rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

japanese bookstore

japanese bookstore

I'm in japan and I've been going to the bookstore often. I'll ramble in japanese about books and it goes well, but there are a few problems.

Japanese people are really nice to the point where I think it's almost too much. One girl actually drew me a specific detailed map on paper about how to get to the station, while she was working at a busy sushi bar.

The problem is they will often want to get someone who is a station manager/ clerk involved.

How do I handle these girls who want to help me but often will drag the store-clerk into the mix ?
It seems as soon as I mention a specific book section/title /author / name they want to go help me out by finding a clerk, which I don't want.

I've also tried telling them, that i've already asked the staff and it looks like they may know, but they want to go translate all my ramblings to the clerk.

I don't want to be pegged as that "gaijin" who keeps asking where the cat books are.

japanese bookstore

Your questions seem way too specific.

Ask for cat books.

See what happens when you stray from the formula? [Image: smile.gif]