rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Top Ten Pick Up Epiphanies by Neil Strauss

From the updated Rules of The Game

I thought this would be good to share:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061911...ive=380601

1. What you look like doesn't matter. But how you
present yourself does.

2. Nobody is judging you. They're too busy
worrying about what you think of them. So instead
of seeking her approval, give her yours. Then
take it away. Then give it to her again. This is
called flirting.

3. Women like nice guys. They just don't like
weak guys. So you can still be nice, but you must
also be confident and strong-minded. In order for
a woman to be with you, she needs to feel safe
with you.

4. It's not enough to just be yourself. You must
be your best self.

5. There's a thin, but important line between
being horny and being sexual. A horny man hits on
a woman before she’s attracted to him. A sexual
man waits until he’s attracted her.

6. Just because you're interacting doesn't mean
you're attracting. Learn to recognize the
difference between politeness and interest.

7. To win the heart of a woman, you have to be
willing to risk losing her.

8. When a girl you went on a date with in the
past or who suddenly disappeared on you calls you
out of the blue, it generally means one thing –
so call back right away before she finds someone
else to be with that night.

9. Always call a woman the day after sleeping
with her and make her feel good about having let
go with you. Even if you don't want to see her
again or she doesn't want to see you again. Don't
ruin her for other guys.

10. Finally, to quote the wisdom of Canadian
hockey player Wayne Gretzky, "You miss 100
percent of the shots you never take." So simply
by approaching and saying something, no matter
how badly you may bumble, you've dramatically
increased your odds of being with her.

enough of theories,let me get some practical now...too busy 2night eating my fav pussy [Image: blush.gif]

Neil and those guys really have this shit broken down. Alot of you guys/us have been studying the game so long that its almost becoming a "philosophy" , its starting to dig even "deeper" into the mind of Man, so deep that we are starting to question our "purpose". Are we just a bunch of soulless gorillas running around with our dicks in our hands? Can chasing pussy really be a worthy pursuit for a man?, Did we sell our souls to the devil? I havent read it yet but from reading the interview with Neil Straus and the amazon details in seems like ?'s like this come up in the "dark side of the game" part of this book(s). ....Are we wasting are time pursuing something that will never bring us true happiness ? WORRY NOT MY BROTHERS ! Einstein was a womanizer, John F. Kennedy, Che Guevara, Martin Luther King. This IS a natural and noble pursuit for a man....What else would a man dedicate his life to? .....kids (i hate um) ,a wife, a job, golf, sports, art, music, etc. etc. etc. Hey, I like hot women....more then golfing and watching football and pizza and beer and saving redwood trees and working out and being liked by other people....none of that stuff is any more "worthy" or "noble" then game. Any life pursuit will have its ups and downs.....In the end, its about what you want out of life......i know what i want....and to quote my 88 year old grandma who wont quit drinking or smoking...." you die the way you want and I'll die the way i want"

Giovonny your grandma is a G.

neil strauss is nothing but a good writer, he has zero game

Question on No. 9, doesnt this make you look a little bit needy?

Quote: (11-17-2011 06:22 PM)Kukku Wrote:  

Question on No. 9, doesnt this make you look a little bit needy?

You already had sex with her, so how is it going to hurt your game to be a gentleman and give her a call?

Quote: (11-17-2011 07:18 AM)bengalltigerr Wrote:  

neil strauss is nothing but a good writer, he has zero game

Eh? While I have little patience for PUAs, Neil Strauss' prowess in the field is well documented from several sources. During the heydays of Project Hollywood he was singled out as the best PUA on the scene. Of course you can take such dubious honors with a grain of salt but to say he has zero game is just way off base.

There seem to be a lot of guys who think that doing even the slightest of nicest things for a girl makes you a weak chump. Good luck to those guys finding decent women.
Yes, being too weak and supplicating is not attractive to women, but you need to remember that the opposite of "supplicating" is not "controlling dickhead". The opposite of supplicating is simply "not supplicating". Thinking in extremes will not help your game.

This is gold. Now I feel bad about not texting some girls after sex.

in my opinion, neil strauss number 9 doesnt make any sense,
calling a girl the day after just doesnt work out, why would you wanna
go out of your way to be a "gentleman" when u already fucked her ???

being a "gentleman" is like extra credit, its not neccesary,
and it usually makes the person look insecure if u ask me.

Quote: (11-21-2011 09:12 PM)StraightMackin Wrote:  

in my opinion, neil strauss number 9 doesnt make any sense,
calling a girl the day after just doesnt work out, why would you wanna
go out of your way to be a "gentleman" when u already fucked her ???

being a "gentleman" is like extra credit, its not neccesary,
and it usually makes the person look insecure if u ask me.

No, it's a legitimate piece of advice.

Basic power dynamics broken down for you:

Time - % Power Woman - % Power Man

Approach - 90% - 10%

(Remember, in the early stages it's up to us to run the interaction and one bad move can put you on an ice floe.)

Getting her number - 80% - 20%

(She kinda likes you, and now you have some wiggle; you can decide when and how to contact her.)

First Date (Beginning) - 70% - 30%

(This is where you need to come in with some sizzle. If your drink date game lacks sizzle, you aren't closing.)

First Date (Middle, assuming solid game) - 60% - 40%

(Always have the components locked down.)

Anyways you get it, skipping along...

After Sex - 15% - 85%

(Woman's thought-train after the first time sleeping with a new guy: 'Wait, does this mean he likes me? Did I put out too fast? Did I put out not-fast-enough? Is he seeing other girls? Is all he wanted sex? Will I ever even hear from this guy again? OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD!'

Man's thought-train after the first bang with a new girl: '...Nice...')

So what does all this mean? A woman starts any given interaction with a man with almost all of the power, but slowly it reverses and after sex, she has almost none of it. If you fuck a girl and want to do it again, a little courtesy will help; asshole game is a key tool, but like any other tool, it can be misused; would you use a sledgehammer to hammer in a 1.5 inch nail? Finesse.

exactly, after sex a man has the power he didnt have before, he has her thinking and worrying, thats the point, you want her to think, thats how you built attraction with girls, and by calling her up the next day and i quote 'make her feel good' your killing the illusion, girls like you most when they feel insecure, thats the point.

Quote: (11-21-2011 11:37 PM)StraightMackin Wrote:  

exactly, after sex a man has the power he didnt have before, he has her thinking and worrying, thats the point, you want her to think, thats how you built attraction with girls, and by calling her up the next day and i quote 'make her feel good' your killing the illusion, girls like you most when they feel insecure, thats the point.

You're not calling her up like a fool and saying how magical the night was and asking her to fill out a 27-page questionnaire evaluating your performance or saying that you think you're falling for her or shit, you're saying 'Last night was pretty fun, we should do it again sometime.'

Keep it breezy and you aren't shooting yourself in the foot.

i just avoid calling altogether, people like to call the next day, and i seen it work but its just less pressure on both parties
if you just call out random, the chances of being flaked on are less, i deal with a younger crowd so it might be different.

even roosh agrees with me on his post: http://www.rooshv.com/how-to-game-young-girls

i know were not talking about dates here but a call, but then again it falls under roosh rule 1 on treating girls poorly
meaning i only contact them when i want them for sex (ei roosh rule 6)and ill tell you thats what i usually get, sex.

meaning i only send about 5 cold text messages and within 2 hours were fucking,
and i do this weeks at random, but never more than a month, and all the while i
keep myself occupied looking for other girls and setting the same routine with them.

although i knew what roosh was talking about, it reinforced what i already knew.

I find the book tedious to read! It is exactly the opposite of Bang which is simple and straight forward. Has anyone read this whole book and gotten through all the exercises?

It amazes me how people accept the Mystery Method and anything by Neil Strauss as the Bible! Am I the only one that questions these two guys?

Quote: (11-06-2009 11:14 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

hxxp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061911690?ie=UTF8&tag=thegman-20&link_code=wql&camp=212361&creative=380601

This right here is an affiliate link which he managed to slip in without anyone noticing.

This is referred to as SPAM on many sites.

So much for all the FREE advice.

Are we allowed to use this site to post our own affiliate links and sell products on RooshV forum? If so, I am sure we all would like to know.

Quote: (07-24-2012 05:33 PM)brianmark Wrote:  

I find the book tedious to read! It is exactly the opposite of Bang which is simple and straight forward. Has anyone read this whole book and gotten through all the exercises?

It amazes me how people accept the Mystery Method and anything by Neil Strauss as the Bible! Am I the only one that questions these two guys?

It's like psychologists questioning Freud. This whole blog, forum etc took off only after the initial analysis by Mystery and popularization by Style.

Quote: (11-21-2011 08:13 AM)soup Wrote:  

This is gold. Now I feel bad about not texting some girls after sex.
I just smashed a chick the other night. I didn't contact her or anything afterwards. I saw her at the Gym today. Sooooooo Awkward .
I forget where I read this but some guy had wrote about "Passing the Pussy on" (making things easier on the next guy like G said in #9) and a simple phonecall should suffice.
I'll make that a habit from now on.

I can't argue with success, and these guys definitely have it. I think that their huge fixation on inner game is just a product of their general narcissism though. The Rules of the Game is basically Strauss's angle, a condensed guide with just the information you need and nothing more. Daily missions and whatnot. I liked reading it.

If you've read "The Game" (I suppose you probably have), you'd see all the unbelievably critical asides that Neil Strauss seems all too happy to elaborate on, about why Mystery has problems, Mystery's daddy issues, why Durden is a psychopath, how Ross Jeffries is a douche, etc. The book fucking opens with Mystery's admittance to a psych ward. I don't care that Strauss is a journalist, indulging in this kind of judgment cannot be healthy, and while it did make a great story it's a shitty testament to the guys who helped you get laid.

Since these guys are (to some degree) social outcasts who learned game late in life (like many), it's probable that they are just bad at socializing with men, which is why they have all these issues in the Project Hollywood House. You would be good to question the way they treat each other but questioning their game is less grounded. As far as game is concerned, these guys are practically wizards. My only criticism of their game is that it's way too indirect and it popularized/feminized the neg.

Mystery is the real deal! He has over 350 lays, tons of layreports with pics on his old forums, infield videos and almost everything thats sold as PU Advice nowadays is simply rehashed stuff he came up with in the first place.

Now thats more than what can be said about most of the scammers/marketers/PU-Gurus selling advice nowadays.

He gets a lot of shit nowadays because hes usually associated with wearing eyeliner, skigoggles and plateau boots but the dude is legit. People in general are ignorant and pass judgement about him based on his appearance without even studying his methods. Also there are a lot of marketers around who base their whole business model on bashing Mystery and old-school PUAism (im looking at you sleazy and Entropy).

About Neil Strauss i love him as an author but i wouldnt take PU advice from him.

Quote: (07-24-2012 07:48 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Quote: (11-06-2009 11:14 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

hxxp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0061911690?ie=UTF8&tag=thegman-20&link_code=wql&camp=212361&creative=380601

This right here is an affiliate link which he managed to slip in without anyone noticing.

This is referred to as SPAM on many sites.

So much for all the FREE advice.

Are we allowed to use this site to post our own affiliate links and sell products on RooshV forum? If so, I am sure we all would like to know.

Kudos on picking that up.

But a dude's gotta hustle, you know. Gmanifesto does imply a lot that he's a career criminal (albeit a charming one). You can't expect that sort to be too concerned with rules.

At least he was subtle about it.

Besides, that post is 3 years old. I'm sure the statute of limitations expired on that one.

And this forum could be seen as just one giant can of spam for Roosh's books.

Are we going to discard all of Roosh's free advice, because he's selling books?

But yeah, what are the rules for this sort of thing?

Quote: (07-24-2012 11:22 PM)Hades Wrote:  

I can't argue with success, and these guys definitely have it. I think that their huge fixation on inner game is just a product of their general narcissism though. The Rules of the Game is basically Strauss's angle, a condensed guide with just the information you need and nothing more. Daily missions and whatnot. I liked reading it.

If you've read "The Game" (I suppose you probably have), you'd see all the unbelievably critical asides that Neil Strauss seems all too happy to elaborate on, about why Mystery has problems, Mystery's daddy issues, why Durden is a psychopath, how Ross Jeffries is a douche, etc. The book fucking opens with Mystery's admittance to a psych ward. I don't care that Strauss is a journalist, indulging in this kind of judgment cannot be healthy, and while it did make a great story it's a shitty testament to the guys who helped you get laid.

Since these guys are (to some degree) social outcasts who learned game late in life (like many), it's probable that they are just bad at socializing with men, which is why they have all these issues in the Project Hollywood House. You would be good to question the way they treat each other but questioning their game is less grounded. As far as game is concerned, these guys are practically wizards. My only criticism of their game is that it's way too indirect and it popularized/feminized the neg.

After reading The game my opinion was that Neil Strauss was a real backstabber. He was a social outcast who couldn't get laid if his life depended on it. He was a successful writer but that was it.
I always regarded myself as a loyal person who doesn't stab people in the back even if don't really like them. I could have trashed a few people in my book and opened up on some embarrassing stuff that would make the story a bit more interesting but then I remembered the good times I had with them.
I have no need to get popular by trashing others. Neil Strauss did just that. He trashed people who helped him out and were close to him.

I'm glad The game introduced me to the world of pick up but the book itself was a lot of uninteresting bickering between guys.

Style and especially Mystery have tons of good advice but you have to comb through the nonsense a bit.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (07-25-2012 02:37 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

After reading The game my opinion was that Neil Strauss was a real backstabber. He was a social outcast who couldn't get laid if his life depended on it. He was a successful writer but that was it.
I always regarded myself as a loyal person who doesn't stab people in the back even if don't really like them. I could have trashed a few people in my book and opened up on some embarrassing stuff that would make the story a bit more interesting but then I remembered the good times I had with them.
I have no need to get popular by trashing others. Neil Strauss did just that. He trashed people who helped him out and were close to him.

I'm glad The game introduced me to the world of pick up but the book itself was a lot of uninteresting bickering between guys.

Style and especially Mystery have tons of good advice but you have to comb through the nonsense a bit.

True that, I owe a lot to "The Game" for introducing me to pickup too (when I saw it in B&N in 2010), but it took me a year of college sports and bullshitting with people until I broke myself of the "Neil Strauss was wronged by Durden" fanboy attitude and considered the known facts. Neil Strauss is still one of my favorite pickup artists and offers great advice but I probably would not want to be friends with him. He should have just taken the good in with the bad.

I saw your book "Around the World in 80 Girls" and I'm interested because I'm also a pretty broke backpacker-type. I'll probably get a copy since I'm going to Germany in a month. I definitely want to check out the tips and tricks for travelling on the cheap. Did you travel to Dresden or Berlin during your world trip?

I missed out on a lot of notches in college because I was oblivious to #8.