rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Annoying BETA Male characters on TV

I can't even watch TV anymore. I just get irritated.

Name an annoying Beta Male character from popular TV shows.

Here's my choice:

Doug Heffernan from King of Queens.
[Image: tumblr_l5tnh9Whqm1qzteeco1_500.jpg]

Team Nachos

His wife is WAY out of his league though. You gotta give him that.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

Quote: (04-15-2012 02:00 PM)Walnuts Wrote:  

His wife is WAY out of his league though. You gotta give him that.

Yeah I agree. He'd never get her with his pathetic game. [Image: lol.gif]
She definitely runs the house though.

Team Nachos

As much as I enjoyed the Honeymooners growing up, I'd have to say Ralph Kramden is a major Beta. His wife punks him down all the time.

[Image: fatguys-honeymooners8.jpg]

Team Nachos

Yeah doug is definitely whipped.

My nomination is Ted Mosby from How I Met Your Mother. I can't stand that fucking show.

[Image: ted.jpg]

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

Quote: (04-15-2012 02:16 PM)Walnuts Wrote:  

Yeah doug is definitely whipped.

My nomination is Ted Mosby from How I Met Your Mother. I can't stand that fucking show.

[Image: ted.jpg]

Funny thing about that show ...The only Alpha male character(Barney) is actually gay in real life. I think it's even funnier that he's suited down all the time [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

[Image: alan-harper.jpg]

Charlie Sheen was the guy that made that show watchable.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Dude I looked up that actor from the king of queens and his real life wife is hot too. His name is Kevin James and his wife is specimen below

[Image: attachment.jpg5768]   

My vote is Ross from Friends

[Image: ross-geller_480x360.jpg]

Quote: (04-15-2012 03:02 PM)j r Wrote:  

My vote is Ross from Friends

[Image: ross-geller_480x360.jpg]

Funny thing about Ross though, he's a Doctor with a PHD on the show. So he may be beta as hell but he makes some bank and has status. So is he really beta?

Team Nachos

Quote: (04-15-2012 02:29 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

Haha thats bullshit. Allan Harper is a great character in the show and I can safely say it contributes to alot of what makes the show hilarious.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2u-o8kIPKnY9uPKsEI1G...fPLBzGxUVg]

This guy from Modern Family.

I'm trying to understand why the father as beta is so ubiquitous in sitcoms. All I could come up with:

1. Seeing a pussy whipped father makes female viewers feel empowered, and superior to that buffoonish sex known as men.
2. Seeing a pussy whipped father makes whipped males feel good that they have no balls. "Well, I guess I'm not alone - I can't be that much of a pussy if everyone else does the same thing." (What other kind of man watches this shit?)
3. Weak father figures, and the absence of power held by straight male fathers, makes homosexuals feel more liberated and unconstrained. No more judgmental men leering at them.

Plus, the only men who can call women out on their shit are invariably homosexual.

I initially used the word 'dad,' but I realized the word is infantilizing, that you can't really command much respect calling yourself a 'dad.' Guys who call themselves 'dads' look like this dude:

[Image: EqBvQWkyKDLtkHq-236x236-cropped.jpg?1330977206]

Quote:Quote:

Funny thing about Ross though, he's a Doctor with a PHD on the show. So he may be beta as hell but he makes some bank and has status. So is he really beta?

Firstly, it's a TV show, so he doesn't actually. And while I would respect someone for getting an MD, for that specific accomplishment, on some instinctual level, I have trouble respecting a man who isn't the master of his own domain, and cannot keep his woman in check, just as I couldn't respect an able-bodied man who could not fend for himself.

Quote: (04-15-2012 03:17 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

His first wife left him for a woman and then gave his son the lesbian wife's last name. He sweated Racheal since high school and ruined his second marriage cause he said her name on the altar. Personality-wise, he's a hardcore dweeb. He's a textbook beta.

And yeah, he's a PhD, but I don't know how much status that brings, especially in New York City. He's a paleontologist that does research at a museum.

Zach Braff a.k.a. Dr. Dorian on Scrubs:

[Image: zach_braff_dr_dorian.jpg]

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Quote: (04-15-2012 03:51 PM)j r Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2012 03:17 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

His first wife left him for a woman and then gave his son the lesbian wife's last name. He sweated Racheal since high school and ruined his second marriage cause he said her name on the altar. Personality-wise, he's a hardcore dweeb. He's a textbook beta.

And yeah, he's a PhD, but I don't know how much status that brings, especially in New York City. He's a paleontologist that does research at a museum.

Yeah that's pretty beta. You win [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

[Image: ty-burrell-modern-family-a4d3d.jpg]

The dad on Modern Family because they portray him as being dumb as a rock. So dumb I can't imagine how he'd survive without his wife.

John Goodman's character on Rosanne.

Al Bundy, despite being so aware of his condition, still beta!

Quote: (04-15-2012 02:29 PM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

I have to disagree with you there. Alan Harper is hilarious! Damn...thats probably my favorite show.

Quote: (04-15-2012 06:49 PM)soup Wrote:  

You smoking crack, homie! Al Bundy stood up to the fatties and bitches constantly. He just didn't cut the cord on his shitty life. He was a beat-down man, to be sure, but his man credentials were fundamentally sound:

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (04-15-2012 07:28 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

You smoking crack, homie! Al Bundy stood up to the fatties and bitches constantly. He just didn't cut the cord on his shitty life. He was a beat-down man, to be sure, but his man credentials were fundamentally sound:

Interesting, I guess I just meant to say that I didn't see him as alpha. What the hell is he then? An arm-chair alpha? An anti-beta-beta? It's the same problem I have with the Hank Moody character in Californication. He's clearly alpha, but has this huge beta oneitis.

Either my definitions aren't nuanced enough, or television is trying to pull the wool over our eyes, or maybe both?

I wonder if the Bundy character was good or bad for society. On the one hand he preaches a lot of the same stuff we do here, so maybe he was influencing men to think like him. On the other hand, his character might have served as a sort relief valve, and actually helped to preserve the status quo while the feminist influence on society was growing stronger.

I can't believe no one mentioned Everyone Loves Gaymond:

[Image: everybody-loves-raymond-show-page-image.jpg?height=211]

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Al Bundy was definitely anti-feminist. He used to torture his neighbor Marcy all the time. She was the short haired poster child for feminism/lesbianism.

Team Nachos

Quote: (04-15-2012 09:18 PM)soup Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2012 07:28 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Interesting, I guess I just meant to say that I didn't see him as alpha. What the hell is he then? An arm-chair alpha? An anti-beta-beta? It's the same problem I have with the Hank Moody character in Californication. He's clearly alpha, but has this huge beta oneitis.

Either my definitions aren't nuanced enough, or television is trying to pull the wool over our eyes, or maybe both?

I wonder if the Bundy character was good or bad for society. On the one hand he preaches a lot of the same stuff we do here, so maybe he was influencing men to think like him. On the other hand, his character might have served as a sort relief valve, and actually helped to preserve the status quo while the feminist influence on society was growing stronger.

Alpha is a state of mind

[Image: joblessalpha.jpg?w=500&h=372]

In addition to the feminist hating and woman-teasing, Al is not ashamed of his masculinity, and doesn't shy away from hitting on cute girls. If a guy sells shoes for a living, I'm not going to respect him any less, when he's got his own personal shit in order.

Are you guys kidding me. Those Betas look super Alphas compared to those two:

[Image: Twilight-Eclipse-Official-Movie-Poster.jpg]

I'm watching season 5 of the sopranos. Whoever Meadow is dating/gets engaged to was the epitome of college beta-dom. He vomited when he saw a guy get beat up, asked her for approval or to make decisions on everything, when they got into a fight he failed every shit test and said "please stop crying please", list goes on. I hope he gets killed or something.