in SEA. The naivety in the way you lost your stuff and the way you think anyone over there will give a shit about it shows this. First thing you should have been suspicious of is she was buying you everything. To her, you had Dumb Farang written on your forehead. She liquored you up and baited you perfectly. You need to ask yourself, how many women in that part of the world will buy you all your drinks and cabs. Tell me, did you get to shag her or did she liquor you up so you were too drunk to do anything.

Be careful, even if they do not seem sketchy they may very well be. I am going to be going to rca every day for the rest of the month I am here and I need to find out which after hours place she took me (she knew the people working there). I will find this bitch and at the very least get her arrested.

So just be careful. From now on if I bring a girl back I am hiding EVERYTHING that is valuable from them

Mate, I would forget about her. She is long gone and so is your phone and cards. Even if you do somehow find her, she will deny it and get witnesses to say she was somewhere else. Dont let her ruin the rest of your holiday by obsessing over her.

If you have travel insurance claim your phone back from that. Try contact the people you bought your phone from too. Most of the modern phones have security built in which can disable the phone in the event of theft.

If you have a passport and a branch of your bank they may be able to organise something for you. Try your local embassy for the process. They would have dealt with thousands of guys like you and will know exactly what you need to do.

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote: (05-05-2012 04:55 AM)LifeBeginsAt40 Wrote:  

Guys,

I am guessing this is your first trip to Bangkok or anywhere in SEA. The naivety in the way you lost your stuff and the way you think anyone over there will give a shit about it shows this. First thing you should have been suspicious of is she was buying you everything. To her, you had Dumb Farang written on your forehead. She liquored you up and baited you perfectly. You need to ask yourself, how many women in that part of the world will buy you all your drinks and cabs. Tell me, did you get to shag her or did she liquor you up so you were too drunk to do anything.

Mate, I would forget about her. She is long gone and so is your phone and cards. Even if you do somehow find her, she will deny it and get witnesses to say she was somewhere else. Dont let her ruin the rest of your holiday by obsessing over her.

If you have travel insurance claim your phone back from that. Try contact the people you bought your phone from too. Most of the modern phones have security built in which can disable the phone in the event of theft.

If you have a passport and a branch of your bank they may be able to organise something for you. Try your local embassy for the process. They would have dealt with thousands of guys like you and will know exactly what you need to do.

Did shag her atleast. Normally I am pretty careful (I have not gotten blacked out drunk once here), but I had been day drinking yesterday so I was more drunk than I should have been. She was buying me drinks and I was actually refusing to drink them (but she drank a shit ton). Also, she seemed pretty wealthy and too be fair, she was VERY drunk too (couldn't even walk straight). I just thought I was lucky and scoring with a wasted college student.

The only real difference this time was that I usually do not sleep at all when I have girls over (or very lightly) this time I slept soundly. The odd thing though was she woke me up when she was leaving to say goodbye.

I am actually curious about the two other korean guys that were with me who went with her friends. They were actually REALLY loaded (both had on rolex's), I just hope they did not get screwed over more than I did.

I do have travelers insurance, that covers stuff like this? I will look into it.

Robbed in Bangkok

Travellers insurance should cover loss of phone and replacement of cards. I know when I travel I always buy my tickets with a credit card. Get free travel insurance if you buy 80% of ticket or more with your visa in my country. I used it to replace a stolen camera in St Petersburg with it. Camera cost me $400 and I got back $700 with insurance

Robbed in Bangkok

Sorry to hear that happened to you.

The fact she woke you up seems strange if she robbed you. Do you 100% remember coming back to your place with your phone/wallet or is it possible it was stolen/lost in the bars? If you are certain that she stole it from your room you really should have gone through her bag and searched her.

I always make a slit in my mattress in hotels so I can slide my valuables in there.

Lesson learnt.

Robbed in Bangkok

Well I may be in luck. My travel insurance I think covers it - assuming I can find the original receipt for my iphone (if not maybe the store can get me a new one?). Either way I learned a lesson though. I suppose the one good thing is I will have absolutely no reservations about lying to get in these thai girl's pants now.

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote: (05-05-2012 05:41 AM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Sorry to hear that happened to you.

The fact she woke you up seems strange if she robbed you. Do you 100% remember coming back to your place with your phone/wallet or is it possible it was stolen/lost in the bars? If you are certain that she stole it from your room you really should have gone through her bag and searched her.

I always make a slit in my mattress in hotels so I can slide my valuables in there.

Lesson learnt.

I remember having it. I also have the key card to my condo in my wallet so I would need it anyways to get in. I also remember thinking about taking a picture of her on my phone haha (she was that hot) so I had it there too.

I also thought it was odd that she woke me up. She also laughably tried to help me find my phone by calling it and saying it was off (which it was) and maybe I left it in the taxi (THAT may have been true - but I could not have left my wallet because it had the key card). Honestly, the fact she was initially helpful is the reason I did not make her stay so I could search her. She was incredibly attractive and I had gotten her phone number earlier in the night (I actually convinced her to keep partying) so I was considering calling her again. She probably would not want to talk to me if I forced a search on her haha.

I initially just thought I was drunk and misplaced it in the apartment - which is why I let her leave.

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote: (05-05-2012 05:27 AM)LifeBeginsAt40 Wrote:  

Travellers insurance should cover loss of phone and replacement of cards. I know when I travel I always buy my tickets with a credit card. Get free travel insurance if you buy 80% of ticket or more with your visa in my country. I used it to replace a stolen camera in St Petersburg with it. Camera cost me $400 and I got back $700 with insurance

Did you have the original receipt for it? In mine it says you need it but I am not entirely sure I have it. Also, when you buy phones in the USA you get a discount for going on a plan. Would they cover just what I paid, or the actual replacement cost for an iphone 4s which is much higher.

I am thinking even if I do not have the receipt I can probably go to sprint and have them print me off a new as I am sure they keep records of that.

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote:Quote:

She was incredibly attractive and I had gotten her phone number earlier in the night (I actually convinced her to keep partying) so I was considering calling her again. She probably would not want to talk to me if I forced a search on her haha.

Call her with what? I thought you lost your cell phone, and unless she wrote it on a piece of paper, her number along with it.

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote: (05-05-2012 05:50 AM)NewToPUA Wrote:  

Did you have the original receipt for it? In mine it says you need it but I am not entirely sure I have it. Also, when you buy phones in the USA you get a discount for going on a plan. Would they cover just what I paid, or the actual replacement cost for an iphone 4s which is much higher.

I am thinking even if I do not have the receipt I can probably go to sprint and have them print me off a new as I am sure they keep records of that.

I bought my camera through e-bay so got the invoice through that. If you got the phone on a plan that wont matter. They take the serial of the phone and include it in invoices. Well they do in Australia anyway and I think the process would be very similar elsewhere. Even if the replacement cost is higher, they still replace it. With my camera they couldn't replace the model so they gave me the recommended retail price for it.

Robbed in Bangkok

Sucks this happened, but I don't think it justifies the title. This is an old scam that can happen anywhere. It's not a new epidemic like your tone suggests.

Be careful about fearmongering.

Robbed in Bangkok

Quote: (05-05-2012 06:28 AM)the_conductor Wrote:  

She was incredibly attractive and I had gotten her phone number earlier in the night (I actually convinced her to keep partying) so I was considering calling her again. She probably would not want to talk to me if I forced a search on her haha.

Call her with what? I thought you lost your cell phone, and unless she wrote it on a piece of paper, her number along with it.

I had not looked for my phone yet. I thought it was just lying around my apartment. At this point I did not know it was missing except that it was not in the readily identifiable places (my charger). I had not looked in other places in the apartment. So if I had maybe left it on the couch/bathroom/wherever I did not want to accuse her of stealing.

And I do agree this is quite common, and its not exclusive to bkk. It has happened to friends of mine in the states. Either way though, if there are other people like me that have a tendency to overlook consequences this is a good reminder that you are not always immune. I mean I thought this was a fairly good chick, she appeared well dressed and like she had money, so I left my guard down.

In terms of the title, I just chose the title that best exemplified the situation. Was I not cautious enough? Definitely. But I was definitely robbed too. I think its just a good reminder that even supposed "nice" girls can have alterior motives.

Robbed in Bangkok

Charge it to the game.. In Koh Samui i would put all my valuables inside of a safe and put the key inside of my pillow case, then again i never got super drunk either.

Robbed in Bangkok

If an attractive woman in SEA is shouting you drinks all night then something is definitely not right. If it is a cougar understandable, but someone young and attractive in a country where the average wage is 1/10th of yours, it is highly surprising to find someone like that, let alone someone like that without an ulterior motive.

Robbed in Bangkok

ALWAYS girl proof your room. If I take a girl back as soon as we get in the room, even with girls I've been with many times, trust and know have money and are 99.9% not going to rob me, I wait for them to go into the bathroom then lock / hide my stuff away so they don't know where it is or if that's not an option stick it inside the pillowcase you're sleeping on, used to do that during my time as a backpackler in hostels. This isn't particular to BKK, it could have happened anywhere. You made a rookie mistake, learn from it and forget about it.

If an attractive woman in SEA is shouting you drinks all night then something is definitely not right. If it is a cougar understandable, but someone young and attractive in a country where the average wage is 1/10th of yours, it is highly surprising to find someone like that, let alone someone like that without an ulterior motive.

You're stereotyping, there's plenty of rich people here in Bangkok who can splash out on their guests. Plenty of girls have wealthy family and are funded by mummy and daddy or just have good jobs and make some good cash. I know a couple girls who will treat me when we go out, pick me up in their car, drive around all night, pay for dinner and drinks etc.

So you are confident she stole your stuff (as you claim it would have been impossible to get into the apartment without it) but instead of searching her you decided not to because she was hot and you might want to see her again? I don't get the logic. She robbed you but you're scared to upset her because she's hot. Also as conductor pointed out you lost your phone so how are you going to call her, you surely can't have memorised the number if you were that drunk?

Robbed in Bangkok

Here's a post from a guy trying to hunt down a girl in Thailand and get his stuff back (turns out she didnt take it though):
http://www.kingsofthailand.com/seven-goe...-thailand/

You might be able to track her down and threaten her with the Police ( who likely wont do anything, but perhaps the threat will work) - but maybe it's better a case of "lesson learned". She might have sold the phone on anyway by now.