rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rio de Janeiro - My report after three weeks.

This is the data sheet of my 3 weeks in Rio. It’s long so beware.

A lot of this will be me comparing Rio to Sao Paulo since I lived in SP 6 months. My trip to Rio was only for a little less than a month, but I was going out a lot more in Rio. I’ll also put some general thoughts I have on Brazil since I imagine the Rio thread is the most looked at for people going to Brazil.

General Thoughts and Info on Rio

Getting Around - Vadeonibus.com. Best website for getting around Rio and figuring out what bus to take. I thought the bus system was pretty easy here once you know the main landmarks and can read the signs on the bus. I like that Rio is so centralized. Most everything you want to do is going to be in Zona Sul (the south zone) so it’s not like Sao Paulo where you can spend 2 or 3 hours getting somewhere.

English – I thought about the same number of people would speak English in Rio as in SP. I was wrong, more people speak English in Rio. You still need to get some basic Portuguese to order at restaurants and stuff like that, but going to tourist places or going out at night I felt like at least half if not 70 percent of people spoke English. If you’re going to Brazil for a short trip, I don’t think any other city gives you the language access to girls that Rio does. (That being said I only traveled in South and Southeast Brazil so anything north of Vitoria, ES I can’t comment on.)

Going out on Weekdays – Not a lot of luck in Rio. SP always has stuff going down (obaoba.com.br is good for what’s hot each night). Monday-Thursday I couldn’t find good venues in Rio.

Middle vs. Upper class girls. I’m absolutely biased. I don’t have the style or bankroll to roll into top places and pull. I’d rather go to cheaper places with friendlier girls and drop 50 reais than get blown out all night and drop 100+. That being said, you get what you pay for. If you want model types, you got to hit the best places.

Younger vs. Older Girls. I found generally that younger girls were more likely to make out, but it was much harder to push It beyond that. They tend to travel in packs and while they will let you isolate one at the club, it’s a lot harder to get them to let you take one back. I had one 18-year-old girl grabbing my dick in the club, but I couldn’t get her away from her friends to save my life. I also found the younger girls to be really flakey so it was hard to set up day 2s. Older girls were more likely to go out alone or with only a friend or two so they were easier to take back.

Approaching in English or Portuguese. My Portuguese is far from perfect but it’s very conversational. I got two bangs with only Portuguese so I can hold a conversation. My initial theory was that it was better to approach in Portuguese so I didn’t eliminate girls that didn’t speak English. IN the end though, I think that it’s almost better to go ahead and eliminate them. I like to be speaking in English since it’s easier for me to tease them. If they don’t speak any English they probably aren’t that into foreigners either so I think English is good pre-selection. Regardless though, I found Brazilian girls made it very obvious if they were into you or not in the first couple minutes. If I didn’t get a “where are you from” within 2 minutes I just walked away.

Make Friends – I found the Brazilians really friendly. I thought some would be sick of tourists, but most of them were very interested in where I was from, what I was doing in Brazil, etc. If you are going to be around for more than a few days, make friends and hang out with them. It’s easier to know where to go and what to do and at least for me, meeting new people is the main reason I’m addicted to travel. The fact that it’s so easy to meet people in Brazil is a big part of why I’m getting addicted to here.

Couch Surfing – Both SP and Rio have active communities and nearly everyone speaks English. Look up the weekly meetings on the site. If you are planning on staying long term it can be a good way to meet people/network too.

Going out

I was trying to think of the best way of talking about venues/nights so it would be useful. There is already a ton of info on the forum, so I’ll just tell you what we did and my thoughts on each and you can make your own judgment. As I said, I went to places with more middle class girls so you won’t find any of the top talent places here. That doesn't mean there were plenty of 8s, just not at the concentration you'd see at the more upscale places. I bolded the venue names if you want to skim.

Thursday Night: Baixo Gávea. Big street party with lots of college kids and Young professionals. Cheap beer and a lot of girls speak English. Get there early, it’s packed out by 10pm and stays that way until around 2am.

Friday Night: Casa da Matriz was empty. We hung around until 1:30ish and it didn’t seem to be getting any better. Apparently there was a big concert that night that drew a lot of people. We bounced to Rio Scenarium in Lapa . I liked the vibe there a lot. Very cool décor, almost like getting drunk in a museum with all the stuff on the walls. It has one big room with a dance floor playing pop/usual club shit and another lounge area. I think the first floor had another dance floor, but it was almost empty when we were there.

Saturday Night: Got a tip from couchsurfing about a “College Party” in Lapa. It was at Teatro Odisseia (ended up being my favorite venue). There were two things I liked about this place. One, it played a bunch of classic rock which is good A. because I like classic rock and B. because Brazilians that like classic rock are a self-selecting crowd that usually speaks at least some English and like Anglo culture. My friend that didn’t speak any Portuguese cleaned up this night and we were both getting insane amounts of eye contact even when we were with girls.

Wednesday: We tried to go to Baronetti in Ipanmea, one of the more upscale places. The website made it look like they were open on Wednesdays, but when we got there it was not going down. We walked around a little and asked for places to go out, but everywhere people recommended were sit-down bars. The only event on obaoba.com.br was Indie karaoke at Casa da Matriz so we headed there. Not many people (50 tops), mainly just hilarity watching hipsters sing Madonna while trying to act rebellious. Inexplicably both me and my friend pulled this night. I will say that EVERYONE in the club spoke English. I talked to 20 people and only 1 wasn’t fully fluent.

Thursday: Casa da Matriz again. Some girls told us that it was good Thursdays. She was dead wrong. It sucked, music was awful, and maybe 100 people tops. Apparently though Thursday can be a good night though, hit or miss I guess.

Friday: Pista 3. Around the corner from Casa da Matriz in Botafogo. They were supposed to have some St. Patrick’s themed party, but it was just fucking horrible 90s pop. It was actually so horrible and I was drunk enough that it was fun. The ratio was average, but I can guarantee you’ll be the only gringo so you definitely can get the exotic factor going.

Saturday: Club Six Lapa. No doubt the worst night club I went to in Brazil. The ugliest, fattest girls I’ve ever seen in Brazil. Until someone can give a better report, avoid at all costs. Shitty music, ugly girls.

Thursday: Met up with Amour Fo (very cool guy, hit him up if you’re in Rio). We went to a bar in Ipanema that I can’t remember the name of. We caught the tail end of a birthday party so it wasn’t terribly exciting. Ended up at Emporio in Ipanema. It’s a rock bar that tends to draw a lot of tourists. I don’t think I’d go on the weekends, but it seems to be one of the few places open during the week and draws lots of tourists so English should be no problem.

Friday: Teatro Odisseia in Lapa. Met up with Amour. My friend and I both got lots of attention here again. It’s a Casa da Matriz like crowd (alternative with lots of English speakers), but bigger so you can really play the numbers game. The one major downside is it’s loud as shit so it can be hard to have a conversation, but that’s the case almost anywhere.

Saturday: Crazy night. We started at Casa da Matriz and it was empty. I liked Casa, but the numbers are what killed it. There were never that many people the nights we went. I recommend you look at listaamiga.com.br. It’s the website for the whole Casa da Matriz network and you can see how many people are on the list for each venue so you know which will be the most crowded. Anyway, we left Casa at around one for Teatro Odisseia in Lapa. The line was long as shit and we couldn’t get in (go out early). It was our last night so we didn’t want to quit on it. We ended up going to Dama de Ferro in Ipanema. It’s the only “after” (Late night) I knew in Rio. We got there a little after 3 and it was empty. Around 4am it started picking up and was pretty decent by 5am. My friend and I were talking to two girls downstairs when a bouncer walks up and pulls outside around 6am. He tells me that the girl my friend was talking to was the club owner’s girlfriend. We said cool whatever and walked back in to ask the girls what were going on. Both said they didn’t know what we were talking about, and before they could explain everything we get dragged out by the bouncer again. He says the owner is pissed that we talked to the girls again and wants us out. We say fine, but refuse to pay since we are getting kicked out for talking to girls at a club (yea, we didn’t go for your shit electronic music). The bouncers understand and say they’ll go talk to the owner. Anyway the owner turns out to be this short, old dude and he comes out screaming about how we “disrespected his girl.” He takes a swing at my friend and runs back inside the club. I try to call the cops to come and the bouncer ends up stealing a taxi to get us out of there.

Places to check out in Rio

Ilha Grande – One of the girls I hooked up with showed me pictures of this place and it looked beautiful. It’s apparently 3 hours away from Rio and since Monday-Wednesday are pretty mellow in Rio it would probably be worth checking out.

Floresta da Tijuca – We went here one day and hiked up to one of the peaks. Incredible view of Downtown and Zone Norte. I thought it was pretty awesome to have a forest like that inside the city limits and if you are at all interested in ecology the museum had some interesting info

Corcovado – big Jesus statue. Good views. R$40 to go up the train.

Conclusion: I know this is long as shit so I’ll keep it brief. Brazilian girls have a lot of things going for them. They’re diverse, you can find Japanese, white, black, and everything in between. They dress sexy. You don’t see girls at bars wearing oversize t-shirts and flip flops. They’re friendly. I almost never got that “Why are you talking to me” vibe that is tragically built into American women when I approached here. Even if they weren’t interested they were polite and responsive. Go to Brazil, just know how much it sucks coming back.

nice report, good info mate but what about rio v sao paulo?

Quote: (03-25-2012 07:57 PM)TheBear Wrote:  

This is the data sheet of my 3 weeks in Rio. It’s long so beware.

A lot of this will be me comparing Rio to Sao Paulo since I lived in SP 6 months. My trip to Rio was only for a little less than a month, but I was going out a lot more in Rio. I’ll also put some general thoughts I have on Brazil since I imagine the Rio thread is the most looked at for people going to Brazil.

General Thoughts and Info on Rio

Getting Around - Vadeonibus.com. Best website for getting around Rio and figuring out what bus to take. I thought the bus system was pretty easy here once you know the main landmarks and can read the signs on the bus. I like that Rio is so centralized. Most everything you want to do is going to be in Zona Sul (the south zone) so it’s not like Sao Paulo where you can spend 2 or 3 hours getting somewhere.

English – I thought about the same number of people would speak English in Rio as in SP. I was wrong, more people speak English in Rio. You still need to get some basic Portuguese to order at restaurants and stuff like that, but going to tourist places or going out at night I felt like at least half if not 70 percent of people spoke English. If you’re going to Brazil for a short trip, I don’t think any other city gives you the language access to girls that Rio does. (That being said I only traveled in South and Southeast Brazil so anything north of Vitoria, ES I can’t comment on.)

Going out on Weekdays – Not a lot of luck in Rio. SP always has stuff going down (obaoba.com.br is good for what’s hot each night). Monday-Thursday I couldn’t find good venues in Rio.

Middle vs. Upper class girls. I’m absolutely biased. I don’t have the style or bankroll to roll into top places and pull. I’d rather go to cheaper places with friendlier girls and drop 50 reais than get blown out all night and drop 100+. That being said, you get what you pay for. If you want model types, you got to hit the best places.

Younger vs. Older Girls. I found generally that younger girls were more likely to make out, but it was much harder to push It beyond that. They tend to travel in packs and while they will let you isolate one at the club, it’s a lot harder to get them to let you take one back. I had one 18-year-old girl grabbing my dick in the club, but I couldn’t get her away from her friends to save my life. I also found the younger girls to be really flakey so it was hard to set up day 2s. Older girls were more likely to go out alone or with only a friend or two so they were easier to take back.

Approaching in English or Portuguese. My Portuguese is far from perfect but it’s very conversational. I got two bangs with only Portuguese so I can hold a conversation. My initial theory was that it was better to approach in Portuguese so I didn’t eliminate girls that didn’t speak English. IN the end though, I think that it’s almost better to go ahead and eliminate them. I like to be speaking in English since it’s easier for me to tease them. If they don’t speak any English they probably aren’t that into foreigners either so I think English is good pre-selection. Regardless though, I found Brazilian girls made it very obvious if they were into you or not in the first couple minutes. If I didn’t get a “where are you from” within 2 minutes I just walked away.

Make Friends – I found the Brazilians really friendly. I thought some would be sick of tourists, but most of them were very interested in where I was from, what I was doing in Brazil, etc. If you are going to be around for more than a few days, make friends and hang out with them. It’s easier to know where to go and what to do and at least for me, meeting new people is the main reason I’m addicted to travel. The fact that it’s so easy to meet people in Brazil is a big part of why I’m getting addicted to here.

Couch Surfing – Both SP and Rio have active communities and nearly everyone speaks English. Look up the weekly meetings on the site. If you are planning on staying long term it can be a good way to meet people/network too.

Going out

I was trying to think of the best way of talking about venues/nights so it would be useful. There is already a ton of info on the forum, so I’ll just tell you what we did and my thoughts on each and you can make your own judgment. As I said, I went to places with more middle class girls so you won’t find any of the top talent places here. That doesn't mean there were plenty of 8s, just not at the concentration you'd see at the more upscale places. I bolded the venue names if you want to skim.

Thursday Night: Baixo Gávea. Big street party with lots of college kids and Young professionals. Cheap beer and a lot of girls speak English. Get there early, it’s packed out by 10pm and stays that way until around 2am.

Friday Night: Casa da Matriz was empty. We hung around until 1:30ish and it didn’t seem to be getting any better. Apparently there was a big concert that night that drew a lot of people. We bounced to Rio Scenarium in Lapa . I liked the vibe there a lot. Very cool décor, almost like getting drunk in a museum with all the stuff on the walls. It has one big room with a dance floor playing pop/usual club shit and another lounge area. I think the first floor had another dance floor, but it was almost empty when we were there.

Saturday Night: Got a tip from couchsurfing about a “College Party” in Lapa. It was at Teatro Odisseia (ended up being my favorite venue). There were two things I liked about this place. One, it played a bunch of classic rock which is good A. because I like classic rock and B. because Brazilians that like classic rock are a self-selecting crowd that usually speaks at least some English and like Anglo culture. My friend that didn’t speak any Portuguese cleaned up this night and we were both getting insane amounts of eye contact even when we were with girls.

Wednesday: We tried to go to Baronetti in Ipanmea, one of the more upscale places. The website made it look like they were open on Wednesdays, but when we got there it was not going down. We walked around a little and asked for places to go out, but everywhere people recommended were sit-down bars. The only event on obaoba.com.br was Indie karaoke at Casa da Matriz so we headed there. Not many people (50 tops), mainly just hilarity watching hipsters sing Madonna while trying to act rebellious. Inexplicably both me and my friend pulled this night. I will say that EVERYONE in the club spoke English. I talked to 20 people and only 1 wasn’t fully fluent.

Thursday: Casa da Matriz again. Some girls told us that it was good Thursdays. She was dead wrong. It sucked, music was awful, and maybe 100 people tops. Apparently though Thursday can be a good night though, hit or miss I guess.

Friday: Pista 3. Around the corner from Casa da Matriz in Botafogo. They were supposed to have some St. Patrick’s themed party, but it was just fucking horrible 90s pop. It was actually so horrible and I was drunk enough that it was fun. The ratio was average, but I can guarantee you’ll be the only gringo so you definitely can get the exotic factor going.

Saturday: Club Six Lapa. No doubt the worst night club I went to in Brazil. The ugliest, fattest girls I’ve ever seen in Brazil. Until someone can give a better report, avoid at all costs. Shitty music, ugly girls.

Thursday: Met up with Amour Fo (very cool guy, hit him up if you’re in Rio). We went to a bar in Ipanema that I can’t remember the name of. We caught the tail end of a birthday party so it wasn’t terribly exciting. Ended up at Emporio in Ipanema. It’s a rock bar that tends to draw a lot of tourists. I don’t think I’d go on the weekends, but it seems to be one of the few places open during the week and draws lots of tourists so English should be no problem.

Friday: Teatro Odisseia in Lapa. Met up with Amour. My friend and I both got lots of attention here again. It’s a Casa da Matriz like crowd (alternative with lots of English speakers), but bigger so you can really play the numbers game. The one major downside is it’s loud as shit so it can be hard to have a conversation, but that’s the case almost anywhere.

Saturday: Crazy night. We started at Casa da Matriz and it was empty. I liked Casa, but the numbers are what killed it. There were never that many people the nights we went. I recommend you look at listaamiga.com.br. It’s the website for the whole Casa da Matriz network and you can see how many people are on the list for each venue so you know which will be the most crowded. Anyway, we left Casa at around one for Teatro Odisseia in Lapa. The line was long as shit and we couldn’t get in (go out early). It was our last night so we didn’t want to quit on it. We ended up going to Dama de Ferro in Ipanema. It’s the only “after” (Late night) I knew in Rio. We got there a little after 3 and it was empty. Around 4am it started picking up and was pretty decent by 5am. My friend and I were talking to two girls downstairs when a bouncer walks up and pulls outside around 6am. He tells me that the girl my friend was talking to was the club owner’s girlfriend. We said cool whatever and walked back in to ask the girls what were going on. Both said they didn’t know what we were talking about, and before they could explain everything we get dragged out by the bouncer again. He says the owner is pissed that we talked to the girls again and wants us out. We say fine, but refuse to pay since we are getting kicked out for talking to girls at a club (yea, we didn’t go for your shit electronic music). The bouncers understand and say they’ll go talk to the owner. Anyway the owner turns out to be this short, old dude and he comes out screaming about how we “disrespected his girl.” He takes a swing at my friend and runs back inside the club. I try to call the cops to come and the bouncer ends up stealing a taxi to get us out of there.

Places to check out in Rio

Ilha Grande – One of the girls I hooked up with showed me pictures of this place and it looked beautiful. It’s apparently 3 hours away from Rio and since Monday-Wednesday are pretty mellow in Rio it would probably be worth checking out.

Floresta da Tijuca – We went here one day and hiked up to one of the peaks. Incredible view of Downtown and Zone Norte. I thought it was pretty awesome to have a forest like that inside the city limits and if you are at all interested in ecology the museum had some interesting info

Corcovado – big Jesus statue. Good views. R$40 to go up the train.

Conclusion: I know this is long as shit so I’ll keep it brief. Brazilian girls have a lot of things going for them. They’re diverse, you can find Japanese, white, black, and everything in between. They dress sexy. You don’t see girls at bars wearing oversize t-shirts and flip flops. They’re friendly. I almost never got that “Why are you talking to me” vibe that is tragically built into American women when I approached here. Even if they weren’t interested they were polite and responsive. Go to Brazil, just know how much it sucks coming back.

Good data sheet Bear. How is the fattie situation on the streets in Rio now. A year and a half ago, when I was there, saw a high proportion though nothing like the US or most Western countries. My overall impression of Rio, is that the average cutie on the street is no better than the Northeast, where they are way easier for a foreigner who has some portugues or spanish. Just like you said, the 8s and highers congregate in the upper class clubs in Rio, like no other city in Brazil and they come from all over. But Im not one to just watch and admire, so I will always prefer the NE of Brazil.

How was SP in comparison girly wise.
Were you teaching there,and did you learn the Portuguese in those 6 months?
Thanks

Go to Brazil, just know how much it sucks coming back.

Exactly. It's been over 2 months since I've been back and I still think about it every day. Whenever anyone asks me what my plans are for the future or shit like that, I say I'm moving to Brazil. They always think I'm joking. I'm not.

Yeah, Brazil is bad but is good. A unique country , indeed.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Great data sheet!

great data!!!! and report...

So how many girls did you bang during these three weeks?

Baronetti
I went there about 4 years ago during Carnaval. Definitely a club on the swankier side. 2 levels, but all the action was on the 1st. Some hot girls there, but they were not easy to game. (My game wasn't great at the time, but I still approached a lot.) They were definitely the upper-crust type; a lot spoke English. We pulled some American girls, but no luck with cariocas.

The kicker: They use a paying system where you have a card that gets swiped every time you buy a drink, and then you pay when you leave. My friend's bill was double what he actually drank, with all the drinks he had listed 2x. Argued as much as we could, but we basically got screwed. We scrapped up all the scratch we had on us and were shy, but they let us go anyway.

Didn't really think that shady kind of shit would happen in a place as nice as that. Buyer beware.

Quote: (03-29-2012 04:13 PM)PDX Wrote:  

Baronetti
I went there about 4 years ago during Carnaval. Definitely a club on the swankier side. 2 levels, but all the action was on the 1st. Some hot girls there, but they were not easy to game. (My game wasn't great at the time, but I still approached a lot.) They were definitely the upper-crust type; a lot spoke English. We pulled some American girls, but no luck with cariocas.

The kicker: They use a paying system where you have a card that gets swiped every time you buy a drink, and then you pay when you leave. My friend's bill was double what he actually drank, with all the drinks he had listed 2x. Argued as much as we could, but we basically got screwed. We scrapped up all the scratch we had on us and were shy, but they let us go anyway.

Didn't really think that shady kind of shit would happen in a place as nice as that. Buyer beware.

I stayed at the Mango Tree Hostel in Ipanema which is really close to Baronetti, I was going to go one night, but ended up deciding that it was too expensive and probably not worth it.

I was pretty floored by how fucking hot the women in line to get into the club were, in my opinion they were all 8+ on the scale, and dressed extremely sexy. The dudes definitely all looked like they were paid, and a lot of them were well dress, buffed up, pretty boy types, so pretty stiff competition as far as picking up goes.

I can't remember what the entrance fee was in reals, or the exchange ratio at that time, but I do remember that it they were charging the equivalent of $60 US to get in, but you got $30 of that in drinks. So basically it was $30 USD just to get in, which may not be that much for club standards, but I was counting my dollars at that point.

I've never really done the nightclub thing in any major U.S. cities, (outside of a couple on 6th St. ATX), so I don't know how much clubs typically charge to get into at the door. But, it did seem that some clubs in Rio were pretty taxed on door fees, I opted out of not going to Zero Zero for the same reason. From what I remember even Rio Scenarium in Lapa can be expensive to get into.

Next time I go back, I'm going to say fuck it and hit the club scene a little bit harder. I regret not going into Rio Scenarium, because from everything I've heard that sounds like the dopest ones, and one of the easiest to pick up women at.

As lame as it is, I went down to Lapa with some people from my hostel, and them being all western backpacker types didn't want to pay the high cost to get into Scenarium, so we all went to some of the shitty clubs that directly face the square, which were all free or cheap to get into, but were mostly sausage-fests, and filled with average quality girls, and more of a "lower class vibe".

I did get some IOI's from some women, but it was so sausagey in a couple clubs, I wasn't sure if they were meant for me, plus my game and Portuguese were way more beginner at that time.

One guy from my hostel ended up going there late on an off night (I was tired and decided not to go), he ended up pulling a 7 quality girl, and had the pics to prove it. I didn't get this dude, 30 year old Morrocan American cat from NYC, dude wasn't particularly good looking by any means, but straight killed it in Brazil. He was a Wall St. cat with a fat bankroll and money to throw, and he did seem to have tight game, and decent Portuguese.

Anyways, I'm hoping to return to Bundhaland sometime next winter, it's good to hear that Amour Fou is down to meet up with forum members, it would be cool to have some wings to roll with there, especially a local who knows the ins and outs of the scene.

The only other club that I'm curious about is Casa da Matriz, because I know it was one of Roosh's favorite spots where he had the most success and pulled with ease. From this report it sounds pretty hit or miss, but it might be the best spot for an American guy to pull a Carioca, especially if you have some kind of alternative style or vibe.

Quote: (03-26-2012 08:31 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Good data sheet Bear. How is the fattie situation on the streets in Rio now. A year and a half ago, when I was there, saw a high proportion though nothing like the US or most Western countries. My overall impression of Rio, is that the average cutie on the street is no better than the Northeast, where they are way easier for a foreigner who has some portugues or spanish. Just like you said, the 8s and highers congregate in the upper class clubs in Rio, like no other city in Brazil and they come from all over. But Im not one to just watch and admire, so I will always prefer the NE of Brazil.

I can't really comment on the fat chicks. I just got back to the U.S. yesterday and almost cried at the airport in Charlotte. Sure, Brazil has fat chicks but so does everywhere and they have a shitload less than the U.S.

I never got to the NE, but it is definitely high on my list. Do you think the NE is significantly more affordable? I'm going to be in the U.S. through the rest of the year and then back out of the country, but Rio/SP are probably going to be price prohibitive for me. How do the girls compare to SP/Rio? Everyone in SP said it was all black girls and I prefer the more classic latin/brazilian girl (olive skin with dark hair).

Quote: (03-26-2012 09:46 AM)Pilgrim37 Wrote:  

How was SP in comparison girly wise.
Were you teaching there,and did you learn the Portuguese in those 6 months?
Thanks

I didn't feel there was a significant difference quality wise between Rio and SP. SP has more nightlife options so if you can go out 5+ nights a week you will have a lot more opportunities there.

Quote: (03-26-2012 10:37 AM)slubu Wrote:  

Go to Brazil, just know how much it sucks coming back.

Exactly. It's been over 2 months since I've been back and I still think about it every day. Whenever anyone asks me what my plans are for the future or shit like that, I say I'm moving to Brazil. They always think I'm joking. I'm not.

Haha. I hear you man. I've been back in the U.S. 24 hours, seen my families and had a beer with my buddies. That'll do it. TAKE ME BACK!

Quote: (03-29-2012 03:50 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

So how many girls did you bang during these three weeks?

3, but one was a german chick. I don't know if you count that or not. I think I could have done better honestly as I'm still not weasely enough when I'm trying to close. If the girl won't come back after 2 or 3 times of me trying to get her to go I usually just say fuck it.

TheBear, I wish I gave you some more attention in the end of your stay, but that rain on Friday had me down on the rest of the weekend. It seems you had a good time in Brazil, and it is nice to hear that.

I'll give you guys this on the Rio nightlife scene: it is not easy to find the good spots, you run into them mostly by accident. The nightlife here is a serious mutant. You might be surprised to find that your "archetypal Brasileira" is quite a different creature then you expected, as women here are so varied.

I'm currently in the search for different and better venues. Places like Casa da Matriz and Pista 3, although you can still have some fun as the girls are easy, they are not particularly the best you can find over here.

The scene is constantly changing, new places open (such as the new StudioRJ that I've been hearing good things about) and traditional places are closing down (such as Dama de Ferro). I heard of some good parties that are happing in a new lounge at Vidigal favela, and I'll have to check it out.

I generally avoid the high-end clubs, but I'm considering hitting those up just to see how they are nowadays (I haven't been in one close to 5 years).

Basically, for all Rio is, it could have a better nightlife, venue and crowd-wise. Still, you can have some fun.

I'll post any relevant updates I find on things over here, as people seem to take a lot of interest in this place.

Quote:Quote:

I used to like the Centro happy hour scene. Tuesdays and Wednesdays at Pampa Grill, Symbol.

This is the after work crowd. Girls are charged absolutely nothing if they arrive before 8pm, eat dinner from the free buffet and stay until 10pm. So you kind of have a captive audience to work with.

You need to arrive early to these things (always a long line). Earlier is also better for meeting people. Later on, more guys are drunk and going full caveman, and some of the female crowd leaves after 10pm.

It's been years since I was in Rio, not sure if this scene is still good. Amour Fou, any thoughts?

Quote: (03-29-2012 05:36 PM)TheBear Wrote:  

Quote: (03-26-2012 08:31 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

I can't really comment on the fat chicks. I just got back to the U.S. yesterday and almost cried at the airport in Charlotte. Sure, Brazil has fat chicks but so does everywhere and they have a shitload less than the U.S.

I never got to the NE, but it is definitely high on my list. Do you think the NE is significantly more affordable? I'm going to be in the U.S. through the rest of the year and then back out of the country, but Rio/SP are probably going to be price prohibitive for me. How do the girls compare to SP/Rio? Everyone in SP said it was all black girls and I prefer the more classic latin/brazilian girl (olive skin with dark hair).

Bear, it depends on which NE city you go to. Cities, like Joao Pessoa and Natal have similar ethnic ratios to Rio. About 40 percent white girls, 40 percent mixed and 20 percent black or mulatto. Funny thing is, the the only truly black girl that I banged in Brazil was in Belo Horizonte. Banged some mulattas in Rio and the NE though. In Salvador or Fortaleza it would be different, with the black percentage being higher. If you have decent portuguese you can pull 7 or 8s easier than in Rio, or any other part of the country. The Northeast is the the only true and last bastion of easy, sexy,young and availabe women fot us international players, as the rest of Brazil is going the way of most Westernized and modern countries. Only exception would be Brasilia, where a foreign player can do well. I did just as well as Mixx did there, without the power suit or the job interview scam which i am using now for Vietnam, by the way.

Prices for swanky furnished apartments are about 40 to 50 percent cheaper in Natal ansd JP than in SP or Rio. The rest is similar though a bit cheaper. Just rent a nice furnished apartment,next to the beach in the NE, and you will do well. Just dont forget having at least some basic portuguesea or if not, then fluent spanish.

Clive James Postcard from Rio. Programme from the 80's,old school travelogue.Funny.

"Feminism hasn't arrived here yet,and when it does it'll need guns to get in"

Quote: (03-30-2012 06:12 AM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

The Northeast is the the only true and last bastion of easy, sexy,young and availabe women.

Personally, it is in Recife and Fortaleza (well, and in Manaus) that I have seen the higher number of really ugly girls in all my travels (but I've never been to Peru and I guess that girls there are even uglier). There is hot girls of course in Nordeste, but they are very rare.The majority is your typical nordestina ie meztica or black, short and overweighted, with bad skin, fucked-up teeth, ect. And as usual in Brasil, the hottest higher class white girls are very very cliquey and out of reach for 95% of the sex-hungry tourists.

Furthermore, Fortaleza and Recife (as Salvador for that matter) are ugly, dirty, dangerous and soulless cities, that stretch on dozens of kilometers along the coast and where any significant taxi ride costs you a fortune.

IMO the only city in Nordeste worth an extended stay is Sao Luis. Girls aren't more beautiful, but at least the place is highly enjoyable and still out of the beaten tracks.

Belem, up north, has a better ratio of good-looking meninas but still, streets there are not paved with beauties, far from it.

Quick feedback from my trip to Rio.

I went Friday night to Lapa and thought it was on fire. I haven't seen so many 7+ girls outside of Kiev ever. There is a number of bars and clubs in Lapa. I hit the bars and girls were very approachable - collected some numbers. I went on to Rio Scenarium, great venue and music. Approach number 3 stuck and I made out with a 7+ Brazilian girl 30 minutes later. After she went home I walked over to Teatro Ossetia - much younger crowd here. Approached a couple of girls and kissed girl no. 2 after 60 seconds. OK folks - this is Brazil - Amazing!

However both make outs did not go anywhere besides dead numbers.

I went back Saturday night to the same places with high hopes but it was very different - much more hostile crowd. Did 15 approaches in Rio Scenarium that could not penetrate the cold bitch shields. I also found the quality of girls lacking - no comparison to 24 hours earlier when the place was on fire.

People recommended Santa (Samba) Luiz for Fridays and Sundays but I never went. Also there are a couple of street parties with Samba every other day - ask during your approaches - the girls will know.

For daygaming I liked the area around the Centro Cultural de Corrientes in Centro and the shopping streets and the beach boulevard along Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. Lot's of beautiful girls - very approachable. Most girls (unlike in Argentina) responded to my SMS (albeit only 2 were up for a date next day).

I was positively surprised not just by the looks but also the intellect. I went on (fun!) dates with a young (!) medical doctor, a (young!) judge and a girl that manages a bank (branch). They also paid for their own drinks without exception. Not a lot of girls speak fluent English but almost all can understand and reply back usefully. Google Translate also helps.

Best approach during my time - I hit on a girl working at Centaur in Copacabana - an upscale brothel - and apparently she was Justin Biebers girl for the night. She was very excited when I hit on her at the beach - lol.

AirBnB does a good job for places along the beaches. Food wise the place is just ok. Prices are high in Brazil so you will be required to watch prices more frugally than in most other places you travel to. However the girls will keep you busy.

I certainly understand why RVF members like Rio so much. I'd go back anytime to get a better feel of that place.

I'll be in Rio from 15th april to the 5th may, didn't book the apartment yet, will do it this weekend.

I pipelined around 20 gorgeous women so it should be fine [Image: smile.gif]

My program will be beach, gym and girls + some visits and cultural stuff.

For the girls it will be mainly day game as that's what I like, I'm looking for a nice apartment to invite them directly there. I am a kind of lazy bear, I don't like spending all the night outside for a hasardous result, I consider that nights are made to be rewarded for the job you've done during the day, in other words I'm not a party animal but women are my passion.

I'll try to get a mix of what Rio has to offer in terms of women, favella chicks, highly educated girls, hipsters, white or dark, between 24 and 45.

I'll give a feedback when I'll be back, I always highly apreciate reading datasheets here so I'll contribute even if I'm aware that Rio isn't an exotic destination anymore for many of you.

I'm currently in Rio, was supposed to leave yesterday but I'm currently jobless so I have no obligation to go back home, no wife and kids waiting for me...

When I say jobless it doesn't mean I'm a hobo, I work as a freelancer (had enough of being a multinational's bitch), I'm without work since 5 months but I have no regret to be a freelancer.
Anyway, here is a short feedback of my stay, arrived here 3 weeks ago, my first time in latin America.

1st day: 2 bangs

The 2 girls were pipelined on tinder, I met the first at 3 pm in my neighborhood as it's a central place from which many buses start. She had a pizza as she was hungry then we went to my apartment, she was black with a big booty, not a ghetto chick, she was actually finishing a Master but didn't speak a word of english or spanish, we manage to understand each other with portugnol and body language.

After the first girl I was exhausted as I spent 15 h in the plane the night before so all I was thinking about was sleeping...but a chick that I was talking to since weeks knew that I was here and insisted to meet me...ok

Met this girl 50 m from my place, we had dinner then she came home and we fucked all night, she was one of the horniest bitches I ever met in my life, asking me to slap her booty and face and to call her my bitch, taking my finger, putting it in her mouth then in her butthole while looking at me...awesome, even though I'm in my mid 30's and was exhausted, she knew how to light my fire.

Day 2: daygamed a chick in my neighborhood and got her number but slept alone as I needed some rest

Day 3: had a date with the girl daygamed the day before. Met her after her work, we went to a cheap restaurant as she was hungry then we came home (wasn't easy with this one, the 2 first didn't speak a world of english and were easy to get home but this one gave me some hard time).

Wasn't easy to fuck her neither and it wasn't worth all these efforts, it was like I was fucking a dead wood.

Day 4: tinder date with a beautiful mulata with a big booty, we spent the night in various bars in Lapa then she took me home, good fuck but this girl was constantly looking for free stuff.

Day 5: Slept
Day 6: Slept
day 7: tinder date: the girl was sweet and had some charm but was very thin and with a light skin, definitely not my type, I politely told her I was exhausted and went home to sleep
day 8: 2 tinder dates: the 2 girls were ugly as fuck!! after the second date I was half depressed thinking that my luck has turned in Brasil...

Day 9: tinder date: I had a date with 2 young students, ended up fucking one of them (pretty petite brunette with long black hair and a big booty)

Day 10: slept
day 11: spent the night with the horny bitch that I met the first day (god that was even better the second night !!)

day 12: slept (the chick of the night before took all my energy [Image: smile.gif] )
day 13Confusedlept
day 14: tinder date: the girl came directly to my apartment and knocked at the door, I thought only hookers do that [Image: icon_biggrin.gif]
This girl had fake tits but overall a great body, brazilian women are really passionate and want their man to enjoy, be kind to her and you'll be a king.

Day 15: slept
Day 16: tinder date: this girl also came directly to my apartment, she explicitely said on tinder that she was coming to fuck, was even hornier than the one from the first night, asking me to buttfuck her hard, calling me "gringo safado" and asking me to say that she's "mi puta"...fun night again [Image: smile.gif]

day 17-18: slept
day 19: tinder date: the girl also came directly to my apartment, wasn't really my type as she was petite with very thin hips and a small booty but had such a pretty face and a beautiful skin...it was worth doing an effort.

day 20-21: slept

Today is day 22: fishing wasn't good the 3 last days, hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

apart from that I did the classic touristic stuffs, I have to say I'm often bored during the day and some nights.

In the next posts I'll try to talk about day game and some general thoughts (the city itself, cost of living, security...)

Will post some pics as well when I can.

^^^ Since you had such wild success using Tinder in Brazil, can you describe your looks, photos and what your online game was like.