rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

STDs

anyone ever get one? prevalence of genital herpes is declining in the U.S. to about 17% i read. however, some groups such as african americans it is higher, about 42%. other than HIV, genital warts and genital herpes i would rather avoid if possible. but unfortunately condoms arent effective in preventing those. thankfully, 17% isnt that bad, and even if you bang someone with herpes, the probability of you getting it is less than 100%. just avoid the super skanks

STDs

STDs are obviously a touchy subject for a lot of people. Luckily I haven't had to deal with The Herps-- that's the one I'm most freaked out about, but I do have AIDS and Gonorrhea. [Image: banana.gif] Jk [Image: banana.gif]

Interesting stats you brought up. Here are some stats from the CDC.

At least for my age group, 20-29, in the Non-Hispanic White section the rate looks like it's around 8-12%. That's pretty good IMO.

I used to get really freaked out about catching the Herp, but so far I've been pretty lucky, so I hope that luck continues. I just have to figure out how to distinguish a girl who has the Herp before I try to get in her pants.

What are some characteristics you guys can think of? [Image: biggrin.gif] Do some of you have a good STD-dar?

STDs

I'm worried about herpes too. I mean there's worse shit out there to catch, but herpes is so damn easy to pick up and so many people have it. If you sleep with or kiss enough girls, it's just a matter of when you get the dreaded "cold sores" on your lips or your slim Jim.

I think they say taking a shower right after sex should lower your chances of getting genital herpes. But the oral herpes, I don't know.

STDs

Here's something I got off here: http://www.herpes-coldsores.com/herpes_p...n_tips.htm

Quote:Quote:

If there are no symptoms occurring in the infected area at the time of contact there is still a small chance of spreading the virus because occasionally the virus can shed itself at the skin's surface (in the area of infection). This is scientifically referred to as Viral Shedding.

And Viral Shedding:
* Viral shedding (that occurs with or without symptoms) is estimated to occur in 20 – 40% of days during the initial six month period after exposure to the herpes virus.

* This statistic is almost halved after a person has had the virus for some time, with shedding estimated to occur on 5 – 20% of days after the first 6 months of infection.

* In symptomatic cases, half of all herpes virus shedding is estimated to occur in the 7 days before and after the outbreak.

* Shedding is estimated to occur at one time or another in all people who are infected with the virus, but the rates of shedding are likely to vary in people with and without active outbreaks.

STDs

Good link, it makes it sound like herpes is a bit harder to spread than I had thought.

I sure as hell don't want it though! When people you know see blisters on your lips, you're going to be known as "the guy with herpes". Certainly doesn't help your game!

STDs

I have swooped ridiculous amounts of girls and gotten nothing.

I am also more safe than anyone I know (minus the multiple partners bit).

I am not a huge believer in statistics.

Don't they say condoms are only 90% effective to prevent pregnancy?

Come on, those things are like 200% effective.

STDs

Back in May I met a girl. I really liked her.

I never did anything with her beyond a kiss on the cheek.

She came to my house and we went to the beach. We were planning to go for a night on the town so she had a little overnight bag with her. While she was showering I'm happy to say I looked through it.

I found her Valtrex.

Later in the evening she was getting frisky and I was getting nervous. She kept trying to put her herpe hands up my shorts. She thought that my nervousness was cute. She took the dominant role and straddled me and kept telling me to relax. I wouldn't kiss her. She got up and went to her bag and got a condom. She got on her knees in the blow me position and I cracked and told her about the pills.

All of a sudden I was the bad guy.

When she told me how hard it was living with herpes I just busted out laughing. I have since been tested and it appears I am herpes free. I was told however, that the blood test was not necessarily accurate. I told all of my friends about her herpes.

Aloha!

STDs

I banged a chick with herpes about 3 months ago.

I knew she had it but did it anyway. (I know...fucking retarded)

Wore a condom, and after we were done I jumped in the shower and washed my dick for like 30 minutes.

I got checked and thank God I don't have shit. I'm NEVER doing that again.

STDs

I've had girls say to me "you're probably a carrier" (of hpv) but banged anyway, knowing that condoms are not 100% protective from getting it.

Herpes is the only one that really scares me besides aids. HPV is ridiculously common and my guess is half of the guys here have carried it at some point. What many people don't know is that it usually clears from your system in a couple years, so it's not necessarily life long.

STDs

I hear common STD's like crabs is becoming less prevalent these days because more and more people (especially women) are grooming very well (shaving).

Herps is the only one that scares me too.

STDs

The risk of STDs has been overblown by the abstinence-only movement. If you look at the STDs individually, you'll see they're not really a big deal:

HIV: It's not politically correct to say this, but this is really only a problem for gay men. All things equal, gay sex is 5000 times more likely to give you HIV than straight sex. In fact, even you always use a condom and only fuck men who have been tested HIV negative, that's still ten times more dangerous than raw-dogging a random girl.

If you use a condom and only fuck women, you're chances of getting HIV are 1 in 50 million. Basically nothing.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read...sexual-sex

Herpes: Not curable, but treatable. You'll get warts on you dick a few times a year, but is that really worse than celibacy?

Gonorrhea: You'll want to get tested frequently for this because it can really fuck you up, but only if left untreated. Just make sure you get to the doctor ASAP and you should be okay.

Chlymadia: Another STD men can avoid by not being gay. Even if you get it, it's easily treatable.

HPV: Men can get the vaccine now.

To sum it up:

Get tested often
Use a condom
Don't be gay.

STDs

I'm getting tested for the first time ever tomorrow. I'm seeing a girl that is going to get on the pill so i want to make sure I don't give her anything [Image: smile.gif]

STDs

Quote: (11-09-2009 06:34 PM)Riker Wrote:  

I'm getting tested for the first time ever tomorrow. I'm seeing a girl that is going to get on the pill so i want to make sure I don't give her anything [Image: smile.gif]

Did she make you do this as a requirement?

I think the likelihood of having HIV if you aren't injecting drugs, rawdogging prostitutes or taking it up the ass is close to zero. Any other diseases, you'd probably feel like your pissing flames, so you'd know about it by now.

STDs

Nope, I just want to do it for myself. Getting tested is no big deal, and the chances of me having something are close to zero, but they aren't zero. No reason to risk giving a girl a disease when its not a big deal to go ahead and check myself.

Thanks for the encouragement though! I'm glad to know I almost certainly have nothing.

STDs

I just got home from getting tested!

STDs

Getting an HIV test is the worst feeling. Before and after testing you're mentally listing off women you slept with and then cursing yourself for having rawdogged that chick you knew was a recovering heroine addict. Yeah, that was me.

Good news is I tested negative both times and this was about 5 years ago. I'm thinking I should get tested again for stuff.

STDs

apparently 50-80% of the population has oral herpes. a lot of people probably have it but dont even know it since often no symptoms (cold cores) are present, its just that you are a carrier

can you get genital herpes from getting oral from someone with oral herpes (50-80% of the population) i heard this is the case. i assume the best way to avoid this is to avoid those with obvious symptoms (cold sores)

STDs

I've never had a cold sore I assume I don't have herpes.

STDs

Quote: (11-09-2009 12:15 PM)klasik Wrote:  

The risk of STDs has been overblown by the abstinence-only movement. If you look at the STDs individually, you'll see they're not really a big deal:

HIV: It's not politically correct to say this, but this is really only a problem for gay men. All things equal, gay sex is 5000 times more likely to give you HIV than straight sex. In fact, even you always use a condom and only fuck men who have been tested HIV negative, that's still ten times more dangerous than raw-dogging a random girl.

If you use a condom and only fuck women, you're chances of getting HIV are 1 in 50 million. Basically nothing.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read...sexual-sex

Herpes: Not curable, but treatable. You'll get warts on you dick a few times a year, but is that really worse than celibacy?

Gonorrhea: You'll want to get tested frequently for this because it can really fuck you up, but only if left untreated. Just make sure you get to the doctor ASAP and you should be okay.

Chlymadia: Another STD men can avoid by not being gay. Even if you get it, it's easily treatable.

HPV: Men can get the vaccine now.

To sum it up:

Get tested often
Use a condom
Don't be gay.

This is all very true info. There are A LOT of misconceptions about STDs, and the above post clears up a lot of these.

BTW, surveys show gay men have about 100 partners a year while they are single. Mix this with the fact that anal sex is thousands of times more risky for STDs (due to many surface level blood vessels in the anus) and its clear why AIDS really is a gay disease.

STDs

Just got the call.

I'm disease free!

No scares I just like to make sure every now and then.

Aloha!

STDs

I didnt read anything so i dont know if someone mentioned this. Its an important fact when it comes to stds.

If you shave your genital area you can get those skin diseases like HPV etc. much easier than without shaving. It's because of micro injuries that happen because of shaving. Also the pubic hair acts like a buffer between your and her skin.

I trim my pubic hair from time to time and take care that no blade, also not the one of the trimmer, gets close to my skin.

If you have some kind of skin diseases in your genital area and you shave it, it will also spread easier on your own skin.

Of course this is not about your dick. The condom will protect it but if you touch hear "disease" and touch your dick after you can get it anyway

STDs

Quote: (11-11-2009 09:10 PM)hennessybaby Wrote:  

apparently 50-80% of the population has oral herpes. a lot of people probably have it but dont even know it since often no symptoms (cold cores) are present, its just that you are a carrier

can you get genital herpes from getting oral from someone with oral herpes (50-80% of the population) i heard this is the case. i assume the best way to avoid this is to avoid those with obvious symptoms (cold sores)

That's right. So don't write off chicks if you find Valtrex in their medicine cabinets! I found it in this one's chick's bathroom. Confronted her. She said it was for ORAL herpes. I believed her that it was for cold sores. She was MAD that i accused her. Got the bang anyway. Still herpes free, years later [Image: banana.gif]

STDs

They're a zionist myth.