rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anyone read Iceberg Slim's "Pimp" ?

Excellent stuff.

I'd say the dude was for the most part despicable, but nowhere else have I seen such a complete breakdown and description of that side of women that wants to be dominated and beat and fucked. In pretty much that order

PLUS, he mixes in sweet talk. WTF

Quote: (04-05-2012 04:35 PM)Manwhore Wrote:  

Excellent stuff.

I'd say the dude was for the most part despicable, but nowhere else have I seen such a complete breakdown and description of that side of women that wants to be dominated and beat and fucked. In pretty much that order

strangest thing. I ordered this book today from amazon. today. roughly 4 hours ago. t aka rickyraw recommended it.

I read it years ago. "a pimp is just a whore turned inside out"

Read it in like a week back when i was a senior in high school. Was a hard ass book.

Yeah I read it about 15 years ago

The super significant parts to me are of course the famous, "A pimp is happy when his whores giggle. He knows they are still asleep." Which is his way of explaining emotional momentum in building dominance and even sexual escalation. The other crazy cool part was when the old man in jail gave his analogy of "movies playing in your head". To think that that old pimp knew the secret to happiness before Tony Robbins came along was absolutely bonkers to read about.

Read it about 15 years back when it came out in the UK. Liked it but don't remember much about it apart from him talking about being as thin as a greyhound. Don't know why that line stayed with me all these years.

one of the most important themes I picked up from him (might have been in one of his other books, but think it was prevalent in Pimp too) was to treat money like a tool to acquire power to get what you want instead of having the horde cash and be a cheapskate mentality.

Robert Beck (August 4, 1918 – April 28, 1992), also known as Iceberg Slim, was one of the best things to happen to men who wanted to learn “Game”. Because Pimps rarely, if ever share what they know. Because the Game is to be sold, not to be told. I am biased though, my mentor was a pimp. Not in the MTV sense, but in the sense that he made a living selling women for most of his life. There’s no way to make that easy for you to read. He taught me quite a bit about women and how they think, will react, and how most men respond. Most of what we see as Game is Pimping in a very abbreviated, truncated form. The goal of Game, from what I have seen/read is to convince a woman to give you her pussy. The goal of Pimping is for her to give you her life and control of everything in it. Almost all of what I have seen written on Game is concentrated, distilled Pimping for a specific purpose.

Quote: (04-05-2012 04:35 PM)Manwhore Wrote:  

Excellent stuff.

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

This book is next up on my list, it's sitting here next to my computer, going to get into it as soon as I finish Anthony Robbin's "Awakening the Giant Within", which is over 500 pages.

I know it's been mentioned on the forum before, but I highly recommend "Black Players and Pimps", excellent stuff on male-female dynamics, women's innate desire to be dominated and led by a man, as well as insights on how women manipulate men with sex, etc.

If y'all liked Pimp, then I highly suggest the great American film documentary, "American Pimp and the American Pimp, Outtakes video.

I tried reading it, but the culture depicted in it was so different to anything I've experienced, I didn't finish it.

I've found recently that if something doesn't match my style of game, I don't really stick with it.

It's an OK book. I read it for the entertainment value, not to learn game, although some of that pimp philosophy will inevitably help my game too.

I actually read this back in high school when I was still new to going after women. It helped.

A lot.

I learned I'd have a step up on everyone else if I could manage to stand out from everyone else. Also all the guys respected someone with "pimp knowledge". When guys start looking up to you, women quickly follow.

The thing that stuck with me the most is the braided up hangers used to whip people with. Holy shit does that sound painful.

If you are going to impose your will on the world, you must have control over what you believe.

Data Sheet Minneapolis / Data Sheet St. Paul / Data Sheet Northern MN/BWCA / Data Sheet Duluth

I read this book on my recent trip to the DR. What struck me is the amount of trauma mr. slim incurred during his early years, from being swung against the wall by his father as a toddler, to being forced to eat out his babysitter @ 4 years old or so. Makes you think that this type of extreme view towards women and society in general is a result of early trauma, sexual, physical or both. I wonder what may have happened to some of the more extreme posters here in their early years. The author had severe mommy issues throughout his life.

On a lighter note, it was interesting to read that people were just as freaky back in the day.