rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need the right Facebook message

There are very few people who attend my college who also are from the same high school that I went to. A few months ago, I met a girl at college who is from my high school, and I'd never heard of her before.

Basically, I noticed her sweatshirt and that it had my high school's name on it, so I briefly inquired her about it and we walked for a little bit towards where she was going. I mentioned the other few people who share our combination of schools and she knew of them. Unfortunately, I didn't have any time to get the number or any sort of communication. (This is an excuse, my day game is lacking and this was a prime example)

I just knew her name.

So I made the mistake of adding her on Facebook a few weeks later, which probably seemed a bit creepy. She left the request hanging for several weeks (doesn't update that often, but she definitely consciously left it there) before randomly accepting it.

So here we are. She's relatively cute, and I feel like there's a lot of things I can play off of here. Building rapport in person would be no problem. There's endless talking points about our hometown and I have all the confidence in the world I could have at the very least a fun time with her.

I haven't seen her once since that coincidental meeting, so I'm thinking the best bet here is to send some sort of Facebook message. I'm just not sure what I should say. Witty? Straightforward?

I want to send it now, before finals are approaching, but there's also the option of waiting until school is over and we're back in our hometowns as opposed to being at school. I don't really it'd make a big difference.

Any suggestions on what to say?

(Also, don't think she's the only girl I'm interested in or anything like that. I have other girls. And I forget about her at times. But I feel like this could be a big win if I can find a way to use Facebook effectively and not look like a creep)

Kind of a bad time to be adding her on facebook, but I had this same situation. One of the hottest/most popular girls from my highschool went to my university, we weren't friends in highschool due to different social groups, but she was in one of my classes and we begun to hang out all the time. This was "pre-game" so I didn't do anything, but I wasn't the "youre such a great guy for listening to my boy troubles" friend.

Things change completely after highschool, she's going to be looking for an entirely new friend group and some form of familiarity (you) to build on through college. If you're celebrating the end of finals (read: getting wasted as fuck) invite her out, or get her to go for drinks to shoot the shit about your highschool and university experience. Since she didn't know you run game accordingly. Things will change in the summer though once she goes back to your home town though

I dont know, but it seems as if you are already caring too much for this girl.
Anyways, I would drop something casual. If she ignores you, fine. You just sent her some short, casual message and she didnt answer it, no big deal. On the other hand, a really witty message typically requires some effort and time, which she in all likelihood doesnt deserve in the first place and if she choses to ignore it/you (most likely scenario), youll feel like a sucker afterwards.

U r putting this chic on a pedestal...message her a pic of your ballsac "by accident"

Quote: (04-24-2012 06:06 PM)BoiBoi Wrote:  

If she ignores you, fine. You just sent her some short, casual message and she didnt answer it, no big deal. On the other hand, a really witty message typically requires some effort and time, which she in all likelihood doesnt deserve in the first place and if she choses to ignore it/you (most likely scenario), youll feel like a sucker afterwards.

This helped me realize something... I'm definitely overvaluing her without realizing it.

Casual it will be. I'll let you know what happens.

You're not meeting enough other girls if you are this wrapped up in this chick, who you have barely even met. Meet other girls, approach everyday

Aight, keep us updated, but dont sweat it if she doesnt answer.