rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Leaving your first voicemail

What kind of messages are you guys leaving? I'm getting high numbers of flakes lately after number closing. I'm getting tired of it. I think my annoyance may be coming across in my tone.

Here's my typical message:

Hey randomwhore it's Parlay. We met the other night at bar whatever. Give me a call when you get a chance. 555-555-5555. Talk to you soon.

Can you guys leave a typical voicemail script that gets you callbacks?

Team Nachos

I rarely leave voicemails, since I never sound cool on answering machines, so I'd be interested in this too. I feel like no matter what I leave the girl will never call back anyway, so I'd rather just call and not leave a VM, then maybe text a few days later as a last resort.

I just say, "Hey, it's Basil. Give me a call at (555) 555-5555. Peace." Don't think it's hurting me any.

Quote: (03-27-2012 07:01 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

What kind of messages are you guys leaving? I'm getting high numbers of flakes lately after number closing. I'm getting tired of it. I think my annoyance may be coming across in my tone.

Hey randomwhore it's Parlay. We met the other night at bar whatever. Give me a call when you get a chance. 555-555-5555. Talk to you soon.

I think Roissy had some examples of what to say on his blog.

But you got to agree that your flake ratio will be high from a chick that you met in a bar.

Here is mine that gets me 60-75% call backs( I don't meet chicks in the bar).

"Hey it's wolf. Call me when you get this message, bye."

I don't need to mention where we met, I made a good enough impression where she will remember me. I don't leave my phone number because it will show my number as a missed call with a voicemail. I only leave my number when her phone goes straight to voice mail.

I always call the next day because I'm fresh on her mind. I don't come off needy so I can call the next day. I'm very laid on the phone(most of the time) and in person, so it doesn't feel like I'm forcing anything on them.

You also got to remember the time of day you call her, whether her ex-bf is back in her life, or something else happened in her life that goes into the equation whether she will pick up and even call you back.

Don't say in any part of your message "call me back", for whoever is reading this post.

Why aren't you sending these girls telegrams in Morse Code instead? Might as well, since you're using an outdated form of communication.

I'm all for the voicemail. In fact, circa 2005, my voicemail game was drum tight. But today's 20-something chick isn't happy about getting a voicemail. It's another thing "to deal with" for them. They don't like calling people that they don't already ramble with on a regular basis: a "best friend" from high school; her divorced-ass parents; maybe an LTR; maybe an emotional tampon/orbiter she dumps on periodically. You, a "random dude" hitting her up isn't getting into that rotation--even for a night.

Stick to text, man. It's what the bitches want and you can only dictate your own terms to a certain extent. No need to swim upstream on basic shit. Adapt or die.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote: (03-27-2012 07:30 PM)wolf Wrote:  

I don't leave my phone number because it will show my number as a missed call with a voicemail. I only leave my number when her phone goes straight to voice mail.

It is possible that the person is in an area with poor to no signal, so she will receive the voicemail, but she may or may not receive the missed call on her phone, even if the call doesn't go straight to voice mail.

"Hey, [insert woman's name]. I've kidnapped your parents, killed your dog and really, really think you should call me back."

In all seriousness, I just say, "Hey [insert woman's name]. This is Blaze. Talk to you soon."

How much have you tried texting? I came in thinking the same thing Tuth posted. If your phone game isn't working, switch to texts and see if your results improve.

Quote: (03-28-2012 01:08 AM)johnwu Wrote:  

Quote: (03-27-2012 07:30 PM)wolf Wrote:  

I don't leave my phone number because it will show my number as a missed call with a voicemail. I only leave my number when her phone goes straight to voice mail.

It is possible that the person is in an area with poor to no signal, so she will receive the voicemail, but she may or may not receive the missed call on her phone, even if the call doesn't go straight to voice mail.

If the person is smart enough after they listen to the voicemail they can click in one of the options to find out the number of the voicemail. If I don't get a call back I call one week later. In a week they decide whether they want to see me or some guy that was dating her f*ucked up and then they get back to me.

Most of the girls that I brought home and didn't bang responded second week or got in contact with me a month later that they were "now ready to date".

Most girls that answer or call right back are serious about dating. Which is 1 in 20.

I have never used voicemail in my whole life. Some people got angry about it when i worked at the office. I just told them i never used and left them flabbergasted.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (03-28-2012 02:00 AM)CJ Wrote:  

How much have you tried texting? I came in thinking the same thing Tuth posted. If your phone game isn't working, switch to texts and see if your results improve.

My text game is tight. It's just the first contact that's hit or miss.

Team Nachos

My take:

It depends on the girl and how you got the number. All else being equal, when you get a number from a girl, she herself falls into two categories:

There's a sub-category of high-status (read: attractive) girls who respect you more if you call. I am still pegging how exactly they differ, but basically they are usually hotter, more "fly", more serious about themselves (and others), among other things - almost always higher intelligence. She's tired of dealing with girly-men when she feels she has much more to offer. You might be tempted to call this sub-category; women. She doesn't give out her number as often, but when she does, she means it, because you met her standards and you established a decent connection. She will be WAITING for you to call.

For girls who are fun-loving, perhaps a bit more shy, less mature, more middle-of-the-road, less serious... they give out their number often, and can't remember half of the guys they gave it to. She will most likely worry you're just another creep and you're going to have to differentiate yourself by being far more laid back than most guys who are eager to get a hold of her. You will be better off proceeding by text so she doesn't go on the defensive.

I missed a few opportunities because I took the texting route with the first category, and I won a few in the first category by calling. In the second, 95% of girls never picked up, and of the texts I sent perhaps only half responded.

I don't bother with voice mail because everyone has a cell and she can see what number called. If she's curious, she will ring back, otherwise you don't have much of a chance either way.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

I use this as an opinion opener. The general answer I get is (and yes, I know, don't listen to what girls say, blah, blah, blah): if a girl is interested in you, she prefers getting a call. If she's on the fence or indifferent about you, she prefers getting a text.

Like alot of you guys, I have been going back and forth on this for a while. Should I call or text?

I have done alot of work with both methods and it seems like every few months, I change my mind.

But, recently, I have decided that I am done texting. After I first meet the girl, I will call the next day or the 2nd day. I think talking to her creates a deeper emotional connection then just texting her. For me, it is easier to engage her mind if I can speak to her and get her to speak to me. Texting is just too impersonal. It doesn't force her to invest any emotion. I've found that I can build comfort and attraction much better while speaking rather then texting.

Also, I like to be different from other guys. I know most guys are texting, so I call to set myself apart. I think it takes more balls and courage and game skill to call.

That said, once I've banged her, I will switch to texting to save time and energy.

If she is not returning your first call or text I would simply say that you didn;t make a strong enough impression when you got her number. Getting her number means nothing. It's HOW you got her number that is most important.

And, to answer Parlays question about the first voicemail..

My main thing is that my voice is strong and confident. I want to project my voice clearly, with power, and maybe a little flair.

What I usually say is just a simple..

"What up, its Gio, text me later"

(Ya, I tell them to text ,but when they text me, I call them back)

Quote: (03-27-2012 07:01 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

So what exactly is the point of VM in dating?.

No girl leaves home without her phone, if she can't answer for some reason she will call back or you can try again, if still no joy then you know she isn't interested.

Quote:Quote:

Stick to text, man. It's what the bitches want and you can only dictate your own terms to a certain extent. No need to swim upstream on basic shit. Adapt or die.

[Image: potd.gif]

The players who don't use text are passionate about it but I think it's the wrong move. Can you imagine writing letters to women ten years after the telephone was invented?

It's an age thing. I'll dumb it down.

For older chicks (28+) VM = Good
For younger chicks (18-27) VM = Bad

Personally, I won't leave a girl a voicemail unless I've gone on two dates or so with her already. I don't generally call girls anymore as it is, especially not some random slore I only met once in a bar.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

There's no point in leaving a voicemail unless you're dying or get stranded somewhere.

How do you guys feel about saying, "Alright cool I'll text you later" right after number closing? Or better yet texting her on the spot so she has your number.

Team Nachos

Quote: (03-28-2012 03:24 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

[Image: potd.gif]

The players who don't use text are passionate about it but I think it's the wrong move. Can you imagine writing letters to women ten years after the telephone was invented?

I wholeheartedly tried texting for 2 years, including using the text messaging guide in the revised bang, didn't get me anywhere. As soon as I went back to calling I started getting somewhere.

In fact it's the girls that complained that I didn't text and called were the ones that gave their pussy up. It works for me, that's all I care about. Texting works with you then roll with it.

Quote: (03-28-2012 03:26 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Personally, I won't leave a girl a voicemail unless I've gone on two dates or so with her already. I don't generally call girls anymore as it is, especially not some random slore I only met once in a bar.

The first thing that came to my head the moment I read the first post was "what about younger girls?". I think the "separate myself from other guys" route only works when she's gotten used to one method for a while. No matter what type of girl you're talking about, leaving a voice mail just looks weird to my generation. As a college kid I can tell you that most of my peers and I rarely get a voicemail from anyone who could be sending a text instead, even coming from parents.

Plus if she's a high value chick you've already set yourself apart from the pack by approaching. Think about how rare it is that a guy will walk up to a 7+ he hasn't met before and start talking to her. You've already narrowed it down to <0.1% of all men. Now add the fact that you're speaking with confidence and projecting a strong image/vibe from start to finish. After a performance like there's nothing left for you to prove so texting isn't going to lose you anything, while calling can only look weird or seem try-hard.

Quote: (03-28-2012 05:08 PM)CharleyHorse Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2012 03:26 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Plus if she's a high value chick you've already set yourself apart from the pack by approaching. Think about how rare it is that a guy will walk up to a 7+ he hasn't met before and start talking to her. You've already narrowed it down to <0.1% of all men.

I don't know about that. There are tons of men out there approaching women all times of the day, especially at night on the weekend. Do you really think 7+ women aren't being randomly approached by men constantly? [Image: lol.gif]

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (03-28-2012 10:38 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Plus if she's a high value chick you've already set yourself apart from the pack by approaching. Think about how rare it is that a guy will walk up to a 7+ he hasn't met before and start talking to her. You've already narrowed it down to <0.1% of all men.

I don't know about that. There are tons of men out there approaching women all times of the day, especially at night on the weekend. Do you really think 7+ women aren't being randomly approached by men constantly? [Image: lol.gif]

In the beginning and towards the end of my 4yr LTR, my ex would go out of her way to tell me how many guys were hitting on her.

I know it happened too, as I'd often interrupt doofuses at the bar trying to hit on her by just making out with her and then walking away, or there was the time I had to threaten to beat the shit out of some hipster at Whole Foods. Good times. Today, I'd probably just say, "Go ahead and take her if you want her, no refunds though!"

I've ranted and agreed on emotionality and hard core herd mentality in women. But I just realized I left out another wonderful benefit: abject LAZINESS unless it's something amuses her. She may like cleaning or cooking, so she's do that stuff if she's not hot enough to hire a maid-hiring Alpha, but if you leave a VM:

1) She has to figure out how to listen to it.
3) She has to listen to it, during which time she isn't checking on guys who are checking her out or other ego-gratification.
3) My god, she'd have to do the work of CALLING BACK!!!

Next thing you know, you'll want to her get A JOB!!!

Quote: (03-29-2012 02:39 AM)CJ Wrote:  

Quote: (03-28-2012 10:38 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

In the beginning and towards the end of my 4yr LTR, my ex would go out of her way to tell me how many guys were hitting on her.

I know it happened too, as I'd often interrupt doofuses at the bar trying to hit on her by just making out with her and then walking away, or there was the time I had to threaten to beat the shit out of some hipster at Whole Foods. Good times. Today, I'd probably just say, "Go ahead and take her if you want her, no refunds though!"

This is an interesting report, but there's some unknown factors:

1) You don't know if she spoke first to the guys to provoke them so she had something to use against you.
2) It sounds from your description, unless you were just judgmental from, cough cough jealousy, that the guys were very inept and weren't going to get anywhere with her.
3) I've Beta-Stalked hot chicks around places like Whole Foods for a few minutes at a time, not for an hour granted, but not many strangers if any at all talk to them. See number one -- it may be different if she is actively trying to provoke opening. If she speaks first, it makes it 1000 times more likely the average guy will make a go.