rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The filming of Elite Squad 2 during Roosh's tenure in a Favela (Tropa de Elite 2)

The filming of Elite Squad 2 during Roosh's tenure in a Favela (Tropa de Elite 2)

This has to be the movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1555149/ which was filmed when Roosh lived in a favela http://www.rooshv.com/bope-favela-invasion/

This appears to be a new DVD release in the US so I had to watch it. Incredible movie and definitely dramatic as any gang-ridden political A-movie made in Meryka. It is the most watched move in Brasilian cinema history exceeding Avatar according to the credits.

Can anyone elaborate on the accuracy of this movie since it's inspired by a true story? Makes me scared to go to Brasil... but I'm still going.
Is there police harassment for bribes like in Mexico ?

Part 2 was seriously awful. I was rolling my eyes.

Quote:Quote:

Makes me scared to go to Brasil... but I'm still going.

You are brave. [Image: wink.gif]

It's 100% accurate. Violence and corruption in Brazil are well known around the world.
The Part 2 can get boring (like Roosh mentioned) specially because the director changed the focus off action (Tropa de Elite 1) to a more Political , ideological piece.Some liked the change ,some hated it.

You don't need to be scared to come here , It would be the same as being scared to go to the US because you see TV shows like 24 or Homeland. Just down go to shady places nor do any shady business with shady people . Brazil is full of gray areas [Image: lol.gif]

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

I didn't see part 1, but enough of the violence. Even though I've driven through ghettos in US, and had a neighbor/buddy trick me into driving him to one, so he could buy some dope, I don't think I could live in a favela.

i just started looking into accommodations in Brasil. Is there a thread on short-term accommodations already?
I would prefer something shared (like hostels but with private rooms and bathrooms), until I get comfortable then perhaps a furnished studio. (Going for at least 3mos)

Tropa de Elite 2 =2 hours nap!!!!
Rio unsafe? yes, off course...but the same situation in other cities ( i lived and travelled) like Houston, Buenos Aires, Madrid, Prague or even Paris outside the touristic area.
Zona Sul is usually safe if you carry only money for beers/ snacks and you stay on the beach. When you get along with the people and the city you can ¨visit¨other neighborhoods such as Flamengo, Catete, Laranjeiras, Botafogo and Barra da Tijuca and Lapa.
At night i recommend caution, and carry always enough money to take a cab on your way back home. More than once you will find a tunnel within two neighborhoods: take a bus to cross them, don´t get inside.
I lived in Rio two months, never get mugged ( knocking on wood).
About Favelas, some of them are 100% pacified, but there´s no need to get there unless you are chasing a carioca.
Probably your biggest concern will be how expensive is Brazil nowdays. 100 dollars is not a lot of money, i´m afraid. A patricinha girl will demand high-end restaurants and clubs so be ready! Termas are expensive too but the quality is excellent ( a lot of 8´ and 9´).

I wear my bullet-proof vest everyday to go out. No one knows when the next gang-shooting will occur, and you have to be prepared.

I also wear it to go out at night, as Aliblahba advocates as serious next-level game.

When girls see me with my bullet-proof vest, they know I mean business!

[Image: pimp.gif]

Quote: (03-28-2012 09:46 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

I wear my bullet-proof vest everyday to go out. No one knows when the next gang-shooting will occur, and you have to be prepared.

I also wear it to go out at night, as Aliblahba advocates as serious next-level game.

When girls see me with my bullet-proof vest, they know I mean business!

[Image: pimp.gif]

Yeah , this is spot on Amour. It's always wise also to carry one or two hand grenades if you are walking home at night after partying , just in case.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue