rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

No BS tips for getting rid of stubborn baby fat?

I'm 5'8" about 182lb and fairly solid. I'm not fat by any means. I work out, get lots of cardio from cycling and hikes and I lift weights at the gym.

However, I have a bit of stubborn baby fat around the belly that I cannot get rid of no matter how much I work out. Even when I was doing intense Krav Maga several times a week, it still wouldn't melt off. You can't even see it really if I'm standing upright, but if I'm sitting, I feel a few rolls of baby fat bunch up. Not the biggest deal in the world, but there's no way I can ever have a six pack unless I can lose it.

I'm sure genes play a role, because I've seen people who are even skinny and still have a bit of baby fat in the belly area. I only drink beer on occasion. Even mixed drinks are only casually, not frequent. I cut out sodas but I do drink a lot of cranberry juice, and I can have a bit of sweet tooth and snack a lot. I eat carbs. I have potatoes as part of my breakfast most mornings.

Any recommendations? Keep in mind I don't need to lose any major weight, I just need to get leaner in that one stubborn area.

Diet - eat every 3 hrs to regulate your body.
Cardio in the morning on a empty stomach burns fat and is a good kick start to your day.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

cut your carbs to less than 20-50g per day. That means no sugary cranberry juice. You want to enter a keto or near-ketosis.

Also, HIIT cardio works well - short bursts of intense activity followed by rests for a good 20 minutes or so 3x/wk.

Quote: (04-22-2012 11:56 PM)HiFlo Wrote:  

cut your carbs to less than 20-50g per day. That means no sugary cranberry juice. You want to enter a keto or near-ketosis.

Also, HIIT cardio works well - short bursts of intense activity followed by rests for a good 20 minutes or so 3x/wk.

+1 to both. I don't do low-carb consistently, but it always seems like milk sugar and wheat make me a little flabbier, without even gaining weight. And I hardly have any sugar outside of those. Some people specifically link wheat consumption to having a gut, so try limiting your wheat consumption if you haven't already.

I did some sprint-sled training recently, and just the day after, my face was looking more cut up. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but some serious sprints are something to try. You should be a little winded afterwards.

Multiply weight by 10. Eat that many calories a day for two months. If you're around 15% body fat, you'll have your six pack by then. Count or have the extra fat -- your choice. No BS. All other tips are doomed to fail with the way the body adjusts and responds through hormonal levels.

yeah im tending to agree with mangadooza,
I know the paleo crowd say eat whatever you want as long as it's paleo and the weight will effortlessly fall off... just isnt happening for me. If I dont consciously eat less, I eat maintenance, which means, no change, lol. I'm EXTRA flabby when I'm on the sugar/carbs, yes, but its not like the weight just effortlessly comes off with paleo/intermittent fasting - you need the calorie defecit one way or another.

Quote: (04-23-2012 12:03 AM)basilransom Wrote:  

but it always seems like milk sugar and wheat make me a little flabbier

Maybe I should stop drinking all that milk. I have the same flabby gut problem, no matter what I do. And I'm 5'11 and weigh 155 lbs.

Here is what has worked for me in terms of reducing belly fat,

Go to slightly hungry. Do not go to bed on an full stomach

Eat your last big meal at or before sunset.

If you must eat a night, eat only fruits and veges.

Cut out the sugar, sweets, breads, soda, cookies, cakes, donuts, and all processed shit. ( I only eat this stuff on Saturdays)

Minimize alcohol.

You know your doing it right when you wake up hungry. Then you can fix a big meal. I usually cook my eggs and turkey bacon the nght before so its ready when I wake up.

If your gonna eat bad, do it earlier in the day, like at lunch, night time should be clean time. Thats when your body is cleansing itself.

Snack on fruit, cut out the needless carbs, water down the cranberry juice or drink tea.

Check out these posts on 6 packs, very similar and relevant to this:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4585-page-6.html

Check out the entire blog, http://www.chaosandpain.blogspot.com, but use this post in particular,predator-diet-part-2-dieting-for-fat.
You are welcome.

who benefits from telling you to eat every three hours?

people selling you shit to eat every three hours

i fast for 18 hours every day and my fat is melting away. i gained a fair bit of it after doing a bulking cycle and now with very low carb and IF, the fat is going away quickly and muscle is staying on.

i chart my weight for many years now and this time period shows the quickest weight cut i've ever done. it is the first time i've gone into deep ketosis and done the fasting.

other times i did the advice given above.

leangains
waronsinsulin

check them out

Quote: (04-22-2012 10:51 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I just need to get leaner in that one stubborn area.

No such thing as spot reduction.

Quote: (03-05-2016 02:42 PM)SudoRoot Wrote:  
Fuck this shit, I peace out.

Yep. No such thing as spot reduction.

Carbs too late in the day bad idea. You don't need 'em anyways.

Alternate fasting sounds counter-intuitive, but I am willing to bet it's the way to go.

Also... don't do intense cardio to drop your last pounds. Your body will just catabolize muscle. Go for slow jogs, keep heartrate lower... about the level where you can carry on an easy convo.

FYI I'm starting a full-blow cross-fit/paleo deal in a week for six weeks. I'm 5'10'' and about 210lbs. Hope I can drop 10-12lbs of fat. Will let you know how it goes

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Your body doesn't know the difference between cranberry juice and Pepsi or strawberries and a Snickers bar. Fructose, sucrose, it's all sugar: all the same thing. I dropped 15 lbs in the last two months eating keto/Atkins WITHOUT exercising. Unfortunately, I cheated a few times losing progress (drinks on the weekend etc.) My goal is to lose 10 more lbs. and then hit the gym to gain muscle mass. I'm cooking most of my own meals and I feel great. The first 2-3 weeks were the hardest. I was literally shaking at work going thru carb withdrawal. It's been pretty amazing. I haven't hit the snack machine at work in 2 months. I keep my fridge stocked with protein and good carbs: spinach, avocado, asparagus, cold cuts burgers, eggs, chicken.

Good tips Eldon, definitely oneof the biggest things is having an acceptable snack on hand. To get home I have to walk past a building with every kind of fast food in it, after 4 hours of class I'm hungry and its easy to give in, if I have a bag of almonds or something I'll just grab those.

I also agree that unless you're trying to gain weight never drink your calories (save for protein shakes)

I'd try Leangains, cut out white/processed food, majorly sugar. Try to avoid carbs, but if you do eat them don't eat fat with that meal.

There's this $40 book by Lyle McDonald that is expensive, but worth it. It contains the necessary diet and training and supplement protocols that worked out very well for me last summer.

The Stubborn Fat Solution:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-stu...t-solution

Is there really no difference between sugar from fruit and snickers?

The sugar in fruit is Fructose. The sugar in snickers is sucrose (glucose+fructose) or high fructose corn syrup (fructose). Chemically, not exactly, but there is only 1 chemical bond differing between fructose + sucrose so I'd say yeah they're pretty much the same, simple carbohydrates that are able to be processed very quickly.

Quote: (04-23-2012 02:22 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I usually cook my eggs and turkey bacon the nght before so its ready when I wake up.

YUCK!

Quote: (04-23-2012 02:37 PM)Rttnkd84 Wrote:  

Check out the entire blog, http://www.chaosandpain.blogspot.com, but use this post in particular,predator-diet-part-2-dieting-for-fat.
You are welcome.

That blog is fucking epic. I don't know if it's all horseshit, but he's making me laugh.

chaos and pain is the best. I love when he posts pics of girls getting assfucked or with jizz coming out of their noses and somehow relates it to getting huge. I think he is somewhat legit, he does cite legitimate sources in most of his articles, a lot of places don't.

It is what it is.

You,ve answered your own question, completly based on genetics. Your body cares not that it isn't aesthetically pleasing.

I have a friend, who has a eight pack that would embarass fitness models, yet has rolls of fat around hsi waist and back.

The whole sub 10% is a general guideline, we hold as we hold fat.

I remember 5 years ago being hell bent, on getting a six pack an I had to get to 7.8%. Funny loooking back that my 2nd though after i saw it pop out in the morning, was "I need to pile on the muscle ig time!".

No bs advice: keep dieting and training down. You have no idea how low you have to go and how far until you hit it. And it literally does just pop.

Semi bs advice: Look into liposuction, just for the last few punds. Friends with a plastic surgeon ,and by his own words, lipo is only effective on people who are grossly obese or have to carve the last little bits out.

Bs advice. Look into Yohimbine AC3 maybe? Heard on the bodybuilder grapevine when used as a cream helps localised fat loss.

I am no gentleman

Quote: (04-24-2012 10:28 AM)latinlover Wrote:  

It is what it is.

You,ve answered your own question, completly based on genetics. Your body cares not that it isn't aesthetically pleasing.

I have a friend, who has a eight pack that would embarass fitness models, yet has rolls of fat around hsi waist and back.

The whole sub 10% is a general guideline, we hold as we hold fat.

I remember 5 years ago being hell bent, on getting a six pack an I had to get to 7.8%. Funny loooking back that my 2nd though after i saw it pop out in the morning, was "I need to pile on the muscle ig time!".

No bs advice: keep dieting and training down. You have no idea how low you have to go and how far until you hit it. And it literally does just pop.

Semi bs advice: Look into liposuction, just for the last few punds. Friends with a plastic surgeon ,and by his own words, lipo is only effective on people who are grossly obese or have to carve the last little bits out.

Bs advice. Look into Yohimbine AC3 maybe? Heard on the bodybuilder grapevine when used as a cream helps localised fat loss.

Yeah, I know genes are a major factor, but damn, it's those last few pounds you are trying to shed that's a bitch. It pisses me off when I see people with six packs who aren't particularly careful about what they eat and get normal amounts of exercise and even when I was working out intensely, I could not get that last little bit to budge.

Also @everyone, thanks for your tips, I'm going to try some of your advice.

Quote: (04-23-2012 09:39 PM)DLuzhin Wrote:  

There's this $40 book by Lyle McDonald that is expensive, but worth it. It contains the necessary diet and training and supplement protocols that worked out very well for me last summer.

The Stubborn Fat Solution:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-stu...t-solution
Is this very different from his ketogenic diet book?

Where is @Chad Daring at!? He has issues with this a few months back and I believe he started up a program to deal with it.

Yo with fruit sugars vs. snickers. The chemical profiles are the similar but if your eating the flesh of the fruit the fiber slows down the sugar absorption. Its crazy that the plants/fruits with the most processed raw sugars are all fibrous as fuck. Try eating a sugar cane or a sugar beet your bust your teeth off.

Look into Palm Oil and Coconut Oils your body metabolizes these as energy quickly like carbohydrates. You can still keep your energy levels up by gorging in these fats. I remember when I exclusively used Palm Oil to cook I lost weight. They are medium chain fats and in comparison to carbs give your body energy without the drawback of fat storage for anything not utilized like with carbs.

Hey Speakeasy,

Did you try running hills?

I do this almost everyday, and I think it's what keeps me alive. I drink like crazy.

After hills, my sides and stomach are among the body parts that burn. Maybe this will help?

Or, you in California, go swim in the ocean for a while every day.

Aloha!